Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Looks like my computer decided to die right on time, this time, so I’ll give it another hiatus and hope that has it working again. Which means no Omori for the time being, unless my computer decides it wants to work tomorrow or something.

I know Omori probably isn’t the most intense game to run, but my computer lags opening Chrome lol.

• Replies 179.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Looks like my computer decided to die right on time, this time, so I’ll give it another hiatus and hope that has it working again. Which means no Omori for the time being, unless my computer decides it wants to work tomorrow or something.

I know Omori probably isn’t the most intense game to run, but my computer lags opening Chrome lol.

Geez thats bad luck. Sorry to hear that!

Ok so i know Cassandra Lee Morris is a pretty well known voice actor within the anime and video game industry. Like she voiced Morgana from P5, Sothis from 3H, Lin from Xenoblade X, etc etc.

Why am i bringing this up?

Screenshot_20210903-103225.png

Her voice for both Tomi and Fie are like literally the same. Like same exact tone, pitch, everything. It's really noticeable because i've heard her different types of performances in other games.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah man that's just the secret way to recruit a character, you come back alive the next map

But only if you remembered to visit this one tile in the desert map with a specific character and then visit a house with the same character 8 maps later but only in route B, which is unlocked if you if you've cleared the last three maps prior within 10 turns.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

7npe8rib8al71.png

lmao

Well that didn't last very long lmao.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sheesh... Well, at least you got through Conquest.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But only if you remembered to visit this one tile in the desert map with a specific character and then visit a house with the same character 8 maps later but only in route B, which is unlocked if you if you've cleared the last three maps prior within 10 turns.

Actually, no, that's Stefan's recruitment in an IntSys game

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, no, that's Stefan's recruitment in an IntSys game

I intentionally included the desert part as a reference to Stefan but the other requirements I made up are definitely Kaga moments.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

He isn't Mia so who cares? Xd

Pssh, the only swordswoman I could ever need in my team is Meg

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I intentionally included the desert part as a reference to Stefan but the other requirements I made up are definitely Kaga moments.

All right, fine. I cannot deny it, given stuff like Leteena, so I will just grumble and look the other way. Hmph!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Your PC just wanted to Conquest

The common denominator of my computer just giving up seems to be Conquest.

Eh, it’ll be back eventually.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, fine. I cannot deny it, given stuff like Leteena, so I will just grumble and look the other way. Hmph!

So what’s the Leteena stuff like?

I mean, not that FE has not done it at some point, but for SRW, something like this is the norm:

(From SRW J)

Greimkaiser and Ahmos Gale

• Note: Gale and Julia are mutually exclusive. You will only be able to recruit one per playthrough; if you meet the conditions for both of them, Gale takes priority.
  • Scenario 3: Move Eiji next to Gale and select "Convince".
  • Scenario 4: Move Eiji next to Gale and select "Convince".
  • Scenario 4: When Gale becomes an NPC, agree to save him.
  • Scenario 10: Choose the "Go with Archangel" route after the scenario.
  • Scenario 14: Eiji and Gale must have a battle encounter.
  • Scenario 38: Gale will join after this scenario.

The last recruitment step and the actual recruitment are 24 chapters apart, and it's route dependent. Some are more complex, some are more simpler. Part of the norm for SRW.

Then, having a long-running franchise where certain series show up several times, you almost never repeat recruitment requirements. Again from SRW J:

Re-recruit Gai Daigouji

• Scenario 20: Choose the "Go to the Moon" route after this scenario.
  • Scenario 43: Choose the "Go to Peace Conference" route after this scenario.
  • Scenario 44: Gai will return in his Aestivalis in this scenario.
  • Scenario 49: If you re-obtained Gai, Tsukumo will appear as an NPC ally in this scenario.

But then, in SRW A:

Save Gai and his Aestivalis 9 (Space) Keep the Nadesico, Gai, and Akito alive on Stage 9.

Much more simpler, and shorter, for the exact same thing. And then, in a game like SRW W... you do nothing. You get the... Gai, as an automatic recruit.

Want complexity for character or mecha acquisition? SRW is up your alley. The flip side is that unlike something like FE, SRW is story-focused, so you get 95% of the cast automatically. It's only the remaining 5% you have to do something to get them... and thus the complex recruitment processes. Since they all depend on their source materials pretty much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So what’s the Leteena stuff like?

So TRS has a map like Gaiden/Echoes. In it is a location called Verje. There's also two armies, one led by a lord, Runan, and the other by a pirate, Holmes. You can choose which units go with which army. At one point, you get a Samson/Arran sort of choice, but between no less than four units and two opportunities to pick, with the unit picked in the first choice replaced by a fifth unit. You follow so far?

