• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

lePfggz.jpg

Stand user.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Barely, but yeah I made it. 

Good, cause not much else is gonna come out of it, lmao.

Knowing how you rank things, it's gonna be like a 4/10 at worst.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

KEL_DEPRESSED.gif

My reaction to Sooks' lost skills

Atleast he seems to be having fun that way. More fun than i ever did anyway

I’d say I’m using more skill by playing this way instead of breaking the game in half.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, hey, I told you, she’s immune to delay! Therefore, she can’t be cheesed!

Reveal hidden contents

My favorite part of the alternate endings is the way Sunny deludes himself into thinking a door/room isn’t there after Basil dies, the exact same thing he did with the closest where his broken violin was. It’s such a genius detail in my opinion, it really brings everything together.

The bad ending’s song is a song that’s been associated with Omori for a long time, because it was the song used in the game’s very first trailer.

Also, you remember in the good ending, when Sunny’s dreamworld friends led him to that transparent door that he refused to go in and Shadow Basil led him to Basil’s hospital room? The bad ending pretty much confirms that Sunny’s dream world friends led him to the roof. Yeah… very dark, but very good. And on the bright side, Sunny refuses in that ending. So that’s cool.

Oh, it does that? I didn't even notice, tbh. That's pretty cool, indeed! 

Spoiler

Lol, actually, at that point in time, I was still wondering about Ruben's "don't forget the promise you made to Basil" and thought it would be something like "Don't leave me alone" cause my memory completely erased any trace of a promise, so I followed Shadow Basil immediately. Turns out I somehow forgot to water the plants on some days though, cause the extra scene didn't happen. And I was sure I did it every time I could too... Oh well, I was still able to see it when trying to confirm if I had all the endings. But that's also a really neat detail! Technically you can see it during the bad end too but only through Headspace, and seeing it in Faraway puts up the viscerality of his desire to escape, especially since that hallucination comes after overcoming Omori.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d say I’m using more skill by playing this way instead of breaking the game in half.

I wish i found a way that didn't break the game in 3000 pieces. Everything did.

I didn't even use any items during battles at all (one of the limits i put on myself) unlike you, Mr. Skill 😛

I didn't use very obvious and known one shotter s-craft builds, either.

I put even more limits.

Yet everything still broke.

If i had put any more limits i might as well have played Dragon Quest instead, if the only way to have fun is to not use central gameplay mechanics. Mechanics from a system i very much enjoy

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

I wish i found a way that didn't break the game in 3000 pieces. Everything did.

I didn't even use any items during battles at all (one of the limits i put on myself) unlike you, Mr. Skill 😛

I didn't use very obvious and known one shotter s-crafts either.

Yet everything still broke

But, the bosses literally deal so much damage, how do I play this game without healing?

Muramasa is pretty fun (review)

First game i beat in 2022 and man, it is a good one. I was introduced to Vanillaware through the masterpiece that is 13 Sentinels but i've known that that game is a departure from what these guy usually do. Luckily a friend of mine gifted me Muramasa (along with fellow Vanillaware game Odin Sphere Leifthrasir) for Christmas and after a few days, i finally beat it. And boy, this game is pretty good.

As far as the visuals goes, this is easily one of the prettiest 2D games i've ever played. I know hand-drawn 2D art is Vanillaware's MO but it admittedly did not shine in it's full potential in 13 Sentinels. While the art in 13 Sentinels is pretty good, i feel like this game showed me what Vanillaware is truly capable of when it comes to 2D art. I would often be staring at the backgrounds of levels just because it was so neat and it helps that this game has a killer soundtrack as well, one that's better than what is in 13 Sentinels (even if that one was also good). I'm looking forward to seeing more of this talent when i eventually get to Odin Sphere.

Gameplay-wise, it is admittedly pretty braindead. I did not get any game overs at all until near the end. However, this made it for a great game to unwind with after coming home from work so the easy difficulty is absolutely fine here. Unwinding after a long day by cutting through legions of enemies will always be fun and, to make a comparison, the more i played it, the more i was feeling like "man, this is just Tales LMBS combat but actually good and fun to play". There is a harder difficulty as well but i did get bodied when i switched to it so i never really played the game on it. However, what i don't like about the gameplay is the level restrictions on all the Muramasas you can craft. On one hand, it's to prevent you from just saving up and crafting the most powerful one but on the other hand, like 70% of them are unusable unless you grind a lot in the optional Caves of Evil. It does not help that you need to be at a very high level to even view the alternate endings for each character, something that in the end, i just watched on YouTube. Ending rankings btw are Kisuke 2 > Momohime 2 > Kisuke 3 > Kisuke 1 = Momohime 1 > Momohime 3

Speaking of the plot, it's definitely not the point of the game. It was interesting coming from 13 Sentinels, a very heavy plot game, to this, where the plot is basically a non-factor. But that's ok, what's here works. It's honestly comparable to an Inti Creates game, even if i'm generally more invested in Inti Creates plots and characters.

If you're looking for a short and quick game to play, definitely check this one out. 

8/10

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nah you're actually just playing the version of Cold Steel that me and 06 played.

The one from the alt dimension where it's actually not super easy apparently. It leaked again.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But, the bosses literally deal so much damage, how do I play this game without healing?

The bosses rarely, if ever got to attack. They were all slow as sin. At-delay ain't the only thing.

