Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hey Trails teeheers, I’m seeing conflicting reports on the good ol’ internet, so I have a question.

In Azure, do you get to “pick” whose final bonding event you get to see by approaching them at the right time, provided you have enough points, or does the game pick for you? If anyone remembers, it would be very nice if they do. The scenes in question are on an airship at the end of the game, after clearing Stargazer’s tower, and would just be Lloyd and one of the playable characters. They should end with Lloyd and whichever character getting an upgraded combo craft.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uuuoooooorrrghhhh

Guuhhhaaaaaaaaahhh

Grrraaaaaahhhhhhh

Unnnnghhhhhhh

Agonyyyyyyyyy

Hiking is so much fun

It’s okay, you got to miss the complete Trails takeover of the thread for like 6 pages.

And hey, exercise is good for you! And fun. I’ve never been hiking, but it sounds nice. Provided that it wasn’t -2 degrees out, but you know.

48 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

He was kind of the leader type in his rag-tag group of friends, so most of those look up to him. Lucas saw the veteran knight abandon the country when they needed him, and his grandson (who was probably trained by him and thus is probably capable) decides to go to war in his place, showcasing the guts he wished Mycen had.

This applies to all avatars as well. Close group of friends + someones they helped

48 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

For Clive, he wishes to lessen the gap between commoners and nobles, and thus a "commoner" rising to the occasion to lead a rebellion is a powerful symbol to him and he appreciates what Alm brings

here's my first big problem. I am gonna actually agree with Mc.Blue Blood supremacy and says Alm is a literal nobody. He didn't do anything worthwhile to become the leader of the rebellion. A small outpost + Bandits ain't anything big scale. Or atleast the game failed to make it seem like something big like how other FEs do certain similiar events. 

There should've been more pushback from allies as well, and not painting the only one against the decision as a Noble supremacist. It all screams MC worship

And then when you continue with the story, Alm literally does nothing wrong. Add to that the fact that he

• is a child of destiny
  • Someone everyone, and not just his pals, looks up to
  • One up's Celica every time

and the only difference between him and avatars is that Alm isn't an avatar. Infact he is worse than Avatars in some cases as i don't remember any of the Avatars having to save Damsels so many times like Alm did.

Btw: Welcome to Teehee Ü

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

do you get to “pick” whose final bonding event

iirc it was this.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uuuoooooorrrghhhh

Guuhhhaaaaaaaaahhh

Grrraaaaaahhhhhhh

Unnnnghhhhhhh

Agonyyyyyyyyy

Hiking is so much fun

Ü

Edited by Father Shrimpas

56 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I might be opening Pandora's box here, but I'd say for most characters, it's actually justified.

Oh, hey there! Welcome! I don’t know just how great of a first impression you’re getting from joining, here, now, but this is a cool chat thread.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

iirc it was this.

Yes! That makes seeing them all and getting all of the achievements so much easier! It also cuts down on the math I have to do! Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s okay, you got to miss the complete Trails takeover of the thread for like 6 pages.

Great.

When I stop dying I will respond to more shit. For now I just wanna say, @Father Shrimpas I love that you consider me an ally in the Trails war even though I hate all of Trails, good and bad. That's just hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

This applies to all avatars as well. Close group of friends + someones they helped

I wouldn't say all avatars. Robin just happened to randomly stumble upon a group of people he'd never met before, but he is supposedly a good strategist (not in MY runs, that's for sure) so everyone looks up to them.

Corrin is kinda true, except replace friends by family.

Byleth is their professor, sure, but you don't see the other students harping on about how great Manuela or Hanneman are, and they always praise them so much when they have even LESS personality and agency than a plank of wood. 

Kris... I'm not too sure. I know Kris is a Marth enthusiast, but I don't recall many people being all over Kris except Katarina. Might be wrong though, only played it once quite a while ago.

I guess you could count Mark, but well, it's literally a placeholder for your strategies, and I guess they like your strategies because they can't come up with them themselves, so it kinda makes sense they value you?

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

here's my first big problem. I am gonna actually agree with Mc.Blue Blood supremacy and says Alm is a literal nobody. He didn't do anything worthwhile to become the leader of the rebellion. A small outpost + Bandits ain't anything big scale. Or atleast the game failed to make it seem like something big like how other FEs do certain similiar events. 

