• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Do let us know if hell's as hot/cold as has been claimed.

Both. Buddhism's Narakas number eight hot and eight cold (hell in Buddhism is temporary, lasting until you've been punished enough before your next reincarnation). The Dantean concept has both flames and ice too, depends on the circle and subsection of the circle.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sorry, right now my money is all going to SRW 30.

Less than a month to go! Please sell well abroad.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Trials of Mana's 50% off.

Reminder of my opinion of the game.

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

I think the collection is a better value, and I'm not super convinced the remake is better than the original. but still a good experience worth trying.

No offense to the SNES/SF version, but if my experience with Secret of Mana was anything to go by, I'd say I can't go back to the original. It would be too many menus and pause times, not enough Action for an "Action RPG". Spellcasting still has menu issues in the Trials remake, but overall the game wasn't as slow as SoM. That more than compensates for ToM 3D being sorta generic and simple action.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Persona was a mistake for what it did to the genre

Modern Persona (Persona 3 and beyond). Old Persona had no real dating elements, no Social Links/Confidants at all. You could choose to have Tatsuya confess to loving Lisa, Maya, or a very pretty man, but it had no impact outside of the one minor scene in Innocent Sin. And then Eternal Punishment undid the choice by declaring Tatsuya had feelings for Maya all along. (Eternal Punishment is even weirder in that there is only one teenager in the cast of 5-7ish playables, with almost zero time spent at a high school.)

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am more into Tsukihime than Melty xD

Has your caramel been salted by the addition of Servantmon Posterboy>girl revealed today? I've seen a few anti-FGO cynics criticize the move.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

nd then Eternal Punishment undid the choice by declaring Tatsuya had feelings for Maya all along

ahahah nullifying choices

Greaat...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Has your caramel been salted by the addition of Servantmon Posterboy>girl revealed today? I've seen a few anti-FGO cynics criticize the move.

yeah i am not a fan of the move either. Or Tsuki getting ''Fate'zied''

But eh, since i am not that into melty i don't really care.

Carnival Phantasm is the original ''Crossover'' and the best one 😛

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing could have made him saltier than them not bringing back Nrvnqsr. :v

So when bosses die in iX 2, they:

get sliced in half

their "skin" disintegrates

and then they blow up

Talk about brutal.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Suddenly... flying through the skies of SR388... Proteus Ridley appears!

And bringing with him probably the best rendition of his theme that isn't the Ultimate remix.

Banger

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ahahah nullifying choices

Greaat...

Well, they did have chemistry in Innocent Sin, more I'd say than LisaxTatsuya (Pretty BoyxTatsuya actually has more than than Lisa I'd say). And Maya is basically the main heroine of Persona 2 (definitely more important than Lisa, who is still important), so it's not like it came out of nowhere.  The decision to run with Maya as the pick seems to have been done for the sake of a scene near the end of Eternal Punishment, where the villain tries to create a squabble between Tatsuya and his brother older brother Katsuya, who also has feelings for Maya. 

In the end, it doesn't matter, as Maya for reasons chose to break off romance with both of the Suou brothers. Likewise, Tatsuya ends up with nobody.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

more I'd say than LisaxTatsuya (Pretty BoyxTatsuya actually has more than than Lisa I'd say).

Ask Persona — Fuuka's Christmas Corner: Day 7

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Evening, all! That was a very fun race.

Holy crow, five pages? What did I miss?

five pages seem like a slow/normal day from some of my memories of other FFTF chat threads tbh

19 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ask Persona — Fuuka's Christmas Corner: Day 7

P2-Errors-of-Their-Youth.jpg

No idea why they'd name a CD that.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not many games have that kind of guts anymore. It's all leaving stuff open-ended or say it's all canon due to surprise multiverse.

Games were better back in the day.

Except no, because I don't have to play Modern Persona to realize it simply has to be less clunky than the old stuff. -Though P2 did have Fusion Spells, that's a neat idea that got dropped later. And everyone in P1 & 2 could use almost any Persona with varying degrees of capability, no "I'm super special" Wild Card stuff with the MCs. Limiting the heroes to five and being able to use all of them together in every battle in P2 was interesting too. P1 tried, however unsuccessfully, a grid concept as well. But it's allllllll weighed down with clunk.

Literally how am I supposed to beat the enforcers fight? You just get bombarded with the stupid size status every turn and while that is manageable through the power of La Curia, the bosses are so fast that you can’t really deal with that and fight at the same. Like you’d occasionally get opportunities but I don’t see a way through this that doesn’t take 5 hours.

Well it’s late so I will leave it for tomorrow.

Spoiler

What does Renne say here, anyway? I mean she’s definitely gotta have dialogue here.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hehehehe, La Curia...

Pulled straight from the game’s spell list.

It adds “La” to AoE spells, btw, so teara is single target, la teara is AoE, curia is single target, etc.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Literally how am I supposed to beat the enforcers fight? Yo

Ayy my fav. Boss fight in existence!

Pro Tip: you can debuff them

Pro Tip 2: Grail Sphere

Pro Tip 3: Dark Matter Ex + mov debuff

Pro Tip 4: Cast 3 on kevin

Pro Tip 5: Schera AT-advance could help

Pro Tip 6: Have fun Ü

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy my fav. Boss fight in existence!

Pro Tip: you can debuff them