Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, that was a neat little interaction where nothing of note happened.

Think I'll leave it there for now. First time I'm quitting and it's not Kurisu's fault. That's one hell of an accomplishment, this is truly getting good.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well at least now you have your eyes set on a new threat. A mighty difficult one might I add.

I could tell, heh.

Turtle armor is great but lacks the invincibility properties of Hollowed armor. Personally I would go for Hollowed armor but it really is a personal choice. You also have plenty of time to experiment on Plantera.

Yeah, the hallowed armor's invincibility is broken. I'll have to think about it.

What other weapons do you have on ya?

None. Flail all the way. I did use the anchor on a couple bosses and magic against the wall of flesh, but that's about it, really.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Not sarcasm?

I mean, kinda sarcasm. The prologue was amazing. Since then it has been varying degrees of good. No masterpiece yet, just good. Enjoyable and intriguing enough. Glaring exception being the horrendous Kurisu moments, of course.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

None. Flail all the way. I did use the anchor on a couple bosses and magic against the wall of flesh, but that's about it, really.

I've never used flails that extensively so I can't really say anything.

What I will say is that your reaching the range of weapons that do over 100 damage so it might not be a bad idea to switch or at least experiment with other weapons. It's sounds to me like your focusing on melee damage so it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get an ice sickle or gather some light discs. If you want to stick to flails there are a few hardmode flails that are better, such as the Dao of Pow, or the Drippler Crippler. They don't have the fire debuff but most enemies in hardmode are immune to that anyways, especially the dungeon enemies that you'll be facing right after Plantera.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh LOL

Pac-Man in SRW? ABSOLUTELY! *insert Wreck-it-Ralph quote here*

That last attack. XD

Given Namco's ownership, one might say it's surprising this didn't happen sooner.

I don't think Pac open all doors to zaniness, a "Tekkengain" is not on the table I'd think -yet. But specifically cartoony (and often retro) Namco video game wackiness, which by virtue of being unrealistic without the veneer of it to start, looks like it's an open door now. I know the prior SRW mobile game squeezed Mega Man in, but that might've been different-sh from what little I know.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given Namco's ownership, one might say it's surprising this didn't happen sooner.

I don't think Pac open all doors to zaniness, a "Tekkengain" is not on the table I'd think -yet. But specifically cartoony (and often retro) Namco video game wackiness, which by virtue of being unrealistic without the veneer of it to start, looks like it's an open door now. I know the prior SRW mobile game squeezed Mega Man in, but that might've been different-sh from what little I know.

This was basically done to promote the Chogokin Pac-Man figure that was released last month. So maybe that's why.

Yeah, by its nature, Cross-Omega added just about anything but the kitchen sink, as long as a mecha was involved if for even five minutes. The Mega Man stuff in gameplay were in the image of their 8-bit sprites, though.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I've never used flails that extensively so I can't really say anything.

What I will say is that your reaching the range of weapons that do over 100 damage so it might not be a bad idea to switch or at least experiment with other weapons. It's sounds to me like your focusing on melee damage so it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get an ice sickle or gather some light discs. If you want to stick to flails there are a few hardmode flails that are better, such as the Dao of Pow, or the Drippler Crippler. They don't have the fire debuff but most enemies in hardmode are immune to that anyways, especially the dungeon enemies that you'll be facing right after Plantera.

Duly noted. The drippler crippler would be difficult to obtain, I'd need to grind one of the blood moon fishing enemies, but I can probably get the dao. I already have a dark shard lying around, I'd just need to make a hallow desert and kill a few mummies.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh LOL

That last attack. XD

Better DLC than Garfield in Nickelodeon

Yep. Done. Dao of Power got. The Sunfury has served me well, but this thing's got so much more power. 142 power, goodness. And all I had to do was move the steampunker to the nightclub for ten seconds to buy blue solutions, convert a portion of the crimson desert and kill a single mummy. Awesome.

All right, first attempt against Plantera.

Almost got her. Brought her down to 1/3rd, but her second phase caught me off guard. The arena I built allowed me to just fly circles around her and avoid all damage, until the second phase, which might require some finesse. Eh. That was pretty all right. Time to bake some more potions and try again.

Goddamnit. The stage is set, the pieces are all in place and now the second phase won't catch me unaware... But I need a bulb of Plantera to summon the boss, and these things cannot be artificially procured. I had one, but it was too far and Plantera despawned while I tried to lead her to the arena. Soooo now I have to wait. Woohoo.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Major S;G Spoilers above

Well, given the size of the warning, I can only imagine it's something spicy.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game keeps dropping hints about John Titor's identity.

I keep reading this as fucking JonTron lmao.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

NT3A18C.png

I mean...

he is not wrong lol

Not a cat but

XC2-Rosa.jpg

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then she dropped a sob backstory that sounds like something Doofenshmirtz would come up with. I mean, seriously? "My dad got laughed at because he researched time machines, so now I hate the very concept of time machines"? That can't be all there is to it. That's ridiculous.

Real "because music killed my grandma" vibes.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh LOL

That last attack. XD

Truly the peak of human achievement

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, given the size of the warning, I can only imagine it's something spicy.

Maybe.

I opened it cause I ain't playing S;G

LeaCool2.gif

Tbh I had like zero context but that's because I actually don't know anything. But you do. So don't open it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I keep reading this as fucking JonTron lmao.

lol why

Real "because music killed my grandma" vibes.

I swear to God, that's exactly how it came across. It was so dumb that I choose to believe she was bullshitting Okarin and the real reason is something more... You know, not Fates-tier writing?

Truly the peak of human achievement

Maybe.

It can't be the peak of human achievement, Kaga didn't make it

I opened it cause I ain't playing S;G

LeaCool2.gif

Watch out, we got a real badas

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol why

Cause I read fast and a name like John Titor or whatever gets morphed.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

swear to God, that's exactly how it came across. It was so dumb that I choose to believe she was bullshitting Okarin and the real reason is something more... You know, not Fates-tier writing?

It doesn't even make sense too. "my dad researched time machines but everyone laughed at him so now I hate.....the very thing he devoted his life to working on".

Like I don't have the context, maybe he was one of those "research is more important than family" douchebags but from what you said, that's not the case.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

What'swrong? Nothing seemed particularly amiss to me.

The weird snap back that happens in the footage I linked.

Which is somewhat concerning with it coming out in 2 months.

As for the design itself, I definitely think it works better in the art that's been shown than it's model. Electric/Grass is neat though, doubt it's going to be much of a defensive build, so I think it could be at least decent offensively.