Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Trails spoilers

Spoiler

npOIFIs.png
I did not expect this from my Trails game today, yet here we are.

Not this or the status quo vs authoritarianism stuff from Erebonia.

So yeah, Trails is a political drama now, apparently. This game keeps surprising me at every turn.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

S tier: Mr Laughs Dumbly And Clicks Phishing Links And Spills The Secrets Of His Criminal Activity To Random Passersby

A tier:

B tier: Faris I guess

C tier: Mayuri Lukako Moeka and the one I'm forgetting, not necessarily in this order

D tier: Zombie

E tier: Daru "please don't really be a pedophile" Itaru

F tier:

HQct3LD.png

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/5d/aerldNvH_o.jpg

You know, I'd love to make some blood geysers right about now.

Not sure out of whose carcass.

They all kinda deserve it right now.

Wow this scene is bad-

70XU3E1B_o.jpg

Steins;Gate final impressions

0/10 awful game, I wish I had quit in time for a refund.

Next I will do my 7th run of Berwick Saga, in which I unlock the secret character Volcens and solo the game with him. Look forward to that.

Ah yeah, remember when I told you way back at Kurisu’s funny moment that there weren’t any major funny moments for like 3 chapters (as in, not counting random comments made by characters)? Well, you’ve hit the first of these funny moments. Once you get the other two over with, the kino starts pretty soon after is there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

And I think you’ll persevere, because everyone actually takes the second one seriously and the third one lasts two seconds.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everything else has made me regret choosing to close the day with this game rather than some blood geysers.

I know what kind of blood geysers you mean, but I can't help but interpret this in the "geysers of blood spewed from some Japanese virgin's nose b/c nosebleeds = arousal" trope. And I'm not happy that interpretation came to mind, because I do not like that awful trope, mostly b/c I've a history of overreacting whenever my nostrils shed red.

Usually I'm not one for gore at all, but go and paint a town with hemoglobin. But remember -don't become the edginess you despise!

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, okay, so Luka straight up suffers from gender dysphoria.

That was not the development I was expecting from this "haha the trap is wearing female clothes and he's making protag-kun sexually confused" animu gag.

...And why the fuck is Okarin the only one taking this seriously and actually trying to comfort Luka by telling them they're just fine the way they are? Okarin has the brain of a raccoon fetus! How is he the only one who's handling this like a decent person? What even is happening anymore? And when will the "funny moment" music stop!?

Remember, Japan still hasn't legalized gay marriage.

I don't expect Japan to do a good job at all on the gender & sexuality front. The very recent slight trend of bisexualizing all formerly straight characters in games with a dating sim element suffices as "realistically good enough" for me. A bisexualization done purely for dating the MC that comes without any actual writing for the candidate suggesting they're actually into their own gender. It's not real queer writing, but I'll settle for queer fucking, without any problematic Japanese writing that would come from writing more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Now Kurisu has brought up some nonsense she heard about mothers who eat a lot of vegetables having girls and ones who eat a lot of meat having boys. Which is complete and utter bullshit and I'm shocked that the purported "genius girl" had the audacity to even bring it up.

So now they're coming up with the insane crackpot plan to send a D-mail to Luka's mother, all the way back to when she was pregnant with them, and tell her to eat a lot of vegetables instead of meat so they're born a girl.

I... The sheer absurdity. I have no idea how I should react to this. Can someone please tell me how I should react? What do I do, do I make blood geysers out of myself, or do I fly to Japan and ask for an explanation?

Oh and if the "funny moment" music doesn't stop already I'm going to fucking murder someone.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So Okarin saves the day again?

I don't know. He started well, but then he came up with the plan to send a D-mail to Luka's mom and now I'm not so sure.

At least he's doing better than everyone else, though. I think I might have to knock everyone else down one tier for this shit. Jesus Christ they're all even worse than Okarin.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

....So you're not done?

Well I fell for the review then.

Nah, I'm not done. This is the most tempted I've ever been to be done, but I walked 12 kilometers of non-stop ascent and then back just the other day after a lifetime of no exercise whatsoever. Didn't give up then, surely I won't have to give up now.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

HQct3LD.png

Somehow I doubt I'll end up placing anyone above Okarin. Heck, at this point I'm even doubting The Funny will do anything for me if Okarin isn't hurt in any way, shape or form.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah yeah, remember when I told you way back at Kurisu’s funny moment that there weren’t any major funny moments for like 3 chapters (as in, not counting random comments made by characters)? Well, you’ve hit the first of these funny moments. Once you get the other two over with, the kino starts pretty soon after is there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

And I think you’ll persevere, because everyone actually takes the second one seriously and the third one lasts two seconds.

I wish they'd take this one seriously as opposed to the second. Poor Luka.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Somehow I doubt I'll end up placing anyone above Okarin. Heck, at this point I'm even doubting The Funny will do anything for me if Okarin isn't hurt in any way, shape or form.

