Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Concert is in four hours 

Good luck! Break a leg! Is it just me, or is there a lot of school concerts lately? Probably because it's Christmas season.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Is it just me, or is there a lot of school concerts lately? Probably because it's Christmas season.

My university did a small, inexpensive concert for Xmas. The singers were all gathered on a grand white marble staircase. I haven't gone to it since I got out of university a few years ago, but they were good performances.

Then there was this time I went to this spring concert the university was having, because I like a dose of classical music live once in a while. I entered expecting sounds from Vivaldi to Grieg, I left thoroughly convinced Broadway musicals are what awaits you in Hell. Fortunately, they did two separate and distinctive upfront music events for the spring in the years thereafter, so I wasn't surprised by show tune suffering again.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
rWKnthaq_o.jpg

So uh.

Is this some sort of English expression I'm not familiar with, or did Okarin seriously just call someone "anal" like that's what mentally sound people do?

Only time i've seen someone use the word "anal" in a conversation is in a sexual context.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dumb blonde is a stereotype I think.

Shrimpy doesn't like Alisa tho so he's using it as an insult instead.

I get that, but honestly she doesnt come off that way in my opinion.

On a side note about CS II. 

Spoilers for anyone who wants to play it! 

Spoiler

I actually liked the true ending where everyone cries after realising their time together was never gonna be the same. Saying goodbye is never easy, so I can relate to this, and it felt " proper" to me.

Also, I figured out that you can buy accessories to play as Crow, Vita, Lloyd, Rixia, and Altina. 

Crow is busted af though. His crafts are ridiculous. Plus, I dont have to see Rean's face that way, so it works out even better!

Moeka’s voice actress in the English dub of the anime is such a down grade, all of her lines exuded personality in the VN and she’s just so boring here. You could say that’s my fault for watching the dub, but it’s all my definitely legal website that I go to had, so…

Also

Spoiler

1. The whole Okabe in the empty world 70 million years ago with Mayuri scene was randomly moved from after the first time hop to before it. I don’t know what the point of that was, the entire scene is kind of rendered pointless as a result. It’s inserted into the show so randomly.

2. The Funny happened much better in the VN. In the VN, everything flowed naturally and you slowly got to realize “oh, stuff is real now”. In the anime, Moeka’s first line exists to say she works for SERN, then her second line is to say Mayuri will die. Okave puts the pieces together for the audience in this version, then Moeka introduces FB with her last line before The Funny happens and pulls the trigger. The whole thing lasts 40 seconds.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

j;p0ttgrdbn zxcmnb kubiu8o[0p';mkl 5e4xdrf c/t

🙂

Concert is in four hours 

panic

Break a leg! Although it might be kind of late for that, hope it’s going well as I’m writing this.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You could say that’s my fault for watching the dub, but it’s all my definitely legal website that I go to had, so…

How does your definitely legal website only have the dub?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How does your definitely legal website only have the dub?

Well it keeps everything dubbed and subbed separately, organized by alphabetical order, and it’s there under dubbed but not subbed (even using the Japanese title, which it uses a lot of in the subbed list).

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Give us Fire Emblem: Age of Antiquity.

I was referencing me actually beating Conquest, but there's art of Marth looking more distinctly Roman in dress and that style all over Archanea would be very nice imo.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was referencing me actually beating Conquest, but there's art of Marth looking more distinctly Roman in dress and that style all over Archanea would be very nice imo.

Aye, I thought as much. Congrats on that by the way!

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

If they ever remake FE1 again, they should embrace that classical aesthetic.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Time for the monthly playthrough.

And I'm a tad jealous. You've almost certainly been much busier than the nothing I've been doing, but I think you get so much more gaming accomplished.😅

However, this being a Metroid you've cleared in less than four hours, slipping in a monthly run would take like three or four days. I can see one slipping it in without a great deal of effort.

mfw you actually play the improvised solos well but the microphone was off the whole time.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! It was really terrifying, but also fun.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

mfw you actually play the improvised solos well but the microphone was off the whole time.

So what concert is this where you're including improvised solos?

Good to hear you made it through at least. I hope at least those close by heard the solo well enough.

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

N3jHp5z.png

Why does that look like Okarin but he's suffering a case of severe diahrrea?

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Only time i've seen someone use the word "anal" in a conversation is in a sexual context.

You too?

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

FGiIPMvVkAMWZum?format=jpg&name=large

Time for the monthly playthrough.

Gee, you're dedicated. Even I don't play Berwick Saga every month.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Veni, Vidi, Vici.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I salute you. You've done it.

Now do it again on lunatic with generics only.

TIL you can fight the moving guards in Days Gone after seeing Mikoto without losing the stealth objective.

Corrin also killed her mother again.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I salute you. You've done it.

Now do it again on lunatic with generics only.

I mean, I did it on hard with Corrin, Azura and the gang. Not far off barring the likely rescue skip that would be needed on Lunatic.

Sadly, Hajime the Onmiyoji did die in the finale due to the AoE attack breaking the barrier and exposing him to a master ninja and paladin. He actually survived the former, which surprised me as he was doubled. I also had to use a Rescue to save Chiaki because she was in range of a bow knight despite me freezing the enemy paladin.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I did it on hard with Corrin, Azura and the gang. Not far off barring the likely rescue skip that would be needed on Lunatic.

Sadly, Hajime the Onmiyoji did die in the finale due to the AoE attack breaking the barrier and exposing him to a master ninja and paladin. He actually survived the former, which surprised me as he was doubled. I also had to use a Rescue to save Chiaki because she was in range of a bow knight despite me freezing the enemy paladin.

Goodspeed, Hajime. You did well.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goodspeed, Hajime. You did well.

To be fair, he did before then too with Lightning, he was a good mage when being used as such. Not so much with staves as I was a bit adverse to using them before the finale, which complicated matters as he had a Rescue on him when he died.

Speaking of, the fact you can't use entrap on the staff users in the finale is dumb and I hate it.

Least Reinhard survived. And Yamato, who's now over 46k to purchase as an einherjar.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gee, you're dedicated. Even I don't play Berwick Saga every month.

Berwick Saga doesn't take a few hours to complete, either. Metroid games are designed that way.

Got to the Ecclesia boss fight. I died on the funny punch combo.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I said Bloodstained may've beaten Ecclesia. Bloodstained was excellent, no doubt, but it doesn't have the Ecclesia boss fight. I love this boss fight, it's so much fun.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Berwick Saga doesn't take a few hours to complete, either. Metroid games are designed that way.

Even so. I must step up my game. I cannot let Armagon defeat me.

Hello, it is time for me to share music like we sometimes do in Teehee.

I always forget how good this track is.

God, I love this game.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm pretty sure you would experience a pretty massive burnout on the game if you did. XD

Hahahahahah

Yeah, most certainly. I love Berwick Saga, but it's a big game. I can't just play it all the time.