Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

says the biggest Fates fan in the thread

You know full well I don't think the story is good. "So bad it's good" works if I'm looking for good gameplay first and foremost. It would... Probably still work for a few laughs if I'm looking for good story, but I'd rather have something unironically good if I'm looking for story. I do not like anime tropes.

Now go and find me a VN without dumb anime tropes. Chop-chop, time's a-wasting.

• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What, expecting me to backtrack in the "invisible" text? Nope. The chance is there. It's not high, but it's there.

How dare you. I don’t even know what the first part means, but how dare you.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know full well I don't think the story is good. "So bad it's good" works if I'm looking for good gameplay first and foremost. It would... Probably still work for a few laughs if I'm looking for good story, but I'd rather have something unironically good if I'm looking for story. I do not like anime tropes.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why are there so many videos like these? How many cats were in the Vietnam war!?

You never heard  the United States's Communist Air-bombardment Targeting system? It is well known that cats hate making life easy for humans. So cats loaded into bombs, and given a modicum of protection against the effects of large g-forces and kabooms, will always redirect the bombs they've been loaded into with small glass windows from which to see the ground below, towards humans. The humans struck, are guaranteed to be communists, and not innocent civilians, because cats are well known for their loyalty to humanity, including the proliferation of the American Way of Life and Freedom abroad.

After a few casualties resulting from the feline-protection systems failing, the operation came to an end a few weeks earlier than expect. Those who made the ardent sacrifice were buried  next to their WWII bomber companions who had been dropped on Japanese battleships, and the heroic tabby who willing became a covert agent spying on the Russians in Operation Acoustic Kitty -only to be ran over on their first mission.

No, I'm not joking about plans for WWII cat bombs, nor the failure of Acoustic Kitty. Those were real.

Those were interesting times.

I'm also reminded that the Soviets had their anti-tank dogs. Dogs trained to run under tanks while carrying a bomb. First they tried to train them to release the bomb then run back... which was then shifted to have the bomb detonate once the dog reached the tank. Results varied. Still, demand shifted more to mine-seeking and supply-delivery. Program wasn't fully scrapped until the 1990's.

Still, there are some records the dogs did managed to bomb some German tanks. So... operation half-succesful?

Also, reports also say this backfired too, since the dogs were trained to run under the Soviet tanks, and not German tanks, thanks to different fuel usage. You can guess how bad that backfired.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The humans struck, are guaranteed to be communists, and not innocent civilians, because cats are well known for their loyalty to humanity, including the proliferation of the American Way of Life and Freedom abroad.

If it wasn't for the assumption cats actually cared about any human societal structure, I would think this was actually something someone thought might work and thus plans were started because the military-industrial complex and US R&D is full of strange stories.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, there are some records the dogs did managed to bomb some German tanks. So... operation half-succesful?

See, I remember it not quite working for some of them because they were trained on Russian tanks. So where did they go once deployed, you can guess.

Edited by Dayni

Just now, Dayni said:

See, I remember it not quite working for some of them because they were trained on Russian tanks. So where did they go once deployed, you can guess.

Yeah, that happened too.

Also that some dogs would not drop the bombs and instead take them back to the Soviet trenches... you can also guess what happened next.

Well, finished it. The last stretch was incredibly boring so I hacked a few rare candies. Only casualty in the League was Kefka, who sacrificed himself to paralyze Diantha's Goodra. I'll never do this again.

HUP1sdI.pngW1kQSp2.png

Reze MVP.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81MGKtXpdRL.jpg

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Read Muv-Luv.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Well, finished it. The last stretch was incredibly boring so I hacked a few rare candies. Only casualty in the League was Kefka, who sacrificed himself to paralyze Diantha's Goodra. I'll never do this again.

Muddy Water did that much to car keys?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why would you ignore the character customization? That’s one of the best parts of those games!

Money, I suspect.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If it wasn't for the assumption cats actually cared about any human societal structure, I would think this was actually something someone thought might work and thus plans were started because the military-industrial complex and US R&D is full of strange stories.

The one very old half-decent History Channel documentary contained the "lets use cats in bombs on the Pacific theatre, b/c cats hate water and will aim for Japanese ships as they fall", which seems like what you mean. So too were the Soviet anti-tank dogs, the nuclear landmines for the Cold War West-East Germany border warmed by chickens, WWII pigeon-guided torpedoes, and bat incendiary bombs (because it's too hard razing Japan to the ground with conventional firebombs). -Groupthink, combined with military desperation for any kind of new and possibly revolutionary weapon, can be a terrible thing.

Fire pheasants (take a fruit, remove the pit, fill the pit with gunpowder, tie fruit to bird, light the fruit, let the bird be free to fly over enemy walls and set their city ablaze) were a Chinese idea however, back in the earliest days when gunpowder was more an incendiary than an explosive. Fire oxen was another idea from the time- take an ox, attach a wagon loaded with incendiary compounds behind them, light it up and set them free. The flames ought to make the ox run panicked into the enemy ranks, disrupting their order on the battlefield.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How dare you. I don’t even know what the first part means, but how dare you.

You gonn make me explain the joke?

Fine, I'll explain the joke.

With the first part, I was pointing out that the reader, upon finding the invisible text, would expect me to say the opposite of what I was saying in the "visible" text. "Backtracking" from my former statement, as it were. However, I would do no such thing.

