• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

No because it sucks gameplay-wise.

I dunno, Charlotte Iggy didn't seem bad to me.

Now do your job and find me the requested fanart.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

‘Tis okay, it wasn’t a big deal. I did have to redo chapter 26, but I got better levels this time (I think), so there was a silver lining.

Besides, it was my choice to redo chapter 26, I could have just not touched the mod and went straight to endgame.

Well, all right.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Corrin x Azura.

Another one

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3972d5033d1cd8be2c48eda5f7e30af3/3c9fd52f3b502a00-0f/s2048x3072/2f86f4ac30b2aa73dc49e82aeee80308ebb3a6d3.jpg

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah I knew that, in the cave near the cycling road. I dunno, to me it felt slow for quite a while.

Gen 4 IS slow. This is not a "Gible" problem, is a "every underleveled pokémon" problem. Now in Gen 6 it's much better.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now do your job and find me the requested fanart.

NO! Here's Iggy and Soleil.

https://cdn.donmai.us/original/51/70/__soleil_and_ignatius_fire_emblem_and_1_more_drawn_by_kuzumosu__5170276e2024b3cdd49548caa515e552.jpg

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know

Despite complaining about Fates characters and story like all the time

I know it has alot of potential, and i do like viewing fate fanworks and comics the most of any FE

Fates has a lot of good things going on. The problem was that it didn't stick the landing. I myself really like BR!Corrin and I think they're a better protagonist than some other FE lords.

Cough cough Alm

Sometimes it is interesting to just imagine what could've been and then learn a lesson about it. A good thing about entertainment is that it helps explore things that we maybe don't see irl. Honestly, I think it's better to create a story that, while imperfect, offers an unique view about something than a story that keeps retreading the same ground and doesn't offer anything new.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Cough cough Alm

Well, i wouldn't put Alm below Corrin, but he isn't really good

The whole he is commoner but actually not kinda pissed me off lol. And the way he gets recognition happens way too fast.

Sometimes it is interesting to just imagine what could've been and then learn a lesson about it.

Yeah.

tfw i feel like Fates hacking, story included.

Honestly, I think it's better to create a story that, while imperfect, offers an unique view about something than a story that keeps retreading the same ground and doesn't offer anything new.

While i kinda agree, i also think it shouldn't be absolute shit ala conquest.

Or any of the Fates routes honestly.

There's a difference between imperfect and what happened in Fates xD

Although tbf Birthright Story is on par with most normal FE, just with more Avatar dickriding

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

NO!

Damnit, Ghost! Why is it so hard to do this one little thing for me?

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's Iggy and Soleil.

https://cdn.donmai.us/original/51/70/__soleil_and_ignatius_fire_emblem_and_1_more_drawn_by_kuzumosu__5170276e2024b3cdd49548caa515e552.jpg

Okay, fine. I'll take it.

...Even if that looks more like Dimitri on a knight's armor than Iggy.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah.

I feel that if Fates hacking was more popular, story revamps of it would be like the FE6 balance patch. Everyone and their mom would have a turn at it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel that if Fates hacking was more popular, story revamps of it would be like the FE6 balance patch. Everyone and their mom would have a turn at it.

hah!

I admit, my first post ever in a FE community was ''how to fix conquest Story''. And every one did that back then lmao

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, i wouldn't put Alm below Corrin, but he isn't really good

The whole he is commoner but actually not kinda pissed me off lol. And the way he gets recognition happens way too fast.

The problem with Corrin is that their portrayal changes between the routes. BR!Corrin is determined, and it takes balls to go up against the family they ever knew to do what they think it's right. At least this is more interesting to me than whatever the fuck Alm has going on in his route.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It would take a lot to fix Fates' story, needing to flesh out the world and several characters, and don't think the FE way can handle it.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While i kinda agree, i also think it shouldn't be absolute shit ala conquest.

Or any of the Fates routes honestly.

There's a difference between imperfect and what happened in Fates xD

True.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Although tbf Birthright Story is on par with most normal FE, just with more Avatar dickriding

Just Shadow Dragon bogged a bit down by Fates' storytelling.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is that 3DS hacking is too demanding compared to GBA hacking.

I beat the game. And then it started heavily lagging, I’m just glad it waited until Takumi was dead to start doing so (though it lagged a bit at the very beginning).

That was actually not so bad, knowing I wouldn’t have to redo chapter 26 if I lost. I did end up using a save state, but only for one turn (the map took me 5), and other than that one turn the map really wasn’t so bad. I have now officially finished Conquest hard without any deaths unless you count the kids that never came into existence.

