Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You know what? Fuck it. Derric it is. Bootleg Derrick is a good name for the protagonist who has the spotlight stolen from him by the resident old guy for almost the entire game.

Just now, Dayni said:

Is this a mod?

No, it's what happens when you input the Konami code with the player 2 controller at the title screen. You get advanced mode, which is a sort of hard mode that... I'm not entirely sure what it does. There's not much info on this game online. But we'll see.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it's what happens when you input the Konami code with the player 2 controller at the title screen. You get advanced mode, which is a sort of hard mode that... I'm not entirely sure what it does. There's not much info on this game online. But we'll see.

Nice.

Sadly it'll probably just open an auction page for NFTs in future.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yet they could fit that shitty-ass Mayuri ending and then make me chase down flags for an hour.

They probably didn't wanna introduce another attractor Field in the VN (you already focus on 2, and a 3rd one is introduced through Faris end). That, and the reason why undoing Lukako sent you to Gamma (while sending the og d-mail didn't) is kinda flimsy (although not impossible).

As for Mayushii ending, Eternal Polaris is now the true Mayushii ending in my heart. But i doubt you are interested in a 3 hour Mayushii content lol

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... Interesting.

The Theory fits really really well with everything we know.

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nice.

I will make an NFT out of Pike's face, and it will become the most expensive NFT in the world.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

As for Mayushii ending, Eternal Polaris is now the true Mayushii ending in my heart. But i doubt you are interested in a 3 hour Mayushii content lol

Hahaha, no.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

It's been 3000 years

Let's not forget, this game may be amazing, but it's a PSX title. The age shows in some ways... though not in others. It still blows my mind that this game has a universal enemy range display while FE took another decade to implement it lol

I don't think I've ever used the Konami code, myself. This is the first time. Goes to show how many Konami games I've played lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE took another decade to implement it lol

It's always annoying playing GBA hacks because of that and the GBA's small scren. More often than not some enemy from beyond the screen just bamboozles me. It's quite annoying honestly lol

I've changed my mind. Derric looks so weird, I can't handle it.

So instead, I'll call him Daniel. For no better reason than it might lead to a funny moment later on in the game.

It's always annoying playing GBA hacks because of that and the GBA's small scren. More often than not some enemy from beyond the screen just bamboozles me. It's quite annoying honestly lol

Nowadays most GBA hacks implement a full enemy range patch, but... yeah, GBA is pretty lacking in QoL, when you stop to think about it.

9 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

The bosses rarely, if ever got to attack. They were all slow as sin. At-delay ain't the only thing.

And i said no items, not no healing. Healing Arts exist ya know

Or did CS make you forget about them? 😛

I don’t have time for that when bosses are one shotting my entire party.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you not using faint to its fullest? Its busted to hell and back in CS 1 and 2.

Most things that resist delay resist faint, and everything else.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've nothing much to add, Sooks has already said all the things I said to him after he finished the game in the first place everything I would've wanted to tell you.

Spoiler

Hey, that’s not true. I didn’t go on a long rant about Basil’s gardening shears. I left that just for you. 😉

Just now, Sooks said:

Hide contents

Hey, that’s not true. I didn’t go on a long rant about Basil’s gardening shears. I left that just for you. 😉

Why are you so fixated on that? I didn't rant half as much about that as I do Three Houses!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t have time for that

???

Bosses in could steel are slow as fuck. You can easily cast and do everything you need before they get another attack

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

when bosses are one shotting my entire party

They only do that with S-crafts, which not even many Bosses have. You shouldn't even let them use it, and even if you fumble and they did, Angel + Seraphic Ring is there to save your behind

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Most things that resist delay resist faint, and everything else

Resist =/= immune. You can very easily increase the chance with status quartz, which stack in this game.

Even those with just 10% delay vulnerability can get delayed to infinity thanks to stacking

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Most things that resist delay resist faint, and everything else.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Resist =/= immune. You can very easily increase the chance with status quartz, which stack in this game.

Even those with just 10% delay vulnerability can get delayed to infinity thanks to stacking

This, really, almost nothing is unreliable in CS 1 and 2.

