• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, there it is. The "I won't turn on the Varia Suit until Adam authorizes it, despite it serving no danger to any of the troops here and also I'm burning to death" moment. Everyone's favorite Metroid moment.

Theres much worse than that from what I remember hearing. I could of course be wrong.

Killed the volcano monster thing and now making my way through Cryosphere. Gonna stop here cause I wanna eat lunch.

Uh oh guys, I'm actually kinda liking Other M so far.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Theres much worse than that from what I remember hearing. I could of course be wrong.

So far, all of the "Adam has to authorize this" has made perfect sense within the context of the story. The one exception is the Varia Suit but everything else has a reasonably context behind it.

The Japanese explanation "Samus does this out of spite" is better but oh well.

And then Arete got one-rounded by Kenshi with his brave lance, and that's the end of this session.

Man, how many chapters did I play in, what, 3 hours? People told me this was a slog, and yet, I've done like 4 maps in the time it took me to do 2 in the Tellius games. Good story, what's that? I need no good stories, I got generics!

Speaking of good stories, Arete died after exchanging some heartfelt dialogue with her daughter. I still have no idea what her purpose in this story was supposed to be. I wonder what villain they'll pull out of their asses after this. I sure hope it's not friggin' Mikoto, of all people. But that would hardly make any sense, would it?

...Yes, before you say it, I know what the next map is, and I also know that it is quite infamous. We'll see in due time. Now is not due time, though, now it's dinner time.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So like, Xenoblade 3 is an inevitability but i'll believe it when i see it.

As for what the full article says, well, it is major spoilers

Spoiler

It's suggesting that Melia would appear in this "Xenoblade 2 sequel" which isn't possible considering that Xenoblade 1 and 2, while connected, take place in different universe. Although i suppose it doesn't rule out dimensional travel.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I feel like Revelation's gimmicks make it more interesting to play than Birthright though.

I see your point. Gimmicks were fewer in BR, both DV and not, but Rev handled its gimmicks poorly, so rather none/barely over badly. -But that's just me.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Proceeds to have a pack of Metroids latch on to every part of your body.*😛

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What? The entire no upgrades explanation was changed in the localization? Sassy Samus still sounds stupid on the Varia Suit, but otherwise hardcore.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Agreed. I never trust rumors. And I want X2 first, I need it NOW!

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And so on, basically, haha!
This is only an idea for now, and I have yet to come up with stuff for everyone else, but I will, when you guys give me the okay! ^^
'cuz I imagine this might be a fun run to do!

Are you going to make yourself Neptunemon?

ddc3ecf6461ea2159f0b8a91a5cc5d06aa016979_hq.jpg

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It seems to me like they're riding the coattails of Jenna Coleman "leaking" a new game, which she's probably just mistaken about.

We've come so far in the past year; we've gone from "Jenna Coleman will never return to Xenoblade" to her "leaking" new games!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of my wisdom teeth will require surgery to be removed. Allegedly, they'd rather you shaved in order to prevent the beard from being a source of infection, as well as interfering with some of the equipment.

Oh, well. It's all right. I suppose it won't kill me to have a change of look after so long. Who knows, maybe after that it will grow better and my stache will actually reach my beard.

Yeah, from experience you do have to be careful about beards possibly being a bacterial hazard, so I get it.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am seriously considering going on the unpopular opinion thread after I'm done with this game, say "Revelation good" and see how many minds implode.

See, I wonder how you'd feel about it in Lunatic now after you went to immediately drop the difficulty.

(Tangentially, have you cleared CQ Lunatic?)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So I assume you find the gameplay solid?

I know that had more of a mixed reception than the story from what little I know.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So there's localisation drama too?

Oh boy Other M sounds like a fire.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, got a chuckle at this:

218102126_2628481367448301_4980927771264582230_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=gWkt5eaTgikAX8L0S3x&_nc_ht=scontent.ftij5-1.fna&oh=d2ef5e3d82224746ead3af5c1f184ae7&oe=6138E118

I need a translation of the first sentence.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, how many chapters did I play in, what, 3 hours? People told me this was a slog, and yet, I've done like 4 maps in the time it took me to do 2 in the Tellius games. Good story, what's that? I need no good stories, I got generics!

