Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But, each prefecture can set their own age of consent and in most prefectures, it's 18.

Oh. Well that's much better! And Kaguya just turned 18 shortly before the start of the first EF FYI.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, power of friendship then.

Honestly I'm not sure why the "Persona Game" works. Apparently, Tatsuya in Eternal Punishment played it with just his older brother years ago and it worked, the two have an ordinary at best relationship for much of the game. And the thing is, this works in Persona 1 as much as it does in 2. Which means it can't be the Power of Rumors Becoming Reality at play, since that isn't the case in Mikage-cho like it is in Sumaru City. -Unless they retconned rumors being at work, but unnoticed in Persona 1; they had already retconned the big villain of P1 into a pawn of the P2 villain.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, remember it was still the days when video games assigned only so much bits for HP values. The absolute max was 65535, and games kept to 65K for the most part. SRW was no different. It was OG1 the first to break this pattern, having bosses with more than 65K HP for the first time ever in SRW.

*Remembers just playing FFIX and seeing the maximum HP value was exactly that when I looked up the bosses, which seemed low*

That explains things. Bosses no longer needed to be gutsy anymore in SRW.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In return we got the awesome Woodan Ymir and Sänger Sombolt teamup, heh.

If someone says "pick Moon Cradle, not Earth", they are objectively wrong. -Unless they very badly want to see a Gespenst Kick, then I forgive them.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Remembers just playing FFIX and seeing the maximum HP value was exactly that when I looked up the bosses, which seemed low*

That explains things. Bosses no longer needed to be gutsy anymore in SRW.

If someone says "pick Moon Cradle, not Earth", they are objectively wrong. -Unless they very badly want to see a Gespenst Kick, then I forgive them.

Haha, true. ... so true...

*Remembers bosses like Euzzeth and Shu using Guts like 3-4 times*

Not that it has completely stopped.

*Remembers in SRW D how Lord Gepelnitch with his 150K HP and still having a full HP refill when reaching down to half; or the final boss Perfectio having a 200K HP bar you need to deplete twice since he simply respawns after his first defeat as if nothing happened*

lol true. The Earth Craddle events are just so good.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

young Shrimpy:

tenor.gif?itemid=14026454

Never played that one, but the boss theme is iconic.

Plus, I did have my own experience with it, even if it wasn't quite the same one. I dunno if I've mentioned it here before, but my early childhood was Mario fangames. My mother would download games for me, and I guess until she figured out emulation, she just got fangames from wherever. Toddler me couldn't tell the difference, so I had fun with them all the same. Ah, memories.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

IMG_20210609_112046.jpg

IMG_20210609_112048.jpg

IMG_20210609_112050.jpg

Firis is based actually.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Kaguya just turned 18 shortly before the start of the first EF FYI.

Yeah, this is why anime ages are bullshit lol.

I would've said she's in her 20s honestly.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

852199149570883604.png?v=1

Just now, Shrimperor said:

CEASE!

Wdym, that song is based /s

There's only one true Yoshi game, and that is Yoshi's Island. All others are fakes or something. Or maybe fiction

Isn't DS considered decent?

Did you play Mario 63?

You bet I did. Though my fondest memory of that one is actually super recent: I played it all the way to 100% just last year, on my school computer during boring classes. With the end of the year and Flash's death looming over me, I managed to finish it the very last day and play the bonus stage. It was hilarious. And hey, I genuinely believe it holds up. Shame about Flash, but there are always ways.

How the fuck did we go from 

to the song posted above by sooks?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't DS considered decent?

it was ok, but eh, not good enough as a sequel to Yoshi's Island

The baby switch was a cool idea, but bleh execution. Bosses iirc were meh, and the Music was shit.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I played it all the way to 100% just last year

oh wow. I was never able to 100% it myself hehe

That Boswer castle level tho. Very based and very hard.

I think i last played it like 8 years ago or something, but i do watch clips of it from time to time xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey, I genuinely believe it holds up

Still better than, like, 80% of the 2D marios out there

Edited by Shrimperor

Oh wow, the title screen of Banner Saga 3 is even more depressing than the second game’s.

Spoiler

Eyvind looks like he’s aged 30 years to boot.

Edited by Sooks

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F You know, I do think his armor looks better when it's purple.

Anyway, there. Now it's ruined forever.

Thankfully whatever heresy you posted didn’t download properly for me and therefore I can’t see it.

Edited by WraithReborn

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh wow. I was never able to 100% it myself hehe

Giving bored young adults access to computers and the internet during class will do that. I played a shitton of flash games and light fangames that I could carry on my flashdrive. It was like a return to my youth.

Still better than, like, 80% of the 2D marios out there

Not sure if I'd go that far, but it's really, really good, I agree.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh wow, the title screen of Banner Saga 3 is even more depressing than the second game’s.

One of my favorite little details of the trilogy is how the title screens share the same leitmotif, but the melody gets progressively more ominous as the games go on.

Hide contents

Eyvind looks like he’s aged 30 years to boot.

Spoiler

I mean, he did just go through this:

Lifting a few rocks already did a number on him, imagine bringing down a whole bunch of 'em by shooting lightining into the sky!

I think that's the third time I've posted that, I'm sorry I just love that cinematic

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Thankfully whatever heresy you posted didn’t download properly for me and therefore I can’t see it.

Here it is in link form, maybe you can see this properly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I've played like 5 levels of Yoshi's Island at best. There is ...something that holds me back from playing it more. I think I played more Yoshi's Story as a child.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not that it has completely stopped.

*Remembers in SRW D how Lord Gepelnitch with his 150K HP and still having a full HP refill when reaching down to half; or the final boss Perfectio having a 200K HP bar you need to deplete twice since he simply respawns after his first defeat as if nothing happened*

😰

I take it Perfectio is that powerful?

When I was reading the comments on a video for the Moon Dwellers version of Haken's theme, someone wanted the rest of the EF OCs to come to OG proper. And someone else commented that there were like two Cross Gates left where that could happen, and one of them is being used to seal Perfectio, so they thought opening that one again would be an absolute no. Having to seal a final boss instead of destroying it in itself is saying something when you have like 60 elite mecha on hand.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Nope, still can’t see it! Apparently you’re trying to send me links that are unprotected to steal my financial data.

...What? That's not true at all. Is anyone else seeing this?

...Are you messing with me, Wraith?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Nice start right where I left Rook’s caravan.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of my favorite little details of the trilogy is how the title screens share the same leitmotif, but the melody gets progressively more ominous as the games go on.

I don’t remember any of the title screen music…

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, he did just go through this:

Lifting a few rocks already did a number on him, imagine bringing down a whole bunch of 'em by shooting lightining into the sky!

I think that's the third time I've posted that, I'm sorry I just love that cinematic

“Alternate Ending (Bad)”? Doesn’t sound like a minor effect.

And it’s okay, if you posted that before I never saw it because you spoiler tagged it, I’m guessing.

Edited by Sooks