Pretty much my experience with the whole Cold Steel Saga. And i usually never used Chrono burst, either, but i wanted to showcase it in the video. And those aren't even the true broken strats, i know of even more broken strats, that i just didn't want to use because i wanted to create some challenge.

It never helped, it all broke like a twig

Edited by Shrimpresident

*ahem* so my CS IV ratings!

okay so first up, is the gameplay *drumroll* the balance is shit. Shocking, i know. After 3 games, you'd think they would learn a lesson or two, but nah they keep making the same stupid mistakes that make the games easy. Like damn, fix shit so it isn't abusable as fuck, please! Divine Knight battles are basically "hit the right zones over and over again!" which is lame.

the story: this sucked alot as well, there was basically no consistency, and when there was it lasted a few seconds. Not many interesting plot points since most of em revolved around Rean, and we know how i feel about that whole dilemma. The characters interactions felt way too basic most of the time, and alot of the cast caught the FE curse of "i only speak lines when i'm relevant here!" disease. Then there's the "big buildup" where everyone was supposed to come together to work as a team, except they don't and that whole buildup was pointless, and just wasted time. The Liberl chars and Crossbell characters got railroaded so badly here it wasn't even funny. The whole "operation Mille Mirage and jormungandr" never went anywhere! Bad, bad bad bad!

They took way too many steps back here for it to be even seen in a positive light. And last but not least, anything to do with Rean and story never mixed well at all. Everything a character had interesting Rean had to suck away from them, and it's too bad.

Next: the music! ...trash. i liked like, two pieces, that was it! My ears bled at how bad they were. 

Extras: Vantage Masters was fine, Pom-Pom party sucked. 

Exploration, this felt really basic compared to the others, and i'm not sure why, but it felt boring to me.

I already expressed most of my distain through the game, so as not to make people upset at me being upset, i'll stop here.

Onto the positive stuff! 

Well, that was quick, wasn't it?

Jokes aside, i can say like, three good things about the game, that's it.

I dunno where to even rate this game, tbh, i'll give it some thought and share later.

So satisfying to go back to these earlygame maps and realize how much better I've become at reading the AI, learning its priorities and quirks.

God I'd missed this game. I know, it's only been a week since I finished my first run. I missed it still, okay? This game is so good. Every one of you should play it.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

???

Bosses in could steel are slow as fuck. You can easily cast and do everything you need before they get another attack

This boss I’m stuck on, for example, is moving twice in a row.

Also, dead party members don’t get turns.

Seraphic Ring

What’s that?

I don’t have any quartz for delay or faint.

*Wakes up*

Ah, a wonderfully thick layer of snow has fallen overnight. Everything, enveloped in a layer of pure white.❄️☺️ Now to enjoy it... by staying inside where it is warm and not wet, barring any necessary shoveling. Just looking out the window at the supposed beauty as I play video games.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Nice.

If you're that disappointed with the company of Castlevania, Metal Gear, Suikoden, Ganbare Goemon, Silent Hill and other stuff, I saw this.:

Secret-Kiss-Love-Tender_12-24-21-1440x81

A yuri visual novel where a student ends up in a relationship with a teacher-in-training named Konami Izuho. It didn't take the comments section long to realize this means you can literally f*** Konami.😛

Looks like what little I found online about Advanced Mode is right. In normal, there was in most maps a group of enemies that hung back and didn't start moving until after a while. In Advanced Mode, the enemies all charge you immediately. This doesn't make that much of a difference this early on... Except without realizing I almost routed the enemy before opening the chest. Whew!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A yuri visual novel where a student ends up in a relationship with a teacher-in-training named Konami Izuho. It didn't take the comments section long to realize this means you can literally f*** Konami.😛

Amazing, Japan. Lovely as ever.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

*ahem* so my CS IV ratings!

okay so first up, is the gameplay *drumroll* the balance is shit. Shocking, i know. After 3 games, you'd think they would learn a lesson or two, but nah they keep making the same stupid mistakes that make the games easy. Like damn, fix shit so it isn't abusable as fuck, please! Divine Knight battles are basically "hit the right zones over and over again!" which is lame.

