Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Why does Tales of Arise have armor on generic mobs!? This is annoying as all hell, honestly.

Ngl, the sheer amount of armored enemies getting thrown at you brought down one of the later dungeons for me.

'Twas a lengthy dungeon too, so it didn't help.

They're just a pain to fight in general.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

My faith and zeal keep its corrupting influence at bay!

Isn't how it goes. The one who most claims, is the one who is most what they deny. That zealotry could also be its own form of madness.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Why does Tales of Arise have armor on generic mobs!? This is annoying as all hell, honestly.

See, you're supposed to use Law's Burst there.

Problem is it doesn't really work with bigger enemies and bosses.

(Also Burst charge rates are like super inconsistent now that I'm thinking about it).

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Twas a lengthy dungeon too, so it didn't help.

Just wait until you reach the final dungeon.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also enemy overdrive ignoring weakness was really really dumb

I can thankfully say this didn't really happen to me.

Maybe because I was playing on easy mode.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

You and me getting ready to defend Revelation

Untitled-3.png?width=329&height=432

Hahahahahahah... Okay that's just amazing.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish JRPGs followed VNs instead when it comes to Waifubando choices

I wish JRPGs killed off the waifubandos for dramatic effect. Now that would appeal to me.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

I actually wasn’t the biggest Joshua fan in the beginning either. I didn’t absolutely despise him but because of him being amazing at everything (or so I thought) I found him pretty boring.

I didn't hate him for being amazing at everything either, I hated him for being an insufferable, condescending dick to Estelle even in the moments when she did good.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

The fact that Ruben is Gimli brings this whole thing together.

I'm not at all familiar with Lord of the Rings, but I can definitely appreciate that I was made into the grumpy dwarf with a beard. I mean, I'm actually pretty tall, but otherwise? Perfect.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

It would actually be blasphemy if i didn't make Ruben Gimli.

Damn straight it woulda been.

11 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

See, I knew you would agree.

Uh... I mean, in a way, I suppose. But only in the same way that we agree that Awakening is great, so uh... does it really count?

11 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Good boy. I hope you're on the way for character development!

Eh. I dunno. I rather like enjoying myself when I play videogames.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

sytxj4neyfq71.jpg

What's with Japan and its obsession with maids, anyway...?

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hehehehe, La Curia...

I'm still waiting for "La Concha" to pop up in Trails somewhere so we can achieve peak multicultural unawareness.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Oh yeah Rean 2.0

My condolences.

So I was reading the guy's tweets about Kuro's story and

Spoiler

Calvard really was the United States this whole time.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wish JRPGs killed off the waifubandos for dramatic effect. Now that would appeal to me.

SMT.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

See, you're supposed to use Law's Burst there.

Problem is it doesn't really work with bigger enemies and bosses.

(Also Burst charge rates are like super inconsistent now that I'm thinking about it).

The thing is that its accuracy is shaky (he has missed wasy too often) and is shouldnt have to play a battle out one way either way. What is the point of other options if you face enemy types the same way all the time? 

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, the sheer amount of armored enemies getting thrown at you brought down one of the later dungeons for me.

'Twas a lengthy dungeon too, so it didn't help.

They're just a pain to fight in general.

Yes! Exactly! 

Then there's the matter of the damage floor: without using the boost breaks: I noticed im dealing around 100 damage average. Against enemies with 60,000 hp? Really?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The thing is that its accuracy is shaky (he has missed wasy too often)

The lock-on is fairly generous on my end. Can't say I've missed too many Bursts.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What is the point of other options if you face enemy types the same way all the time? 

I used literally all of them. Every Burst has it's use.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

without using the boost breaks: I noticed im dealing around 100 damage average. Against enemies with 60,000 hp? Really?

"Without using the thing I'm supposed to be using"

Also it's really just bosses and big boys that have that high HP. And I agree, HP bulk is definitely a problem.