Here is the team, mostly just because I want to talk about them.

Spoiler

3oqLSoV.png
First up is Corrin, the main character himself. I went with +strength instead of +magic even though he’s a Nohr noble, sue me. That was because I wanted to take advantage of the Yato doing 75% damage against Takumi (iirc) unlike every other attack doing 50%. Corrin was pretty great in the early game, like usual, but there was a long stretch through the mid-game where he just didn’t see any combat because some other units started to get really good while he was just kinda good. I power leveled him in the late game chapters for Takumi though, and it paid off since he did 50~ damage in one round with a Mozu pair up iirc. I went -luck, because imagine picking any other bane, ever.

You can’t tell from the screenshot, but he capped speed.

wVW3TV6.png

Good old Xander and his backpack, they were great as usual. I’m posting this screenshot of his stats with a Charlotte pair up because that was how he almost always fought, I can’t think of a single time I separated them. The pair up gives him speed, which he really really wants (5 with her as a berserker), and makes his strength nuclear. Combine that with defender (+1 to all stats when he’s the lead unit) and his high might, 1-2 range prf and he is very very good. Definitely worth sacrificing a deployment slot for a Charlotte who practically never saw combat.

46doxBl.png

The (wo)man, the myth, the legend, Camilla. Aka the best unit in the game. It is true that she’s one of the worst in the game as a character, but as a unit… she’s insanely good. The only thing she really can’t do is magic damage, even though she’s a malig knight (they really just wanted an excuse for the class to exist, huh), but that’s not really an issue, especially when she can carry you through a lot of the game anyway. She effectively had 2 more strength because of the +2 strength ability, but I I equipped it for this screenshot so you could see the green.

HaKUKDy.png

Leo and his backpack. Felicia makes him really good, she gives him speed that he really wants on top of giving him some magic. It’s also worth sacrificing a deployment slot for a backpack in this case, because she makes Leo that good. I’m surprised doing this isn’t as popular as making Charlotte Xander’s backpack, it has basically the same effect (Leo can actually double quite a bit this way with the horse spirit (that gives him +3 speed), but it has low might so he has a little trouble one rounding). You can’t tell here, but he capped speed.

BdgqRen.png

The best staffbot, Elise. That’s most of what she did, though she got in a little combat. She was my primary healer throughout really the entire game.

5JXoPHQ.png

Dancer. She danced (or I guess sang, thanks Fates) and that was really it. Though I’m just now noticing that slight tick in her weapon rank, so I guess she did something else at some point.

NqOisei.png

Mozu, one of my best combat units. She is insanely good, screw the meta. There really isn’t a better use of that exp in the early game but even if there was, this type of unit is fun (does she count as an Est if she joins really early?). One rounded practically everything. She effectively had 2 more skill than this because of skill +2, but I unequipped it for this screenshot to show off all the green. Everyone should try Mozu.

YhHfa1j.png

Xander backpack.

XkqKTK2.png

Leo backpack.

tdX7iVn.png

Percy was pretty good, he could fly, rally defense, tank a bit and had good strength himself. You can get him very early because Arthur and Effie have a fast support and join in the first proper chapter (unless you count chapter 6), she’s pretty much his best mom to boot. It was always felt like he was juuuust short of doubling something, but he was still good.

BxGs1eB.png

Kana was… maybe my worst combat unit I had? I thought she would be good because of aptitude and Mozu, so she spent a little bit of time in Nohr noble, but it still messed with her growths too much, so I heart sealed her to master of arms after a bit, since it was the only option available to her where not all of her ranks would be E rank. I still fed her two arms scrolls though, and for a lot of the game her offense was meh, in return for her dying very easily. It got better when I gave her life and death in the literal last map, but she would be one shot by everything and needed to double to kill without attack stance, which she could do, but she would have to eat a counter which wasn’t really an option, and having to stay glued to attack stance to work sucks. She still contributed though, and I don’t know if I would call her bad.

we5i0Ss.png

Shining bow! Her offense wasn’t the best but she had thief utility, could actually heal and gave movement when paired up, so that’s okay. She did do decent damage with the shining bow, though very rarely one rounded, but that’s okay, because she was much more utility focused. She was actually great with the shining bow in the beginning, but she kind of fell off, combat-wise. She contributed greatly in endgame though, since I gave her the honor of silence.