Basically, you must put Runan's two loyal Cain/Abel cavalier knights (called Kreiss and Arkis) into Holmes's army. Which, already, is counter-intuitive enough. Then, you must visit Verje. A couple maps later, you must visit Verje again, and Kreiss must be holding a specific item. A few chapters later, you must once more return to Verje and Kreiss must be holding a different, specific item. A couple more maps pass, and you must return to Verje one last time, no items invovled this time. Then, you must return Kreiss (Arkis is irrelevant to the chain at this point) to Runan's army. In a later chapter, he must kill a specific boss. And then, only then, is Leteena recruited.

But wait, that's not all! Leteena fuckin' leaves the army! In fact, you get a choice, and depending on what you pick, either she leaves or she takes Kreiss with her! The only way to prevent this from happening is to pick a specific unit in the 5-way-choice that I mentioned above, who just so happens to be Leteena's sister's husband and convinces her and Kreiss to remain in the army! But only if you pick the choice that would cause Kreiss to leave with her, if you pick the one that would cause only Leteena to leave, he just doesn't show up and she goes!

So, uh, yeah. That about covers it. Simple, right?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Okay, I finished and uploaded that chapter I mentioned earlier. Maybe now I can change my focus on another of my projects. But for now... I think it's time for some TF2.

Oh, found a guide I could use to beat Teyul Menas. Still need to train Yuri and Milla to max level for it, but other than that I have most set-up already to try. Well, 1-2 weeks of AD runs will be in order.

Six days into the dump, still feeling it, but at least today I mustered the will to actually play a video game for a while. Completed the Vermillion Tower segment of CrossCode. A boss fight mocking stat inflation, I like better than it being the entire game like Disgaea. By this point, I've made peace with the difficulty and don't have qualms about seriously tuning down damage taken willy nilly, I'm still having fun. Although maybe I should try reduced enemy attack frequency instead of damage and see how it compares.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And every one did that back then lmao

Ah yes, who can forget the part where in a single prolonged blinding flash of light, the evil Mikoto transformed Takumi into a Dawn Dragon Incarnate, while mortally wounding the mentally-restored Garon with his beloved long-lost daughter Azura beside him? 😛

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Meanwhile, I had a breakdown, that's part of why I'm not responding to the "is underage problematic?" talk. Not of the car sadly, that might have been less stressful.

Emotional sympathies.🙂

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

7npe8rib8al71.png

lmao

Considering I saw this headline recently:

https://www.siliconera.com/reborn-as-a-vending-machine-manga-english/

It doesn't surprise me.

Also Kid Icarus Uprising can turn you into a piece of shrimp tempura with legs, do NOT let yourself be eaten before the curse wears off! 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok so i know Cassandra Lee Morris is a pretty well known voice actor within the anime and video game industry. Like she voiced Morgana from P5, Sothis from 3H, Lin from Xenoblade X, etc etc.

And this girl too:

Timestamp set, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

(From SRW J)

Greimkaiser and Ahmos Gale

• Note: Gale and Julia are mutually exclusive. You will only be able to recruit one per playthrough; if you meet the conditions for both of them, Gale takes priority.
  • Scenario 3: Move Eiji next to Gale and select "Convince".
  • Scenario 4: Move Eiji next to Gale and select "Convince".
  • Scenario 4: When Gale becomes an NPC, agree to save him.
  • Scenario 10: Choose the "Go with Archangel" route after the scenario.
  • Scenario 14: Eiji and Gale must have a battle encounter.
  • Scenario 38: Gale will join after this scenario.

The last recruitment step and the actual recruitment are 24 chapters apart, and it's route dependent. Some are more complex, some are more simpler. Part of the norm for SRW.

Comparing OG to mainline, I've noticed how there is enough secret stuff in the usual mainline to stuff the White Star and still have extra spilling out of it. The three-five hidden mechs of OG2 aren't worth calling even table scraps by comparison. I'm not sure whether it inclines me to ignore the stuff and play blind on a first run, or use a guide for everything.

Given I read the chip shortage may last until at least September of next year, I'm having a thought of breaking my "no emulation on my Mac ever again, wait for PC" rule and making J  or A Portable (Axel with Vysaga for sure) my first mainline instead of 30. Plus, since I can't get Moon Dwellers, J ought to fill me on its characters, should they return in 3rd OG and should it follow in 30's footsteps and be released abroad. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, uh, yeah. That about covers it. Simple, right?

Hey, the Silence Staff is so worth it!😛

It's useful for... what exactly? Water Shrine when approaching the sword, maybe negating Karla's warp & meteor for a turn. Yep, so amazing.

But then again, I'm sure your Marlon picks are always Luka and Ezekiel, young early male lackluster archer, and so-so axe fighter. Easily the worse two you could choose.