Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

why use it when crafts kill everything without thinking anyway

you don't need those extra turns when you can delany enemy to infinity before they attack

Doesn't work on every boss though. That or when your fighting more than one boss or enemy and they are spaced wrong or something.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Doesn't work on every boss though. That or when your fighting more than one boss or enemy and they are spaced wrong or something.

eh pretty much works on 95% of the bosses, and there are alot of ways to bring enemies together.

The 5% that can't be At-delayed to hell can be nuked or status locked pretty easily

23 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

eh pretty much works on 95% of the bosses, and there are alot of ways to bring enemies together.

The 5% that can't be At-delayed to hell can be nuked or status locked pretty easily

Yeah Dark Matter works wonders, Sara's Craft gained from the training thing, etc.

Speaking of status effects, i don't understand the enemy "resistance %". Like, what does "AT Delay ----> 5 mean"

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Like, what does "AT Delay ----> 5 mean"

it means there's only 5% chance for them to get AT delayed, however...

The more instances of said status you have on a character, the higher the chance is for the whole thing to take effect.

For example, if you have like 3 At Delay Quarz on a character and use a Delay craft, only one of the four instances has to proc for all AT delays from all sources added together to take effect.

A 10% can easily become a 50% that way, it's hella broken.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

it means there's only 5% chance for them to get AT delayed, however...

The more instances of said status you have on a character, the higher the chance is for the whole thing to take effect.

For example, if you have like 3 At Delay Quarz on a character and use a Delay craft, only one of the four instances has to proc for all AT delays from all sources added together to take effect.

A 10% can easily become a 50% that way, it's hella broken.

Okay, that makes sense for AT Delay, but what about other effects?

Like, Silver Thorn has 40% confuse rate, if their resistance is "10", how does the math work here? Does it subtract? Divide? The game gives me no info here.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Like, Silver Thorn has 40% confuse rate, if their resistance is "10", how does the math work here? Does it subtract? Divide? The game gives me no info here.

should be a 4% then i think...unless you have sources of confuse as well

should be a 4% then i think...unless you have sources of confuse as well

Ah, so it divides, then! How the fuck was i supposed to know that? Psychic powers? They should probably tell the player this stuff, misleading information is bad.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, so it divides, then! How the fuck was i supposed to know that? Psychic powers? They should probably tell the player this stuff, misleading information is bad.

I am honestly not sure if it's divided actually lol. But that's the only thing that will make sense tbh

I am honestly not sure if it's divided actually lol. But that's the only thing that will make sense tbh

So basically, if you don't know how to divide % rates, your screwed as to knowing what the actual chance is? Wow, that's stupid.

i'm gonna say this now, that was a good idea, poorly implemented. I just gotta shake my head at that one.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

i'm gonna say this now, that was a good idea, poorly implemented. I just gotta shake my head at that one.

The only good idea gameplay wise in CS is the link System tbh

And it sucks story and character wise. One of the worst things ever

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The only good idea gameplay wise in CS is the link System tbh

And it sucks story and character wise. One of the worst things ever

Your critique stings much more than mine does! XD

Anyways, thank you for helping me out with something the game should have told me in the first place.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Your critique stings much more than mine does! XD

CS 2 is one of the worst pieces of trash i ever touched in my life, and the CS games in general are an unforgiveable sin that need to be retconned out of existence if there's any hope for humanity.

A stain on gaming history

Atleast they made me try stuff that isn't called Trails and branch out a bit.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

There are like no RPGs out there that actually tell you the formulas for anything.

I just use like, context clues and shit to figure it out.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

CS 2 is one of the worst pieces of trash i ever touched in my life, and the CS games in general are an unforgiveable sin that need to be retconned out of existence if there's any hope for humanity.

A stain on gaming history

Atleast they made me try stuff that isn't called Trails and branch out a bit.

Would the game be more acceptable in your eyes were it modded to be fun? Story aside, obviously.

Just now, Armagon said:

There are like no RPGs out there that actually tell you the formulas for anything.

I just use like, context clues and shit to figure it out.

Status % is usually straightforward though. Its either 100 or 0. 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Status % is usually straightforward though. Its either 100 or 0. 

So are hit-rates but then Fire Emblem is just like "we roll it twice" and people just accept it.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would the game be more acceptable in your eyes were it modded to be fun? Story aside, obviously.

No. Gameplay/Balance changes alone wouldn't be enough. I hate literally everything about the games aside from music (and that goes to trash too once CS3 hits)

And CS' core gameplay itself is quite trash. Can't stand it. Especially CS3-4's. I can see CS1/2 working with some balance tho

Also Rean makes me wanna jump out of the window

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Like clockwork because it's a game Ruben recommended, i think i'll be dropping Banner Saga. I wouldn't even say it's bad, it's just that the gameplay is too gargantuanly slow for my tastes. And seeing as how this is the third SRPG that doesn't have traditional turn orders that i've dropped

• Berwick Saga's turn order felt slow and combined with the atrocious early-game hit-rates, it felt like no progress was being made.
  • Project X Zone 1 is bad because of enemy bloat and the turn order sucks and everyone's skill have a universally shared meter.
  • Banner Saga has an individual player-enemy alternating turn order, which is different from the above games but it still feels like the game's speed is being heavily impeded. I also don't like (at least it feels) how despite the small maps, it feels like i have to inch units along before they can even be in-range of attacking

Yeah i think at this point, traditional turn orders is gonna be a requirement of SRPGs for me. It can't be a coincidence that this has happened three times now.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aye!

EaihQ8O.png
qeB0Jq6.png

And it looks like Ries was spared from the Sky Characters in Crossbell Portrait Curse, hers actually doesn’t suck! That’s cool.

Yeah Kevin and Ries actually got good Crossbell portraits.

This is the last game they show up in directly (as in not cameos) for now so enjoy it while it lasts.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Andseeing as how this is the third SRPG that doesn't have traditional turn orders that i've dropped

• Berwick Saga
  • Banner Saga

Ruben in shambles.

Yeah Kevin and Ries actually got good Crossbell portraits.

I think Kevin’s is about the same as the other Sky characters’, it’s still pretty bad.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like clockwork because it's a game Ruben recommended, i think i'll be dropping Banner Saga. I wouldn't even say it's bad, it's just that the gameplay is too gargantuanly slow for my tastes. And seeing as how this is the third SRPG that doesn't have traditional turn orders that i've dropped

• Berwick Saga's turn order felt slow and combined with the atrocious early-game hit-rates, it felt like no progress was being made.
  • Project X Zone 1 is bad because of enemy bloat and the turn order sucks and everyone's skill have a universally shared meter.
  • Banner Saga has an individual player-enemy alternating turn order, which is different from the above games but it still feels like the game's speed is being heavily impeded. I also don't like (at least it feels) how despite the small maps, it feels like i have to inch units along before they can even be in-range of attacking

Yeah i think at this point, traditional turn orders is gonna be a requirement of SRPGs for me. It can't be a coincidence that this has happened three times now.

Is it a sign you must try now a SRW game?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is this the one that flattened that Amazon warehouse they kept over 100 in? What else was devastated?

Practically an entire town. A candle factory there also collapsed, like the warehouse.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think Kevin’s is about the same as the other Sky characters’, it’s still pretty bad.

Really? He looks a bit older but he doesn't have Joker face like Joshua does.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it a sign you must try now a SRW game?

Technically, i'm already playing one

co2wll.jpg