Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh Goddamnit, I suspended the computer when I went to have dinner and that stopped the Skywalker Saga installation. It's not going to be ready until tomorrow at this rate...

Oh well. Guess it's Gregor time again, then. I still gotta beat up Mustafar, I've been failing hard at the map.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, just don't go blaming me again, that's totally on you.

I will blame you twice as hard for saying that. Have you never heard of reverse psychology?

Nah but seriously, I didn't have any interest in Cynthia before. If this works out, I might have some interest. So there's really nothing to lose here, worst case scenario I just won't use her as intended at first.

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Unrelated, but I'm not seeing much of Henry here, hmm?

Plans have been changed, so now there is some Henry there.

56 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I am ever so sorry, Old Man.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It would've been more hilarious if you had attacked first.

Enemy left with 1 HP, then crit-kills with 49 Hit and 1 Crit. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I can't believe Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is actually a Xenoblade game.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, i am baffled as to how this game became an "RPG for people who don't like RPGs".

I think it's due to a lacking frame of reference. It's not that Persona 5 players don't like other RPGs, it's that they don't play other RPGs. I imagine Persona fans would like other RPGs if they played them like Trails, but unless a game breaks into the mainstream like Persona 5 itself did, most people don't bother going out of their comfort zone. It's why Dark Souls as a reputation as "the hardest game ever made" despite there being plenty of difficult games, Dark Souls just happens to be more popular than them.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It would've been more hilarious if you had attacked first.

Enemy left with 1 HP, then crit-kills with 49 Hit and 1 Crit. XD

It's even funnier when you have the context I have. Which is getting through the grueling first half of the map, finally having a moment of respite, and deciding "let's have Tharja lure that lone axeman, it should be perfectly safe."

Then that happens.

If only I'd done it with Gregor instead.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is actually a Xenoblade game.

This is why you don't preorder, kids.

I bought a Xenoblade game by accident.

This is worse than the time Tharja got hit by a 1% crit.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My brother wasnt in good health and was trying to lie to me that he was fine, and I got upset about it, is it wrong to feel that way?

It's a perfectly natural way to react, I'd say. I just hope you weren't too mean to him. He was probably hoping it wasn't anything too bad and didn't want you to worry about him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My brother wasnt in good health and was trying to lie to me that he was fine, and I got upset about it, is it wrong to feel that way?

No, something similar to that has he opened to me, although “upset” is a little vague. Still though, it’s a natural reaction, so I hope you can come to an understanding.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've already lost count of all the times I've murdered Obi Wan.

Has he become more powerful than you can possibly imagine?

The hierophant wants an audience with us + the saintly seven? Oh no.

Spoiler

There’s two possibilities here:

1. Sorsley somehow managed to frame the entire salt thing entirely on us and was just using us to clear his name. That’s always a possibility, although if the issue was that bad we’d probably know that already?

The second one is a bit more likely, and I hope that’s where we’re going:

2. This is how the game gets to the Rosellan choice that was in one of the trailers. Hyzante will probably say something like “we’ll make an alliance but we’d like all the Rosellans on your territory B T dubs”, which I’ll almost certainly refuse. Assuming my liberty is high enough and I don’t have to do any more time shenanigans.

Oh I guess there’s a third possibility, the hierophant is on to both us and Sorsley, in which case the jig is up.

Edited by Sooks

20220405_163310.jpg?width=576&height=432

Epic.

Now to wait for the hour-long install.

Oh btw

Yes that is Adam Howden. Yes the guy who wrote that line confirmed this was intentional. Xenoblade has been referenced in Lego Star Wars.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, you preordered it? That's neat. I've been debating whether or not to do that, actually. I always preach against pre-ordering, but when there's a game that I seriously look forward to, I always contemplate the possibility. After all, I'm going to get it either way, right?

I don't pre-order unless the possibility of me enjoying the game is very high.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O

O

F

It's ok, i was allowed to go get it after i clocked in.

Still had to wait six hours tho.

48 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That just shows that you care about him.

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think it's due to a lacking frame of reference. It's not that Persona 5 players don't like other RPGs, it's that they don't play other RPGs. I imagine Persona fans would like other RPGs if they played them like Trails, but unless a game breaks into the mainstream like Persona 5 itself did, most people don't bother going out of their comfort zone.

See, i'd get that but then P5 isn't in the same tier as the quirky RPGs like Paper Mario, Undertale, Omori, and whatnot. P5 is an honest-to-God RPG, how RPG haters put it in the same category as the quirky stuff, i have no idea.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I bought a Xenoblade game by accident.

This was actually my masterplan all along.

