• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So are hit-rates but then Fire Emblem is just like "we roll it twice" and people just accept it.

Yeah but that doesnt have quite as much impact, and isnt nearly as important.

Went hiking with my dad and a group of friends he has with whom he regularly hikes. He's been trying to rope me into this for a while, and finally I cave in.

Me at the beginning:

Portrait_arthur_fe14.png

Me at the end at the halfway point a quarter of the way okay fine, halfway through the first hill:

Portrait_dwyer_fe14.png

...Me at the end of the first hill:

Cw31XTIo_o.png

Every bone in my lower body is begging for the sweet release of death. Christ, how much of a masochist do you have to be to enjoy this sh-- Oh wait, right.

So yeah. I had fun. Even though I am in severe pain right now.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ruben you would drop it in the first two minutes.

Is that a fact?

Hell would freeze over before you like generic romcom.

And yet you want me to like 12 Sentinels...

That's not the one I dislike tho.

You hate all of them, Armagon.

16 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Anyone else watching the Summoner Duels FEHtuber tournament right now? It's pretty hype.

That would require watching FEHeroes gameplay. FE is already not a series I particularly enjoy watching gameplays of. FEHeroes has the baggage of my hatred for it on top of that.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

The S;G anime removed the stupid gag after Okabe finds Kurisu and added a Doctor Who reference? Yep, the anime is good.

Should've watched that instead...

Ahh, but in the game I get to go for bad endings where Kurisu dies.

11 hours ago, Julizan said:

Anyways time to summarize 2021 as gaming year:

First of all it was barely existing for me tbh.

Eyy, same! Most games I've played this year were from before.

• There was "Tales Of Arise" which I have not finished yet but not would place it in top Tales games yet for not having a great combat system. I would not consider it as "disappointment", but the combat lowers my motivation to continue it. The plot and characters are great, but then again combat > plot for me.
  • "Persona 5 Strikers" was excellent overall. 
  • "Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne" is a remake, but I think I may include it as well. Not having played too much of it, but I liked what I played.
  • "Mario Party Superstars" is also a remake of various former parts. It is fun and gives nostalic vibes, but I wished there were more than eight playable characters.

Overall "Persona 5 Strikers" is my personal goty.

That's... one more 2021 game than I've played lol.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, just cleared Senno's paralogue with everything gotten.

Virgil the berserker was very useful with boosting Corrin or fighting himself (though he was off 1-shotting Master Ninja), the other new recruit I used wasn't so hot but had his uses (and has 3 Blow skills.) Even an underlevelled Basara did things, sadly not enough to justify keeping on board. Opheila was also very helpful with Nosfertanking, despite some scares including Senno and a mechanist near the end.

It took some finessing to actually clear the map, because I was struggling otherwise. Trying to deal with the southern reinforcements and have enough to then get the NW ended up being too much, so I just delayed facing those reinforcements. Which managed to be fine despite Senno's group merging with them.

There's still Nina paralogue and maybe the invasion before the Conquest endgame.... It'd be nice to grab some exp but it feels like I'll be doing well enough to simply clear the map.

Did you grab Senno, though? I don't see "I captured Senno and put him in my team" anywhere in these paragraphs... Dayni! You wouldn't have dared...!

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

xVIVwyj.jpg

Teehee Iceberg

I don't know how to feel about the inconspicuous "the degen trio" at the bottom. Is that also a Steins Gate reference or is it us...?

I do approve of the use of Garuben for the Fates portion. And the Haitaka battle line. Thank you for including that as well.

lol lolitics

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Like clockwork because it's a game Ruben recommended, i think i'll be dropping Banner Saga. I wouldn't even say it's bad, it's just that the gameplay is too gargantuanly slow for my tastes. And seeing as how this is the third SRPG that doesn't have traditional turn orders that i've dropped

• Berwick Saga's turn order felt slow and combined with the atrocious early-game hit-rates, it felt like no progress was being made.
  • Project X Zone 1 is bad because of enemy bloat and the turn order sucks and everyone's skill have a universally shared meter.
  • Banner Saga has an individual player-enemy alternating turn order, which is different from the above games but it still feels like the game's speed is being heavily impeded. I also don't like (at least it feels) how despite the small maps, it feels like i have to inch units along before they can even be in-range of attacking

Yeah i think at this point, traditional turn orders is gonna be a requirement of SRPGs for me. It can't be a coincidence that this has happened three times now.