Okabe probably suffers the most out of any character in this game. That comes as a result of events starting with his response to the funny, though, not just the funny (but her certainly suffers from it as well).

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish they'd take this one seriously as opposed to the second. Poor Luka.

So, funny story…

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... The sheer absurdity. I have no idea how I should react to this. Can someone please tell me how I should react? What do I do, do I make blood geysers out of myself, or do I fly to Japan and ask for an explanation?

Use that time machine to go back to 1950s America, when a crisis of Gays Are A Threat To This Country was real public paranoia with real consequences for some folks. When it was feared a mother coddling her son 0as opposed to having him tough it out like a real man- resulted in some kind of Oedipus Complex junk that caused gayness. -I think that's how it went according to my Cold War History course at the graduate level. It doesn't sound out of place with what you're reading right now.

Japan needs to update its gender & sex conceptions in popular entertainment. Plain and simple. When I played Persona 2 (released originally back in 1999) a few years ago, there was a no-name NPC who by the magic wish-granting powers of Joker, got a physical sex change, and when talked to, offers to show you their new and real nether bits.

Oh my fucking God.

It wasn't a joke. They were actually going to try it.

They were going to use the incredibly dumb internet factoid Kurisu pulled out of her butthole to change the past in order to make Luka be born a girl by having their mom eat vegetables during pregnancy.

The only reason they didn't go for it is that cellphones weren't a thing when Luka was born.

Okarin even considered the possibility of a sex change at one point, but didn't voice it for some undiscernible reason. Because yeah this is totally a much better idea.

This goes beyond my wildest expectations. Every time I think these characters cannot possibly surprise me anymore, they go and reach new heights of stupidity. Every time I've made fun of characters. Luke, Merlinus, the Brilliant Dumbass, Holmes, Reese, the one irrelevant villain from SGW who liked to count things... I have to go back and apologize to all of them. Even the Brilliant Dumbass's plan was the work of a tactical genius compared to... whatever the heck is going on here. He really was too brilliant to die - we needed his genius to maintain the balance of the universe when faced with this amount of dumb power.

Everyone is dumb and awful and I hate them. When do I get to watch them die?

...AND CAN THE FUCKING MUSIC STOP ALREADY, IT'S BEEN PLAYING FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT--

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know what kind of blood geysers you mean,

For a moment I misread this as "I don't know what kind of blood geysers you mean" and I was going to post the image to remind you.

I will do it anyway. I need to see some blood.

https://images2.imgbox.com/ea/46/EJgqILsB_o.png

Ahhh I feel better already. It's not the same without the oh-so-cathartic sound design from Vandal Hearts, but it's good enough I guess.

but I can't help but interpret this in the "geysers of blood spewed from some Japanese virgin's nose b/c nosebleeds = arousal" trope. And I'm not happy that interpretation came to mind, because I do not like that awful trope, mostly b/c I've a history of overreacting whenever my nostrils shed red.

No yeah, I don't like it either. It's a pretty icky way of implying an equally icky concept.

Usually I'm not one for gore at all, but go and paint a town with hemoglobin. But remember -don't become the edginess you despise!

I'll try. This horrible scene is not ending, so it's becoming increasingly difficult. But I'll try.

Remember, Japan still hasn't legalized gay marriage.

I don't expect Japan to do a good job at all on this gender & sexuality front. The very recent slight trend of bisexualizing all formerly straight characters in games with a dating sim element suffices as "realistically good enough" for me. A bisexualization done purely for dating the MC that comes without any actual writing for the candidate suggesting they're actually into their own gender. It's not real queer writing, but I'll settle for queer fucking, without any problematic Japanese writing that would come from writing more.

Well... They're trying. It's not great, but... they're trying.

"I know! How about that thing where you get struck by lightning and it turns you into a girl! Like in old anime and manga."

Yeah, no, that's it. That's as much as I can take. I'm done for tonight.

Fucking Christ. And I was so sure of my guess. No, I was completely wrong. It's Luka. Luka's going to be the twist villain. They're going to murder everyone, and I'm going to fucking root for 'em.

God damnit, guys.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

aBEPrRE.png
It’s official, this game is good.

"I am inevitable" -Olivier

Hopefully Crossbell has enough fancy food and wine for him. Maybe the true main conflict of the Trails series is Olivier's quest for fine dining.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I like that lute he's holding.

"Unsurprising. I'm just that good, after all."

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now Kurisu has brought up some nonsense she heard about mothers who eat a lot of vegetables having girls and ones who eat a lot of meat having boys. Which is complete and utter bullshit and I'm shocked that the purported "genius girl" had the audacity to even bring it up.

So now they're coming up with the insane crackpot plan to send a D-mail to Luka's mother, all the way back to when she was pregnant with them, and tell her to eat a lot of vegetables instead of meat so they're born a girl.

Of course it's nonsense, the father has to eat lots of vegetables for the child to be a girl.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I know! How about that thing where you get struck by lightning and it turns you into a girl! Like in old anime and manga."

