• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Tio’s is such a nothing event. Literally nothing happens!

And Elie is even more of nothing. Just more romance pushing in a game with ''choice''.

And i like Tio more and Tio/Lloyd interactions more. Elie is downright there with CS cast for me

I may hate choices in trails but i hate pushing me towards a direction even more. Don't make choices to begin with then.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

And Elie is even more of nothing. Just more romance pushing in a game with ''choice''.

Elie’s is the only one that provides any sort of characterization or anything interesting, though. Tio’s is nothing and Randy just gives you a recap of stuff you already know. Meanwhile Elie’s gives a bit of depth to Lloyd, and makes the romance feel not horrible.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Elie’s is the only one that provides any sort of characterization or anything interesting, though. Tio’s is nothing and Randy just gives you a recap of stuff you already know. Meanwhile Elie’s gives a bit of depth to Lloyd, and makes the romance feel not horrible.

wat

you couldn't be more wrong. Elise is boredom personified with ''Lloyd'' being her only character with a shitty romance while Tio & Randy actually have interesting backstories and interaction and carry hard the Crossbell games for me, especially with how Lloyd became a beta Rean in Ao sometimes....

I could go in depth, but honestly i don't care about Trails that much anymore to write wall of texts like back then.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

wat

you couldn't be more wrong. Elise is boredom personified with ''Lloyd'' being her only character with a shitty romance while Tio & Randy actually have interesting backstories and interaction and carry hard the Crossbell games for me, especially with how Lloyd became a beta Rean in Ao sometimes....

I could go in depth, but honestly i don't care about Trails that much anymore to write wall of texts like back then.

No no, I’m not talking about the characters themselves, just their events in Zero.

Randy >>>>>> Elie and Tio.

Edited by Sooks

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They could meet in high school… with Tio as a freshman and Lloyd as an upperclassman…

Yes that's what I implied.

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

may hate choices in trails but i hate pushing me towards a direction even more. Don't make choices to begin with then.

Do not play Sakura Wars 6 then Shrimpy.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

just their events in Zero

for me Zero was Tio's game while Ao was Randy's game

Lloyd is just harem MC-kun and Elie might as well be an NPC after Zero chapter 2

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do not play Sakura Wars 6 then Shrimpy.

never planned to Ü

hSSfO0c.png

That went out wrong

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Lyon again the one true constant

I was actually going to put Azure Moon! Edelgard there, but I decided against it for the list to have an equal amount of male and female characters.

*Reads the Trails back & forth*

When I get to those eventually, I think I'll say nothing here and save all commentary until I'm done with them. Or better, play them in reverse order. But this would require the ongoing saga to end, which might happen in this decade.

---

Turned on the old PS3 and gave Odin Sphere a quick sampling again to get the mood out of me. I know I'm rusty, and was never good in the first place, but I'm not anywhere near whipping out flowing combos that kill bosses before they get as much as one chance to hit me the way YouTube tells me is possible. I lost on the first battle of the boss rush with Cornelius, and the only reason I succeeded there with Mercedes is b/c she's got reach. I was playing on Hard though (and am only level 50), lowering it ought to reduce boss aggressiveness, damage output, and possibly HP. -Not that I seriously would want to attempt the 'rush. It is nice though that failing a boss sends you back to after killing the prior one and doesn't force you to repeat everything, and that you can bring all the items you want.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or better, play them in reverse order. But this would require the ongoing saga to end, which might happen in this decade.

Nah what'll happen is that it'll end this decade but not in the West lol.

I knew i would eventually regret getting the whole thread on the Trails train.

Nah what'll happen is that it'll end this decade but not in the West lol.

Would be good if West got Kuro 1 this decade lol

I finally survived Trails’ beach episode. I tried to spread points around evenly (I only picked any character once, and only playable characters), but I’m not 100% sure every pick-your-character thing is worth the same amount of points, and if it’s not then… well…

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Would be good if West got Kuro 1 this decade lol

Kuro 2 sounds very finale-like despite what Kondo said which means my joke about the entire Kuro arc ending before the West gets the first game will actually be a prophecy that came true.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kuro 2 sounds very finale-like despite what Kondo said which means my joke about the entire Kuro arc ending before the West gets the first game will actually be a prophecy that came true.

I mean, if Kuro 3 is gonna be a thing it will probably come out in 2024 or 2023 if Falcom wants to do another Trails year...which is still before Kuro 1 is projected to come out in the west lol

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean, if Kuro 3 is gonna be a thing it will probably come out in 2024 or 2023 if Falcom wants to do another Trails year...which is still before Kuro 1 is projected to come out in the west lol

Imma be honest, time does not exist for me anymore because I thought Kuro came out last year.

>Fates Witch gets Warp at level 25

Oh man, I thought Azura with Warp would be endgame. I was so, so blissfully wrong.

Oh, yeah I know I've been kinda quiet lately, been out for much of the last few days and haven't played anything either.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, Father Shrimpas said:
  • Everyone and their mother worships Alm just the same like they do Avatars in other games, or even more so. Only difference he isn't an avatar so people kinda overlook it?

I might be opening Pandora's box here, but I'd say for most characters, it's actually justified. He was kind of the leader type in his rag-tag group of friends, so most of those look up to him. Lucas saw the veteran knight abandon the country when they needed him, and his grandson (who was probably trained by him and thus is probably capable) decides to go to war in his place, showcasing the guts he wished Mycen had. For Clive, he wishes to lessen the gap between commoners and nobles, and thus a "commoner" rising to the occasion to lead a rebellion is a powerful symbol to him and he appreciates what Alm brings. I didn't feel Matilda, Zeke, Tatyana, Forsyth, Python, Silque, Delthea or Luthier were that worshipping of Alm, but then again it's been a while, so maybe I'm missing some hints here and there. There's the Clair situation of prisoner gushing about the "person who rescued them" which is kind of weird considering her brother, who she knows would have created the plan to rescue her, was there, but it's the only instance where I really feel like it's forced, except for Celica, which was very unfortunate.

Then if you look at the enemies' side, well, the resistance showcases Alm as their leader to provide an effect on the nobility, so of course people will consider his actions more than just the army in the context of the story, since the goal of the story is directly pertaining to that. It wasn't the most skillfully done, for sure, but it was still logical that they'd see him as a threat because of what he represents, and "his" army is also kinda causing big trouble in certain battles, even though as you said, there's a problem with too many bandits being the main storyline for battles.