Darn.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

This is actually amazing.

I don't even get half the things but it's still amazing.

We have some lore. And there's not even any references to the time I did an Ironman of sorts of FE12 and every time I lost a unit, I was bombarded with anime...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hiking

That sounds fun~

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And there's not even any references to the time I did an Ironman of sorts of FE12 and every time I lost a unit, I was bombarded with anime...

Oh yeah i forgot to add ecchi Ironman to the lore lol

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

That sounds fun~

Dude, this is how I'm feeling right now.

1iVesJ4j_o.png

I mean, did I have fun? Sure, but holy shit I'm in agony.

lol I just noticed I didn't remove the watermark from the random Garon image I picked up from Google

Oh yeah i forgot to add ecchi Ironman to the lore lol

Shameful.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, when you had angry sex with the game?

That is the way you always describe it, yes.

Went hiking with my dad and a group of friends he has with whom he regularly hikes. He's been trying to rope me into this for a while, and finally I cave in.

Oh! Do you live in a very mountain region?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We have some lore. And there's not even any references to the time I did an Ironman of sorts of FE12 and every time I lost a unit, I was bombarded with anime...

Haha! That is awesome.

Well I can't wait to add to that lore myself.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Oh! Do you live in a very mountain region?

I live in a plain area, but it's surrounded by moutains. My dad cannot sit at home for longer than five minutes at a time, so he's always trying to find activities to leave. Eventually he found a group he was comfortable with, and nearly every week he goes out hiking with 'em. I can't believe he eventually managed to rope me into it... And neither does he. We rushed out of the home before I could have a chance to change my mind.

He... did not mention that we'd have to go back down the mountain after getting to the top of it. It didn't even occur to me until we were there. Guy lucked out.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Haha! That is awesome.

Well I can't wait to add to that lore myself.

We can call you the Validar apologist

Ayyy, fellow apologist!

I mean, yeah, hiking is painful

Zero exaggeration here, this is the most exercise I've done in like, the past five years.

I was not ready.

But you get to have fun 😄 

Well, the folks were pretty cool, at least.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every bone in my lower body is begging for the sweet release of death. Christ, how much of a masochist do you have to be to enjoy this sh-- Oh wait, right.

So yeah. I had fun. Even though I am in severe pain right now.

You:

178046083000202.gif?to=crop&type=webp&r=

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you grab Senno, though? I don't see "I captured Senno and put him in my team" anywhere in these paragraphs... Dayni! You wouldn't have dared...!

I apologise, Niles wasn't in the party, there are so many generics.

For my sins he shall see use in Lunatic. Conquest and Rev.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do approve of the use of Garuben for the Fates portion. And the Haitaka battle line. Thank you for including that as well.

It wouldn't be a discussion of Teehee Fates discourse without it.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

xVIVwyj.jpg

Teehee Iceberg

I have no idea what I would contribute to this besides the REEEEEE and probably TWEWY after this last year.

This is great regardless, Kaga-Fates Alliance is something I should have expected but it's still great to see.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He... did not mention that we'd have to go back down the mountain after getting to the top of it. It didn't even occur to me until we were there. Guy lucked out.

Just, what do I say to that?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You:

178046083000202.gif?to=crop&type=webp&r=

Pffft

I apologise, Niles wasn't in the party, there are so many generics.

For my sins he shall see use in Lunatic. Conquest and Rev.

He better.

It wouldn't be a discussion of Teehee Fates discourse without it.

Care for a little lesson in Fates greatness?

Just, what do I say to that?

Look, I'll be brutally honest: I did not even think about it. My mind was focused on going from point A to point B. When I finished dragging my aching blood body to point B, I celebrated for about two seconds... And then it hit me - what now? How do we get back down?

I live in a plain area, but it's surrounded by moutains. My dad cannot sit at home for longer than five minutes at a time, so he's always trying to find activities to leave. Eventually he found a group he was comfortable with, and nearly every week he goes out hiking with 'em. I can't believe he eventually managed to rope me into it... And neither does he. We rushed out of the home before I could have a chance to change my mind.

That doesn't sound that bad.

...Course that's easy for me to say. I've been running on mountain trails barefoot since I learned how to stand.

In any case I'm glad you had some fun! It sure shall be a memorable experience.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We can call you the Validar apologist

Ayyy, fellow apologist!

I'm keeping this profile picture until I can cosplay as Validar for Halloween or something.