Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, of course. Everything is going to be okay.

Ah, right, of course. That knife thing was just Omori having a grand old time. And I’m sure that picture Basil looked at was so happy, it made their eyes water. That was it.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah, right, of course. That knife thing was just Omori having a grand old time. And I’m sure that picture Basil looked at was so happy, it made their eyes water. That was it.

Yeah, honestly, few games are jollier than this one. Even Mario isn't as cheery.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Go ahead. Never heard of it myself.

Then again, I doubt you'll be interested.

Hourai High is basically Earthbound meets Anime High School (TM). It originally came out as a Tabletop RPG, which then got a SNES video game adaptation of the setting. The game itself incorporates a class system not unlike what you'd see in some of the Final Fantasy games... and again, with Earthbound style humor and quirkiness, and the Anime High School setting (TM).

So yeah, I can already see you refusing to try it out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, I think that’s enough Omori for now. I’m glad it started getting more… interesting, when it did, because otherwise I was getting bored. The gameplay is boring so far. There hasn’t been a lot of it, but I didn’t really enjoy any of it (well, other than that encounter on the stairs, but that doesn’t really count, does it?). Some of the overworld music was starting to get a little annoying, but from what I know about the game you should definitely keep the sound on, which I’ll do. The writing seems pretty good though. It’s hasn’t really done anything yet but just the dialogue and the descriptions of things are quite good. This definitely seems to be a game where the entire point is the story and stuff, though, so this is all okay. I like the stuff, so I’m definitely not dropping the game now.

Should I be fighting random encounters? Will I be wrecked later without doing so? I’d rather just avoid them. Though that side quest wants me to grind the rabbit monsters… do I want Sooks% that badly?

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I think that’s enough Omori for now. I’m glad it started getting more… interesting, when it did, because otherwise I was getting bored. The gameplay is boring so far. There hasn’t been a lot of it, but I didn’t really enjoy any of it (well, other than that encounter on the stairs, but that doesn’t really count, does it?). Some of the overworld music was starting to get a little annoying, but from what I know about the game you should definitely keep the sound on, which I’ll do. The writing seems pretty good though. It’s hasn’t really done anything yet but just the dialogue and the descriptions of things are quite good. This definitely seems to be a game where the entire point is the story and stuff, though, so this is all okay. I like the stuff, so I’m definitely not dropping the game now.

This is fair enough. Glad you're enjoying the story. I did say it's the main attraction.

Should I be fighting random encounters? Will I be wrecked later without doing so? I’d rather just avoid them.

Well... This is still an RPG. A rather easy one, I cruised through it by just fighting whatever was on my way, but still. If you don't do even that you might have some problems later down the line, I'm afraid.

Though that side quest wants me to grind the rabbit monsters… do I want Sooks% that badly?

Pffft I avoided that one. Those bunnies are too cute.

13 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Happy Anniversary to Vestaria Saga.

Fullbody artwork of Vestaria characters? 👀

Hey that's awesome!

...HSoS localization when tho? That's the news I really want from Kaga right now...

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... This is still an RPG. A rather easy one, I cruised through it by just fighting whatever was on my way, but still. If you don't do even that you might have some problems later down the line, I'm afraid.

Boo… eh, oh well. It doesn’t take that long and story good, so far.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffft I avoided that one. Those bunnies are too cute.

But the Sooks%!

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Boo… eh, oh well. It doesn’t take that long and story good, so far.

Honestly, you should fight a little bit just for the battle themes. There's a new one each area and they're all pure gold. Also, the enemy designs are cool, but that's because the game is just visually great overall.

But the Sooks%!

For the record, the only sidequest that is relevant to the main story is a sort of collectibles, which I don't believe you've seen yet. Everything else is just an opportunity for items, money and funny dialogue.

I did quite a few of them. Even found an entire side area with nothing but irrelevant content at one point and spent some time there. However, I started to get bored, spending less and less time on the game each day, until eventually I thought "yeah, no, this isn't working, I'm genuinely loving where this story is going, I better stop fooling around before I quit." And so I did and it was one of the most magical gaming experiences of my life.

Sooo uhhh yeah. What I'm trying to say is, you do what you want. I know how important the Sooks% is to you. But if you at some point absolutely don't want to bother, don't. There's nothing much to gain from 99% of the sidequests, and the only one that matters just requires that you explore a bit.

Well... There's another thing that gets you an extra cutscene at the very end, but if you miss it, I'll be sure to send you the scene online, so no worries.

