Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ok so a few things here.

1. The rate of which auto-attacks come out does seem a little bit slower than in 2. It's actually more akin to 1/X. So probably no stutterstepping. But AA -> Art cancelling is shown (and presumably you can Art -> Art) and that's the important thing. Also worth noting that the Arts are fully charged when you start by default, like in 1 and X (and like 1, Talent Art needs to be charged). One of the more understandable criticisms of 2's combat was that yout Arts weren't charged by default so i can see why the change.

2. The more i see of this world, the more i am convinced that Xenoblade X's DNA is in there. Given the party's starting level, this is the big starting area and it looks Xenoblade X-levels of expansive. You even see a Godzilla in the backgrou-OHHHHHHH NOW THE OUROBOROS MAKES SENSE! BECAUSE YOU WANNA BE BIG TO FIGHT BIG, OF COURSE!

3. AYO, THE FLUTES IN THAT BATTLE THEME?! SHIT GOES HARD BRO! ACE+ really gonna be topping Future Connected's battle theme after just one game.

4. The desert theme here is a slower string type song. Which i'm fine with, having every desert theme in the series be as bombastic as Oblivia and Mor Ardain would've gotten a little old.

6. In this clip, which shows us that running away is a valid strategy, you do slow down a bit when spotted. I hope that doesn't get too annoying but it's still better than X's enemies staggering you the moment you get spotted. Also, seems you can see just how far they'll chase you, which is neat QoL. Also also, a longer snippet of the battle theme without the yelling.

10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

My back hurts so much

That's never good my friend. Take care.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Reject conforming to social expectations, embrace freedom of self-expression.

I just wanna go to work while wearing shorts, is that so much to ask?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

am terrified to open this Pandora's box.

You'd think with how much Xenoblade 2 fanservice lives inside people's heads, it'd be like Senran Kagura or some shit.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Paradise. I could actually wear a cape without being called an insane moron.

Yooo based. Capes are cool.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ah that video lol

Peak "i care more about looks than character"

Atleast pick a game where the sexualization is in how they act rather than just outfits.

And lol @ "Zeke not sexualized"

And i hate XB2's outfits btw. Just making a study out of em is dumb. Pick a shitty harem game if you wanna do that or one that doesn't sexualize males at well.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

pro strat

managing to get sick right before finals deadlines are coming up

this is big brain, folks.

Ffff

Hang in there friend, and if possible, try to move the finals.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You'd think with how much Xenoblade 2 fanservice lives inside people's heads, it'd be like Senran Kagura or some shit.

You see, but XB1 doesn't have sexualization

Me lookin at Sharla, 7 and Reyn

"You blind bro?"

Edited by Shrimpolaris

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

1. The rate of which auto-attacks come out does seem a little bit slower than in 2. It's actually more akin to 1/X. So probably no stutterstepping. But AA -> Art cancelling is shown (and presumably you can Art -> Art) and that's the important thing. Also worth noting that the Arts are fully charged when you start by default, like in 1 and X (and like 1, Talent Art needs to be charged). One of the more understandable criticisms of 2's combat was that yout Arts weren't charged by default so i can see why the change.

2. The more i see of this world, the more i am convinced that Xenoblade X's DNA is in there. Given the party's starting level, this is the big starting area and it looks Xenoblade X-levels of expansive. You even see a Godzilla in the backgrou-OHHHHHHH NOW THE OUROBOROS MAKES SENSE! BECAUSE YOU WANNA BE BIG TO FIGHT BIG, OF COURSE!

3. AYO, THE FLUTES IN THAT BATTLE THEME?! SHIT GOES HARD BRO! ACE+ really gonna be topping Future Connected's battle theme after just one game.

4. The desert theme here is a slower string type song. Which i'm fine with, having every desert theme in the series be as bombastic as Oblivia and Mor Ardain would've gotten a little old.

6. In this clip, which shows us that running away is a valid strategy, you do slow down a bit when spotted. I hope that doesn't get too annoying but it's still better than X's enemies staggering you the moment you get spotted. Also, seems you can see just how far they'll chase you, which is neat QoL. Also also, a longer snippet of the battle theme without the yelling.

AA's kinda needed the nerf, they were way too abusable, haha. So if that's true, i'm okay with this.

anything X and combat in the same sentence is fine with me!

