Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Did I just got a call from Florida? I didn't pick up, but still...

---

Watching AH.net lately it almost tempts me to register again in there. Well, my original account is still there, but I can no longer sign-in.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

Rev Ch19 is pretty cool

It's like a betterĀ version of the Conquest ch15 one, was it? or was it 16?

The only map i can call better than Conquest counterpart so far kek

15 kinda limits itself partly to allow Corrin to level up.

Personally I like how much tighter it can be as a result, but not by much. Still a good map in Rev, which I will savour.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The first picture shows the Happiness Zone of the Common from Blue Reflection, and the second is Eurulm, the second area you visit (and revist the most) in Nights of Azure 2! It even has the broken fountain and the church (incidentally also the area where you fight the boss that took me like 40 tries on Extreme difficulty)! Neat!~

There's more to it too. Blue Sentiment Land also features this pinkish-forest place (another one of Blue Reflection's dungeons i'm sure) while Nightless Ruined City also features the drawbridge (i'm not sure that's as noticeable tho compared to the massive cathedral at the start lol).

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Incidentally, what music played when you fought it? Was it this?

It might've been. I'll go back and check later cause i've got like 30 minutes before i clock back in. I know both areas use music from their respective games but you can't change it like you can with other areasĀ (same goes for Claudel Prairie and Westwald) so i have to go and check individually on the Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure sections of the Change BGM.

And there's actually just no Nelke music tracks in the Change BGM so i can't tell for sure what's playing in Westwald.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

TkNpYRG.jpg

Why would I not be surprised if that was an actual thing?

LN oversaturation moment.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

Honestly unless the last stretch of Rev is like, REALLY bad, it's better than like half of FE. Mainly thanks to Fates mechanics tho more than anything tho

šŸæ.

3 hours ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

Tfw only 8 deployment.

Game pls

Let me use some of the many units i get lol. Rev gives me like 50 units (not counting kids)Ā and then limits deployment to like 10 why.

Because you must use the royals and only the royals Shrimpy. That is the only point of this route.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Watching the Fates opening, I just realized I've played the entire game and I still have no idea why Azura's necklace breaks in the intro. Or why the thing exists in the first place.

Itā€™s lightly implied that it in combination with her song is what gives it special powersā€¦ and you donā€™t get anything more in detail than thatĀ because this is Fates.

Avatar exists as a vehicle to get a child unit with green hair. Didn't put much effort into the name

But youā€™re still gonna have to use said Avatar.Ā Or is the kid gonna be the main funny this time? Or a random generic, knowing Ruben.

Edited by Sooks

All right, just got back from dinner. So, marriage plans. Originally I intended to reclass Arthur to cavalier and see what happens, but I have a funnier idea: I will marry Arthur and Effie, as per usual, and then make Arthur into an axe general. Or great knight. I haven't decided yet. As for Silas, he will screw Mozu, which is all sorts of fucked up, but it must be done because I want Aptitude on Sophie so I can use her already. Girl's sucked every time I wanted her on the team, I want her to shine this time around. Elise will marry Odin because Ophelia is as throwaway as her. Those are the plans for now.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it's like the Eleanora situation. After Hector died, Eliwood became the de facto leader of Lycia. So he holds the fort while Roy and Lilina go waltzing around the continent.

I so wish they'd left Merlinus "holding the fort" instead. That guy is insufferable. You may argue he doesn't know how to lead. I would argue, that's the point. He'll lead poorly, it'll lead to a rebellion and he'll be granted a most romantic date with one Guillo T. Ine. Best ending as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck Merlinus. Worst Malledus in the series.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Likely due to Durandal.

Could've just given him Maltet. I mean, Hector already has to teleport to the Western Isles for five minutes so he can retrieve Armads and receive the Curse That Is Never Brought Up In Binding Blade. Why couldn't they do the same for Eliwood?

51 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Finding a class for a female avatar that does not look like complete crap is an exercise in futility.

Ehh I dunno, there are plenty of class designs in Fates that I like. But I know we don't agree here, so I digress.

49 minutes ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

Robin looks good

Robin and Kris are fine, design wise. Corrin's super weird, but it could work without the thigh window, I feel. Byleth's a failure of character design.

