Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Technically you can be Akira or the VC person instead. :v

Hmmm... A fine workaround.

15 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yes, I've been found out.

You cannot hide from me, I am too smart.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really? The one now is meh.

Sacrilege

Nah but I get it, I guess the first one is like... childish? I like it, personally, but I can understand. Trust me, they get better. And the boss themes? Hoo, boy, the boss themes.

Is it the hangman keys?

Right on the money. You need to complete the puzzle to complete the game, in the main route at the very least. It spans the entire adventure, so don't sweat it too much. Just be on the lookout for keys. I found all of them without ever having to backtrack in my first run. They're not too well hidden.

Yeah, I keep hearing about that.

I can say it again if you need me to.

Well, yeah. I go for the Sooks% because I find it fun, if it’s not fun, I won’t. It’s not like an absolute requirement, so we’ll see. But if there’s one or a few bad side quests and that’s it, I usually just get through ‘em.

Very well, you do what you think is best.

Okay, that I definitely want. I’ll see if any side things scream plot relevant.

Actually... You'll find out what you need to do to unlock that scene soon enough. Question is, will you remember to do it...?

But does that mean if you go the route that’s all side content and just do the story, it ends almost immediately?

The side route is not comparable to the other one. It's much less linear, much more open and exploration-driven, with brand new locations you cannot see in the main route, at the cost of much less story. It's pretty cool on its own right, but by its nature it's best left for a second run, if you do one.

Still, don't let it bother you. I want to see what happens.

Hmm……

Don't get a bad ending now. That'd be... unfortunate.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

You and me both. I'd love an excuse to play it a 4th time.

I'd love an excuse to play it, full stop! It looks great, but moonrunes confuse smol brain!

• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah but I get it, I guess the first one is like... childish?

That’s kinda my problem with the music so far, or why it’s getting on my nerves. Like, considering the aesthetic of the game and what it actually is, I get it, I’m pretty sure, I know why it’s like this, but it can still get on my nerves.

Does it ever stray away from that as a whole? It’s mostly the overworld music that gets to me.

Right on the money. You need to complete the puzzle to complete the game, in the main route at the very least. It spans the entire adventure, so don't sweat it too much. Just be on the lookout for keys. I found all of them without ever having to backtrack in my first run. They're not too well hidden.

That’s quite nice, I’d been keeping the clues in mind. Does completing the puzzle mean getting all of the keys or just the ones that spell out the message?

Also it unlocked as soon as I got to the white space for the second time, when I interacted with the computer.

Actually... You'll find out what you need to do to unlock that scene soon enough. Question is, will you remember to do it...?

Yes, because you’ll remind me.

Well, now that I know I’m supposed to remember to do something, if it’s obvious I can write (type?) it down.

Did you get it when you played the game or is it hard to remember?

The side route is not comparable to the other one. It's much less linear, much more open and exploration-driven, with brand new locations you cannot see in the main route, at the cost of much less story. It's pretty cool on its own right, but by its nature it's best left for a second run, if you do one.

Did you do a second run for that?

Still, don't let it bother you. I want to see what happens.

Noo, you just stroked my ego, you are supposed to keep acting absolutely 100% sure that I’ll do the right thing.

Don't get a bad ending now. That'd be... unfortunate.

There’s no way there are any endings that aren’t bad. This isn’t that kind of game, you can’t fool me.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s kinda my problem with the music so far, or why it’s getting on my nerves. Like, considering the aesthetic of the game and what it actually is, I get it, I’m pretty sure, I know why it’s like this, but it can still get on my nerves.

Does it ever stray away from that as a whole? It’s mostly the overworld music that gets to me.

Past the first area it stops being so... heavy-handed, yes. Don't worry, it gets way better.

Does completing the puzzle mean getting all of the keys or just the ones that spell out the message?

It's not even possible to get all the keys in the main route. I don't think I need to say more.

Yes, because you’ll remind me.

Ohohoh, come now. Would I miss out on an excuse to call you Suckes?

