Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_952.png

Cower in fear of the unit who didn't get her PRF. Not like she needs it with that strength stat. 

Ah hey, that was my Sheela as well nice

Her and Zayid together were so good

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Teehee Thread when Ruben:

When you linked the other Frollo video I thought of this one.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s... not how you respond to that though.

Someone having to improve from that kind of behaviour or thinking can be a good thing to do in fiction, protagonists aren't all paragons of perfect virtue and seeing people actually learn from their mistakes should be encouraged imo.

I'm not saying this is the way to do it, because I literally have no context to it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's a game from 2004.

I doubt Estelle uses that rational

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, she's just a teenage girl being protective of her brother.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This.

She wants to act tough like a big sister

But she could have, y’know... said something actually protective/tough?

Just now, Dayni said:

Someone having to improve from that kind of behaviour or thinking can be a good thing to do in fiction, protagonists aren't all paragons of perfect virtue and seeing people actually learn from their mistakes should be encouraged imo.

I will be astounded if that happens.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

and Estelle's growth is 👌

I will believe it when I see it.

...7 chapters now. Unless Benice convinces me to play Yakuza first.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Falcom knows how to do character development, and Estelle is no exception.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Then be astounded.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Haha now i remember a certain scene at the start of SC and Estelle not knowing how to deal with it

Hide contents

when she tought Cutielace was confessing to her.

That scene spawned so many memes

Lol. That was hilarious.

I mean it’s possible there’s a plot about Estelle changing for the better in that regard, I just don’t see it as very likely.

Anyway, Olivier joined! Woo!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unless Benice convinces me to play Yakuza first.

Play Yakuza first.

My charisma is 0, I don't know how to convince people.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think I get you there too. Japan not exactly being the most progressive on that front could certainly have an influence on that here. But hey, maybe the people hyping up the game know it's in the text.

I say this coming from a country that still made a point of trying to ban gays in my lifetime (Along with my having somewhat regrettable attitudes in a more naive part of my life but that's kinda off topic to the point I wanted to make originally?). It mightn't have been much of my life for it in a more broad sense, but marriage was a struggle that still went on until the middle of last decade and there's still a stigma for blood donation that has not been resolved and if I keep going I am going to go full tilt into tearing into the state and nobody here wants that.

i am just saying

1. we wouldn't be loving Estelle so much if she stayed the same character all the time
  2. the game is from 2004, not 2020.
  3. I've seen more extreme reactions from people irl. 
  4. Different cultures have different reaction on that topic, and i know that personally from travelling around. Not everyone grew in a city that accepts that topic normally like us, and definetly not japan in 2004.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

From Sooks reaction i know now he always lived in the city and never had to deal with village peeps or older peeps.

No and yes. That was my moms instead.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i am just saying

1. we wouldn't be loving Estelle so much if she stayed the same character all the time
  4. Different cultures have different reaction on that topic, and i know that personally from travelling around. Not everyone grew in a city that accepts that topic normally like us, and definetly not japan in 2004.

This.

3 as well, especially from the older members of my family as an example.

Edited by twilitfalchion

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

When you linked the other Frollo video I thought of this one.

{OLD} tag on the title or no, that rant just never gets old. It's so good.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Play Yakuza first.

My charisma is 0, I don't know how to convince people.

Plot twist: I play both at the same time, complain I don't hve enough time for them, then I quit in frustration and play Berwick Saga again instead.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i am just saying

I'm still gonna spend my entire playthrough comparing her to Disgraceman, you know that, right?

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

From Sooks reaction i know now he always lived in the city and never had to deal with village peeps or older peeps.

Kinda. I'd argue shitty attitudes also can emerge in urban settings, even if it tends to persist longer in rural settings (Will I just show the marriage ref breakdown by locality if I can at this rate?).

Being one of those people raised in a rural backdrop I kinda see it. But I was quite distant to the whole thing, so more than an outright antagonism you'd see pretty negative language occur unchallenged or treated as nothing major. Nobody came out in my class so it didn't get to flare up, but I could see that occuring if it had.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who?

I think it's Leo.

For his being shit to his son.

i am just saying

I will take your word for it.

That doesn’t make me disagree less, that just makes me care less. I wouldn’t expect her to say anything differently, really.

I don’t know if that makes sense, but regardless I’m choosing to believe the Estelle peeps that she was trying to be protective, because I’ve played one of these games for like eight hours.

*sigh* same.

I know, like I said above in this post I wouldn’t expect the game to- wait, did you think I was using the term Badstelle seriously? Or was the strike through not indicative of hyperbole? I might not have articulated properly.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who?

Leo. I call him Disgraceman because he just straight up says "you're a disgrace" to his son's face because he doesn't like the way he dresses. You know, right before he hesitates to save him from brigands and Elise has to take the initiative.

I am still astounded by how utterly repulsive the guy was in that paralogue.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pfft. Comparing Estelle to Leo is a crime.

I'm doing it as a joke based on one screenshot Sooks shared. C'mon.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm doing it as a joke based on one screenshot Sooks shared. C'mon.

I should've thrown an /s after that. I was just joking myself. 🙃

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who?

Leo.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Kinda. I'd argue shitty attitudes also can emerge in urban settings, even if it tends to persist longer in rural settings (Will I just show the marriage ref breakdown by locality if I can at this rate?).

Being one of those people raised in a rural backdrop I kinda see it. But I was quite distant to the whole thing, so more than an outright antagonism you'd see pretty negative language occur unchallenged or treated as nothing major. Nobody came out in my class so it didn't get to flare up, but I could see that occuring if it had.

While I do live in a city now, I’ve lived in less tolerant places but raised by a lesbian couple, so that’s more so where it comes from.

I didn’t mean what I said so seriously though, I think that’s the problem.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, Sooks doesnt like Estelle? Why?

I was exaggerating.

I don’t actually have an opinion on Estelle, really. I don’t think it’s until the other games that people really start liking her because of this development I’ve heard about. Right now she’s just eh.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm still gonna spend my entire playthrough comparing her to Disgraceman, you know that, right?

Sorry.