Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The meme line.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/221/Heard_some_things.png

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See, Swampert I would understand. I would even agree with. But Treecko?

I'm already sick of Treecko.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Music that gets on my nerves is a really good way to ruin a game tbh. Maybe not to unplayay levels but if I have to hear music I find grating all the time, that's a problem.

Well, considering what Omori is… I’m pretty sure you don’t want the sound turned off.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bad music eh?

Can be really game ruiners for me

And is in some cases

You can’t escape it, Shrimpy.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Music that gets on my nerves is a really good way to ruin a game tbh. Maybe not to unplayay levels but if I have to hear music I find grating all the time, that's a problem.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bad music eh?

Can be really game ruiners for me

And is in some cases

Keep in mind Sooks is talking about the game that has this.

Yes, it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm popping up out of nowhere to defend Omori even though I wasn't even quoted or mentioned. Do not underestimate the power of love. Uh, for a videogame.

Music is always the least important factor. You can always turn off the volume and/or listen other things while playing.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can’t escape it, Shrimpy.

Stahp

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Music is always the least important factor. You can always turn off the volume and/or listen other things while playing.

Music is much more important than graphics for me. And in some rare cases, might be more important than Story even lol.

Music makes me try games, and makes me love them.

Well,  i can usually mod it if it's bad, but i will still be super annoyed

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

…okay, fine, you win.

But I’m pretty much entirely talking about the overworld music.

Which of course I can’t find for where I am, but I won’t wade too far into the soundtrack, just in case.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ruben Yandere for Omori confirmed?

Reuben anime arc wild

It’s not anime. At least, I’m pretty sure it’s not.

But there’s been at least two anime tropes so far, so we can bully Ruben for it anyway.

Edited by Sooks

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Music is much more important than graphics for me. And in some rare cases, might be more important than Story even lol.

Music makes me try games, and makes me love them.

Well,  i can usually mod it if it's bad, but i will still be super annoyed

True words. I agree with this 100% i hate bad soundtracks.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Doesn't have to be made by a japanese to be anime. There's alot of japanese inspired western games

I mean, it has traditional JRPG gameplay, but the story is definitely not traditional and the artstyle doesn’t really count so… what then? It is inspired by old anime games, does that make it anime? What is anime then?

Anime is one of those terms that have more than one meaning, depending on who is using it.

Strictly speaking, Anime is "Animation made in Japan / by a Japanese", regardless of the animation style. So even 3D animation can be Anime. Anime is the shortening of the way the Japanese pronounce the word Animation. That said, it doesn't stop people from using the term as "made or inspired by animation made in Japan", while also trying to apply it to certain animation visuals, styles, methods, etc.

A good example of this is Avatar - The Last Airbender. People say it's anime-inspired, or "western anime". Is it true? By the impersonal definition of the word, maybe. By the actual one? Nope. AtlA was made by three different Korean animation studios. Thus, it's not anime, but instead "hanguk aeni", which is the term for Korean based animation.

Of course, you're free to choose either definition of the word.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say music is an amplifier. With games, I like to have the context with my music. I can acknowledge something is technically good by itself, but it kicks it into highest gear if I understand the people, world, and situations behind it. Considering most game tunes lack for the words, it other things that become the lyrics, so to speak.

I can't remember the last instance of bad music I've encountered though. Inoffensively unmemorable, or overplayed, but not bad.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Doesn't have to be made by a japanese to be anime. There's alot of japanese inspired western games

True. I remember a DS JRPG called Black Sigil that was very clearly inspired by the 16-bit classics, but was made in Canada.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, it has traditional JRPG gameplay, but the story is definitely not traditional and the artstyle doesn’t really count so… what then? It is inspired by old anime games, does that make it anime? What is anime then?

In the world of food, we have things like Tex-Mex and *Insert Continent/County* Fusion cuisine, why not carry it over into gaming. Call it a Nip-Am game, or a "Japanese-inspired" game is succinct enough. Treat it like currywurst.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't remember the last instance of bad music I've encountered though. Inoffensively unmemorable, or overplayed, but not bad.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don't wanna post Bees and chickens.

I wanna erase them from my mind optimally, but as a former Trails fan i have to live with the curse knowing that the games don't get anything right anymore. Not even music. Which is how i got into Trails in the first place

😞

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know you said you didn’t want to post it, but can I ask what you’re talking about?

🐔

As for bees there are too many bees to count and i don't wanna go through the hellhole of Trails again. I am happier when i leave it behind tyvm

"Listen to my story. This...may be our last chance."

Edited by Ghost_06_