Yeah, no, that's it. That's as much as I can take. I'm done for tonight.

Fucking Christ. And I was so sure of my guess. No, I was completely wrong. It's Luka. Luka's going to be the twist villain. They're going to murder everyone, and I'm going to fucking root for 'em.

God damnit, guys.

I've taken glances every now and then so I can only guess that the story is that Ruben was convinced to play a visual novel and slowly lost his mind in the process.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Of course it's nonsense, the father has to eat lots of vegetables for the child to be a girl.

How did I not realize? That's totally the problem here.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I've taken glances every now and then so I can only guess that the story is that Ruben was convinced to play a visual novel and slowly lost his mind in the process.

They told me it's a masterpiece. So far I'm only seeing the "piece" part. I'm enjoying it, though... You know, when it's not being so profoundly stupid as it was today. Normally it's only the characters that are profoundly stupid, not the game itself.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That is one way of putting it.

Actually, we just convinced Ruben to play a completely run of the mill, average visual novel that is just anime tropes for 40 hours but told him it gets good eventually to see how long he lasts.

Before I go to bed, here's the promised gif of the cutest ninja ever.

https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/2d/mY8YjNlI_o.gif

Truly lifts one's spirits after whatever I just went through in S;G.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, we just convinced Ruben to play a completely run of the mill, average visual novel that is just anime tropes for 40 hours but told him it gets good eventually to see how long he lasts.

Damn yooooooouuuuuuuuu! I should've known there'd be trickery at work!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She spins her arms around and the sheer force kills zombies. And she does a happy dance on one leg in the blood.

So bloodthirsty, it makes calling her a monk feel wrong.

Vandal Hearts: The PS1 remake we deserve.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

She spins her arms around and the sheer force kills zombies. And she does a happy dance on one leg in the blood.

So bloodthirsty, it makes calling her a monk feel wrong.

Hahahahaha... Holy shit, youre right. Her stumbling actually does look like a blood dance. Sick.

Damn. And here I thought the old man would be the funny one. And make no mistake, he's hilarious, but... He actually has kind of a good form. He turns into a proper tornado, spinning around in a whirlwind, and he doesn't stumble after the attack. Rather impressive.

It was a good idea to pick the non-optimal class for these two.

Hah! I dunno if they'd respect the charm. There's even different portraits and cutscene animations for every different class. That's some attention to detail.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

i actually told him to watch the anime and not play the VN, but he insisted on VN xD

Oh I am glad I picked the VN. I am so going to enjoy the bad ending.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truly lifts one's spirits after whatever I just went through in S;G

That stage is kinda a pain, using the lift to raise your units on the opposite side is a pain, haha. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That stage is kinda a pain, using the lift to raise your units on the opposite side is a pain, haha. 

I do remember it being a bit of a chore, but that's okay. I've got the power of the ninja on my side. The Fates ninja ain't got nothing on this girl and her geriatric friend.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do remember it being a bit of a chore, but that's okay. I've got the power of the ninja on my side. The Fates ninja ain't got nothing on this girl and her geriatric friend.

Well... I guess so, that isnt one of the worst, vy far at least. The worst is the final trial for the Vandalier class. Literally just a winding staircase where their archers snipe you all day long. Imo winning it is pure luck without setup or prior knowledge.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Dark Souls Remastered is a really nice game and all...
...but how do you forget to add a pause button? Honestly.

Hey now, it's an intentional design decision!

...Not one I'm particularly fond of, but it makes sense to an extent. I do really like Menuing during bosses, but the inability to suspend the game can be frustrating. Although quit-outs are really quick, I suppose, it's a bit frustrating do have to redo a boss because you get a phone call or something during a fight.

'Afternoon, all!

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No yeah, I don't like it either. It's a pretty icky way of implying an equally icky concept.

...Well, it is equally icky when referring to an unwanted rise at undesirable time. I don't care for sexual humiliation, not at all.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truly lifts one's spirits after whatever I just went through in S;G.

Truthfully, this does not look like something that came out of a Japanese developer (Konami it turns out). I know Japanese games can have blood in them well enough, despite a preference relative to the West to do without it. Yet something about this says "Western studio trying to fit into a Japan-dominated landscape".

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reminds me of this documentary I was watching alone in my room without anyone knowing b/c why not? And it asked the question- does the bisexual man exist? One bisexual guy interviewed mentioned some old TV drama he used to watch, I forget what it was. But he did say it had a bisexual guy ...who turned to be incestuous for his sister ...and he was a villain ...and he didn't actually have a dick.

This would be funny, if it didn't sound so badly written. Both the American TV drama, and what you're thinking you're going to witness.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

If Konami's going to remake anything -not into a pachinko machine- let it be the Silent Hill franchise. Good horror is probably a rarity in the industry. Vandal Hearts can take third place; the Ganbare Goemon franchise will take second with my bias.