Xeno doesn't dissappoint (except Saga Ep II)

Slower doesn't mean bad, i think.

Running away was always decent in X if you knew how to use it. QoL changes are good.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"You blind bro?"

You forgot Dunban, they do promote him without a shirt on after all! Even his skill tree abilities want him wearing no clothes. XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Also battle movement speed is faster, no?

That too.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Slower doesn't mean bad, i think

Never said. But i do welcome it here.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Running away was always decent in X if you knew how to use it

X had the fastest movement speed so yes. I was more talking about how being spotted freezes you in your tracks for a sec.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

"You blind bro?"

Rememer guys, Xenoblade 1 is the good one.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, arts now charge eachother if i'm not mistaken, as in using an art and connecting with it charges your other arts, allowing for more "flow" in the combat.

That's the Talent Art. It worked that way in Xenoblade 1 too.

But it did not charge that damn fast, i wonder what's going on.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also also, i'm hyped to see how they handle the "six party members (seven with guests) on the field at once!"

Designing the combat around teamwork would be radical af.

Teamwork is definitely key in this game, especially given the lower damage ratio an individual character seems to do in this game.

I'd imagine solo strats would be harder to do but given how important Ouroboros is, i wonder if you actually can't put anyone on reserve. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Teamwork is definitely key in this game, especially given the lower damage ratio an individual character seems to do in this game.

I'd imagine solo strats would be harder to do but given how important Ouroboros is, i wonder if you actually can't put anyone on reserve. 

If this is the case i am so HYPED now! Making teamwork crucial is difficult but when it's done right? It is so satisfying and fun!

That's the Talent Art. It worked that way in Xenoblade 1 too.

But it did not charge that damn fast, i wonder what's going on.

I thought it charged all of your arts, maybe i miseen that then?

X had the fastest movement speed so yes. I was more talking about how being spotted freezes you in your tracks for a sec.

Isn't that the flinch status, and isn't there an augment to resist that (endgame use mostly, haha)?

Edited by lightcosmo

Speaking of, has any info on the equipment screen been shown yet? Kinda curious if they brought actual equipment back (armors and whatnot) and the augment slot along with it. That added depth and it makes for more complex gameplay.

If not it's a dealbreaker, just a nice extra really.

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Probably Tension is back?

Well, i know it's to show which characters are fused, for sure at least. But that would be nice as well, Tension was a neat mechanic, although it could get a bit annoying for some of the cast.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Making teamwork crucial is difficult but when it's done right? It is so satisfying and fun!

Better yet, it seems we might be able to swap characters mid-fight, so 

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't that the flinch status, and isn't there an augment to resist that (endgame use mostly, haha)?

I think so. But augment crafting sucked.

I hope crafting doesn't suck in this game.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I also see that they have icons to show what type of character they are (the blue shield means defensive for example)

Yep. And characters can change their class.

It seems to unlock that, the bond between two characters has to be at a certain point. So say if Taion wants to switch to Mio's class, their Affinity must be at a certain point for it to unlock. 

Which brings me to this

IMG_20220422_083823.jpg

It seems Campfires have returned.

Another episode done. The battle with Kylo Ren was cool.

Next up, episode 2... right? Well, no, I'm going to episode 5. For two reasons: I want the story mode to end on Revenge of the Sith, and I want Rebel Friend sooner than later so I can put the meme to rest. So I'm going 1>4>7>5>8>2>6>9>3. Perfectly sensical.

Also, wow, I thought combining stud multiplier would just add them up, but no, they multiply each other. So now I'm running around with a x8 stud multiplier. Yikes. The 500,000,000 goal for galaxy rave actually doesn't seem that far fetched now. I just need to get all of the stud multipliers. All of them. Then I need to find one stud and the rave is on.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

At least you get that extra Knight Sword from the library trash can in chapter 12.

Ah, yes. A good consolation price, I suppose.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Re: Youtube - I'm personally glad that I don't really see any "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS liberals" videos in my recommendations anymore, although the algorithm still occasionally suggests that I should be interested in Jordan Peterson's immense wisdom, for whatever reason.

Ohh, yeah! This happens to me too, actually. Rarely Peterson will just randomly appear in my feed, for some undiscernible reason.

