• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well! Wouldn't even be surprised if you've been at it longer than me. I've only been playing TF2 for 8 (and a half) years, and I have a measly 2122 hours clocked in. Rookie numbers, I tell ya.

...For those of you unfamiliar with the game, I'm not even being sarcastic. Those really are rookie numbers.

So Acacia what's your main?

Well, I've been playing since 2013... but I only have a little over 300 hours clocked.

I don't particularly have very long gaming sessions, admittedly.

Engineer, of course.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I've been playing since 2013... but I only have a little over 300 hours clocked.

...Well.

Now I feel kinda bad lol

I don't particularly have very long gaming sessions, admittedly.

Yeah, that's understandable. I play far more than I probably should.

TF2 is one of the biggest games of my life. For a good while it was the only game I even played. I quit it for what I thought was good after the Meet Your Match update, but then I returned after Jungle Inferno. Since then, I've been doing periodic returns. I'll just get the itch, play for anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months, then move to different games, and a few months later the cycle repeats.

Honestly, for as sad as the state of the game currently is, I'm happier with it now than I was at some other points of my play time. Either way, I love it to bits. I'd go as far as to call it an important part of my life. Yeah, a fucking game. My life is sad and pathetic, okay?

...Also, 14 year old me bought way too many hats. Like, seriously, looking back, I am so ashamed at the amount of cash I wasted on this game...

Engineer, of course.

Good ol' engi. The backbone of any good team. Teleporters are so awesome.

As for me, I'm a medic main, but... the kind of medic main who doesn't use the crossbow because he'd rather charge at the enemy and try to nab a kill when his patient dies. Not full-on battle medic, because that's silly, but... yeah. I somehow get the bloodlust harder as medic than any other class lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Also, 14 year old me bought way too many hats. Like, seriously, looking back, I am so ashamed at the amount of cash I wasted on this game...

I think I only bought like... a single key ever. Like, just finding the cheapest thing to buy in order to upgrade the account. XD

I still have unopened boxes from 2013. I don't think the keys exist anymore to open them. lol

Good ol' engi. The backbone of any good team. Teleporters are so awesome.

As for me, I'm a medic main, but... the kind of medic main who doesn't use the crossbow because he'd rather charge at the enemy and try to nab a kill when his patient dies. Not full-on battle medic, because that's silly, but... yeah. I somehow get the bloodlust harder as medic than any other class lol

Haha, yeah. I think one of my proudest achievements was helping set up a nest in the other team's Intel room in 2Fort. Didn't last long, but man, I had spent so long wanting to do something like that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RhvIXHj.png

Death Flag.png

I mean, we have 3 non ghosts in the party, they have to become ghosts sometime before YU, so...

yeah...

Hey, you never know. Maybe one or two don't appear because they had their own trip to the sky.

5HbtL14.png

huh

Why is Emilia with Cult-kun

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, you never know. Maybe one or two don't appear because they had their own trip to the sky.

''sky'' right

xD

Cue the yaoi fangirls in 3... 2... 1...

yeah i heard

Cult-kun x Glucose is a pretty big fujoshi ship or something lol

Just now, Shrimperor said:

5HbtL14.png

huh

Why is Emilia with Cult-kun

I'm pretty sure it's explained right there. If not, then later on. It's definitely explained.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah i heard

Cult-kun x Glucose is a pretty big fujoshi ship or something lol

This game helped to some degree, so...

I think I only bought like... a single key ever. Like, just finding the cheapest thing to buy in order to upgrade the account. XD

I wish I were as prudent as you. When I started playing TF2, I didn't comprehend the value of money.

I learned it through TF2. The hard way.

I still have unopened boxes from 2013. I don't think the keys exist anymore to open them. lol

Actually, those old crates are opened with just the regular key. It's more modern ones that need their own keys.

Haha, yeah. I think one of my proudest achievements was helping set up a nest in the other team's Intel room in 2Fort. Didn't last long, but man, I had spent so long wanting to do something like that.

Unforgettable TF2 moments. Like the time I went Bison Soldier and somehow inspired five other players to go Bison Soldier, and a medic to keep ubering me with the Kritzkrieg so I could get more frags with the joke weapon. It was so fun.

However, nothing beats the feeling when a scout or a pyro or... Really any class that isn't soldier or demoman catches sight of my vulnerable medic self and charges me thinking I'll be easy pickings. A few needles later, that's a very satisfied Ruben. Bonus points if they ragequit after getting bodied by the medic. It happens more often than you'd think.

...of course, I don't always win the scuffles, but hey. The important part is having fun. Missing crossbow bolts is not fun.

Unforgettable TF2 moments. Like the time I went Bison Soldier and somehow inspired five other players to go Bison Soldier, and a medic to keep ubering me with the Kritzkrieg so I could get more frags with the joke weapon. It was so fun.

However, nothing beats the feeling when a scout or a pyro or... Really any class that isn't soldier or demoman catches sight of my vulnerable medic self and charges me thinking I'll be easy pickings. A few needles later, that's a very satisfied Ruben. Bonus points if they ragequit after getting bodied by the medic. It happens more often than you'd think.

...of course, I don't always win the scuffles, but hey. The important part is having fun. Missing crossbow bolts is not fun.

Sadly I don't remember much, but I certainly still some of my most memorable sessions still on memory.

Like the Upward one. It's also my record case for my Sentry. It was like about 17 kills, don't remember the assists.

Though it may have been beaten in this other map, also a Payload one, where we avoided even having one Control Point being taken. Also kept the first Sentry all the way to the end. Which was close since at least one Spy managed to Sap it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

VD8YEqU.png

Ok, crack Theory time: Garlot is Gulcasa but memory sealed somehow for some reason

Take note she's going by Eimi, not Emilia.

That's not a coincidence with Garlot/Gulcasa.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

seriously tho, the maps in this game make it really hard for me to use Garlot

Not only is the early game filled with Axe unit (and Garlot is a Lance Lord), midgame is filled with Terrain maps (including Forests), which Garlot as Pony is weak on.

Game is not kind to him

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

seriously tho, the maps in this game make it really hard for me to use Garlot

Not only is the early game filled with Axe unit (and Garlot is a Lance Lord), midgame is filled with Terrain maps (including Forests), which Garlot as Pony is weak on.

Game is not kind to him

The real reason he went all conqueror in YU.

also his base Tec sucks. He still has 2 Tec, and stats boosters were deservedly nerfed in this game (now give 2 small stars instead +1 full stat), so i can't easily patch it up in this game.

Which means his initiation and skill use suck

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, 14 year old me bought way too many hats. Like, seriously, looking back, I am so ashamed at the amount of cash I wasted on this game...

You can always tell a TF2 player apart from the crowd with how much time they are willing to spend admiring hats. 

Gotta say, while i like some of the balances changes in Blaze Union, i am really not a fan of the maps in Blaze Union
way too much annoying terrain
coupled with a force deployed horse unit doesn't make for much fun imo