Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but I shoulda known that this'd happen.

Eh, it's fine. I hope you got some proper discussion out of it before it turned to shit, at least.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Maybe being called an idiot so that I stopped replying was a blessing in disguise.

Wait, somebody just straight up insulted you?

Holy shit, these people.

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:

Oh hey, I get to choose a second ability for Iver. This is actually a hard choice… they’re both good abilities.

Iver's good enough to make use of all of them, really.

Also, not just Iver - everyone gets a second ability at rank 6. So be sure get people there.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, not just Iver - everyone gets a second ability at rank 6. So be sure get people there.

Yeah I know. I saw Ludin’s gives him an attack that gives him 20% crit. I have an item that gives 20% crit, and he can get 15% from max upgrading the crit skill since his strength is maxed… 😎

And Clansmen forage us supplies now, they finally have a use! And a great one at that.

Edited by Teeheeooks

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, somebody just straight up insulted you?

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wait, someone called you an idiot?

Well, not directly. I may be reading into it too much, but...

The funny part is that he missed the entire point of my post.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, it's fine. I hope you got some proper discussion out of it before it turned to shit, at least.

...Not really, just circular arguments that didn't go anywhere, since I don't think anyone really understood my point. I think. Things were maybe close to progressing, but then I started flying off the handle at the bloke who wasn't being kind, so I decided not to post that reply.

Alright more choices!

Spoiler

One of the ships was sinking, presumably because I didn’t handle the riot at the docks at the place I forgot the name of. I chose to dump some supplies on another ship so the guys on that ship would be guaranteed room, and while we lost 20 supplies, I have way more then that, so it was a-okay. Lives > supplies, I learned that the hard way… Gunnulf.

*ahem* and now someone’s fishing net has a furry or hairy mass. I have no clue why that’s so concerning, so I’ll let him haul it out and see what it is.

Edit: It was a dead bear cub that declined morale. Oh well.

Edit 2: I had to choose what to do about the children on the ships acting up, and I told the parents to keep their kids close and keep an eye on them because we are basically in a global war.

Edited by Teeheeooks

9 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Yeah I know. I saw Ludin’s gives him an attack that gives him 20% crit. I have an item that gives 20% crit, and he can get 15% from max upgrading the crit skill since his strength is maxed… 😎

To be honest, I don't find that skill to be that great. It's just a plain attack with increased crit, which is... bleh. I guess it'd be great against low armor enemies, but then again, so are archers with Puncture, or willpowered attacks. Impale is a lot more useful and reliable in far more situations.

9 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

And Clansmen forage us supplies now, they finally have a use! And a great one at that.

Oh yeah, that's lovely.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, not directly. I may be reading into it too much, but...

The funny part is that he missed the entire point of my post.

Nice.

What a shitshow, holy shit...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Not really, just circular arguments that didn't go anywhere, since I don't think anyone really understood my point. I think. Things were maybe close to progressing, but then I started flying off the handle at the bloke who wasn't being kind, so I decided not to post that reply.

Good call. I've had moments like those. When you realize your own post's tone is too incensed, it's best to let it go.

I stole a statue from a dredge and it turned out to be quite a good item. But then I spent a bunch of time searching a village for anyone in trouble because a barn was on fire, and I was rewarded by finding nothing while bandits stole supplies from our ships.

It really is truly sad that you cant share an opinion without being flipped out at. That's why I mostly stick around here and the fan projects thread (mostly to help others with modding) 

Ah…. Ah…….

Spoiler

I chose to have Griss advance on the dredge after our ships pulled away from the water because he was poised to do, the ravens were busy with supplies and raining arrows on the battlefield seemed like a sure fire way to get someone killed. The game had also just said the ships were too far apart for an organized landing, so an organized charge probably wouldn’t have worked out too well, not to mention the fact they probably outnumbered us.

And uh, Griss died.

Death counter: 4.

...All right, Darkroot Gardens appear to be blocked off.

EDIT: Oh goodness, a fog door...

EDIT2: BRUH

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Ah…. Ah…….

Reveal hidden contents

I chose to have Griss advance on the dredge after our ships pulled away from the water because he was poised to do, the ravens were busy with supplies and raining arrows on the battlefield seemed like a sure fire way to get someone killed. The game had also just said the ships were too far apart for an organized landing, so an organized charge probably wouldn’t have worked out too well, not to mention the fact they probably outnumbered us.

