Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lechter was supposedly kidding about working with the Noble Faction to kill Osborne… I’m not so sure, game, Lechter’s done the whole kidding about something super serious thing like twice now, here would be the perfect time to drop the plot twist and no one bat an eye!

The game keeps talking about how well everything was going, but then just name dropped Dorothy. Twice! Now is obviously when she’s going to reveal herself as the grandmaster.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Rody? Eh, I'll take it. Rody's cool enough. In the game where he is a character, that is.

He turned out a lot better that I expected. He took a while to catch up to Luke and Cecille, but he really snowballed afterwards.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

this map of Vandal Hearts, we ambush a patrol party and slaughter them to the last even though they don't even try to fight us.

Thats the map with Lando and his guard mutts, right?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To add to what the others have said, there's also Beruka, Reina I think wears pants too, Rinkah, Setsuna... Honestly, there's more than you'd think. The problem is that, well, there's also more pantless women than you'd think. There's a healthy mix of both, which isn't great, it'd be better to have more pants than not.

I can't tell if Beruka is wearing pants or if she's wearing puffy leggings with tights underneath. Rinkah wears pants despite also wearing a loincloth which is confusing. Orochi...kind of wears pants. And then from there you have a bunch of characters where it's hard to tell if they're wearing pants or tights.

On a different note, Hinoka and Camila both don't wear pants despite also being the units who ride on flying mounts which is just damn impressive.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

One Piece is too long for me to get into,

Same. Sometimes I think about getting into it, then I realize it's simply not worth it.

If I want my super long-running animanga series, I'll stick to JoJo.

2 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. You know that I criticized this version of Spidey for relying a lot on technology, on Stark and not really knowing the meaning of “With great power, comes great responsibility”. It was painful to see him uncharacterized in this way, especially coming soon after a movie that nailed Spidey's portrayal. I've posted a video here before, and I'm going to expand on the points that make Spider-Man:

1. Scientific genius at the service of his own journey
  2. Financial difficulties
  3. The big romantic issues (kinda)
  4. The uniform tearing, showing that even with superpowers he is not invincible
  5. Antagonism between media and public opinion
  6. Lone wolf side
  7. Trauma

Especially the trauma. These were the main characteristics of the character envisioned by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko that were absent from the current portrayal of Spider-Man. But I doubted the guys up there would listen to the opinion that some people complain about in an obscure internet forum.

Oh boy, I was wrong.

I wanted to say that I left the theater feeling satisfied because the screenwriters listened to the critics. It's a film that corrects the course of this Spidey in a way that is sensitive and very reverent to the character's story. It's the first time I've felt that the character I know and love is actually on MCU. This film does carry the soul of comics and the quality of the Amazing Spider-Man's adventures. It is the biggest fanservice in the history of cinema and the biggest continuity correction in the history of the seventh art, the culmination of a 20-year history. I'm extremely excited about what the future holds for his Tom and Peter in a way I've never been before.

A love letter, the best Spider-Man movie ever made.

No Way Home is so good, it brought back 06.

Welcome back.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So CS III just isnt standing out to me in any way (Shrimpy warnings were ignored many times) and the combat is just... Bland. I dunno why, but it just feels sluggish overall. Difficulty not included in this opinion. Im not near done yet but I wanted to get that out there. (And admit Shrimpy was right)

It is the weakest Trails imo. Mostly because of atrocious pacing. Combat is...... honestly not that different tbh. Like apart from Brave Orders, it's not a significant change like Sky -> Crossbell or Crossbell -> Cold Steel.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And an observation on Crosscode- the puzzles can bring my brain to a total halt, in a way I haven't seen before. I'm entirely capable of completing 15 Picross puzzles in short succession, but that seems rather unlikely with Xcode. Earlier today I completed a few puzzles, only for my brain to encounter one where it froze, wholly overwhelmed and unable to process it at all. I came back a little later and miraculously with a cleared mind, managed to get it done fairly quickly and easily. Only then for another puzzle further down the line to stand in the way that resulted in the same kind of immediate neural overload.