Also, there's two routes. One route is almost entirely side content, but... We'll get to that. Don't let it worry you for now. I believe you'll go the main route anyway. Most people do. It's just the right thing to do.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But eh, screw it!

Just a tease of what the game is about.

Oh right, I forgot to respond to your earlier post.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like my kind of game, but it does look good for someone who is into this kind of game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, there's two routes. One route is almost entirely side content, but... We'll get to that. Don't let it worry you for now. I believe you'll go the main route anyway. Most people do. It's just the right thing to do.

Ngl, I thought there were way more routes. Just seemed like that kind of game.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ngl, I thought there were way more routes. Just seemed like that kind of game.

There's many endings, if that's what you mean. The routes I'm talking about completely change the gameplay and the story.

Play as characters from all your favorite anime...and Akira from Virtua Fighter is here too, for some reason.

And someone from Valkyria Chronicles as well.

Edited by Vergil The Knight

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Play as characters from all your favorite anime...and Akira from Virtua Fighter is here too, for some reason.

Screenshot_20210904_151148.jpeg.c678c716e78e82818b0feab166720308.jpeg

And someone from Valkyria Chronicles as well.

What in the world is that? M.U.G.E.N.? The character selection looks random enough and the artstyles distinct enough to be M.U.G.E.N.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What in the world is that? M.U.G.E.N.? The character selection looks random enough and the artstyles distinct enough to be M.U.G.E.N.

Surprisingly enough, it's not! It's an officially released fighting game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Bunko:_Fighting_Climax

...although the particular way I'm playing is not exactly official.

The characters are from LNs from Dengeki Bunko. Except Akira and the VC person, they're there because Sega published the game.

Edited by Robert Stewart

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Surprisingly enough, it's not! It's an officially released fighting game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Bunko:_Fighting_Climax

Hah! Well, ain't that somethin'. The upside is that you get to beat up anime. The downside is that to do you, you must be anime.

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

...although the particular way I'm playing is not exactly official.

Ahhh so it is M.U.G.E.N. after all, you just got the same characters as in the proper game so you could pretend it's the real thing. Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Well, ain't that somethin'. The upside is that you get to beat up anime. The downside is that to do you, you must be anime.

Technically you can be Akira or the VC person instead. :v

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh so it is M.U.G.E.N. after all, you just got the same characters as in the proper game so you could pretend it's the real thing. Gotcha.

Yes, I've been found out.

Spoiler

It's actually a "community" version some fans of the game made by hacking the arcade version into an emulator or something, in order to play a version of the game with better netcode.

Edited by Robert Stewart

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, you should fight a little bit just for the battle themes. There's a new one each area and they're all pure gold. Also, the enemy designs are cool, but that's because the game is just visually great overall.

Really? The one now is meh.

For the record, the only sidequest that is relevant to the main story is a sort of collectibles, which I don't believe you've seen yet. Everything else is just an opportunity for items, money and funny dialogue.

Is it the hangman keys?

And so I did and it was one of the most magical gaming experiences of my life.

Yeah, I keep hearing about that.

Sooo uhhh yeah. What I'm trying to say is, you do what you want. I know how important the Sooks% is to you. But if you at some point absolutely don't want to bother, don't. There's nothing much to gain from 99% of the sidequests, and the only one that matters just requires that you explore a bit.

Well, yeah. I go for the Sooks% because I find it fun, if it’s not fun, I won’t. It’s not like an absolute requirement, so we’ll see. But if there’s one or a few bad side quests and that’s it, I usually just get through ‘em.

Well... There's another thing that gets you an extra cutscene at the very end, but if you miss it, I'll be sure to send you the scene online, so no worries.

Okay, that I definitely want. I’ll see if any side things scream plot relevant.

Well, thanks for the compliment!

But does that mean if you go the route that’s all side content and just do the story, it ends almost immediately?

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's many endings, if that's what you mean.

Hmm……

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..HSoS localization when tho? That's the news I really want from Kaga right now...

You and me both. I'd love an excuse to play it a 4th time.

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Fullbody artwork of Vestaria characters? 👀

I'm not quite sure why, but Cezar seems way taller than I expected him to be, and Zayid way shorter. Huh.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? Being a thief and his likely age, Cezar gave me the vibe of being the tall and nimble kind.

"Way" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I always got the feeling stature was a part of why Zayid was intimidating to him.