Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Hide contents

I haven't gotten any alternate ending yet, no. Thought about trying out the hidden dungeon today. 

Spoiler

The bad endings are... Hard to watch. Things don't end well for Sunny and Basil, let's just say.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimpresident said:
  Hide contents

Gamma is True Suffering

No kidding. I wasn't expecting to feel bad for Prop, of all characters.

Spoiler

Sometimes the least graphic afflictions are the most horrifying. Her revealing her hair is a wig was ten times worse than any of the times she got splattered.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Sometimes the least graphic afflictions are the most horrifying. Her revealing her hair is a wig was ten times worse than any of the times she got splattered.

Spoiler

Yeah that moment was a true wtf one. And more F for Okabe and Mayushii

Biggest wtf tho...Mountain Dew

Edited by Shrimpresident

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hide contents

I haven't gotten any alternate ending yet, no. Thought about trying out the hidden dungeon today. 
As for the water thing, I think it's the intended conclusion the game wants the player to get. It saves water for last in phobias, having Mari go down a long staircase to disappear  completely at the bottom. It also specifies "you're scared of drowning" rather than water, which is very logical, and yet effective wording to make you think of a traumatic event rather than a general fear. The library scene serves to tell you Sunny was already scared of water, and Mari isn't mentioned in the lake part, from what I recall. Though again, that part can lead to the opposite conclusion on the basis that Mari's death is probably what lead the friends to stop seeing each other, with that kind of narrative... I still think the game heavily wants you to take water as the "Mari's death" explanation XP And I fell for it hard, haha.

Spoiler

If you want to get all the alternate endings, it will be pretty easy if you have a save from Basil’s house at the end of the game. The first bad ending, and the only other ending exclusive to the main route, happens when you lose to Omori and the game asks “do you want to continue”, if you press no. After you’ve seen that one, reload that save in Basil’s house (is there a picnic basket right before duet? Not sure, but if you have a save there it would be easier to use for the first one, you have to back to Basil’s house after though). After the whole “truth” part of the game when Sunny wakes back up and you would ordinarily go to Basil’s room, have him interact with his sleeping bag instead and choose to have him go back to sleep. The game will lock you into the hikikomori endings after this, but even with those you don’t fully know what happens if you don’t go back to sleep at Basil’s house first. They are pretty hard to watch, but very good imo, mainly because the small details they include really tie things together.

And hey, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with thinking she drowned! It’s not like I came at all close to predicting the twist. I read it online before I played the game and still managed to completely forget about it until I saw stairs right at that moment, and it all came back. I just find the fixation on the water segment interesting.

Okay, kids rescued, BP at 5, day's almost over. I think I might call it enough for the day... or, hmm... yeah, probably already enough Trails for today.

Did Trails actually kill off a character…? I mean he was just a random side character who got like two scenes, but he was named and known to have someone else who cared about him. And you have to see that person grieve a tiny bit to progress with the story, showing you how bad this conflict be. Even though they didn’t have to do any of that. Good job, game.

*Wraith looks on at the unendurable, unending horror facing him*

Emperor our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle—be Thou near them! With them—in spirit—we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Emperor our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their blasphemous dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their horrid homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it—

For our sakes who adore Thee, Emperor, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!

Edited by WraithReborn

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I volunteer to be Eddie Brock, because by the time I figure out what everyone's arguing about, the conflict is already over.

Don`t worry, the conflict isn't over yet...

I have finished Momohime's story. Now I will get both her and Kisuke's 2nd endings and simply look up the third.

Edit: i am not at a high enough level to use them.

Yeah I'll just watch it instead.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Emojis were invented for Japan. Japanese is not quite as easy to type in as languages that use the latin alphabet. Why do you think there are so many Japanese-themed emojis?

Rice balls, sushi, sake, dango, the Japanese symbol for a novice driver, a love hotel, Japanese dolls, bamboo, a thing for Tanabata, mahjong and hanafuda cards, the Japanese symbol for a hot spring/spa. All vestiges of their Japanese origins.

Huh.

I feel like LINE images are still common, so maybe that made me think it less likely. More fool me.

Then again, I'm someone pretty much never using them, so not like I'd know.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

XUfiuAf.png

Sorry

No Odin and Niles surrounding the party smh /s

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

*Wraith looks on at the unendurable, unending horror facing him*

Again, Lovecraftian horrors finding the perfect method of torturing it's victim.

lePfggz.jpg

Oh hey, it’s that character Shrimpy likes.