I dunno, I found it tedious my first time and I was playing Normal.

As you can tell, my concept of tedious can be kinda fucked because I actually tolerated RD's tedium for longer.And I played Rev before it or SoV, another prime candidate of tedium.

So yesterday someone actually made fan art of Barzelhen (aka Bald Wario) from HSoS.

Spoiler

It's beautiful.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What? The entire no upgrades explanation was changed in the localization? Sassy Samus still sounds stupid on the Varia Suit, but otherwise hardcore.

I've timestamped it to the part where it talks about Samus' characterization in the original script but the tl;dr is that she's much more assertive in the original and Adam is less imposing on his authority over her.

What's really interesting here though is the infamous "Ridley PTSD" scene. Cause in the original script, it's meant to be more of a visual metaphor but the changes in the localization made it, well, come across as PTSD.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It seems to me like they're riding the coattails of Jenna Coleman "leaking" a new game, which she's probably just mistaken about.

Yeah like, even if Xenoblade 3 gets announced this year, i don't think this is it.

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So I assume you find the gameplay solid?

Yeah, it's pretty fun. You can preform fatalities on enemies in this game so i refuse to believe the game is bad haha.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So there's localisation drama too?

Well it's not really drama cause nobody really talked about it.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I need a translation of the first sentence.

"Look at him enjoying every game. Like an animal!"

Well that second part is really more of a Spanish expression so it doesn't sound as well in English.

And then for the bottom sentence: "unlike Mr. Prime".

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well that second part is really more of a Spanish expression so it doesn't sound as well in English.

I kinda figured it was Like an animal!

17 minutes ago, Spara said:

So yesterday someone actually made fan art of Barzelhen (aka Bald Wario) from HSoS.

Reveal hidden contents

It's beautiful.

Not gonna lie, it looks like Moneyman in his prime to me.

It is still beautiful.

Edited by Dayni

19 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hide contents

It's beautiful.

Ahahahahahahahahah

Amazing. I love it. 10/10 the only thing more beautiful I've seen is T-posing Garon.

49 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, from experience you do have to be careful about beards possibly being a bacterial hazard, so I get it.

If nothing else my family will be forever grateful to the dentist for forcing me to do away with the beard.

See, I wonder how you'd feel about it in Lunatic now after you went to immediately drop the difficulty.

Well, maybe one day I'll find out, but for now I'd rather enjoy my life, thanks.

(Tangentially, have you cleared CQ Lunatic?)

Nope. I don't think my heart is ready yet. I already suffer enough with Takumi's Fun Castle, imagine Takumi's Fun Castle but the enemies are even scarier. I don't think I can.

I dunno, I found it tedious my first time and I was playing Normal.

As you can tell, my concept of tedious can be kinda fucked because I actually tolerated RD's tedium for longer.And I played Rev before it or SoV, another prime candidate of tedium.

It's all right, nobody will judge you. I mean, I'm in no position to judge anyone when I'm enjoying Revelation lol.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Not gonna lie, it looks like Moneyman in his prime to me.

It is still beautiful.

YOU! Guess what?

Money is important! If you don't have it, my love for you will rust and we can't have secks without love!

Sorry

2 hours ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

It's suggesting that Melia would appear in this "Xenoblade 2 sequel" which isn't possible considering that Xenoblade 1 and 2, while connected, take place in different universe. Although i suppose it doesn't rule out dimensional travel.

well, the 'hint' came from Melia's va

Maybe she's just playing someone else however

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YOU! Guess what?

Money is important! If you don't have it, my love for you will rust and we can't have sacks without love!

Sorry

FIFY

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ofc I say that as one of the very few that have actually played the series here, haha!

EDIT: IGNORE ME I WAS WRONG

Edited by Dayni

Just now, lightcosmo said:

?

I responded saying I'd played a bit of Xenogears, forgetting you were on about Xenosaga.