At least it's not Ys 7. You think Arise bulk is bad? hoooooo boy.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The lock-on is fairly generous on my end. Can't say I've missed too many Bursts.

I used literally all of them. Every Burst has it's use.

"Without using the thing I'm supposed to be using"

Also it's really just bosses and big boys that have that high HP. And I agree, HP bulk is definitely a problem.

At least it's not Ys 7. You think Arise bulk is bad? hoooooo boy.

i mean, he literally jumps past the enemy and misses for unexplained reasons, it's annoying.

Not... really what i meant. The whole "core" is pointless since that's they only way you ever wanna kill enemies. Comboes are nothing compared to a free kill, really.

What if i don't want to use the same option every battle? As the player, shouldn't i have that choice? Well, too bad, Arise doesn't give you that choice unless you wanna be there for 15 minutes every fight.

Nothing will ever compare to FF X in this regard to me, lmao.

I spent all of 11-main getting Christine to almost a level before each turn save, then rigging a level where she got weapon skill points. It took some doing, but I was able to get her from 16 on both to 20 on both by the end of the map. I also got Esteban to level 15, just barely.

Foccgzva o

Talk about a close shave, though. Christine got to 19 crossbow level softening up that crossbowman, then she levelled up to 20 upon killing him and was able to canto just outside the lancer swarm's range.

Unfortunately, Esteban wasn't so lucky. Getting him to level 15 before the end of the map required having him dodging an arrow from the one horseman, hitting him back, then climbing the hill to finish him off. I made it happen safely, but...

Ba47oubo o

He was left behind and captured. Oof.

On a brighter note, I was actually able to use Owen's quirk to my advantage here. At the end of turn 20, Christine and Esteban were both in range of the lance knight swarm. Whichever I moved first on turn 21, the other would inevitably die. However, Owen could use his escape orb to whisk Christine away, and since he turned red the next turn, he was completely safe from the swarm. Now that's awesome.

Would've preferred to have Esteban escape instead, because Christine with her horse could've outran the lancers to the escape point, but Estie was just one hex away from Owen's reach. Shame. Still, mistakes and all, that's two promotions obtained pretty late. I'm happy enough, I'm fine with forking over the 2500 denarii to get Estie back.

So uh, yeah. Longer Berwick post than usual, but that strat was so unconventional I just had to share it for anybody who cares. The things I have to do to promote characters in this game...

I've been thinking about this but with Kraid's return in Dread, I'm hoping he gets an actually cool boss theme and not.....whatever the fuck he got in Super and Zero Mission. Cause like

This is not music. Please Dread, give the Kaiju an actually good song.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Apparently I have to clear the hardest level of Campanella’s trivia quiz. Fun…

Remember Sooks. When it's quiz time in a game, pause and just look up the answers.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not... really what i meant. The whole "core" is pointless since that's they only way you ever wanna kill enemies. Comboes are nothing compared to a free kill, really.

But you have to combo to get that in the first place.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What if i don't want to use the same option every battle?

But you aren't.

At least I never felt like was being restricted in my choices anyway.

https://preview.redd.it/sazdmm8wrjq71.png?width=1255&format=png&auto=webp&s=6e3b1f6a3bfa31cd92515b49b1bd3e7ddb4704fc

Warms my heart🥰

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... I mean, in a way, I suppose. But only in the same way that we agree that Awakening is great, so uh... does it really count?

I as being sarcastic

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's with Japan and its obsession with maids, anyway...?

Meidos are za bestos

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nothing will ever compare to FF X in this regard to me, lmao.

Kino

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that's easy

really easy honestly

I mean, maybe, but like the arena, you have to do multiple quizzes in a row to get to the hardest one.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

pause

You can’t, I’m pretty sure.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, maybe, but like the arena, you have to do multiple quizzes in a row to get to the hardest one

the whole quiz takes like 5 min tops

It's real easy

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You can’t, I’m pretty sure.

have the answers ready on your mobile if you need to look it up