• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Almost as bad as the Johto games (though I can admit HGSS did improve and add so much).

Which part, the level curve or the damn water? 

That single handedly crushes R/S/E for me. I hope you like water pokemon!

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That looks more like he's holding a very long spear.

Are you overcompensating for something Dayni if you need something that long to bonk?

On the one hand, the spear comment is understandable, I wanted to just make the idea about the stick being very long. As for overcompensating, no, not really. And I would respond further if I felt it worthwhile.

Ah, I remember getting lost in the water portion of Hoenn. No matter looking up the Pokénav's Map, I still spend time lost trying to reach Mossdeep, Sootopolis, Siempre Large, the Seafloor Cavern... good times.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I remember getting lost in the water portion of Hoenn. No matter looking up the Pokénav's Map, I still spend time lost trying to reach Mossdeep, Sootopolis, Siempre Large, the Seafloor Cavern... good times.

This is why its so terrible! And Pelipper... Oh god do you get sick of seeing that thing! 

Maybe as an impatient impulsive kid if I ever did... but nowadays? Nah...

It's like, "Do I bother spending a couple seconds pressing Run, or just bring up the Repels outright."

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe as an impatient impulsive kid if I ever did... but nowadays? Nah...

It's like, "Do I bother spending a couple seconds pressing Run, or just bring up the Repels outright."

Thats totally fair. But I enjoy seeing some diversity among the wild pokemon. Not to mention its not worth a good amount of EXP to boot.

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The remake’s version is better.

I like how it's the same girl in both videos. The internet is so single-minded...

46 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Play a better mainline Pokémon game.

A fair suggestion, but I'd rather play games that are actually... y'know.

Good.

...Pffft okay no, Pokemon games are probably fine, but in all seriousness, it's the same problem as Trails. I really don't enjoy conventional RPGs, and while it does have the whole "gotta catch 'em all" mechanic, Pokemon is otherwise very by-the-numbers. Soooo yeah. I'd get bored before long. In fact, I have gotten bored before long. I tried replaying Emerald once, it didn't last. My friends also tried to get me to play Leaf Green. I only made it to Giovanni before I couldn't stand it anymore.

46 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

And finish the either Red or Blue Rescue Team, and one of Explorers of Time/Space/Sky games. Genuinely touching games.

I'm told Conquest is pretty good.

40 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

Emerald. I played the entire game with my starter Gecko until I got to the league, which was impossible. So I took a detour, captured Rayquaza (pretty sure I butchered that name) and beat the league with it.

I also remember really really wanting the version exclusive mons, since I thought they looked pretty when other trainers used them. After a nasty incident with cheats that led to a bad egg and a bit of fright, I found some ROM editor online so I could hack the version exclusive mons into the wilderness. I was like 8, I didn't even know English at the time, I have no idea how I pulled that off. Then I proceeded to never use them and stick with my Gecko forever. Fun times.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Emerald. I played the entire game with my starter Gecko until I got to the league, which was impossible. So I took a detour, captured Rayquaza (pretty sure I butchered that name) and beat the league with it.

Treeko was just simplified, lmao.

Also you got the name right on.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Treeko was just simplified, lmao.

Also you got the name right on.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I just love the fact that I nailed the weird-ass name for the legendary but failed miserably at naming the starter that got me through the entire game up to the league.

Good job, me.

I still remember the first time I played Sapphire. Looking at Grovyle I thought the evolution line would somehow learn Fly naturally. Also I never made it past Mauwille since I didn't found the Rock Smash HM. It was back when I didn't had the habit of talking to every NPC in video games. I ended up buying the Prima Strategy Guide too at some point, haha.

-

Looking over videos of people beating AE bosses makes me realize I really neglected focusing on leveling up the characters used in those videos, despite how easy it should've been to do it. Ah well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I said otherwise earlier but imma stick with 13 Sentinels' English VA.

