• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, now that Marcia’s recruited Makalov, I guess I can bench her.

Didn't kill Makalov? smdh

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, due to how RF4 works one's birthday, mine falls on Summer 2. Summer 2 finally arrives... and not only it ended up being an Event Day, it triggers the fourth and final Margaret event on the first try!

Oh, game, you're too kind...

Truly wonderful to be blessed by the RNG

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fuck formal clothing, if i could go back in time and kill the concept of formality before it takes root, i would.

I'd at least keep the dress shoes I have, but I concede the point

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways ESRB info came out and some people are reading that it says "scene where character get stabbed, scene where character gets shot, blood" and going like "oh this is gonna be the darkest Xeno game ever" and you know anyone that's saying that hasn't played Gears or Saga.

Would it even be the darkest in Xenoblade?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

The one thing 776 did right, didnt allow this combo unless weapon skills had them combined. Xd

Only the Beo Sword.

IS really made Beowulf OP in the Thracia lore

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't that just Tuesday for you?

I mean, yes, but usually works of fiction don’t a actively make me feel sad because of the suffering. It’s only really really good stuff that genuinely elicits an emotional response in me, and this anime is one of those. I just like the drama of other suffering.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Formal clothing is dumb as shit in general, people really be prioritizing looking "good and professional" over their own health.

Dudes in 10000000 degree weather Florida be buying long-sleeve dress shirts and shit, dudes in Florida be buying like ultra slim suits in 20000000 degree weather Florida, dudes in 30000000 degree weather Florida complain about their being too much space between their pants and their legs.

Fuck formal clothing, if i could go back in time and kill the concept of formality before it takes root, i would.

Sorry for the rant out of nowhere, it's just the complete irony i get when i work at a men's clothing store.

Don't apologize, you're completely right.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But, he’s an archer so he would barely get any use out of it.

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Truly wonderful to be blessed by the RNG

Yep. Which means I could actually marry before Act 1 is over.

Hmm...

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Formal clothing is dumb as shit in general, people really be prioritizing looking "good and professional" over their own health.

Dudes in 10000000 degree weather Florida be buying long-sleeve dress shirts and shit, dudes in Florida be buying like ultra slim suits in 20000000 degree weather Florida, dudes in 30000000 degree weather Florida complain about their being too much space between their pants and their legs.

Sorry for the rant out of nowhere, it's just the complete irony i get when i work at a men's clothing store.

Hear HEAR!

As good as suits look...they are just a pain tbh

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Would it even be the darkest in Xenoblade?

Can't say for sure. Torna is the darkest in Xenoblade imo due to it's prequel status. Both Xenoblade X and 2 have fucked up shit to the side. Xenoblade 1.....is actually the least "dark" imo.

Xenosaga and Xenogears are on a whole nother level tho. 

That being said, this series isn't like, "misery", there's just some fucked up shit in it.

But i doubt Xenoblade 3 will have anything like this

This is the censored version btw.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't apologize, you're completely right.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Hear HEAR!

As good as suits look...they are just a pain tbh

Blazers are better. Like i've seen some really cool ones.

Suits are devoid of any life, any personality. 

Like, if anything, I'd be more bothered by formal events than the formal clothing, but then that's more because:

So that's more like being bothered by crowded events in general.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So now we gotta make a distinction between BLADE, Blade and Blade. Thank you Takahashi, very cool.

First thing I thought of:

Eunie: Who made this Blade? It's useless!

Sena: Hey, that's my grandma you're talking about!

...don't ask me why my mind went there, though.

With this i can now piece together a piece of the puzzle. Those red markings that everyone has, that allows them to materialize their Blade. But such power comes at a cost, as it cuts their lifespan to a mere 10 years. But such a world can't sustain itself that way so i think this is what's happening:

"You don't understand, Noah my boy, we need to destroy Agnus for the good of Keves. Our soldiers can't live with this 10 year lifespan!"

"But if we just stopped fighting, then we wouldn't have a 10 year lifespan, right?"

azX9NBq_700b.jpg

Anyway, I wonder how Ouroboros fits into everything. The mysterious giant appears to be an Ouroboros too, and his appearance seems to prompt the party to start working together. He also mentions "this passage of fate" (a recurring term in Xenoblade 1) and sounds unsurprised when Noah and Mio "awaken". Maybe he wanted them to awaken as Ouroboros on purpose? He's probably the Metal Face equivalent of the game, in that he's the "stand-in" main villain of the game before his bosses are introduced.

