Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So I messed around with the endgame save mod and I think it works but I can’t use my previous save state at endgame without the mod installed for obvious reasons, and I’m just now learning that my fastest strategy for chapter 26 requires a specific unit be entrapped by a specific shrine maiden, which seems totally random, and for a lot of 60s to hit. Pain.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am pretty sure Corrin and Azura are. And most of the cast.

And most of FE characters in general. And most characters in fiction in general, not just anime or anime like media. Even murican movies/series have younglings going at it

craing about character ages in fiction is something no one should do really. It's fiction for a reason, and it's ok for fiction to be problematic.

Just my 2 cents on the topic

C'mon Shrimpy, things like incest are clearly more important anyways. Xd

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well they do say history is written by the victors.

I mean, who's going to argue with him and his four capped stats?

Knowing Kaga, there'd just be a hidden switch on the bridge that opens up a trapdoor, plummeting me to my death. He wouldn't tell me anything about it because he likes causing problems on purpose.

Nah man that's just the secret way to recruit a character, you come back alive the next map

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So I messed around with the endgame save mod and I think it works but I can’t use my previous save state at endgame without the mod installed for obvious reasons, and I’m just now learning that my fastest strategy for chapter 26 requires a specific unit be entrapped by a specific shrine maiden, which seems totally random, and for a lot of 60s to hit. Pain.

Oof... Well, good luck replicating it.

Perhaps once i have the full picture in chronological order, it actually won't be as convoluted as it looks. But until then, i've already has several "the plot thickens" moments in a row.

True. When discussing a story, I guess you could say there are two ways to determine convolution (after finishing it).:

• The first way is go back and analyze the story as it was experienced by the player ingame.
  • The second way is start with the important point furthest back in the overall narrative, and analyze proceeding from there.

To use Xenogears again as the example.:

• In the first way, I begin analysis with Fei in Lahan (ignoring the opening cutscene nobody will understand for a long time).
  • In the second, I begin with a few sentences of backstory that quickly bring me to the Eldridge, and things proceed from there.

From this, we can end up with two outcomes:

• If the story is convoluted analyzed in the first way, but not when analyzed from the second, then the story itself isn't actually convoluted. What is problematic in this case, is how the story is told, it's messy, and it wouldn't have the appearance of convolution if it was told in a better way.
  • If the story is convoluted in the second way, then I'd say that regardless of how the first way analysis went, the story is truly convoluted. 
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The game is won.

DcHvAxi.png

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am not going to remove Matthis, bro. Capping two stats in Shadow Dragon is rare enough, let alone it being Matthis of all people.

But Archanea Bad, Ruben.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

1edb5ec4528b64922097bc8b9b58ffc3.jpg

For 06

https://i.imgur.com/hOZu5iZ.png

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least Azura isn't a minor

>implying that minors don't fuck

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The game is won.

DcHvAxi.png

is Garchomp truly that impressive considering the effort required to grind it out? You pretty much are at endgme before you finally get the damn thing.

(Unless you trade ofc, then nevermind.)

Edited by lightcosmo

But Archanea Bad, Ruben.

You are quite incorrect, 06.

>implying that minors don't fuck

Not with adults they shouldn't.

But, well, I can see I'm in the minority here, so whatever. It's not like I'm about to crucify anyone for liking loli shit. I just don't think it's so unreasonable to be put off by it, personally.

I guess it depends on the country you're using as reference.

Since wasn't Corrin like at least a toddler when s/he got kidnapped? Then add the fifteen years between the kidnapping and the start of the game and Corrin is at least quite near 20 at most and maybe 17 at least (though I think 17-18 is more Leo and Takumi's age, which has to be younger than Corrin's). For those that 18 is already being of age, then yeah, pretty much an adult already. Same for Azura, as they're more or less the same age.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The endgame save mod worked this time. My intuition to move stuff out of the folder it came in was actually correct, when I looked through the folders there was one already labeled romfs with a folder called scripts inside, so I got rid of the romfs folder I made and moved the one already called romfs to the same spot, and the mod worked.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The endgame save mod worked this time. My intuition to move stuff out of the folder it came in was actually correct, when I looked through the folders there was one already labeled romfs with a folder called scripts inside, so I got rid of the romfs folder I made and moved the one already called romfs to the same spot, and the mod worked.

Ahh yeah that was the mistake, you weren't supposed to put the romfs folder inside the romfs folder lol.

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

is Garchomp truly that impressive considering the effort required to grind it out? You pretty much are at endgme before you finally get the damn thing.

I'm on the 7th badge level cap rn, so no. Gible evolves early (the earlist for a pseudo legendary, actually) and Gabite is a decent pokémon. By the time it evolves into Garchomp, it pretty much can carry you to the finish line. Also, you can catch a Gible right after obtaining the 2rd badge in Platinum.

49 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

(Unless you trade ofc, then nevermind.)

Garchomp is always worth it! There's a reason why it was first non-legendary Pokémon who was banned from competitive singles play (that wasn't Wobbufett, but that shit was banned for being dumb).

'Morning!

Although I've not been defeated, I can't fall here and must make my retreat! I will return when the sun rises on the new week.

(Leaving to drop my sister off at university! I'll be back monday.)

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Corrin x Azura.

It’s okay because it was retconned!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh yeah that was the mistake, you weren't supposed to put the romfs folder inside the romfs folder lol.

B-but the only reason I didn’t know there was already a romfs folder was because you told me not to take anything out of the folder it came in.

The only Fates ship I could really get behind was Charlotte x Benny. But of course, I'll bet that one gets no fanart, now, does it?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Although I've not been defeated, I can't fall here and must make my retreat! I will return when the sun rises on the new week.

(Leaving to drop my sister off at university! I'll be back monday.)

Same to you, Benice!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

B-but the only reason I didn’t know there was already a romfs folder was because you told me not to take anything out of the folder it came in.

Well, I didn't remember the mod came with its own romfs folder. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Corrin x Azura.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9c/14/bc/9c14bc29c0f1998e60d21a5a76cf6bd3.jpghttps://cdn.donmai.us/original/59/74/__corrin_azura_corrin_kana_shigure_and_1_more_fire_emblem_and_1_more_drawn_by_luce_in_the_sky__5974c77d0ecaade8f4c119c4bc9e70f5.png

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

You too!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only Fates ship I could really get behind was Charlotte x Benny. But of course, I'll bet that one gets no fanart, now, does it?

No because it sucks gameplay-wise.

Edited by Ghost_06_

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I didn't remember the mod came with its own romfs folder. Sorry.

‘Tis okay, it wasn’t a big deal. I did have to redo chapter 26, but I got better levels this time (I think), so there was a silver lining.

Besides, it was my choice to redo chapter 26, I could have just not touched the mod and went straight to endgame.

30 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I'm on the 7th badge level cap rn, so no. Gible evolves early (the earlist for a pseudo legendary, actually) and Gabite is a decent pokémon. By the time it evolves into Garchomp, it pretty much can carry you to the finish line. Also, you can catch a Gible right after obtaining the 2rd badge in Platinum.

Yeah I knew that, in the cave near the cycling road. I dunno, to me it felt slow for quite a while.

29 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Garchomp is always worth it! There's a reason why it was first non-legendary Pokémon who was banned from competitive singles play (that wasn't Wobbufett, but that shit was banned for being dumb).

Huh, interesting. (Its not Gen 1 psychic, though. Xd)