...You know, until I did.

You made me explain the joke.

I suggest you feel proud of yourself.

38 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I... I specifically asked for a nom-heretic VN tho... What is there to forgive? I've done nothing forgivable! I've only done good things!

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You never heard  the United States's Communist Air-bombardment Targeting system? It is well known that cats hate making life easy for humans. So cats loaded into bombs, and given a modicum of protection against the effects of large g-forces and kabooms, will always redirect the bombs they've been loaded into with small glass windows from which to see the ground below, towards humans. The humans struck, are guaranteed to be communists, and not innocent civilians, because cats are well known for their loyalty to humanity, including the proliferation of the American Way of Life and Freedom abroad.

After a few casualties resulting from the feline-protection systems failing, the operation came to an end a few weeks earlier than expect. Those who made the ardent sacrifice were buried  next to their WWII bomber companions who had been dropped on Japanese battleships, and the heroic tabby who willing became a covert agent spying on the Russians in Operation Acoustic Kitty -only to be ran over on their first mission.

I wanna see an anime of this.

No, I'm not joking about plans for WWII cat bombs, nor the failure of Acoustic Kitty. Those were real.

...oh, what the absolute-- humanity?! Hello?! Why would you even consider that?!

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, reports also say this backfired too, since the dogs were trained to run under the Soviet tanks, and not German tanks, thanks to different fuel usage. You can guess how bad that backfired.

Oof.

Guess you can call that karma for trying to pull innocent animals into dumb human war. But the poor dogs...

24 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Read Muv-Luv.

Well.

Coming from you and with such a name I can only expect Shakespeare.

Go ahead though, give me a synopsys. Let's see how right my hunch is.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

pfffft

Very right, judging from this reaction from another of the troublesome individuals.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Small Brain: *Use animals for warfare*

Big Brain: *animals are the soldiers*

The first event of my animal kingdom playthough. I see slavery has already  started.: CrusaderKings

Dogs are also actual characters in CK2 Animal Kingdoms. Talk about awkward... or just slavery.

And what, should it have been hunting human?

(Also, the animals are the commanders. This should be fine. Promise.)

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And what, should it have been hunting human?

(Also, the animals are the commanders. This should be fine. Promise.)

Not if the provinces are Animal cultures too.

I mean, even if not, you still have the retinues.

Cat
  • Cat
Light infantry.png
210 136 2.925 0.24375 +200% Light Infantry Offense
+25% Light Infantry Morale

Cats are Light Infantry, for example.

Here's some survivors and the casualties. Legendaries were banned. Now I'll probably nuzlocke AS. Torchic or Mudkip?

1aLKpe8.pngJev4wFa.png

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

pfffft

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/315/963/294.jpg

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Go ahead though, give me a synopsys. Let's see how right my hunch is.

I already told when we were talking about Awakening.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, Ghost_06_ said:

Have you heard of Muv-Luv? It is a VN that initially presents itself as a light-hearted romantic comedy in Muv-Luv Extra, but changes into an alternate timeline coming-of-age story in Muv-Luv Unlimited, and then into an alien invasion war epic. The game basically forces you to play the romantic comedy, because then when the shit hits the fan and everyone starts to die, you start to miss the simplest times. This may be oversimplification, but I believe that was the goal of the devs when they made the game. Of course, if you don't like that sense or think it wasn't done well, that's okay, each one has their own type of story that they usually like.

It goes like this: Muv-Luv Extra -----> Muv-Luv Unlimited -----> Muv-Luv Alternative.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why would you ignore the character customization? That’s one of the best parts of those games!

But I DID use character customization. Now the FeMC has bangs!

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Money, I suspect.

Nah, I just didn't want to waste my time.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Muddy Water did that much to car keys?

Fire Blast.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Small Brain: *Use animals for warfare*

Big Brain: *animals are the soldiers*

The first event of my animal kingdom playthough. I see slavery has already  started.: CrusaderKings

Dogs are also actual characters in CK2 Animal Kingdoms. Talk about awkward... or just slavery.

I wonder if the Glitterhoof or the bear event still happens in Animal Kingdom.

10 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Now I'll probably nuzlocke AS. Torchic or Mudkip?

Treecko.

10 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

1aLKpe8.png

…wait how did you get a Froakie before the post game if you have Chestnaught?

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Treecko.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/839/f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…wait how did you get a Froakie before the post game if you have Chestnaught?

Shauna. I'm already in the post game.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Fire Blast.

Of course.

One time you want a lower accuracy move to miss too.....

27 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Torchic or Mudkip?

The meme line.

Also, you hating Treecko is just harsh man.

I feel like I can beat Teyul Menas either tomorrow or by Monday. At least if the first strategy I found works. Otherwise... well, still on track for the backup I found, but also need Velvet at max level.

... still need to find a good strategy against Chaos that I can afford to do.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

That’s kinda my problem with the music so far, or why it’s getting on my nerves. Like, considering the aesthetic of the game and what it actually is, I get it, I’m pretty sure, I know why it’s like this, but it can still get on my nerves.

Music that gets on my nerves is a really good way to ruin a game tbh. Maybe not to unplayay levels but if I have to hear music I find grating all the time, that's a problem.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

If you want good choice based games read Visual Novels

Well I wouldn't call Visual Novels "games" unless there's an actual gameplay component to them. Like Professor Layton. Or 13 Sentinels.