YtomnuB.png

Best mage, Ophelia. She wrecked everything, Elise!Ophelia is so much fun. It felt like she crit or activated vengeance every attack (which didn’t matter since she never took damage), so she’s one of those characters who I have basically their entire crit quote selection memorized. It was very rare that she didn’t one round, especially with lightning despite its low might. She is definitely vying for the spot of my best combat unit, though she has a lot of competition.

xFLqKv9.png

Ignatius could tank most physical hits. Enemies looking scary but you want to bait them? Ignatius. Want to choke a point? Ignatius. That was most of what he did, he’s great. Beruka gives him defense and strength, making him basically her only good option as a parent, since she kills everyone else’s speed and he doesn’t reaaaally want it.

k2ww7Qg.png

Everyone already knows Camilla!Velouria is good. The few enemies she didn’t one round with her incredible stats (factoring in Beastone+ bonuses) she would make very easy for someone else to finish off with the savage blow + grisly wound combination.

zumrJ9K.png

Forrest was a late game staffbot who I grabbed to fill the deployment slot you get from Ryoma’s chapter onwards. He didn’t really do anything other than staffbot, but that’s okay because he did it well for the few chapters he existed.

Conquest is a good game, gameplay wise. I enjoyed that run, like I did the last one.

I wonder what I’ll play next, though.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I beat the game. And then it started heavily lagging, I’m just glad it waited until Takumi was dead to start doing so (though it lagged a bit at the very beginning).

That was actually not so bad, knowing I wouldn’t have to redo chapter 26 if I lost. I did end up using a save state, but only for one turn (the map took me 5), and other than that one turn the map really wasn’t so bad. I have now officially finished Conquest hard without any deaths unless you count the kids that never came into existence.

Here is the team, mostly just because I want to talk about them.

Hide contents

3oqLSoV.png
First up is Corrin, the main character himself. I went with +strength instead of +magic even though he’s a Nohr noble, sue me. That was because I wanted to take advantage of the Yato doing 75% damage against Takumi (iirc) unlike every other attack doing 50%. Corrin was pretty great in the early game, like usual, but there was a long stretch through the mid-game where he just didn’t see any combat because some other units started to get really good while he was just kinda good. I power leveled him in the late game chapters for Takumi though, and it paid off since he did 50~ damage in one round with a Mozu pair up iirc. I went -luck, because imagine picking any other bane, ever.

You can’t tell from the screenshot, but he capped speed.

wVW3TV6.png

Good old Xander and his backpack, they were great as usual. I’m posting this screenshot of his stats with a Charlotte pair up because that was how he almost always fought, I can’t think of a single time I separated them. The pair up gives him speed, which he really really wants (5 with her as a berserker), and makes his strength nuclear. Combine that with defender (+1 to all stats when he’s the lead unit) and his high might, 1-2 range prf and he is very very good. Definitely worth sacrificing a deployment slot for a Charlotte who practically never saw combat.

46doxBl.png

The (wo)man, the myth, the legend, Camilla. Aka the best unit in the game. It is true that she’s one of the worst in the game as a character, but as a unit… she’s insanely good. The only thing she really can’t do is magic damage, even though she’s a malig knight (they really just wanted an excuse for the class to exist, huh), but that’s not really an issue, especially when she can carry you through a lot of the game anyway. She effectively had 2 more strength because of the +2 strength ability, but I I equipped it for this screenshot so you could see the green.

HaKUKDy.png

Leo and his backpack. Felicia makes him really good, she gives him speed that he really wants on top of giving him some magic. It’s also worth sacrificing a deployment slot for a backpack in this case, because she makes Leo that good. I’m surprised doing this isn’t as popular as making Charlotte Xander’s backpack, it has basically the same effect (Leo can actually double quite a bit this way with the horse spirit (that gives him +3 speed), but it has low might so he has a little trouble one rounding). You can’t tell here, but he capped speed.

BdgqRen.png

The best staffbot, Elise. That’s most of what she did, though she got in a little combat. She was my primary healer throughout really the entire game.

5JXoPHQ.png

Dancer. She danced (or I guess sang, thanks Fates) and that was really it. Though I’m just now noticing that slight tick in her weapon rank, so I guess she did something else at some point.

NqOisei.png

Mozu, one of my best combat units. She is insanely good, screw the meta. There really isn’t a better use of that exp in the early game but even if there was, this type of unit is fun (does she count as an Est if she joins really early?). One rounded practically everything. She effectively had 2 more skill than this because of skill +2, but I unequipped it for this screenshot to show off all the green. Everyone should try Mozu.

YhHfa1j.png

Xander backpack.

