Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

So does the stuff I have in this one transfer to the next game?

Not exactly.

You get do get bonuses at the start of SC depending on your Rank in FC, and some quests will carry over their NPC progress to the next game.

You also start with the same level you ended with in FC.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Not exactly.

You get do get bonuses depending on your Rank, and some quests will carry over their NPC progress to the next game

Ah, okay. That's alright. How much longer is the next game? Gameplay time wise that is. I'm currently clocked at 25 hours and almost done.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, okay. That's alright. How much longer is the next game? Gameplay time wise that is. I'm currently clocked at 25 hours and almost done.

1.5 to 2 times as long.

Also i edited in some details, so i will qoute myself again 😉

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not exactly.

You get do get bonuses at the start of SC depending on your Rank in FC, and some quests will carry over their NPC progress to the next game.

You also start with the same level you ended with in FC.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dat's a hot take

They are better, overall, but slightly less than people say, I feel. Three Houses has some great supports, but you can really tell in some places that the writers were struggling to come up with ideas for support chains. Like, Hanneman and Annette talking about dusting bookshelves for 3 conversations, for instance. They couldn't come up with anything better - but they had to do something, anything, because we gotta have a thousand supports! Quantity over quality, amirite?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I found bond supports pretty usefull, honestly. +3 to +9 Atk with the right setup isn't something to scoff at.

...The what? Is this some sort of hidden mechanic? Because lemme tell you, that's not gonna redeem 3H supports in my eyes. If there were supports that actually did something, why wouldn't the game tell me!?

If I'm just blind and didn't see it, feel free to yell at me about it.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but that’s a you thing.

I know. Why do you think I'm always so angry at Three Houses? Everyone loves it! Three Houses is FE's future! And that means I'm very likely going to become the same with FE as Shrimpy is with Trails!

Shrimpy was saying that in Three Houses the other characters have genuine relationships with the other characters instead of just being extensions of the self insert, to which you responded Fates was better. Now, while Fates supports are much better for gameplay, the text is a complete after thought for the most part and just them throwing their gimmicks at each other for four convos because they needed something to put there, so I wouldn’t say it does a great job at all of making the characters feel like they actually have a relationship or whatever-

Again, they are better than Fates, don't get me wrong - but not by so much that it justifies the massive fuckin' canyon in quality between their gameplays.

what.

Yeah. There, I fucking said it. Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, Cosmo will love the opening of SC.

Tbf it's like the 2nd best opening in existence, but he will love it.

Wait... I will? That's a good sign at least!

1.5 to 2 times as long.

Also i edited in some details, so i will qoute myself again 😉

Alright perfect. 

I noticed and thank you!

Is the second chapter much better or worse? Overall I mean.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

How did we get to the point where I'm defending the anime and everyone else is giving me hell for having different opinions

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you liked the first game, you'll love the second. For every bit as good as the first game is, the second's even better.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

.The what? Is this some sort of hidden mechanic?

it's not hidden, but the game doesn'T exactly tell you about it. You can see it in the support menu however.

Characters who are close friends (Annette <-> Mercedes, Ignatz <-> Raphael, etc.) have Bond support with each other where they give each other ATK bonuses, up to +3 on A support. 

Although now that i think about it, +9 is impossible because no one has a bond support with more than 2 characters, so +6 ATK is max, i think.

Wait... I will?

100%

SC is generally seen as the best game in the series.

Eisen road gives you so much time sepith! Thanks game!

I also jut realized I’ve been reading sepith wrong. Oops.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They are better, overall, but slightly less than people say, I feel. Three Houses has some great supports, but you can really tell in some places that the writers were struggling to come up with ideas for support chains. Like, Hanneman and Annette talking about dusting bookshelves for 3 conversations, for instance. They couldn't come up with anything better - but they had to do something, anything, because we gotta have a thousand supports! Quantity over quality, amirite?

After you just said you like Fates supports, as suppprts? This is a joke. This has to be a joke.

...The what? Is this some sort of hidden mechanic? Because lemme tell you, that's not gonna redeem 3H supports in my eyes. If there were supports that actually did something, why wouldn't the game tell me!?

It actually is.

Edit: Oh wait no it’s not.

I know. Why do you think I'm always so angry at Three Houses? Everyone loves it! Three Houses is FE's future! And that means I'm very likely going to become the same with FE as Shrimpy is with Trails!

I just meant that you weren’t really disagreeing with Shrimpy because he wasn’t talking about the gameplay.

Again, they are better than Fates, don't get me wrong - but not by so much that it justifies the massive fuckin' canyon in quality between their gameplays.

But supports aren’t that integral to the gameplay, the supports don’t take away from the gameplay at all!