Aaaand I used all my healing items on her battle and only barely, barely won. Welp. Don’t be too mad Shrimpy, she’s pretty much immune to delay so there’s that.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No Odin and Niles surrounding the party smh /s

While a lost opportunity, he had 2 generic minions with him, so..

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Finished CS IV, both endings. 

Ratings later, dont expect alot positive, though.

You survived!

I expect a good trashing Ü

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I used all my healing items

Items...

In cold steel...

Yeah you lost all your Trails skills...all of it

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, it’s that character Shrimpy likes.

In cs1 i honestly found her annoying kek

But she's the only one to escape the Rean's dick attractor

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you want to get all the alternate endings, it will be pretty easy if you have a save from Basil’s house at the end of the game. The first bad ending, and the only other ending exclusive to the main route, happens when you lose to Omori and the game asks “do you want to continue”, if you press no. After you’ve seen that one, reload that save in Basil’s house (is there a picnic basket right before duet? Not sure, but if you have a save there it would be easier to use for the first one, you have to back to Basil’s house after though). After the whole “truth” part of the game when Sunny wakes back up and you would ordinarily go to Basil’s room, have him interact with his sleeping bag instead and choose to have him go back to sleep. The game will lock you into the hikikomori endings after this, but even with those you don’t fully know what happens if you don’t go back to sleep at Basil’s house first. They are pretty hard to watch, but very good imo, mainly because the small details they include really tie things together.

And hey, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with thinking she drowned! It’s not like I came at all close to predicting the twist. I read it online before I played the game and still managed to completely forget about it until I saw stairs right at that moment, and it all came back. I just find the fixation on the water segment interesting.

Spoiler

Alright, so did the secret recycultist dungeon and the extra endings. Aubrey's tag photos were amazing. Apart from that however, I found the dungeon as a whole a little underwhelming. It was fun though. The bad end ending song was... jarring to say the least, but it was better than the repeated SFX of both Normal ends. The normal ends are pretty brutal indeed. Though I think using back the "it's a long way down, do you want to jump" line in the bad end was more effective for me. Maybe it was just because I had seen Basil and Omori get stabbed/mangled/murdered repeatedly in White/Blackspace. However I must say that your friends' dialogue for the normal ends is pretty gripping. 

I was told people were coming here tonight.

No sign of them. It is too late to keep waiting.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

While a lost opportunity, he had 2 generic minions with him, so..

Maybe so.

20 hours ago, Lorneus said:

I think Faerghast has some interesting videos, but he doesn't have a lot of let's plays if that's what you're looking for. He did have a randomized 3H playthrough however which was pretty funny. If you're playing Heroes at all, Phoenixmaster1 is pretty great honestly. I like Excelblem's videos for laughs too. 

Oh man I forgot about Faeghast, thanks for reminding me!! I'll have to check out those other two as well, thanks Lorneus!

19 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I’ll gladly recommend FED/Fire Emblem Discussion. Great channel. Adam (the channel’s owner) is a really nice guy too.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, this is exactly what I'm looking for, small comfy channels to just chill out to, thank you for the recommendation!

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Items...

In cold steel...

Yeah you lost all your Trails skills...all of it

Hey, hey, I told you, she’s immune to delay! Therefore, she can’t be cheesed!

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:
  Hide contents

Alright, so did the secret recycultist dungeon and the extra endings. Aubrey's tag photos were amazing. Apart from that however, I found the dungeon as a whole a little underwhelming. It was fun though. The bad end ending song was... jarring to say the least, but it was better than the repeated SFX of both Normal ends. The normal ends are pretty brutal indeed. Though I think using back the "it's a long way down, do you want to jump" line in the bad end was more effective for me. Maybe it was just because I had seen Basil and Omori get stabbed/mangled/murdered repeatedly in White/Blackspace. However I must say that your friends' dialogue for the normal ends is pretty gripping. 

Spoiler

My favorite part of the alternate endings is the way Sunny deludes himself into thinking a door/room isn’t there after Basil dies, the exact same thing he did with the closest where his broken violin was. It’s such a genius detail in my opinion, it really brings everything together.

The bad ending’s song is a song that’s been associated with Omori for a long time, because it was the song used in the game’s very first trailer.

Also, you remember in the good ending, when Sunny’s dreamworld friends led him to that transparent door that he refused to go in and Shadow Basil led him to Basil’s hospital room? The bad ending pretty much confirms that Sunny’s dream world friends led him to the roof. Yeah… very dark, but very good. And on the bright side, Sunny refuses in that ending. So that’s cool.