I absolutely understand this point, and it did happen to me a few times on my first playthrough. Especially in the first and second dungeons.

Knowing this now, I will warn you: CrossCode's true final dungeon will likely take you like a week. Just going off of what you've said about how the puzzles affect your mind.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How was that a significant change?

Well for starters, it's kinda like really hard for me to go back to pre-Crossbell combat. So I'm basing it off that.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Knowing this now, I will warn you: CrossCode's true final dungeon will likely take you like a week. Just going off of what you've said about how the puzzles affect your mind.

Oh.

On a per-hour basis, the game is certainly involved. Even traversing the overworld isn't completely passive, as finding the cliffs to jump up and across to reach the many treasures and related small puzzles requires brainpower. Let nobody call this game mindless.

BTW, on an unrelated note, I randomly discovered this new (revealed within the past week) officially licensed merchandise minutes ago.:

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim-yakisoba-pan-merc

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well for starters, it's kinda like really hard for me to go back to pre-Crossbell combat. So I'm basing it off that.

To me it feels literally like, the same, but the player’s arsenal is slightly more balanced within itself (arts don’t completely obsolete physical attacks, the game isn’t an earth wall fest, etc.) and the games are a little easier.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh.

To put it into perspective, the true final dungeon is basically it's own area. It's absolutely gargantuan compared to what came before but it's justified in it's very cool mechanics.

Not trying to scare you here or anything, I just want you to keep it in mind. At any rate, this is the post-game DLC, so it's not like you have to worry about it for the "main" game.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW, on an unrelated note, I randomly discovered this new (revealed within the past week) officially licensed merchandise minutes ago.:

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim-yakisoba-pan-merc

This is based.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

To me it feels literally like, the same, but the player’s arsenal is slightly more balanced within itself (arts don’t completely obsolete physical attacks, the game isn’t an earth wall fest, etc.) and the games are a little easier.

S-Crafts are also AoE as opposed to singular which is lame (single target S-Crafts I mean).

It also has to do with the advantage and disadvantage states, something Sky does not have.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

S-Crafts are also AoE as opposed to singular which is lame (single target S-Crafts I mean).

It also has to do with the advantage and disadvantage states, something Sky does not have.

Wut

Wrong on both counts

Sky had AoE s-crafts, and had battle advantages  and disadvantages

20 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you, Cold Steel for making me break the boundaries... just my luck...

79e613b095061d848cfcff1968e30b71.jpg

Can you manage to speedrun from here?

3 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. You know that I criticized this version of Spidey for relying a lot on technology, on Stark and not really knowing the meaning of “With great power, comes great responsibility”. It was painful to see him uncharacterized in this way, especially coming soon after a movie that nailed Spidey's portrayal. I've posted a video here before, and I'm going to expand on the points that make Spider-Man:

1. Scientific genius at the service of his own journey
  2. Financial difficulties
  3. The big romantic issues (kinda)
  4. The uniform tearing, showing that even with superpowers he is not invincible
  5. Antagonism between media and public opinion
  6. Lone wolf side
  7. Trauma

Especially the trauma. These were the main characteristics of the character envisioned by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko that were absent from the current portrayal of Spider-Man. But I doubted the guys up there would listen to the opinion that some people complain about in an obscure internet forum.

Oh boy, I was wrong.

I wanted to say that I left the theater feeling satisfied because the screenwriters listened to the critics. It's a film that corrects the course of this Spidey in a way that is sensitive and very reverent to the character's story. It's the first time I've felt that the character I know and love is actually on MCU. This film does carry the soul of comics and the quality of the Amazing Spider-Man's adventures. It is the biggest fanservice in the history of cinema and the biggest continuity correction in the history of the seventh art, the culmination of a 20-year history. I'm extremely excited about what the future holds for his Tom and Peter in a way I've never been before.

A love letter, the best Spider-Man movie ever made.

