• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

gsdx-20211122065732.png

This is so awesome! I can assign any battle theme to any character or mech I want. I can give Masaki Dark Prison for a touch of irony, or the Huckebein 009 Vanishing Trooper, or do the unexpected and make enemies tremble in fear of Ryoto by giving him The Valsion. I can't believe I didn't discover this sooner, although I'm probably not going to use it very much. I'm thinking of giving Latune Cherry Blossom Phantasm later in OG2 though, when I get to that.

The fan translation is a bit iffy here, why Cybuster, God of Wind? Why use that Atlus/GBA translation, but use the Engrishy Ice Man when As Cool As Ice sounds so much better?

gsdx-20211122072801.png

This is new. I didn't actually field Katina, so it looks like battleships can now use any undeployed ally for Support Attacks.

gsdx-20211122095507.png

So this is the Armorlion. I'd heard of it, but I hadn't actually seen it. An oddity, in that it's a playable mech not found in either of the GBA OGs. Looks rather stout, but examining the specs, Ryoto's first robot design isn't half-bad. Beam Coat is lol-tier protection, and it's strongest attack has a rather low base value of 4400. And yet, 1800 base Armor with viable Mobility, and an overall alright weapon loadout. It could suffice for OG1. I actually want to give this new toy a spin.

I'd like to hand it to Tasuku, now that I see I have another viable close-range & tanky unit. But deployment slots are simply far too limited now. 13 units isn't enough. And Aya is just about to rejoin after a brief hiatus. Garnet has been benched and Rio is struggling to find room on the team. Maybe Armorlion will have to wait for the Kyosuke run, sorry Kai, but your Gespy Mk-II M ain't gonna cut it even half-upgraded for free.

gsdx-20211122081322.png

The only instance of Ingram astonished that I've seen in the entire game. What a little yoga does to you.

...My eyes are getting tired, and yet, I want to push on. I've fallen a little under the weather, at the same time as my abode has a covid occupant, so I can't help but wonder. But eh, it could be a pure coincidence. And it's only some congestion/a sore throat. These petty symptoms in a localized section of one's body that drag down the entire person, make slacking off in one's deepest pleasures feel less regretful.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Who said Team Galactic were a bad villain team?

(Some bigger glitches here)

Spoiler

It's like poetry.

Or something.

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I love how everytime i say imma go play some kinda FE i end up playing Fates instead

No but Fates is a bad FE.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Marty dodged with a 99% and saved me a reset right at the end! 

HELL YES!!!!

Kaga moment.

3 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

oxQiRAt.png
H4lQPoF.png

Hmm

who should i use. On one hand, i usually prefer Myrmidon as a class, on the other hand, Hana already dies to one dual attack if RNG is not on my side hmm...

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Who i will probably use later on anyway xD

Wonder who i should make her mother hmm

Fun fact about Revelation: Soleil can actually be really good instead of the most meh unit in the game! Hana!Soleil was very good when I used her as a swordmaster (iirc) (if you let yourself grind the support itself, because otherwise lol Laslow in vanilla Rev, but you won’t have to worry about that with a balance patch), so I recommend it a lot. Making my answer use Hana to get Soleil later.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact about Revelation: Soleil can actually be really good instead of the most meh unit in the game! Hana!Soleil was very good when I used her as a swordmaster (iirc) (if you let yourself grind the support itself, because otherwise lol Laslow in vanilla Rev, but you won’t have to worry about that with a balance patch), so I recommend it a lot. Making my answer use Hana to get Soleil later.

You know the best thing about Soleil, though?

...You can get Zhara in her paralogue--

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but Fates is a bad FE.