XkqKTK2.png

Leo backpack.

tdX7iVn.png

Percy was pretty good, he could fly, rally defense, tank a bit and had good strength himself. You can get him very early because Arthur and Effie have a fast support and join in the first proper chapter (unless you count chapter 6), she’s pretty much his best mom to boot. It was always felt like he was juuuust short of doubling something, but he was still good.

BxGs1eB.png

Kana was… maybe my worst combat unit I had? I thought she would be good because of aptitude and Mozu, so she spent a little bit of time in Nohr noble, but it still messed with her growths too much, so I heart sealed her to master of arms after a bit, since it was the only option available to her where not all of her ranks would be E rank. I still fed her two arms scrolls though, and for a lot of the game her offense was meh, in return for her dying very easily. It got better when I gave her life and death in the literal last map, but she would be one shot by everything and needed to double to kill without attack stance, which she could do, but she would have to eat a counter which wasn’t really an option, and having to stay glued to attack stance to work sucks. She still contributed though, and I don’t know if I would call her bad.

we5i0Ss.png

Shining bow! Her offense wasn’t the best but she had thief utility, could actually heal and gave movement when paired up, so that’s okay. She did do decent damage with the shining bow, though very rarely one rounded, but that’s okay, because she was much more utility focused. She was actually great with the shining bow in the beginning, but she kind of fell off, combat-wise. She contributed greatly in endgame though, since I gave her the honor of silence.

YtomnuB.png

Best mage, Ophelia. She wrecked everything, Elise!Ophelia is so much fun. It felt like she crit or activated vengeance every attack (which didn’t matter since she never took damage), so she’s one of those characters who I have basically their entire crit quote selection memorized. It was very rare that she didn’t one round, especially with lightning despite its low might. She is definitely vying for the spot of my best combat unit, though she has a lot of competition.

xFLqKv9.png

Ignatius could tank most physical hits. Enemies looking scary but you want to bait them? Ignatius. Want to choke a point? Ignatius. That was most of what he did, he’s great. Beruka gives him defense and strength, making him basically her only good option as a parent, since she kills everyone else’s speed and he doesn’t reaaaally want it.

k2ww7Qg.png

Everyone already knows Camilla!Velouria is good. The few enemies she didn’t one round with her incredible stats (factoring in Beastone+ bonuses) she would make very easy for someone else to finish off with the savage blow + grisly wound combination.

zumrJ9K.png

Forrest was a late game staffbot who I grabbed to fill the deployment slot you get from Ryoma’s chapter onwards. He didn’t really do anything other than staffbot, but that’s okay because he did it well for the few chapters he existed.

Conquest is a good game, gameplay wise. I enjoyed that run, like I did the last one.

Well.

At least you have a few kids.

It's not... entirely a boring team.

I wonder what I’ll play next, though.

Omori, let's go.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well.

At least you have Forrest and Iggy.

It's not... entirely a boring team.

Yeah, an entirely boring team would be one mostly comprised of units who are not actual characters.

Hey, half my team was kids like you wanted!

Speaking of kids, I never did play heirs of fate…

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, an entirely boring team would be one mostly comprised of units who are not actual characters.

They've got better designs than like, 90% of the folks in the proper playable cast.

Hey, half my team was kids like you wanted!

Whoop de doo.

Speaking of kids, I never did play heirs of fate…

In other news, I just got the Great Ace Attorney before I run into super spoilers like I tend to do.

You can tell it's a bad port of a console game because it asks that you don't "turn off your PC" while the game is saving and the option for fullscreen is nowhere to be found. Eh, borderless is close enough, I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, ditching Suzume for Haitaka?

Bros before, eh.

Suzume was wonderful, but look at him. If there was someone who deserved to stand next to Yubello, it's him.

I mean, he's not next to Yubello, but, details.

...Maybe I should ditch Senno instead. Guy did a lot less in hus run than she did in the Rev run. But I'm so fond of him...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Beruka gives him defense and strength, making him basically her only good option as a parent, since she kills everyone else’s speed and he doesn’t reaaaally want it.

Peri is also good.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, why is this my quote? I never said that...

Tumblr: Image

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes.

peUfDIH.png

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One of the few non gameplay things i like in Fates, the shared qoutes between close/related characters

Such a cool thing that the retainers share a quote with their liege.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!

Best Girl, Best Mage, Best everything

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ophelia supermacy

Bask in the glory!

dBpbJld.jpg

I wish I could agree with you guys about her.

Unfortunately, her voice gets on my nerves and she's a boring good unit, so I've never used her and it'll be a while before I do.

I will say, though, at least she's got more of a chance than Camilla and Elise. It's something.