Yeah, he's a nobody. He's not the leader because of his exploits. He's the leader because of what he symbolizes. Leaders of armies aren't always the ones who did the most amazing deeds, and in the end, he's not truly leading the army since most war plans are made by the actually war-knowledgeable people.

8 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

There should've been more pushback from allies as well, and not painting the only one against the decision as a Noble supremacist. It all screams MC worship

I'm going to agree on this. There's some pushback from Tobin, but only because of jealousy.  It would've been more interesting to not have the only one disagreeing being painted as a baddie.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

And then when you continue with the story, Alm literally does nothing wrong. Add to that the fact that he

• is a child of destiny
  • Someone everyone, and not just his pals, looks up to
  • One up's Celica every time

and the only difference between him and avatars is that Alm isn't an avatar. Infact he is worse than Avatars in some cases as i don't remember any of the Avatars having to save Damsels so many times like Alm did.

Well, yeah, but isn't that the case for like every single MC? Well, except Ike in PoR I guess because of Shinon and the whole story being about racism so there needed to be some pushback. It's true he does save girls a few times.

8 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Byleth is their professor, sure, but you don't see the other students harping on about how great Manuela or Hanneman are, and they always praise them so much when they have even LESS personality and agency than a plank of wood. 

Except at the start many many had qualms about Byleth being suddenly their teacher, and some joked about it or showed outright surprise. He had to prove themselves the first few chapters before they started trusting him.

And Rhea had her plans.

Robin just happened to randomly stumble upon a group of people he'd never met before, but he is supposedly a good strategist (not in MY runs, that's for sure) so everyone looks up to them

Atleast there was some form of pushback from Fredrick and Fredrick wasn't painted as the literal devil.

He's the leader because of what he symbolizes

...except he doesn't symbolize anything. I get what clive is going for, but i am with Mr. Blue Blood here. You don't just put a nobody who did nothing worthile as a leader of an army that already exists.

Well, yeah, but isn't that the case for like every single MC? Well, except Ike in PoR I guess because of Shinon and the whole story being about racism so there needed to be some pushback.

Well, you already brought up Ike. The rest were either Royalty and/or already resistance leaders (like Miccy). That gives them much more validty.

Someone like Alm needed to have half the game push him back first (like with Ike in PoR) and not everything being handed on a golden platter.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Good morning to ye!

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uuuoooooorrrghhhh

Guuhhhaaaaaaaaahhh

Grrraaaaaahhhhhhh

Unnnnghhhhhhh

Agonyyyyyyyyy

Hiking is so much fun

Blizzard's coming 'round our area today it seems. Would be a perfect day to hike barefoot in the snow!

13 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

It’s good to be home for the holidays.

Welcome back!

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

LBezigf.png

Where do I fall if I just want Josette to be playable?

And once again, the game is really letting me know Rixia has more to her, since if you take her to the top of the tower and have her make her wish, she gives some nonsense that’s obviously a lie and then as Lloyd walks away the camera stayed focused on her and she says something about “a wish that can never come true”. Come on game, stop taunting me with Rixia’s goodness! Just get to that part already!

The game teases you even further if you take her to the fortune teller but how is a spoiler so that’s all I’ll say. I just have a feeling Rixia is gonna end this game as the best character. She’s basically the Olivier of Crossbell at this point.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And once again, the game is really letting me know Rixia has more to her, since if you take her to the top of the tower and have her make her wish, she gives some nonsense that’s obviously a lie and then as Lloyd walks away the camera stayed focused on her and she says something about “a wish that can never come true”. Come on game, stop taunting me with Rixia’s goodness! Just get to that part already!

The game teases you even further if you take her to the fortune teller but how is a spoiler so that’s all I’ll say. I just have a feeling Rixia is gonna end this game as the best character. She’s basically the Olivier of Crossbell at this point.

Pro tip: View her final bonding. Only there will stuff be revealed

33 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Except at the start many many had qualms about Byleth being suddenly their teacher, and some joked about it or showed outright surprise. He had to prove themselves the first few chapters before they started trusting him.