You see, It has a super bad story hence bad FE!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact about Revelation: Soleil can actually be really good instead of the most meh unit in the game!

ermmm

My Soleil in my Conquest Ironman a few years ago was great

But yeah i am thinking about a Hana!Soleil as well. Passing Down Myrm/Swordmaster skills and maybe ninja stuff from Laslow and if i can get both Axe and Shurikenbreaker it would be amazing

Edited by Shrimp γ

Oh my God, I beat the Eye of Cthulu while I was one hit away from death and it was charging straight at me for the killing blow. Shot an arrow right in its epiglottis just in time. How cinematic. I'd completely forgotten the damn thing starts spamming the charge move when it's close to death... Though maybe that's an expert difficulty addition.

Also I found a girl who sells beards. The love of my life?

Osunnnvf o

I mean, I'm not sure what need my character has for a second beard, and it's extremely expensive for what it is, but...

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

You see, It has a super bad story hence bad FE!

No story with Garon in it can be called bad

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

ermmm

I think he's talking like that because it's impressive for a non-royal in Rev to be good, not because Soleil herself is bad or anything.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I found a girl who sells beards. The love of my life?

Clearly know the way to your heart's through the facial hair.

Ladies and gentlemen.

I am in Hell.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Clearly know the way to your heart's through the facial hair.

Pffft.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It was more of a "I jumped out of my seat in excitement" kinda moment, actually.

I DID NOT wanna have to restart that.

A 99 save. Now that's the kind of thing one loves to see.

Reminds me of the time Felicia missed a 99 and caused a death. I also jumped out of my seat then.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

But the question remains, where'd she get the beard?

Hey, I don't think I've seen you around here before. Welcome!

Considering where I found her... It's probably made of cobweb and spider excrement. But a beard's a beard, I suppose.

39 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

ermmm

What manner of sorcery is this? Did you give her Camilla or something?

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think he's talking like that because it's impressive for a non-royal in Rev to be good, not because Soleil herself is bad or anything.

For me Soleil has always been the most meh character in the game, she’s so okay in every aspect that she is pretty mediocre.

Whether or not someone is good in Rev just depends on whether or not the devs felt like trying to balance the game that day, ex. Shura and Nyx.

Edited by Sooks

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I don't think I've seen you around here before. Welcome!

Oh, thanks! Technically I joined back in March 2020 but couldn't stick around due to personal things happening in my life. But now I'm back! And I'm excited to...talk about Fire Emblem I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Considering where I found her... It's probably made of cobweb and spider excrement. But a beard's a beard, I suppose.

Oooh, best check it incase it had little baby spiders hiding inside.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

5fBZUT2.png

...what sorcery is this?

Pretty regular sorcery if she got Mag. Go for Malig Knight clearly.

I'd be impressed if she got Res too.

I'll ask again as I'll be a few days at this rate before trying Hinoka's map at this rate.

Should I level up Rallyman a few levels to get his class skills or should I just instantly reclass to Dark Falcon for Rally Mov?

Okay, seems adopting a more defensive strategy in AE is actually helping me out just fine. Well, so long I'm facing an enemy who only uses magic attacks, then between Milla and Anabel I can pretty much sustain the party indefinitely. Hasn't help me with everything, but at least I can do more know than just having a Slash DPS team.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For me Soleil has always been the most meh character in the game, she’s so okay in every aspect that she is pretty mediocre.

Huh. For me she's better than her dad and Selena. Then again, I haven't used her dad or Selena long term, ever...

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh, thanks! Technically I joined back in March 2020 but couldn't stick around due to personal things happening in my life. But now I'm back! And I'm excited to...talk about Fire Emblem I suppose.

Well, we do talk about more than just FE in this thread. But you're welcome to stick around!

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oooh, best check it incase it had little baby spiders hiding inside.

I haven't bought it yet. I'll be sure to check it when I do.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll ask again as I'll be a few days at this rate before trying Hinoka's map at this rate.

Should I level up Rallyman a few levels to get his class skills or should I just instantly reclass to Dark Falcon for Rally Mov?

Ultimate Rallyman is a real power-move.

I don't think I even levelled up Rallyman in my run. He has zero need for the class skills, his role is to rally all day long. I'd say go for it.