Anyways ESRB info came out and some people are reading that it says "scene where character get stabbed, scene where character gets shot, blood" and going like "oh this is gonna be the darkest Xeno game ever" and you know anyone that's saying that hasn't played Gears or Saga.

Even the most "lighthearted" Xenoblade game had stuff worse than that. "But there's no blood!" Xenoblade 2 has

Spoiler

barely offscreen infanticide

and it's not like XC1 had anything to that extent. If XC3 has Star Door 15, which I doubt, then it would be darker.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The mysterious giant appears to be an Ouroboros too,

I wonder about this guy (who, due to his teeth, i will be referring to as Mr. Wild Ride until we get a name). Mr. Wilde Ride looks like an Ouroboros with two key exceptions:

1. Actually has a face. The party's Ouroboros have faces but their like mech faces, not really capaple of emoting. Mr. Wilde Ride can very much emote.

2. The infinity symbol. Ouroboros represents infinity yet the Ouroboros forms do not have this symbol on them.

Why Mr. Wild Ride  chose to appear before our heroes, i do not know. Maybe it was their potential to become an Ouroboros (it doesn't seem like something just anyone can do), maybe it was their hesitancy to fight. I don't think they "woke up" because as we saw from the trailer, the whole shadow thing Ethel sees only affects the main six, implying that Keevens and Agnusians are aware of each other. "Even though we're being chased by both nations at once" further suggests this.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

and it's not like XC1 had anything to that extent

XC1 dark is just typical shounen dark tbh. Xenoblade 1 doesn't have any really fucked up shit like the rest of the series.

The most it is is

Spoiler

High Entia turning into Telethia but that happens in the 20% of the game that takes a dive in quality and it's also just the lite version of a similar Xenogears plot point

Edited by Armagon
Mr. Wild Ride is a better name.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So now we gotta make a distinction between BLADE, Blade and Blade. Thank you Takahashi, very cool.

I'm trying to not read what you write on XC3, but my eyes did catch this line.

Please don't force "Blade" into every game. I'm annoyed how Fire Emblem feels compelled to slip a "Fire Emblem" into everything, sometimes getting a little contrived about it. 

Or, at least, they could've made Blade2 and Blade3 visually different spellings without me having to tack on a number on them. I dunno... BladE? Blyade? Blaid? Blaade? Buhlaehdeh? BL-Ade?

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The most it is is

I never made the comparison, but I'm seeing it now.

Spoiler

What happens after Emperor Cain gets killed and the Gazel Ministry activates the Goetia Key, am I right? When people start turning into mutants (which happens coincidentally at the same time their biological limiters are removed by the heroes?) and Elly starts showing her motherly side.

I'd say Xenogears's darkest moment is...

Spoiler

What happened to Fei age ~4. That hit me the hardest IMO.

Although, the stuff in the Solaris labs is technically as bad. And if we're talking the violation of innocence, I heard once they toned down the Ethos, supposedly the church was pedophilic in the Japanese. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, at least, they could've made Blade2 and Blade3 visually different spellings without me having to tack on a number on them. I dunno... BladE? Blyade? Blaid? Blaade? Buhlaehdeh? BL-Ade?

With all the UK trappings, maybe Blaidd?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please don't force "Blade" into every game. I'm annoyed how Fire Emblem feels compelled to slip a "Fire Emblem" into everything, sometimes getting a little contrived about it. 

I am actually in agreement. I'll let it slide this time because it seems conceptually similar but i wouldn't want "Blade" to just become a shoehorned term.

On the flip side tho, it does seem that "legendary red sword" has worn out it's welcome and now every protag has a red sword out of tradition but not because it's actually important to the plot. So that's neat.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never made the comparison, but I'm seeing it now.

Reveal hidden contents

Yep.

Spoiler

I distinctly recall a certain point in Xenogears where some Wels regain their sanity but not their original form so now there's a whole scene where our heroes try to comfort those affected. The High Entia never got that, only the half-ones.

I feel like the impact of turning into a Wels was felt more.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say Xenogears's darkest moment is...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Yeah pretty much all of Solaris was one fucked up ride but Fei's stuff hits hardest because he's the guy we've been with this entire time. 

And as for Ethos, i think the implication of pedophilia was still there in English but not explicit like it is in Japanese.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

5sXRR8B.png

I wanted to post Blade from Marvel Comics as a joke to Takahashi's favorite superhero but images are not embedding for me for some reason.