And uh, Griss died.

If Sooks was still here with us I would make some joke about him being a fan of Ulysses S. Grant’s military tactics.

Edited by WraithReborn

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-05-at-12-06-09-PM.pn

Enjoy your sleep/nap!

You know what? I should.

(This legit descended into a full on bitchfit of a rant, apologies to everyone.)

Spoiler

Thing is, I'm also stressing about shit, though aside from the existential shitpile that exists and all the things I need to sort out myself I have the stresses of others on my mind as well. As well as being asked to do things for them quite a bunch too.

It's a bit wearying thinking something is going to go wrong because you're expecting someone else to break over a situation that's a little rougher than they would be used to after not really doing it since before the pandemic and also not getting away from the place even to go for a walk (I had to turn around from the first one I could take without worrying about something for weeks because I was expected back for other things.)

*sigh, Everybody's got their shit. Especially when I am not exactly the most grin and bear it about it as it stands, no way I consider it heroic. I definitely am agitated about it as well. Not being helped by an expectation from them of "This is what we're doing, no questions" which is pretty absurd with some of it let me tell you.

And then there's their own attitudes at me, where at this point it degenerates into teeny-sounding shit and if earlier was bad enough this takes it too far. But even I realise there's some things that don't need airing.

11 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

If Sooks was still here with us I would make some joke about him being a fan of Ulysses S. Grant’s military tactics.

(Even I'm here considering it's a bit much. Then again I haven't been reading the Banner Saga spoilers)

37 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I stole a statue from a dredge and it turned out to be quite a good item. But then I spent a bunch of time searching a village for anyone in trouble because a barn was on fire, and I was rewarded by finding nothing while bandits stole supplies from our ships.

Well, you win some, you lose some.

29 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

Ah…. Ah…….

Hide contents

And uh, Griss died.

Ouch.

Spoiler

Both times I had Oddleif pick off dredge. This actually places her on the map, atop a big rock, automatically firing off rains of arrows near enemy dredge.

Good to know Griss dies if you have him charge. In my first run I completely ignored the man and then lost him anticlimatically in the third game. In this run though? In this run he's been a goddamned hero.

Spoiler

So I just finished the part where we cross the canyon thing. To sum it up, I threw away like all of our supplies. All of it. I won both battles, but used supply barrels to shield us in the first one, and then I had to throw some over the floating cliffs we were crossing so Eyvind and other people wouldn’t die. I went from 20 something days worth of supplies to 9 days worth. People still died though, I don’t remember my other choices. I think I had varl carry weaker people and yelled at them to look forward and keep moving. Then I went into a house where a child was and tried to save them, but their hair was Alette’s color so Rook screamed her name and we didn’t save the kid. Nice.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you win some, you lose some.

Ouch.

Reveal hidden contents

Both times I had Oddleif pick off dredge. This actually places her on the map, atop a big rock, automatically firing off rains of arrows near enemy dredge.

Good to know Griss dies if you have him charge. In my first run I completely ignored the man and then lost him anticlimatically in the third game. In this run though? In this run he's been a goddamned hero.

He was my best unit after you know who died on Hakon’s side.

Raining arrows over the battlefield should get someone killed though.

Edit: Actually, he was second to Ludin on Hakon’s side, how could I forget?

Edited by Teeheeooks

8 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

(Even I'm here considering it's a bit much. Then again I haven't been reading the Banner Saga spoilers)

Good, because you should play the games yourself.

26 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:
  Hide contents

So I just finished the part where we cross the canyon thing. To sum it up, I threw away like all of our supplies. All of it. I won both battles, but used supply barrels to shield us in the first one, and then I had to throw some over the floating cliffs we were crossing so Eyvind and other people wouldn’t die. I went from 20 something days worth of supplies to 9 days worth. People still died though, I don’t remember my other choices. I think I had varl carry weaker people and yelled at them to look forward and keep moving. Then I went into a house where a child was and tried to save them, but their hair was Alette’s color so Rook screamed her name and we didn’t save the kid. Nice.

Spoiler

Well... Could've gone worse.

26 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

He was my best unit after you know who died on Hakon’s side.

Raining arrows over the battlefield should get someone killed though.

Edit: Actually, he was second to Ludin on Hakon’s side, how could I forget?

Brave warrior. May he rest in peace.