Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If the "old timeline' is being considered "bad" this time, then undoing Aerith's death would be the number one fix. However, since it is being so anticipated this girl, who likely wouldn't be as popular were it not for going goodbye forever, will live this time, it'd be as dramatic as ever in a way if Nomura had the boldness to send her prematurely off into the Lifestream again. Years and years of hype will have been building up when he gets to it.

I remember once reading that Aerith may have originally suppose to die at the Northern Crater, and not at the Forgotten Capital. It'd be interesting if they pull a double-whammy with that. Like, surprise, she really isn't dying... no wait, jokes on you, she is still dying for real.

I mean, Aerith living would be quite the big shift in the plot, since ultimately Meteor was only stopped because Aerith commanded Holy and the Lifestream when she was, well, within the Lifestream itself. It'd be quite the wild ride to change all that to accommodate her survival if it happens. Unless they also don't use Meteor this time around... another big shift.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember once reading that Aerith may have originally suppose to die at the Northern Crater, and not at the Forgotten Capital. It'd be interesting if they pull a double-whammy with that. Like, surprise, she really isn't dying... no wait, jokes on you, she is still dying for real.

I mean, Aerith living would be quite the big shift in the plot, since ultimately Meteor was only stopped because Aerith commanded Holy and the Lifestream when she was, well, within the Lifestream itself. It'd be quite the wild ride to change all that to accommodate her survival if it happens. Unless they also don't use Meteor this time around... another big shift.

Aerith will survive and summoning Holy will be 10x easier

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Aerith will survive and summoning Holy will be 10x easier

The problem wasn't summoning Holy, Aerith still pulled it off just before dying. The problem was that Sephiroth kept the power of Holy suppressed within the Northern Crater, thus unable to go out and stop Meteor. However, Holy alone wasn't enough. Aerith then commanded the Lifestream to aid Holy. However, she could only do this because she had died and was now part of the Lifestream. Having Cetra blood, she could retain her consciousness instead of melding into the Instrumentality Green Tang Lifestream itself and have her soul recycled, and thus able to save the day at the eleventh hour.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meteor was the Amano title artwork, to do without it would be strange. It changed the skyline and overworld music.

We don't know if Aerith couldn't have casted Holy without dying. She was trying at least.

Ultimately, the Meteor is naught but the means by which Sephy boy carries out his final act of evil. If Meteor would be thrown to the wayside, it'd be because Sephiroth is more important than a hunk of space rock and the game would overemphasize this.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aerith then commanded the Lifestream to aid Holy. However, she could only do this because she had died and was now part of the Lifestream.

Considering Sephiroth and Cloud survived dips in the Lifestream. It's not impossible Aerith, the special girl who deserves a good outcome, could take a bath in the Underground Shamrock Shake and could back out a few hours/days later perfectly alive and normal. If she had to. Cetra DNA > Alien DNA when it comes to tapping into the magic power of the planet, simple but feasible logic.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The problem wasn't summoning Holy, Aerith still pulled it off just before dying. The problem was that Sephiroth kept the power of Holy suppressed within the Northern Crater, thus unable to go out and stop Meteor. However, Holy alone wasn't enough. Aerith then commanded the Lifestream to aid Holy. However, she could only do this because she had died and was now part of the Lifestream. Having Cetra blood, she could retain her consciousness instead of melding into the Instrumentality Green Tang Lifestream itself and have her soul recycled, and thus able to save the day at the eleventh hour.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering Sephiroth and Cloud survived dips in the Lifestream. It's not impossible Aerith, the special girl who deserves a good outcome, could take a bath in the Underground Shamrock Shake and could back out a few hours/days later perfectly alive and normal. If she had to. Cetra DNA > Alien DNA when it comes to tapping into the magic power of the planet, simple but feasible logic.

Tetsuya Nomura não será o diretor das próximas partes de Final Fantasy VII  Remake - Drops de Jogos

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ffs

Why do these games always make me lose my temper so much.

That what happens when you hate a series you once loved like your own children, i suppose

As someone who used to love Pokemon with all my heart, it is possible to move on.

38 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

>mfw

anger_2019_08_02_06_02_52_UTC.jpg

Once again, this isn't even bad.

I gotta be honest Twilit, i feel like you kinda just piggybacked off of Shrimpy's opinion on the current state of Trails. If i'm completely wrong, i'll accept it but it doesn't feel like you made your opinion yours. You get what i'm saying?