So you're saying watch it?

Well, if there's not a lockdown.

Which is likely here.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sky has advantage and disadvantage states, the only difference is you don’t have to attack enemies from behind in the over world to get max advantage. Simply run into them from the back for max advantage, and if they run into you from the back, sucks to be you.

Sky also has a ton of AoE S-crafts, not sure why you think that. Maybe because you don’t get them immediately, if you just tried to go back to Sky? Since Estelle’s first S-craft is single target (actually, all of hers are), and so is Joshua’s, and then you get Schera, who also has a single target S-craft.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sky had AoE s-crafts,

Well yeah it did but not everyone had it like in the later games. Heck Estelle never gets one at all which is really weird.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

and had battle advantages  and disadvantages

I literally do not remember then lol.

Oh I remember why now. Cause Haze gem exists and it basically makes it so you're garuanteed max advantages.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sky also has a ton of AoE S-crafts, not sure why you think that. Maybe because you don’t get them immediately, if you just tried to go back to Sky?

Yeah this is it really. Crossbell and Cold Steel really spoiled me because S-Crafts are super cool and hit everyone and then Sky S-Crafts at first hit one and it's super lame in comparison.

Edited by Armagon

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yeah it did but not everyone had it like in the later games. Heck Estelle never gets one at all which is really weird.

Estelle is the only character who doesn’t get one though, until

Spoiler

Richard

in Sky 3rd but you could use literally anyone else if you wanted one.

Oh I remember why now. Cause Haze gem exists and it basically makes it so you're garuanteed max advantages.

Ah, yeah, that was fun. I guess that means it never comes back? That sucks, I thought it was a nice tool to have.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yeah it did but not everyone had it like in the later games.

Variety and balance

Something the modern game don't know

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heck Estelle never gets one at all which is really weird

But she had the 2nd strongest one, with the strongest also being single target and only very slightly stronger

Ya know, variety and balance, and not just one shotting the whole field like certain sins against humanity

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Just now, Sooks said:

Ah, yeah, that was fun. I guess that means it never comes back? That sucks, I thought it was a nice tool to have.

Pretty much. Though it's easier to sneak around enemies, in my experience anyway.

The fact that some characters can stun enemies from a distance also helps.

People are again talking about Trails gameplay, but I'm still on the first game so I don't have any interesting comments to offer. I wonder what exciting things I have to look forward to in the following games.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel like when it comes to these 1000-episode animes, either you grew you with it or you just don't.

I actually did grow up with Naruto, which proves your point, though I only watched the anime during Part I. If you go by the manga instead of the anime, Naruto is "only" 700 chapters long, while One Piece is over a thousand chapters and still isn't over. I didn't start reading the Naruto manga until 2012, two years before it ended, and I had the video games as a way to get caught up on what happened before then. Actually, I wonder if the Ultimate Ninja Storm games would be a good way to experience Naruto for the first time...

One of the reasons I usually don't watch anime is because I'd rather not deal with the time investment. Neon Genesis Evangelion is only 26 episodes and a movie, which is why it's one of the two anime I've watched fully (the other being Code Geass).

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. Sometimes I think about getting into it, then I realize it's simply not worth it.

If I want my super long-running animanga series, I'll stick to JoJo.

JoJo isn't quite the same thing because it's divided into self-contained parts, so it's easier to take breaks between them. Other mangas don't have that mercy.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

But she had the 2nd strongest one, with the strongest also being single target and only very slightly stronger

Wait, there was an S-craft stronger than Wheel of Time? Which one?

12 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

The fact that some characters can stun enemies from a distance also helps.

Having anyone other than the main character in the party lead is a crime against humanity.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

People are again talking about Trails gameplay, but I'm still on the first game so I don't have any interesting comments to offer. I wonder what exciting things I have to look forward to in the following games.

Don’t worry, you still have stuff to look forward to in your game.

Also the best video game plot but we’ll get there.

Edited by Sooks