• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Father Shrimpas I finally sat down and watched that drama CD you sent me (the eight parter)… I’m very quick, I know. So

Spoiler

What is the popular theory for how Reading Steiner works that has to do with this one? I get that Moeka was kind of using it when she talked about kebabs at the end, but it was the same lack of detail and reason there was when anyone other than Okabe used it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Father Shrimpas I finally sat down and watched that drama CD you sent me (the eight parter)… I’m very quick, I know. So

Hide contents

What is the popular theory for how Reading Steiner works that has to do with this one? I get that Moeka was kind of using it when she talked about kebabs at the end, but it was the same lack of detail and reason there was when anyone other than Okabe used it.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yes, I noticed the stats & CP thing. The elemental Circuits looked a lot bigger and hence more difficult to determine best choices for.

It's also worth remember that unlocking a branch actually unlocks both sides. So if you unlock a combat skill but then want the other one on the opposite branch, you can swap at no cost. Though you also don't keep stuff of the current branch unless you switch back.

Basically, it's impossible to feel like you've wasted CP in this game.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

honestly, the reason i didn't bounce off this time like i usually do with Echoes is because i am in a rpg mode (rather than srpg)

And in that regard Echoes does kinda scrath the itch, ya know? Everytime i tried it before i went in with the mindset that i want a FE, this time that isn't the case. That's probably the reason why i didn't bounce off like i usually do

That + boredom lol

Let's see how much i will play this time

Project X Zone 2 was literally right there bro /s.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... I guess so, that isnt one of the worst, vy far at least. The worst is the final trial for the Vandalier class. Literally just a winding staircase where their archers snipe you all day long. Imo winning it is pure luck without setup or prior knowledge.

Well, good thing I'm not going for it!

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Hey now, it's an intentional design decision!

...Not one I'm particularly fond of, but it makes sense to an extent. I do really like Menuing during bosses, but the inability to suspend the game can be frustrating. Although quit-outs are really quick, I suppose, it's a bit frustrating do have to redo a boss because you get a phone call or something during a fight.

It's better the way Terraria does it, for example. Inventory menus don't pause the game (not by default at least), but the settings menu does pause the game. So you don't get the possibly unfair advantage of rearranging your inventory in the middle of a fight, but you also have a last resort in case real life interferes with the fight.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Truthfully, this does not look like something that came out of a Japanese developer (Konami it turns out). I know Japanese games can have blood in them well enough, despite a preference relative to the West to do without it. Yet something about this says "Western studio trying to fit into a Japan-dominated landscape".

Ehhh it does have rather... un-anime visuals, so to speak. Maybe that's why I like them lol The animations are over the top, but not in a particularly oriental way. I know, that makes no sense, but I know what I'm talking about, I think. Also, nobody has neon hair, and the only fanservice is the archer woman wearing a Lyn-style crotch curtain and no pants. This last one is a dead giveaway that this game is not Japanese.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of this documentary I was watching alone in my room without anyone knowing b/c why not? And it asked the question- does the bisexual man exist? One bisexual guy interviewed mentioned some old TV drama he used to watch, I forget what it was. But he did say it had a bisexual guy ...who turned to be incestuous for his sister ...and he was a villain ...and he didn't actually have a dick.

This would be funny, if it didn't sound so badly written. Both the American TV drama, and what you're thinking you're going to witness.

Well... Shit.

I mean to be fair, I was joking. I don't think Luka's going to be the villain. I am fairly certain I know who it is, and it's not them. But hot damn would it be justified if they went on a rampage, I would cheer them on.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you, Cold Steel for making me break the boundaries... just my luck...

79e613b095061d848cfcff1968e30b71.jpg

Nah this is just one of Rean's Reanpowers. He can break the boundaries of existence at will and leave to seek other realms within which to pursue all new harems.

Also is that Olivier I see in the HUD? How can CS be bad if it has Olivier?

I just made Eleni disembowel her own dad. Non-lethally, of course. Blood geysers and all. This game is so silly. Though at least it's not like Fates. He may be alive, but he's beaten to shit. He ain't running nowhere any time soon.

Anyway, to distract from the horrible thing I've made this girl do, here is an image that is relevant to the thread.

https://images2.imgbox.com/a6/ae/xFyDwFmS_o.png

44 minutes ago, Julizan said:

Since I see Falcom pictures, has anyone here played "Gurumin"?

Can't say I have, no.

44 minutes ago, Julizan said:

Anyways year is over, no more work for this year.

I will use the time wisely by lying in the bed and playing stuff.

Now that's the life.

19 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Conrad ex Machina strikes again

It will strike a number of times before the game is done.