Again, i apologize if i'm completely wrong on this and i don't mean any hard feelings but this is like the vibe i'm getting.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

3000 for an Orange Gel

Oh, I see what you mean about a terrible economy. Never seen one so expensive in Tales before. I forget the usual price, but I'm sure Lemon and Pineapple Gels cost less than 2000 apiece normally

Yeah, everything costs way too much and your income in Arise is like actually pathetic.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ultimately, the Meteor is naught but the means by which Sephy boy carries out his final act of evil. If Meteor would be thrown to the wayside, it'd be because Sephiroth is more important than a hunk of space rock and the game would overemphasize this.

Considering how the final battle of 7R goes, i feel like the actual final confrontation with Sephiroth wouldn't be like, as impactful.

Needing to install physical games is cringe man, this is why Nintendo is based. Cause they don't do that shit.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Everytime i move on something pulls me back in again...

But is it worth it?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Needing to install physical games is cringe man, this is why Nintendo is based. Cause they don't do that shit.

*laughs in PC gamer from the late 90s/early aughts*

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I gotta be honest Twilit, i feel like you kinda just piggybacked off of Shrimpy's opinion on the current state of Trails. If i'm completely wrong, i'll accept it but it doesn't feel like you made your opinion yours. You get what i'm saying?

nah, I get what you mean, but that's not it

I don't like the tropes and mechanics themselves. Trails is just one example, but I'd be annoyed if it was in any game (though tbf, I don't like seeing characters I've gotten attached to in Sky be part of that)

I don't think RPGs need romanceable candidates or an abundance of forced anime tropes to be any good. It's just pointless fluff.

I didn't like it in when it was used excessively in Fire Emblem, for instance

and why I appreciate games in general that don't stick crap like that in your face

that said, I have no opinion on Rean or the CS games themselves, lol. can't have an overall opinion on something I've never played, y'know.

just the specific elements included like I mentioned

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering how the final battle of 7R goes, i feel like the actual final confrontation with Sephiroth wouldn't be like, as impactful.

Not sure what you mean, I haven't watched a minute of 7R footage. 

But, it doesn't take a whole lot to make me imagine Sephiroth is being overused this time. Villains should be present throughout the plot, but how frequently they appear and in what capacity matters. The One-Winged Kabbalah was present throughout 7 original through flashbacks and brief encounters, but the only time he was ever directly fought, was in the final battle. If Dude Your Mom Ain't From Mars winds up throwing trouble at the heroes too often and fought too frequently, with heaping mounds of melodrama each time, you become desensitized to it.

Just now, Armagon said:

But only Nintendo itself. The Switch still has third-party "physical" games where the boxes contain only download codes or cards that don't have the entire games on them (the Spyro collection).

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

But only Nintendo itself. The Switch still has third-party "physical" games where the boxes contain only download codes or cards that don't have the entire games on them (the Spyro collection).

MMX collection was like, that. Or half like it, in any case. Since they insisted on releasing it as two separate games for some reason.

Especially baffling when the only interesting game on the second collection for most people is X8.

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

*laughs in PC gamer from the late 90s/early aughts*

Man you remind me of multi cd install games hahaha

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But is it worth it?

No

I am happier when i leave the series behind.

But since i play jrpgs alot, it's hard to not come in contact with Trails peeps...

especially those who i got into the games myself and who still play it lol

Or peeps i know from my time in the falcom community who i am still in contact with and we talk about other stuff but then new trails gets released and wew boy

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man you remind me of multi cd install games hahaha

or multi floppy software, though I doubt anyone here is old enough to actually remember that.

My understanding is it wasn't uncommon for software to come on 10+ floppies

sounds fun

W1f6N0Z.png

33 might

5 range

60 Uses

and my Fire Mage actually has S rank in Fire

9eYfa3v.png
VwTfoFq.png

BOI

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

or multi floppy software, though I doubt anyone here is old enough to actually remember that.

My understanding is it wasn't uncommon for software to come on 10+ floppies

sounds fun

never used that myself, but saw them haha

Edited by Shrimperor

Man, I am so glad I brought Ries to the Aster House. So much extra dialogue, and all of it good.

It’s actually kinda brining the feels which is ironic because I’m playing this to distract from the feels the homework was giving me, like teacher, why would you assign homework based on accuracy when we haven’t learned how to do half of it?