• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Moonglow grows in the jungle.

So the wiki says, but I've been scouring the jungle for five minutes now and I cannot find a single moonglow anywhere.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also the planter boxes are purely cosmetic in their differences so unless you want to make something that looks pretty, you can use just one type.

Ah. Well, that's nice, but I'd still like to use the different types to differentiate which plant I have growing where.

...Would've been nice to know this before I broke my one moonglow seed, though...

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's better to do one slow and tedious task to stack up than stopping your progress to a halt after every boss just to collect one or two of each potion.

I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it lifts such a heavy load off your back in the long road, making the later game far more enjoyable.

Yes, I have to agree. By far the least fun in this game is having to stop between boss attempts to make potions and shit.

I get that but a good variety of weapons can be extremely helpful. Focusing on just one can take you far but it's like Pokemon types. You could have the most powerful Pikachu strategy but as soon as you're up against a good ground type, you're fucked.

...I've barely played Pokemon, I don't know why I used that analogy.

It's also a bit of an unfortuante one, because the one time I beat a Pokemon game, I solo'd the entire thing with the starter gecko until the league, where I was stuck until I caught the legendary and cheesed it. But I digress, I get your point.

The point is certain weapons are good and bad in certain situations, even in boss fights it's good to switch weapons frequently.

The flail works well against Plantera's first phase. Not sure what would work against the second, but I think the issue here is the arena, it's too small.

On the topic of boss fights I'd try focusing on dodging more than on hitting but that's just me.

I mean, staying alive does tend to benefit the purpose of beating a boss lol.

Also make sure to get the Flower pow from Plantera as I believe it's the best flail in the game.

Duly noted.

Well

that was fun

It was not as kino as S;G

Nor was it as twisty and mind blending as C;C

It lacked the typical suffering i am used to when it comes to Sci;Adv

It was honestly pretty standard

But...

and that's the most important of all...

The Story was finished with me grinning like an idiot.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Damnit-- I fucked up against and planted blinkroot where the moonglow goes! Well, fuck it. I'm not redoing that. I'll just leave them swapped, the planter types only amount to a color code anyway.

Now, if I can just find one moonglow anywhere...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So the wiki says, but I've been scouring the jungle for five minutes now and I cannot find a single moonglow anywhere.

Also they only bloom at night. Making them only collectible at night.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The flail works well against Plantera's first phase. Not sure what would work against the second, but I think the issue here is the arena, it's too small.

Something fast and ranged. A bigger arena is great as second phase Plantera is fast but I'm not sure how well a flail will work against it off screen. My best suggestion if you wanted to stick to melee would be to get a death sickle from Solar Eclipse reapers. But if you wanted to branch out to other classes (Which I think you should do as it is your first playthrough in a while) Another good option would be the uzi or megashark combined with chlorophyte bullets or crystal bullets can be insanely powerful against Plnatera. Also the Chlorophyte shotbow is over powered, especially when combined with special arrow types.

This is not even mentioning the True Nights Edge and True Excalibur which can shoot sword beams. Also two weapons you'd want to create anyway if you want the Terra Blade.

Also they only bloom at night. Making them only collectible at night.

Could've sworn I went at night, but... eh. We'll see.

Something fast and ranged. A bigger arena is great as second phase Plantera is fast but I'm not sure how well a flail will work against it off screen. My best suggestion if you wanted to stick to melee would be to get a death sickle from Solar Eclipse reapers. But if you wanted to branch out to other classes (Which I think you should do as it is your first playthrough in a while) Another good option would be the uzi or megashark combined with chlorophyte bullets or crystal bullets can be insanely powerful against Plnatera. Also the Chlorophyte shotbow is over powered, especially when combined with special arrow types.

This is not even mentioning the True Nights Edge and True Excalibur which can shoot sword beams. Also two weapons you'd want to create anyway if you want the Terra Blade.

Thanks for the advice, at least. For now I think I'll just chill and fish for a while.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks for the advice, at least. For now I think I'll just chill and fish for a while.

Oh! I forgot to mention heart lanterns, campfires, and bast statues. They are the key to any good arena.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Lmao in Excel's stream they sniped everyone loooooooooool

I knew this would happen

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Lmao in Excel's stream they sniped everyone loooooooooool

I mean, what were you expecting? I didn't watch the stream, but didn't he offer one kill per super chat? The run was doomed from the start.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All right, there we go.

b7JUG4m.jpg

That was a phenomenal experience.

Look at all those endings.

And hey, 37 hours. That's not too bad. How long do I have? 10 hours? Okay, neat.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All right, there we go.

b7JUG4m.jpg

That was a phenomenal experience.

Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!

Did you strike gold with Shrimpy's suggestion again?

Hey, watch this. it's thaaaaaaaaaat scene in the anime (True End spoilers ofc)

Spoiler

I know that scene by heart now!

It's probably my #1 scene in anything, ever....

Also, now that you finished Steins;Gate, i can tell you what Steins;Gate 0 is about...

It's the Story of

Spoiler

The Okabe who sent the message back to Okabe

You gotta watch the Episode 23Beta however before you either start the anime or VN. It's the missing link to S;G0

I mean, what were you expecting? I didn't watch the stream, but didn't he offer one kill per super chat? The run was doomed from the start.

At some point, apparently, he decided on various tiers for characters depending on how good they were, and the higher their tier the more donations for them had to be received (So like, S tier is $50 and C is $5). Unfortunately for him, being S tier didn’t save Azura or Ryoma.

He also underestimated the chat’s spite, as evidence by Takumi having $60/$25.