He's the worst.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ahahahahaha this game's writing i swear

it's worse than i remember it being Ü

It's very closely going into the so bad it's good category ÜÜÜ

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's the worst.

''We are gonna remake a kaga game, what should we do?''

''We outdo Kaga by making the female characters even more Kaga!''

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Oh no!

It's Hel Spites!

Run, everyone! He's going to spite us!

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ahahahahaha this game's writing i swear

it's worse than i remember it being Ü

It's very closely going into the so bad it's good category ÜÜÜ

No but it's Better Than Fates™ Shrimpy. And the voice acting!

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

''We are gonna remake a kaga game, what should we do?''

''We outdo Kaga by making the female characters even more Kaga!''

I did warn you back when I did my own second run.

Well... Shit. Dolf (hey I just realized, we've got two villains named Hel and Dolf, this is hilarious) tried to kill us with magic, but Eleni's still living dad engaged in a magical duel with him. Instead of saving us, he only succeeded in, and I quote, "tearing a whole in the time-space fabric" and getting himself, Ash, Grog and resident healer girl Sara sucked in. Ash helpfully pointed out that they weren't in Kansas anymore.

And then Hel Spites won the election.

The country went to hell in a handbasket in no time at all after his victory.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah this is just one of Rean's Reanpowers. He can break the boundaries of existence at will and leave to seek other realms within which to pursue all new harems.

Also is that Olivier I see in the HUD? How can CS be bad if it has Olivier?

Hmmmm... That could be i guess.

Yeah, that is, but i assume he is only a temporary guest, sadly.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... Shit. Dolf (hey I just realized, we've got two villains named Hel and Dolf, this is hilarious) tried to kill us with magic, but Eleni's still living dad engaged in a magical duel with him. Instead of saving us, he only succeeded in, and I quote, "tearing a whole in the time-space fabric" and getting himself, Ash, Grog and resident healer girl Sara sucked in.

And then Hel Spites won the election.

The country went to hell in a handbasket in no time at all after his victory.

See, told ya it was only those three. XD

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

See, told ya it was only those three. XD

Yeah, my memories were definitely muddled. I seemed to recall dropping the game right after the alternate dimension arc, but now I'm thinking I remember doing the train mission, so... Ahh, who cares. Might as well call this my first run, for all intents and purposes. It's certainly the first run with a ninja force, anyway!

Yeah, my memories were definitely muddled. I seemed to recall dropping the game right after the alternate dimension arc, but now I'm thinking I remember doing the train mission, so... Ahh, who cares. Might as well call this my first run, for all intents and purposes. It's certainly the first run with a ninja force, anyway!

But that's what you said last time... XD

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But that's what you said last time... XD

Never mind, never mind. We're wiping the slate clean. I've got a ninja force now. The ninja force, damnit! Well I mean, half of the ninja force is currently missing, but I'm sure I'll get her back soon.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

you know what? I am done Ü

Fates tier writing with Awakening tier gameplay.

And you didn't even make it to endgame, where all of Echoes's issues are amplified by a factor of 10.

All of them. Story and gameplay both.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Clearly Camilla not flashing her panties makes Echoes peak Fire Emblem

You know, at least Camilla doesn't need to be rescued from jail like Zofia's so-called finest female knight.

The fact that there is a defense to be made for Camilla of all people compared to Echoes really says it all, doesn't it.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

The unpopular opinion thread seems to have alotta toxic postings, and they almost always seem to pertain to Fates, lmao

Fates really is a divided game!

The unpopular opinion thread seems to go like this:

1. Someone says something about Fates. Anything works, really.

2. The one guy starts yelling about it.

3. Everyone starts yelling at the one guy.

4. Rinse and repeat for days until a mod tells everyone to stop being dumb.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Never mind, never mind. We're wiping the slate clean. I've got a ninja force now. The ninja force, damnit! Well I mean, half of the ninja force is currently missing, but I'm sure I'll get her back soon.

I know that people consider them meek compared to the mage line, but i don't think that they are unable to function, quite the opposite, really.

The unpopular opinion thread seems to go like this:

1. Someone says something about Fates. Anything works, really.

2. The one guy starts yelling about it.

3. Everyone starts yelling at the one guy.

4. Rinse and repeat for days until a mod tells everyone to stop being dumb.

Perfect summary, although my point is if everyone that talks about it has to argue every time, why bother? It's just hurting everyone, and doesn't seem like much fun.

Saw No Way Home last night. Very good, best Spider-Man movie if Into the Spider-Verse didn't exist.

I cannot talk about it without spoiling everything. Best I can say is that the cinematography and music is based, other than that, if you know, you know.

Edited by Armagon