Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, last puzzle and then I'm calling it a night. Man, though, this is so much fun. Why did I find these games boring when I was a kid?

Tastes can change over time. And a pure puzzle game like Layton is definitely something I can see a kid not being into but an adult being like "yeah this is cool". Perfect way to wind down after a long day.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy lost the ironman. That is the only detail anyone needs to know.

Felicia would've landed that 97% if it were me playing.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I lied. I solved another puzzle before I called it quits because my brain was starting to shut down from exhaustion. I was not expecting this to be the kind of game where I'd find myself going "one more X," but such is life. It's been a while since I last had my outlook on a game change this dramatically from childhood to adulthood. I'm all over this shit right now lol. Plus liking the big brain game makes me look smart in the eyes of others, which is good for my ego.

Just now, Armagon said:

Tastes can change over time.

Quite true.

Just now, Armagon said:

And a pure puzzle game like Layton is definitely something I can see a kid not being into but an adult being like "yeah this is cool". Perfect way to wind down after a long day.

Yeah, that's a good assessment. It's a comfy game, that much is certain. The kind you'd play with a blanket on and a nice cup of hot tea on the table. Y'know, if you weren't afraid to pour the tea all over the keyboard of your totally legit Nintendo Dual Screen.

...Well, until the picarats start going down, making me feel like a dumbo, and the hoarder mindset sets in and makes me hesitate to spend my hint coins. I'm committed to the ironman, though. I want to see how many picarats I can accumulate by the end. We can call it the "how dumb is Ruben" gauge.

Just now, Armagon said:

Felicia would've landed that 97% if it were me playing.

It was a 99.

A fucking 99.

Damn you Felicia.

This is why I prefer Jakob.

TIL that in Until Dawn during chapter 2, if Sam mocks Chris in regards to his relationship with Ashley to Josh he responds with

Spoiler

“Which, knowing Chris, he wouldn’t [make a move on Ashley] unless someone’s holding a gun to his head.”

This game. This game.

This also serves as a hint for what choice to make when that foreshadowing does come true.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TIL that in Until Dawn during chapter 2, if Sam mocks Chris in regards to his relationship with Ashley to Josh he responds with

Hide contents

“Which, knowing Chris, he wouldn’t [make a move on Ashley] unless someone’s holding a gun to his head.”

This game. This game.

This also serves as a hint for what choice to make when that foreshadowing does come true.

Spoiler

This is what I believe to be the reason why Josh, in his prank, focused so hard on Chris and Ashley even though Chris was his best friend and didn't participate in the prank that resulted in his sisters' death.

I mean, think about it. Matt, Emily, Mike and Jess were the ones behind it and he just sent them off to other locations while he tormented his own best friend who had nothing to do with it. He didn't seem to know about the wendigo, so it's not like he wanted them outright dead. Seemed more like he just wanted them out of the way.

In my opinion, in his own twisted way, Josh was trying to "help" Chris. Put him and Ashley in the worst possible situations to force them to confess to each other out of desperation. Of course, it potentially ends up backfiring horribly, but I believe Josh had good intentions. Just, well, there was the little snag that he suffered from some severe mental issues that clouded his judgment.

...of course, there's one big hole in this theory, that being Sam. He pesters Sam almost as much as Chris for virtually no reason. What's up with that?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

This is what I believe to be the reason why Josh, in his prank, focused so hard on Chris and Ashley even though Chris was his best friend and didn't participate in the prank that resulted in his sisters' death.

I mean, think about it. Matt, Emily, Mike and Jess were the ones behind it and he just sent them off to other locations while he tormented his own best friend who had nothing to do with it. He didn't seem to know about the wendigo, so it's not like he wanted them outright dead. Seemed more like he just wanted them out of the way.

In my opinion, in his own twisted way, Josh was trying to "help" Chris. Put him and Ashley in the worst possible situations to force them to confess to each other out of desperation. Of course, it potentially ends up backfiring horribly, but I believe Josh had good intentions. Just, well, there was the little snag that he suffered from some severe mental issues that clouded his judgment.

...of course, there's one big hole in this theory, that being Sam. He pesters Sam almost as much as Chris for virtually no reason. What's up with that?

Spoiler

I've seen plenty of people think it's because he has a crush on her.

One thing i gotta say i really like in this game is how Mounted units work

The mount itself is treated as it's own units with it's own stats, and so is the rider. You can choose to deploy only one, or both if you want.

When the rider mounts the mount, their higher stats is the one that will get used, and their HP added to each other.

For example, here's my Elephant Priestess

MPC6djM.pngvnmtKfU.png

She only has like 20 Physical Atk while dismounted, however mounted she get's Elephant's physical attack and more importantly, defence. And Elefant has a good Magic list he can now use thanks to the Priestess High Magic and MP stat.