Yeah. There, I fucking said it. Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?

Question everything.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you liked the first game, you'll love the second. For every bit as good as the first game is, the second's even better.

Alright, perfect!

100%

SC is generally seen as the best game in the series.

Nice! Now I'm excited even more!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that's something I forgot to point out (I was going to correct it when you posted). Not only do they have less impact than in Fates, they have less impact than in the entire fucking series. I swear they just do nothing!

You know what? I am going to bring this up.

Archanea and Thracia have bond supports, which also have flat hit/evade boosts in three spaces. but MotE has Crit on top (though a few have +5 instead of +10), while Thracia has some that are +20, but most are +10 and it adds crit evade. Both can have 1-way supports (See Leif the cheerleader).

SD actually has them and they alongside their increases are hidden (Why?), but they work similarly to NMotE but with some being 1-way (And raise to a max of 10 Hit/evade and 5 Crit (Evade)). All of these are kinda esoteric and end up kinda optional to me, like with NMotE.

Genealogy has the crit boosting supports, but I'd argue these are worse with the requirements of being adjacent. In Genealogy. Good luck making regular use imo.

I will argue that those are less relevant. My gripe on 3H's gameplay for supports is that they end up kinda useful, but never do much more than the flat raising of hit/evade that makes them kinda perfunctory to the experience. RD, for all I hate the supports as character writing are actually interesting gameplay wise.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...The what? Is this some sort of hidden mechanic? Because lemme tell you, that's not gonna redeem 3H supports in my eyes. If there were supports that actually did osmething, why wouldn't the game tell me!?

I did mention it earlier.

It is essentially hidden though, but you will see it affect might in the combat preps before you attack as it raises might on top of hit/evade.

Although now that i think about it, +9 is impossible because no one has a bond support with more than 2 characters, so +6 ATK is max, i think.

Byleth might. *sigh.

Okay, I think I have enough time to beat up Sakura and the old man with the glasses before going to bed.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Characters who are close friends (Annette <-> Mercedes, Ignatz <-> Raphael, etc.) have Bond support with each other where they give each other ATK bonuses, up to +3 on A support. 

Right. Well, good to know.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

After you just said you like Fates supports, as suppprts? This is a joke. This has to be a joke.

Look, I'll level with you - I must ask that you bear with me and my biases when talking about Three Houses, because everyone speaks of Three Houses as if it's the second coming of Jesus Christ, and that annoys me, because it has flaws the size of the Empire State. So yeah, forgive me for being less lenient with its flaws than Fates's flaws. Everyone knows Fates bad, you don't need me to tell you that. Three Houses, though, everyone loses their shit over it and pretends its flaws aren't that bad. Well, they're that bad to me, I'm sorry.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's fine if you like it, and I understand I'm in the minority here, but... Christ, it's just so frustrating. I want no part of Three Houses to ever return. Not even the music. Fates did music better, too! Can we go back to Fates, please? Just hire better writers (or, y'know... just hire writers, period) and we'll be golden!

I just meant that you weren’t really disagreeing with Shrimpy because he wasn’t talking about the gameplay.

Ah.

...Well, what I said still applies.

I just don't want to be angry anymore, man... I want the next FE to save the series for me!

Question everything.

Well, fucking bring it on, then!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you were in that room  i take it?

No, I'm afraid I only watch one VTuber. I believe I said it before, but the whole "haha we're so lewd" gimmick got old rather fast for me. I still enjoy the clips youtube sends me, at times, but I wouldn't sit through an entire stream of that. Leave it to Rooben to be a fun-hating prick even when it comes to being a filthy weeb

bcotowkrvwy31.jpg

List of Bond Supports in 3H

so yeah, max. 2 per route.

Hanneman has none.

It's like the game is out to make me mad, I swear...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

not in a single route.

Byleth has bond support with Lords and Flayn, which makes max.2 per route

And then the DLC unlocked the third key, because Yuri also can add might.

DLC would also do it for Hilda but they never gave the + might boost to Dorothea/Hilda despite it being listed in the code.

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Characters don'T even interact with each other most of the time, only with fucking Rean

We talk about the flaws of FE's Support Convos but the Trails Bonding Events do have it worse since it's basically the same thing except with one character.

But development is consistent at least.

....I know you stopped talking about this but my shift for the day just ended 20 minutes ago (and an hour and a half before it was supposed to originally end). I just got here.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's like twice as long. Keep in mind, FC and SC were supposed to be one game before Falcom realized it was too long and split it in two.

They also did this with both halves of the Cold Steel games so I think Falcom had a tendency to bite off more than they can chew with this series. Kinda like pre-Blade Xeno.