54 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've been rec'd that one before too

even though I never look up Xenoblade videos

hm

I guess Youtube just goes "this person has watched anime-related content - let's recommend this."

well, I won't be forced to go anywhere as I'm an online student, but with a senior thesis and another paper due very soon, getting those finished up has been miserable

hardly been able to focus

it be like that, I suppose

Yikes... Hang in there. Hope your marks don't suffer too much for this.

39 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ah that video lol

Peak "i care more about looks than character"

Atleast pick a game where the sexualization is in how they act rather than just outfits.

I don't know. I know I'm generally the anime hater, but the fanservice in this game seems just a bit too much. Leaving aside what the guy said, the scenes he showed in the video were rather repulsive. It wasn't just them existing with bad outfits, the game dedicates entire scenes to make them act in "haha funny horny" ways, which don't even seem to suit their characters most of the time. I know they then turn around and give those characters compelling scenes and development, but for someone who isn't desensitized to anime's problems, the other scenes where the characters are dragged through the mud would make it just a tad harder to get into the serious parts

And lol @ "Zeke not sexualized"

Does the game go out of its way to shove the camera into the man's bare chest and his package with the same assiduity that it does with its female characters' boobs and butt? I'm not going to answer that myself, because I haven't played the entire game and I'd be making a baseless asumption. But if the answer to my question is no, then the man in the video has a point.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just wish it wasn't this way, because Monolith Soft seems like an excellent company and the games look genuinely great, even if I'm not a fan of JRPGs. But the fanservice seems to be so obnoxious, so disgusting and so massive that I simply don't believe I could get into the story, not easily at least. Not if for every good scene I have to wade through two or three like that. It'd make me lose respect for the characters and the game itself and have trouble being immersed in their adventures. Which is a huge shame, because it looks good otherwise.

Of course, it could all be blown out of proportion. Somehow it seems unlikely, but it's a possibility, and I'd love to be wrong here.

Also the one scene with Zeke and the turtle was so horrendously unfunny, it didn't even loop back into being funny. Like, wow, I didn't think it was possible for something to be "so bad it's bad." I was just sitting there in pain. Please tell me the game's comedy isn't all so... forced.

Yooo based. Capes are cool.

Capes are amazing. If I had a cape, you can bet I'd be doing shit like this all the time. But, society says "shirt and jeans." So the closest I get is my bathrobe.

Yes, I have a bathrobe. It makes winter nights highly pleasant.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Better yet, it seems we might be able to swap characters mid-fight, so 

I think so. But augment crafting sucked.

I hope crafting doesn't suck in this game.

Yep. And characters can change their class.

It seems to unlock that, the bond between two characters has to be at a certain point. So say if Taion wants to switch to Mio's class, their Affinity must be at a certain point for it to unlock. 

Which brings me to this

IMG_20220422_083823.jpg

It seems Campfires have returned.

That seems to be the new standard for games, which is fine.

Yeah, it was shit, X especially.

Huh, then options might actually really be important here, then.

Oh, that's pretty cool, so you have to earn the right then!

Torna had campfires pretty good, let's hope they improve uopn that!

Scratch that, in X, crafting augments was unbearable, there is a reason for a port, i wanted the cost of needed materials cut by at least 1/2.

needing 64 of one item is absurd, and since it usually involves killing a higher level enemy, without an amazing skell or OD abuse, it takes... long.

Edit: cant remember the highest amount needed in one augment, but it's up there (it's 48 or 64, since it seems to be in multiples of 8, i guess?)

Edited by lightcosmo

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the game dedicates entire scenes to make them act in "haha funny horny" ways,

There's exactly one such scene in a 100+ hour game. Otherwise it's everyone being attractive, males and females, or people blowing shit out of proportion.

Even the bath scene here isn't haha horny.

Does the game go out of its way to shove the camera into the man's bare chest and his package with the same assiduity that it does with its female characters' boobs and butt?

Yes

Of course, it could all be blown out of proportion

Yes.

Oh yeah the characters all look ridiculous, but they aren't acting "haha horny" all the time. I know more jrpgs with actually haha horny given a pass because outfits aren't as ridiculous or something.

Peak "looks over character" hypocrisy.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

44 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

fmxrtoau52v81.png?width=957&auto=webp&s=

Wouldn't want my jrpgs any other way!

>me thoroughly enjoying the memed-to-death voiceovers in the first game

perfectly balanced as all things should be

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yikes... Hang in there. Hope your marks don't suffer too much for this.

I'll try

hopefully not

--------