Eh, proving themselves wasn't really an issue there. The only true pushback Byleth gets comes from Hubert, who is showcased as the guy with no morals. Sure, some say "oh, I'm not too sure about you being the new teacher, you seem too young/inexperienced", but they fall into MC pandering like one or two chapters later if you're the leader of their main house. Though I guess there's a point to be made that a chapter amounts to one month, so at least they had time to grow to like them. I'd have just given them a personality to justify it.

34 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Atleast there was some form of pushback from Fredrick and Fredrick wasn't painted as the literal devil.

That's true enough. Fredrick was a very welcome character.

35 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...except he doesn't symbolize anything. I get what clive is going for, but i am with Mr. Blue Blood here. You don't just put a nobody who did nothing worthile as a leader of an army that already exists.

Yeah, I agree with Fernand with the execution of it as well. The plan would be to have Alm as the FACE of the army while others take the decisions in the shadows, but Clive was a little too trusting in nature to do this efficiently. Alm could just drive the army off course on a whim and Clive wouldn't bat an eye. More tension between Clive who'd want Alm to pursue his designs, and Alm, who'd become too confident of his abilities after being chosen as the leader, would've been more interesting.

37 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well, you already brought up Ike. The rest were either Royalty and/or already resistance leaders (like Miccy). That gives them much more validty.

Someone like Alm needed to have half the game push him back first (like with Ike in PoR) and not everything being handed on a golden platter.

yeah, I guess if you're joining the royal army, you must have some sort of patriotism in you. Though, again, apart from his group of friends and like Clive and Clair, I don't remember that much MC pandering from the characters. And if Clive says to follow Alm, people who trust in Clive for the same reasons those characters would've trusted the MC from another game would trust Alm all the same. To me, all this argumentation boils down mainly to "Clive is too naive".

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh, hey there! Welcome! I don’t know just how great of a first impression you’re getting from joining, here, now, but this is a cool chat thread.

Haha, don't worry, I've read some of it earlier. It seems pretty chill and interesting. Thanks for the welcome! 😃 

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Pro tip: View her final bonding. Only there will stuff be revealed

Will do! Hers is pretty easy to unlock if you see all her scenes (I have a guide), because you only need to make one choice with her after doing so, which I have, thanks to your favorite scene at the beach.

The only true pushback Byleth gets comes from Hubert

Seteth as well, along with few others iirc. Has been a while since i played 3H tho but i remember liking this bit quite a bit.

they fall into MC pandering like one or two chapters later if you're the leader of their main house. Though I guess there's a point to be made that a chapter amounts to one month, so at least they had time to grow to like them. I'd have just given them a personality to justify it.

fair enough on all 3 points.

The plan would be to have Alm as the FACE of the army

That doesn't make sense either, imo. Why would a nobody who achieved nothing be the face of the army? It really doesn't work imo.

If there were some real battles with maps where Alm achieved victory this would've made much much more sense imo

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, don't worry, I've read some of it earlier. It seems pretty chill and interesting. Thanks for the welcome! 😃 

Do enjoy your stay 😉

We don't bite...much...

Ü

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Will do! Hers is pretty easy to unlock if you see all her scenes (I have a guide), because you only need to make one choice with her after doing so, which I have, thanks to your favorite scene at the beach.

so who did you cream?

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

so who did you cream?

That was what I meant by your favorite scene at the beach. I picked Rixia. And then took a nice long reflection on my life choices.

I'd say this is where the calendar of the game fails to convey much. Each Act takes over the course of a season, that is, three months. By the time Alm reaches the Deliverance Hideout how long was it since leaving Ram? Of course, this assumes they liberated Zofia Castle on the 90th day.

Though yes, Clive mostly does it due to Alm supposedly being Mycen's grandson and Lukas vouching for his skills, having seen it firsthand. And of course Fernand goes hypocritical by denouncing Lukas a minor noble and Mycen as a disgraced commoner war hero so their bloodlines are still not worth damn.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say this is where the calendar of the game fails to convey much

I think also the battles fail to convey it imo. If the battles up to the castle capture were more...solid maps, and the outpost was something tough, it would've felt more like Alm achieved something, i guess?

The disonance between gameplay and story is quite big here, so i guess that may be my main problem?

It never has been much of a problem to me. I've long to learn to disassociate the gameplay with the story, since as a video game, the latter has to bend to the former in which has to be the main draw of the product.

Edited by Acacia Sgt