Look at all those endings.

And hey, 37 hours. That's not too bad. How long do I have? 10 hours? Okay, neat.

Some of that playtime will be shaved off significantly if you don’t go for every ending, since you won’t have to skip through the entire game to change your choices (better hope you got the true end if you end up loving the game), and even if you do, you probably won’t be me and decide you might as well get every achievement while doing so.

Though I would recommend still looking at two of the alternate endings since they’re “on the way”, and won’t require any time dedicated to them, while they’re both very interesting (the third one is just bad, but if you’re curious you can read it too because you don’t have to dedicate any time to it either).

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!

Hey, watch this. it's thaaaaaaaaaat scene in the anime (True End spoilers ofc)

Reveal hidden contents

I know that scene by heart now!

It's probably my #1 scene in anything, ever....

Glad to know it’s so good! I won’t watch it linked here, though, because I will watch the anime itself.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also, now that you finished Steins;Gate, i can tell you what Steins;Gate 0 is about...

It's the Story of

Reveal hidden contents

The Okabe who sent the message back to Okabe

You gotta watch the Episode 23Beta however before you either start the anime or VN. It's the missing link to S;G0

Interesting… I’ll keep that in mind.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

because I will watch the anime itself

Nice!

Time to hack into the Gate!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Interesting… I’ll keep that in mind.

They will be probably another Sale during X-mas, or maybe you want to wait for a while and take a break first?

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I can only hope I can say the same by the end of this. It wouldn't do to antagonize the lord of shrimps a second time.

Can I just say I'm a little worried that Okarin got serious at the end of chapter 2? If he stops being the biggest dumbass in the world and becomes a generic MC, my enjoyment of the game might suffer a heavy drop...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At some point, apparently, he decided on various tiers for characters depending on how good they were, and the higher their tier the more donations for them had to be received (So like, S tier is $50 and C is $5). Unfortunately for him, being S tier didn’t save Azura or Ryoma.

He also underestimated the chat’s spite, as evidence by Takumi having $60/$25.

I mean, he got an outrageous amount of money for doing literally just what he already did in Conquest. I'd say the joke's on chat. They got played.

Some of that playtime will be shaved off significantly if you don’t go for every ending, since you won’t have to skip through the entire game to change your choices (better hope you got the true end if you end up loving the game), and even if you do, you probably won’t be me and decide you might as well get every achievement while doing so.

Though I would recommend still looking at two of the alternate endings since they’re “on the way”, and won’t require any time dedicated to them, while they’re both very interesting (the third one is just bad, but if you’re curious you can read it too because you don’t have to dedicate any time to it either).

All right. Duly noted.

...And hey, what do you mean "better hope you got the true end"? I'll get the Ruben ending, and I'll watch the rest online. No reason to sit through the entire game for an hour skipping text when I can just go online and achieve the same purpose. Well, I say this now, but if I liked the game enough by then I might actually go for it. We'll see, we'll see.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I just say I'm a little worried that Okarin got serious at the end of chapter 2? If he stops being the biggest dumbass in the world and becomes a generic MC, my enjoyment of the game might suffer a heavy drop...

Don’t worry about it, Okabe’s character arc is kino.

And he doesn’t change in chapter 2, even if he has a serious scene or two (I don’t remember that well).

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And hey, what do you mean "better hope you got the true end"? I'll get the Ruben ending, and I'll watch the rest online. No reason to sit through the entire game for an hour skipping text when I can just go online and achieve the same purpose.

But the achievements and the completed ending screen!

That works, too. I find there’s a certain charm to physically going through it yourself, but I’m weird like that.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well, atleast we are Fates bros!

Okarin's existence will ensure we cannot end up like Armagon. Okarin is too likeable, I cannot hate this like I did Joshua in the Sky.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That works, too. I find there’s a certain charm to physically going through it yourself, but I’m weird like that.

i mean, same here. Of course only if i can skip through everything and not replay 50 hours lol...

Which in most VNs you can thankfully do fast.

Okarin's existence will ensure we cannot end up like Armagon. Okarin is too likeable, I cannot hate this like I did Joshua in the Sky.

I hope you love S;G enough to try S;G0, honestly. Wanna see your reaction to that one

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OOOOOOOO

You hit him with the Berwick Saga!

That's gotta hurt. He's literally allergic to that.

By the way, I'm stealing this. I can't believe I didn't come up with the idea to use this sooner.

take it! it's yours!

I'd post the gif, but I'm too lazy to link it rn lmao

21 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

They will be probably another Sale during X-mas, or maybe you want to wait for a while and take a break first?

I don’t know, we’ll see how I feel when the sale hits.

That response doesn’t tell you a lot, but that’s kind of my approach to playing things…

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t worry about it, Okabe’s character arc is kino.

And he doesn’t change in chapter 2, even if he has a serious scene or two (I don’t remember that well).

Okay, fine. Consider me reassured for now.

But the achievements and the completed ending screen!

I can count the amount of games I've 100%d with the fingers of one hand.

True enough. We'll see.

19 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

hope you love S;G enough to try S;G0, honestly. Wanna see your reaction to that one

Oh my God, seriously? Already?

I swear to God, if he dies in S;G0. All of my favorites die in everything. Surely now that my favorite finally happens to be a MC, it couldn't happen...!

Get Banner Saga and I'll consider it, I've been saying the same thing to you for months about B Saga.

18 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

take it! it's yours!

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

I'd post the gif, but I'm too lazy to link it rn lmao

Dew it tomorrow then. But dew it!

Edited by Saint Rubenio