27 minutes ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

Rev Ch19 is pretty cool

It's like a betterĀ version of the Conquest ch15 one, was it? or was it 16?

The only map i can call better than Conquest counterpart so far kek

Interesting assessment. I personally thought it was the opposite, the restriction to Corrin, Azura and Gunter in the original made for a tighter map and allowed Gunter to show off for once, whereas in Rev it's just another map. Not a bad map, mind, but not all that remarkable.

Just now, Sooks said:

Because you must use the royals and only the royals Shrimpy. That is the only point of this route.

Meanwhile Ruben: B E R N D

Just now, Sooks said:

Itā€™s lightly implied that it in combination with her song is what gives it special powersā€¦ and you donā€™t get anything more in detail than thatĀ because this is Fates.

Like I said earlier: Who cares. It has nothing to do with Garon.

Just now, Sooks said:

But youā€™re still gonna have to use said Avatar.Ā Or is the kid gonna be the main funny this time?

Kana? You insult me. Kana sits with Elise in the camp of units I'm probably never going to use ever.

Just now, Sooks said:

Or a random generic, knowing Ruben.

Hahahahahaha

I already have plans to capture the shrine maiden in Haitaka's map and see what happens.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because you must use the royals and only the royals Shrimpy.

How about no

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

allowed Gunter to show off

More like be Corrin's dual guarder until Corrins gets lvl 20. That is that map for me everytime kek. A fresh breather where Corncob lvls up...

But also, like, a very much needed breather in the Mind bender that's called Conquest xD

Edited by Shrimp Ī³

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I so wish they'd left Merlinus "holding the fort" instead. That guy is insufferable. You may argue he doesn't know how to lead. I would argue, that's the point. He'll lead poorly, it'll lead to a rebellion and he'll be granted a most romantic date with one Guillo T. Ine. Best ending as far as I'm concerned.

Fuck Merlinus. Worst Malledus in the series.

For a moment I thought you meant the Baten Kaitos character.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could've just given him Maltet. I mean, Hector already has to teleport to the Western Isles for five minutes so he can retrieve Armads and receive the Curse That Is Never Brought Up In Binding Blade. Why couldn't they do the same for Eliwood?

Would be weird if neither of them got to use the weapon of their own country... and then it was Lyn who used it, despite she preferring her Sacaean side. In the Blazing Blade beta she could use Durandal, actually. Seems all Lords could, which makes sense due to carrying the blood of Roland and all that.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahaha

I already have plans to capture the shrine maiden in Haitaka's map and see what happens.

Is this the glorious return of Suzume?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kana? You insult me. Kana sits with Elise in the camp of units I'm probably never going to use ever.

Well the kid that gets green hair from Corrin will be the other one, so letā€™s see, what second genĀ units do you likeā€¦ Forrest? Wait, no, that would require you to have to see Leoā€™s confession. Even if only for a millisecond and then you skipped it, Iā€™m pretty sure you would still go intoĀ cardiac arrest anyway.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

How about no

You mean the deep andĀ emotional writing of Fire Emblem Fates hasnā€™t made you fall in love with these families and Corbinā€™s struggle with them? Smh so heartless.

Edited by Sooks

More like be Corrin's dual guarder until Corrins gets lvl 20. That is that map for me everytime kek. A fresh breather where Corncob lvls up...

I dunno, most of my Corncobs aren't so good that they can afford to take on the map on their on. Gunter is a real asset in my experience. Then again, I never leave my Corncobs in the base class. Except for the one run where she was even more nameless than the generics around her lol.

But also, like, a very much needed breather in the Mind bender that's called Conquest xD

True.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For a moment I thought you meant the Baten Kaitos character.

Ahahahahahahah

Well, no.

Would be weird if neither of them got to use the weapon of their own country... and then it was Lyn who used it, despite she preferring her Sacaean side. In the Blazing Blade beta she could use Durandal, actually. Seems all Lords could, which makes sense due to carrying the blood of Roland and all that.

Make Hector into a swordie and give Lyn axes. First female axe lord, first lance lord and Hector compensates for his swordiness with his Hector charm. There you go, now everyone's awesome.

Is this the glorious return of Suzume?