the story: this sucked alot as well, there was basically no consistency, and when there was it lasted a few seconds. Not many interesting plot points since most of em revolved around Rean, and we know how i feel about that whole dilemma. The characters interactions felt way too basic most of the time, and alot of the cast caught the FE curse of "i only speak lines when i'm relevant here!" disease. Then there's the "big buildup" where everyone was supposed to come together to work as a team, except they don't and that whole buildup was pointless, and just wasted time. The Liberl chars and Crossbell characters got railroaded so badly here it wasn't even funny. The whole "operation Mille Mirage and jormungandr" never went anywhere! Bad, bad bad bad!

They took way too many steps back here for it to be even seen in a positive light. And last but not least, anything to do with Rean and story never mixed well at all. Everything a character had interesting Rean had to suck away from them, and it's too bad.

Next: the music! ...trash. i liked like, two pieces, that was it! My ears bled at how bad they were. 

Extras: Vantage Masters was fine, Pom-Pom party sucked. 

Exploration, this felt really basic compared to the others, and i'm not sure why, but it felt boring to me.

I already expressed most of my distain through the game, so as not to make people upset at me being upset, i'll stop here.

Onto the positive stuff! 

Well, that was quick, wasn't it?

Jokes aside, i can say like, three good things about the game, that's it.

I dunno where to even rate this game, tbh, i'll give it some thought and share later.

Finally someone said the truth in this thread

I agree with all of this pretty much, especially fucking Rean and the music

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This boss I’m stuck on, for example, is moving twice in a row.

Sorry, but i can't believe you. Unless you are playing like a total noob who never played Trails before, no Boss should double turn you, you should double turn them (triple/quadruple in case of Fie). The bosses in this game are really slow. Slower than player party unbuffed. Only 1 boss in the whole game has spd higher than yours

You must be doing something really wrong, or using builds from 4 chapters ago

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t have any quartz for delay or faint.

Impede adds delay. Each instance makes delay chance reroll for the total delay amount.

Edited by Shrimpresident

Finally someone said the truth in this thread

I agree with all of this pretty much, especially fucking Rean and the music

❤️ Just stating the obvious, Shrimpy.

I will possibly play through CS again with mods to make the game interesting, though. Maybe my opinion on some things can be made better when it comes from people with actual intelligence. 

22 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sorry, but i can't believe you. Unless you are playing like a total noob who never played Trails before, no Boss should double turn you, you should double turn them (triple/quadruple in case of Fie). The bosses in this game are really slow. Slower than player party unbuffed. Only 1 boss in the whole game has spd higher than yours

I don’t have Fie, I’m in the Nord field study. Most of the battle is everyone getting a single action or maaaybe two but near the end I’m gonna guess one of its more powerful attacks has not much delay because it keeps double turning. And when it moves, I think.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Impede adds delay. Each instance makes delay chance reroll for the total delay amount.

Hmm…

20220106_232253.jpg?width=295&height=431

I am terribly afraid.

9 hours ago, Lorneus said:

These numbers only remind me of my only Xeno experience. I only saw a little bit from my brother's... playthrough?... and the only thing that stayed in my mind for Xenosaga was that the cutscenes were extremely long and the numbers were sky-high even in very early game XD (Though not to Disgaea late-game levels, of course). I was pretty young though, and I'm not even sure if it was Xenosaga 1 or one of its sequels, so my memory is pretty fuzzy. All I know is that it irked my brother the wrong way and he dropped it almost instantly, and I never really got my hands on any Xeno game afterwards. I might consider trying some out eventually.

From the sounds of it, it was definitely Episode I, as that game would have the longest total length of cutscenes....or at least it did until it was dethroned by Xenoblade 2.

I can definitely do a write-up of the series if you're interested though not right now as i leave for work soon.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Pom-Pom party sucked.

I would've forgiven everything else you said but you really chose to slander the only good minigame in the series smh.