Wow I just sounded like a huge jerk there, am I a jerk? I can't be a jerk...

Did you get it when you played the game or is it hard to remember?

I got it, but at the same time, I'm fairly certain I must've read about it at some point.

Did you do a second run for that?

No. Not yet, at least.

Noo, you just stroked my ego, you are supposed to keep acting absolutely 100% sure that I’ll do the right thing.

Pssh. Don't push it. You got enough praise for the time being.

There’s no way there are any endings that aren’t bad. This isn’t that kind of game, you can’t fool me.

Well... There is one way to find out, isn't there?

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Ahahahahahahahahah okay that's just adorable.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

... I swept two Elite Four members with Garchomp.

This sounds unsurprising. For the improvements of prior gens that it has on top of it's own, Kalos still has an easier league than I anticipated coming at it. This of course includes the choice to have 4 pokemon for E4 members.

Did you use the actively harmful mega evo? Have you finished the league at this stage?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't worry, it gets way better.

Ruben: Omori is a good RPG, unlike Trails it doesn’t take 35 hours to get to the point

Also Ruben:

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow I just sounded like a huge jerk there, am I a jerk? I can't be a jerk...

Well, there was that one choice you made in Omori. You know the one.

I mean, I don’t, but that’s not the point, is it?

Just now, Sooks said:

Ruben: Omori is a good RPG, unlike Trails it doesn’t take 35 hours to get to the point

Also Ruben:

It takes like an hour to get to area 2, Sooks. And I was just talking music-wise. Honestly, the story is great from minute 0.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, there was that one choice you made in Omori. You know the one.

I mean, I don’t, but that’s not the point, is it?

I... actually, I have no idea what you're trying to say, but let's not dive into spoiler territory now. I wouldn't want to accidentally spoil something for you. I know from experience (both inflicted and received) that it can happen.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... actually, I have no idea what you're trying to say, but let's not dive into spoiler territory now. I wouldn't want to accidentally spoil something for you. I know from experience (both inflicted and received) that it can happen.

Well, I’m certainly not vaguely making fun or your choices even though I don’t know what they are just because. I would never do that.

…but how is it that it’s always me playing the games with choices while you know everything that happens? One day this needs to be reversed. One day.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, I’m certainly not vaguely making fun or your choices even though I don’t know what they are just because. I would never do that.

Ohh. So you're just assuming I made awful choices and mocking me for it baselessly. Gotcha.

Oh fuck my life but you're right tho, you're so fucking right, there was that one thing, shit I hated that, I fucking hated that, why did you remind me of that Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

…but how is it that it’s always me playing the games with choices while you know everything that happens?

Hey, with one of my irl friends it's always the inverse situation. I suppose I just wanted to know what it feels like.

Just now, Sooks said:

One day this needs to be reversed. One day.

Heh! Sure. You just go ahead and find a good choice-based game before I can.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh fuck my life but you're right tho, you're so fucking right, there was that one thing, shit I hated that, I fucking hated that, why did you remind me of that Sooks

And I am for sure not going to do that thing. Definitely.

Heh! Sure. You just go ahead and find a good choice-based game before I can.

B-but there’s only two of those and you know them both…

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And I am for sure not going to do that thing. Definitely.

I so look forward to the moment you get to that part. It's going to be great.

...Actually, no, I'm going to sympathize too much for it to be great. God, that part is awful.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

B-but there’s only two of those and you know them both…

...Unfortunate, isn't it.

Clearly the answer is we must force developers to make better choice-based games.

I so look forward to the moment you get to that part. It's going to be great.

...Actually, no, I'm going to sympathize too much for it to be great. God, that part is awful.

Don’t act like there’s no chance of me making a good choice..

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If you want good choice based games read Visual Novels

I mean, anime tropes tho

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t act like there’s no chance of my making a good choice..

All right.

What, expecting me to backtrack in the "invisible" text? Nope. The chance is there. It's not high, but it's there.