Oh, c'mon. Game runs great, but the cable has decided it feels like starting to malfunction again. It'd been great for the last couple of days, why now?

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Has he become more powerful than you can possibly imagine?

It's not over yet. He doesn't have the high ground.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This was actually my masterplan all along.

Curse you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a perfectly natural way to react, I'd say. I just hope you weren't too mean to him. He was probably hoping it wasn't anything too bad and didn't want you to worry about him.

Frustrated internally, I didnt outwardly display it. 

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, something similar to that has he opened to me, although “upset” is a little vague. Still though, it’s a natural reaction, so I hope you can come to an understanding.

I guess upset as in dissapointed in myself mostly.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That just shows that you care about him.

Thats what i think, but I dunno, was it right of me to push for an answer?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but unfortunately, the cable is not cooperating and it gets worse and worse

Do you mean cable as in an hdmi cable a power cable, or a charger for a laptop?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Do you mean cable as in an hdmi cable a power cable, or a charger for a laptop?

The charger. At least, I'm fairly certain it's the charger. For a while now it keeps disconnecting at completely random moments. Sometimes it's perfectly fine for hours, other times it disconnects every few moments. The problem is that every time it disconnects, the performance drops significantly. It's really distracting and I hate it.

We're looking to replace it, but it's a slow process. The fucking pieces of shit told us that, while the computer is still in warranty, the charger and battery aren't. Then my mother had a rare grandma moment and tried to buy the cable from the wrong place in an attempt to save some money. We're waiting on the off chance that it actually arrives. Then we'll have to buy the cable from somewhere else, then we'll have to wait for it to arrive. And then I better pray to dear god that the cable really is the issue. If it's something with the laptop itself, it would be pretty awful.

So I let it be for five minutes, then I was unable to resist any further and started the game again.

Now the cable has decided everything is fine and it's going to work without a hitch for the time being.

Ah, technology...

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So... going to have Tharja killed again before sleep or that was it?

Hahahah... Nah, I think I've had enough Waking for a day, thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am ever so sorry, Old Man.

Rubenio you’ve already lost your taste in FE games to Awakening, don’t be so cavalier about losing your soul as well.

FPnCU0DX0Acw78E?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Anyways, i will be going in chronological order. So first the Prequels, then the OT and then finally the Sequels. This is how i played The Complete Saga all those years ago.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats what i think, but I dunno, was it right of me to push for an answer?

Imma be honest, i feel like this is something we can't answer for you.

I don't think either party was in the wrong, at least.

Lego Episode I started off with a hilarious joke, which already makes me feel more emotion than the actual Episode I.

Then the first space mission started and immediately went to turn off inverted controls....or rather, turn them on, because now down = up is the new standard and down = down is the "inverted" option.

Wait, what?

Spoiler

Okay, so first of all, I didn’t consider the possibility of a generic soldier outing Sorsley (and by extension, us). Secondly, I did not expect the game to randomly kill him off just like that. Both of those were cool.

But Serenoa just confessed to helping smuggle salt, is now really the time to offer him a position on the Saintly Seven? That does not make any sense whatsoever. Even if handing over the Rosellas is proper atonement, he’s not Hyzantian and has already demonstrated he will disregard the goddess’s teachings for his own well being!

And then it started malfunctioning again. I don't get it... does it just overheat? Is that the problem? But then, why did it not malfunction yesterday and today when I was playing Awakening? Even though a few days ago it did malfunction when I was playing Awakening?

Ah fuck this, I'm going to bed and read. Books don't start chugging because they feel like it. Okay, fuck, wait, the book I'm currently reading is on my e-book...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lego Episode I started off with a hilarious joke, which already makes me feel more emotion than the actual Episode I.

I won't lie, I was grinning from the opening crawl. First I misread "phantom Menace" as "Phantom Memes" and then when I read the word "blockade" my mind immediately materialized Nute Gunray's "as yoo noh, our blokaad is perfectly leegalee" line.

There is something wrong with me...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what?

Hide contents

Okay, so first of all, I didn’t consider the possibility of a generic soldier outing Sorsley (and by extension, us). Secondly, I did not expect the game to randomly kill him off just like that. Both of those were cool.

But Serenoa just confessed to helping smuggle salt, is now really the time to offer him a position on the Saintly Seven? That does not make any sense whatsoever. Even if handing over the Rosellas is proper atonement, he’s not Hyzantian and has already demonstrated he will disregard the goddess’s teachings for his own well being!

Yeeaah I won't lie, that did feel rather forced to me too. I guess they're just that desperate to tie up loose ends. Wouldn't do to have the example of the flaws of their perfect society running around freely in a foreign country.