Priestess also gets a whopping 236 extra HP from Elephant, which is more than double her own xD

Also an extra MoV since Elephant got a +1 MoV skill

Priestess herself can also charm wild animals and ride them

Unbenannt.PNG

And helps alot since they have hard mode bonuses. But not every map has wild animals or monsters i can charm...

It's an interesting system for sure, one i quite like

Edited by Shrimperor

Ys 8 on sale on the eShop for $20 (although the sale ends tonight). I do have one free slot in the rotation. Hmmm.

Considering i'd probably use low settings if i played it on PC, it wouldn't make much of a difference, would it. Hmmm.

But do i want to be playing three JRPGs at once? Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

This is one hella weird map

What's the gauges at the bottom for?

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One thing i gotta say i really like in this game is how Mounted units work

The mount itself is treated as it's own units with it's own stats, and so is the rider. You can choose to deploy only one, or both if you want.

When the rider mounts the mount, their higher stats is the one that will get used, and their HP added to each other.

For example, here's my Elephant Priestess

MPC6djM.pngvnmtKfU.png

She only has like 20 Physical Atk while dismounted, however mounted she get's Elephant's physical attack and more importantly, defence. And Elefant has a good Magic list he can now use thanks to the Priestess High Magic and MP stat.

Priestess also gets a whopping 236 extra HP from Elephant, which is more than double her own xD

Also an extra MoV since Elephant got a +1 MoV skill

Priestess herself can also charm wild animals and ride them

Unbenannt.PNG

And helps alot since they have hard mode bonuses. But not every map has wild animals or monsters i can charm...

It's an interesting system for sure, one i quite like

This sounds like a better version of Berwick's mount system, and more thought out too.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's the gauges at the bottom for?

Lord-kun and Lord-chan can transform when their respective gauge is full. Boosted stats and skills for 2 turns, but then 1 turn with super high fatigue (like 80% stat reduction. Including mov)

Usually use it to finish off hard bosses

This sounds like a better version of Berwick's mount system

Yeah kinda feels like an evolution of it.

The games are really different to compare them like that tho

Edited by Shrimperor

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ys 8 on sale on the eShop for $20 (although the sale ends tonight). I do have one free slot in the rotation. Hmmm.

When a game you want is on sale, never hesitate! Xd

Actually since i was able to work out a sort of layaway deal to buy my friend's PS4, i'll hold off on Ys 8 for now, knowing i can get it for cheaper (PS4 games actually have price drops) and on a better system.

Anyways, this is a strat i could've done way earlier in PxZ2 but it never occured to me before. But

Screenshot_5700.png?width=368&height=432

Before the attack buff

Screenshot_5705.png?width=361&height=432

After the attack buff has been applied 3(4?) times thanks to SP restore items

Screenshot_5706.png?width=365&height=432

Screenshot_5707.png

Screenshot_5710.png

ORKO'ing bosses at full health.

And i did this with Juri earlier but this will never not be funny.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The games are really different to compare them like that tho

Tiara doesn't seem to have much focus on the actual map design from what i've noticed. Just going off the screenshots you posted, it's all very flat terrains with occasional bumps.

But this isn't a criticism, i'm currently playing an SRPG that does the same thing.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

When a game you want is on sale, never hesitate! Xd

Nah, i weigh the pros and cons, as well as how soon am i likely to play the game.

Just now, Armagon said:

Tiara doesn't seem to have much focus on the actual map design from what i've noticed. Just going off the screenshots you posted, it's all very flat terrains with occasional bumps.

But this isn't a criticism, i'm currently playing an SRPG that does the same thing

ye it's more the RPG in the SRPG than the S.

More thought is put into enemy skill kits and stuff.

There're like 2 Maps where it's more S, but mostly it's more RPG.

Anyways, the chapter's done. Here's a brief summery of the events.

Screenshot_5673.png

Screenshot_5674.png

Screenshot_5675.png

Screenshot_5676.png

Screenshot_5677.png

Screenshot_5680.png

Screenshot_5712.png

And that last part is a reference to this (which is also referenced in one of Erica's attacks).

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

More thought is put into enemy skill kits and stuff.

That and the bonus conditions, to the point where you actually reset a map to get it.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fill that slot up with Another Eden?

I actually am curious on Another Eden a bit. I know it's a mobile game but, at least from what you've posted, it's much closer to a normal game than like, a gacha, right?

I've played a few RPG mobile games so i think i'd be up for one if i just want to kill time (though given that nature, i wouldn't put it on the rotation).

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I actually am curious on Another Eden a bit. I know it's a mobile game but, at least from what you've posted, it's much closer to a normal game than like, a gacha, right?

I've played a few RPG mobile games so i think i'd be up for one if i just want to kill time (though given that nature, i wouldn't put it on the rotation).

Certainly. It plays more like a regular RPG, despite having a gacha system, yes. I'd compare it to XC2, but I don't know how much accurate it'd be to that.

It also has a Steam port, but I'd say it's better to play on phone. Since you can get at least the full daily log-in bonuses. And no Japanese voices on Steam either.