But whoever wrote the localized script is definitely a weeb since they still use the Japanese honorifics in English.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I just love the fact that I nailed the weird-ass name for the legendary but failed miserably at naming the starter that got me through the entire game up to the league.

Good job, me.

Well, if you dont take a particular interest in Pokemon, thats pretty impressive you remember some things! 

R.I.P Treeko though.

Okay, I've decided. I'll go through Arlington first. Going around only really has the Red Racer Factory, now that I am done with (almost all) of the Grayditch stuff, so Operation Anchorage will fill like a nice balance winded down "minor" thing to do on the way back to Megaton.

It never gets hold that Fates has cavaliers, paladins and dark knights lose their armor and their horse loses their armor when the unit gets to low HP. It looks so funny, why did they think that was at all necessary or a good idea?

Screenshot_5932.png?width=745&height=432

August was a good month. It's by far the month with the most games i've logged this year.

And it ended how it began: with me 100%'ing a game.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I've decided. I'll go through Arlington first. Going around only really has the Red Racer Factory, now that I am done with (almost all) of the Grayditch stuff, so Operation Anchorage will fill like a nice balance winded down "minor" thing to do on the way back to Megaton.

I keep reading this as Megatron and i have to do a double check.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It never gets hold that Fates has cavaliers, paladins and dark knights lose their armor and their horse loses their armor when the unit gets to low HP. It looks so funny, why did they think that was at all necessary or a good idea?

Because haha their clothes got torn.

Although it happens to the men too so at least they said gender equality.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun tip, the more HP a unit has, the harder it is to strip them of their armor/clothes.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for Lunatic endgame

Best of luck to you.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, if you dont take a particular interest in Pokemon, thats pretty impressive you remember some things! 

R.I.P Treeko though.

Well, I did enjoy Emerald at the time. I never was able to again, but hey. For what it's worth...

And yeah, F for Treeko. Guy (or was it gal? Who knows) was a real trooper. The only real trooper, in fact.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Gear damaging is a great idea on paper. Makes the combat feel more authentic than in like, the GBA days when everyone just stoos upright while getting skewered. It's just Fates went a bit too over the top with it in a few places. Knights fucking explode when they're hit critically lol.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gear damaging is a great idea on paper. Makes the combat feel more authentic than in like, the GBA days when everyone just stoos upright while getting skewered. It's just Fates went a bit too over the top with it in a few places. Knights fucking explode when they're hit critically lol.

But it’s hilarious because you can tell the horse models are not all designed to be seen without armor. And this is the first time (I can remember, anyway,) that I’ve seen Xander with his armor off, and he looks hilarious too. They should have put a slight bit of effort into making sure characters/horses look okay when their armor is gone, because it has the opposite effect and completely breaks immersion. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I hope everything gets better for you.

There's no major reason it happened this time. I just woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and was struck with the thought of my own mortality. The same old thoughts that haunt  me from time to time.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Knights fucking explode when they're hit critically lol.

"Reactive Armor" is a thing.:

"As weapons improved, an "arms race" evolved between armor and armor-piercing technologies, one as old as war itself. In the late Middle Ages, inventors tried using padding on the inside and outside of the plate armor in hopes of ameliorating the effects of crossbow bolts and pikes (nothing worked very well). In the World wars, the answer was simply to add more layers of armor; again, it didn't work very well. After World War II, various types of "reactive armor" were invented. The concept of explosive reactive armor was first proposed by the Russian Bogdan Voitsekhovsky in 1949, with the first production models appearing in the 1960s. Most main battle tanks now carry some form of reactive armor."

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They should have put a slight bit of effort into making sure characters/horses look okay when their armor is gone, because it has the opposite effect and completely breaks immersion. 

7BowC2z.jpeg

I don't see the immersion break to me.😄

Charlotte calls male Corrin milady in their C-support. As in like, accident on the devs’ part and not some gag. There’s your fun fact of the day.