And i said no items, not no healing. Healing Arts exist ya know

Or did CS make you forget about them? 😛

Edited by Shrimpresident

Just now, Sooks said:

The game doesn't have healers? Huh, that's pretty rare for a JRPG. Then again, from what I've seen from cosmo, it seems the teams are often forced on you? Maybe they make the healers scarcer to increase the useability of items? 

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

The game doesn't have healers? Huh, that's pretty rare for a JRPG. Then again, from what I've seen from cosmo, it seems the teams are often forced on you? Maybe they make the healers scarcer to increase the useability of items? 

It does. You can give anyone healing spells

Dedicated healers come with healing crafts as well, but literally anyone can have healing magic equipped

Edited by Shrimpresident

9 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

The game doesn't have healers? Huh, that's pretty rare for a JRPG.

Xenoblade X moment.

I mean, there are ways to heal but there's like two healing Arts in the entire game and nobody is a dedicated healer in the first place.

This sounds bad on paper perhaps but Xenoblade X gives you a lot of tools to work around it. And as someone who is very much an offense over defense/support kinda guy, this worked in my favor.

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Don`t worry, the conflict isn't over yet...

But I can't finish Cold Steel until after Azure releases, so will people still be arguing about it a year from now?

Nevermind, that's probably a stupid question.

I'll probably find enjoyment in Cold Steel if the plot and characters are interesting, and it'll be nice to see the Sky characters again (eventually, when I play IV).

12 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Trails in the Sky has one character who's geared towards healing, but Trails's magic system is like Final Fantasy VII's in that you give characters items, called quartz, that let them use spells. Every character can use every quartz, but most characters have slots reserved for a specific element (of which there are seven), like the aforementioned healer who favors Water quartz.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

there's like two healing Arts in the entire game

Tear, Teara, Tearal, Thelas, Athelas, Breath, Holy Breath, Earth pulse, Seraphic Ring

Those are more than 2 Arts, and more than 2 Art lines even. And that's just CS1

And that's without counting effects from SR Quartz and Master Quartz, like, ya know, a free party wide revive with full CP, twice

Edited by Shrimpresident

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

Tear, Teara, Tearal, Thelas, Athelas, Breath, Holy Breath, Earth pulse, Seraphic Ring

Those are more than 2 Arts, and more than 2 Art lines even. And that's just CS1

And that's without counting effects from SR Quartz and Master Quartz, like, ya know, a free party wide revive with full CP, twice

Shrimpy 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X moment.

I mean, there are ways to heal but there's like two healing Arts in the entire game and nobody is a dedicated healer in the first place.

This sounds bad on paper perhaps but Xenoblade X gives you a lot of tools to work around it. And as someone who is very much an offense over defense/support kinda guy, this worked in my favor.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X moment.

Damn. I'm the kind that needs a dedicated healer in any party I create XD Even if the game hoards you with items you could spam, I just hate using items in general and only do so in dire situations (which can work against me, granted). When you said "ways to work around it" did you mean through items, or like the stats get restored between every battle, or you can utilize your depletion of resources to your advantage? It seems like an intriguing system.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Trails in the Sky has one character who's geared towards healing, but Trails's magic system is like Final Fantasy VII's in that you give characters items, called quartz, that let them use spells. Every character can use every quartz, but most characters have slots reserved for a specific element (of which there are seven), like the aforementioned healer who favors Water quartz.

So every single one of your spells is a non consumable item that you can get multiple copies of and equip to characters which automatically gives the spell, but it disappears if you unequip it, basically? Or are they completely unique and you simply need to choose who you give it to? Or again, some sort of unlockable which you can decide which slot to put it into, while not preventing others from equipping it? FF VII is among the few FFs I haven't played so the mechanic isn't too familiar, sorry ^^''

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Shrimpy

Be more clear next time 😛

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

equip to characters which automatically gives the spell, but it disappears if you unequip it, basically?

Something like this, yeah. Although the quartz had to be installed in a certain order to access higher tier magic (in Sky and Crossbell). Cold Steel noob'ified it and gave you access to magic on a golden platter because players shouldn't think anymore

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But I can't finish Cold Steel until after Azure releases

You can technically play CS1 and 2 before Crossbell, since they happen around the same time.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

so will people still be arguing about it a year from now?

Erwin would definitely be on Eren's side : r/titanfolk

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Something like this, yeah. Although the quartz had to be installed in a certain order to access higher tier magic (in Sky and Crossbell). Cold Steel noob'ified it and gave you access to magic on a golden platter because players shouldn't think anymore

You mean like formations? Like if you equip water in slot A, fire in slot B and wind in slot C, it gives you a elemental storm spell, and if you change fire and wind from space, it would either give you nothing new or a different type of spell, but in the later entries, they just give you the elemental storm quartz outright?

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

You mean like formations? Like if you equip water in slot A, fire in slot B and wind in slot C, it gives you a elemental storm spell, and if you change fire and wind from space, it would either give you nothing new or a different type of spell, but in the later entries, they just give you the elemental storm quartz outright?

Yup, exactly.

The games even gave you a notebook with all the possible formations and combinations, all you have to figure is what you want in your party and how you want it. I had to be pretty creative sometimes as the elements came with stat buffs and debuffs,  and equating those with what magic you need. Was an interesting game of mix and match and it was a fun, but thoughtful customization mechanic.

Newer games you can just all use strongest stuff no drawbacks whatsoever

Edited by Shrimpresident