Oh that would make me so happy.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well the kid that gets green hair from Corrin will be the other one, so letā€™s see, what second genĀ units do you likeā€¦ Forrest? Wait, no, that would require you to have to see Leoā€™s confession. Even if only for a millisecond and then you skipped it, Iā€™m pretty sure you would still go intoĀ cardiac arrest anyway.

I mean, my Corncob is a buff fighter. Forrest is a precious thing. They are incompatible.

...Maybe Benny. Yeah, Benny's cool, and green Iggy would be awesome.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You mean the deep andĀ emotional writing of Fire Emblem Fates hasnā€™t made you fall in love with these families and Corbinā€™s struggle with them? Smh so heartless.

It did get me to fall in love with Xander. No character was dreamier than Xander as he cut through his little sister's liver. I laughed so fucking hard.

...Except Garon. Garon's always the best Fates waifu.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, didn't even had to click it yet to know they'd use the song. What's with it becoming part of the lore memes anyway?

You're trying to make sense of memes?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Make Hector into a swordie and give Lyn axes. First female axe lord, first lance lord and Hector compensates for his swordiness with his Hector charm. There you go, now everyone's awesome.

I think she was going to have bows as her subweapon even then anyway. Nowadays she's more associated with Mulagir, so at least that's heading away from the sword focus.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh that would make me so happy.

The Fates waifu for Ruben.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It did get me to fall in love with Xander. No character was dreamier than Xander as he cut through his little sister's liver. I laughed so fucking hard.

Falling in love with Xander is a difficult position to be in. After all, he canā€™t see anyone through that furrowed brow.

I am so funny.

Edited by Sooks

iyYHIY0.png

Got Vantage on Him, now i want to somehow get Shurikenbreaker on Nyx so i can pass Vantage/Shurikenbreaker to Ophelia

Problem with Shurikenbreaker will be Nyx spending 4 levels as a bow Knight ugh uh

4XfTpfs.png

That will be a lot of trouble šŸ¤”

This is like, my first time ever using these 2 to that extent kek

Edited by Shrimp Ī³

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think she was going to have bows as her subweapon even then anyway. Nowadays she's more associated with Mulagir, so at least that's heading away from the sword focus.

She should've been a bow wielder from the start, honestly. Just... not yet another swordie lol.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Fates waifu for Ruben.

Here's hoping the new maiden can match Suzume's epicness.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Falling in love with Xander is a difficult position to be in. After all, he canā€™t see anyone through that furrowed brow.

I am so funny.

Of course you are. Making fun of Xander and his furrowed brow is a brand of humor I approve of. Almost as much as laughing at Elise's entrails splattering all over the floor after his failure to see her running towards him.

That moment was so good, i swear. Not in the way the devs intended, but it was so good.

1 minute ago, Shrimp Ī³ said:

iyYHIY0.png

Got Vantage on Him, now i want to somehow get Shurikenbreaker on Nyx so i can pass Vantage/Shurikenbreaker to Ophelia

Problem with Shurikenbreaker will be Nyx spending 4 levels as a bow Knight ugh uh

4XfTpfs.png

That will be a lot of trouble šŸ¤”

You should've captured a generic bow knight while you still had the chance.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...that won't help any in getting Shurikenbreaker on Ophelia xD

Honestly the main reason i want it on Ophelia that much is that when next time i play Conquest i can just buy it off the Logbook and cheese Ninja Hell and make Ryoma a bit easier kek

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ludwig still good.

Hmm, well, if i can somehow get my hand on 2 Arms Scrolls it won't be so bad because then i can give her Levin Sword/Shining Bow for those 4 Levels....

I will get 2 soon, but one of them Elise really reallly really needs so she can use Bolting Lance...

Wait...

Shop lvl 3 gives me access to Arms Scroll, right?

Hmm, will be expensive, but hopefully worth it...

God fucking damnit. I want Silas and Mozu to marry as soon as possible, but Mozu is completely worthless and I need Jakob's help in chapter 8.

Guess I'll have to do it through DLC.

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ludwig still good.

Ludwig best bro

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why do I have to be in a Conquest mood now? Iā€™m halfway through Shadow Dragon.

I mean, we're all talking about Fates again.

Watching Smash while sitting on the sidelines feels strange to me. Like, its a whole different prospective from playing yourself. The pacing, the movement, its all so... Awkward when watching, haha.