Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is there a Cid spirit in Smash?

Uh... Idk, I havent played the normal smash in some time, haha. For me its mods or bust.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Holy fucking shit.

Shit just got real.

Shit just got very real.

...Eyyy but I got a new beardman, though!

46 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

whoa wait what what is this thread???

but, um... also, thank you!! I'm a little late!

We talk about things and get into arguments.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Perhaps this will finally help me understand both of my cats at home!

Totally.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Remember me lads, Jack Sparrow became a pirate because he freed slaves, so we must follow his example and free ourselves from the abusive relationship between corporation and consumer, and give our money only to those who deserve it.

Corporations deserve the piracy. Small groups of people, or even lone people, spending years of their lives making a game not just for money, but because they have genuine love for the craft, don't.

...Well, most of the time. Sometimes we get asshole indie devs, too. But it's less common than the companies, I would say.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 has a playable tiger and you can ride said tiger. It is the ultimate game.

I will admit that's pretty cool, but answer me this: Does Xenoblade 2 have an insane German scientist with the most glorious face and battle animations in the history of mankind?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A good pirate does not steal from the small folk. Pirate all you want with the triple AAAs but the small indie dev from *insert country* deserves the money.

That's what I'm saying, yes.

51 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

whoa wait what what is this thread???

The best thread on the internet!

...maybe..

I think

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does Xenoblade 2 have an insane German scientist with the most glorious face and battle animations in the history of mankind?

yes

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, there's Chocobo but that's it i think.

There's also moogles and Wedge and Biggs!

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine pirating an indie game.

I didn't know it was an idie game. Okay, I'm not pirating. I just won't play the game then

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Corporations deserve the piracy. Small groups of people, or even lone people, spending years of their lives making a game not just for money, but because they have genuine love for the craft, don't.

Even with large corporations I'll buy their games if they're genuinely good and are reasonably affordable. I'm not going to pirate Breath of The Wild just because the devs who poured their heart and soul into that game happen to work with a producer that often does shady business, after all, they too have families to feed.

If it's something like the NSO or the fairly overpriced Skyward Sword remake then I'll resort to piracy.

Even then I might buy it off of Ebay from someone who could probably use the money more.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should've been Crono instead of Sephiroth.

Crono getting done dirty with nothing going on for him.

Though with CC getting the rerelease, who knows? There's rumours of CT getting the HD2D but I don't know if any of that's reliable.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Remember me lads, Jack Sparrow became a pirate because he freed slaves, so we must follow his example and free ourselves from the abusive relationship between corporation and consumer, and give our money only to those who deserve it.

I forgot that was the case too.

Did Jack Sparrow become based?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

FFVII Cid Spirit.

Heh, guess that counts.

YRMY6ofB_o.png

...Well, that's, uh... See, I... To tell you the truth, I don't... By which I mean, I do...

.........Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

I will be walking away now, if you don't mind.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

yes

I don't believe you.

Proof, Shrimpy. Proof.

11 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I didn't know it was an idie game.

Well, now you do.

Okay, I'm not pirating.

The only pirating you're allowed to do with this game is use the pirate class.

I just won't play the game then

O O F

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I still love that opening song.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Even with large corporations I'll buy their games if they're genuinely good and are reasonably affordable. I'm not going to pirate Breath of The Wild just because the devs who poured their heart and soul into that game happen to work with a producer that often does shady business, after all, they too have families to feed.

Truth be told, I was exaggerating. I don't like pirating games of the current systems, myself.

The real problem is older console games that become inaccessible. Gabe Newell put it best: "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem." Steam pretty much killed PC piracy, or at least dealt it a big blow. Consoles... Well, for any system that is discontinued, pirating is the only way to go, most of the time.

If it's something like the NSO or the fairly overpriced Skyward Sword remake then I'll resort to piracy.

Yeah, that's a good call.

Even then I might buy it off of Ebay from someone who could probably use the money more.

Hah, well, you're kinder than me, then. I'd rather just pirate than give the money to some guy whose only involvement is owning the thing and selling it for higher than it's worth.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't believe you.

Proof, Shrimpy. Proof

Major fucking spoilers, honestly.

No really, super big

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

still love that opening song

You watching it?

wait

which opening you mean here? Wolf or Spy?

Edited by Shrimpolaris

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I forgot that was the case too.

Did Jack Sparrow become based?

And they fecking deleted the scene from the movie because of course they did.

We need a directors cut.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The real problem is older console games that become inaccessible. Gabe Newell put it best: "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem." Steam pretty much killed PC piracy, or at least dealt it a big blow. Consoles... Well, for any system that is discontinued, pirating is the only way to go, most of the time.

And that's not even mentioning gamers who live in poorer countries where piracy is pretty much the only way to play these games.

Edited by GuardianSing

11 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Major fucking spoilers, honestly.

No really, super big

Come now, Shrimpy. You think I care? I'm never in my life going to play these games. Just throw those spoilers at me. If anything, there's a chance spoilers might increase my interest in the franchise, which at this point is just about at sea level. PM them to me if you're worried someone else will see them, but if you don't, I'm just going to find them on Google myself. I'm curious, but not enough to play the games with the myriad factors turning me away from them lol.

You watching it?

wait

which opening you mean here? Wolf or Spy?

Wolf.

And no, I'm not watching it. I've mentioned it before. I've heard the theme song on Youtube. It's glorious.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

And that's not even mentioning gamers who live in poorer countries where piracy is pretty much the only way to play these games.

That, too. Those people can't exactly afford churning out 60 bucks for a videogame that might not even be that good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:
  Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Well... that's extremely disappointing. When you brought this up after I mentioned Deke, I was expecting something more... Y'know, like Deke.

Ah, well. I'm sure it's good in context, given the massive spoiler warning and all. Besides, it is Xenoblade, after all. Should've known to keep my expectations underground.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... that's extremely disappointing. When you brought this up after I mentioned Deke, I was expecting something more... Y'know, like Deke.

Well, showing any much more will be too much, even for someone not even interested in playing the games lol.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, showing any much more will be too much, even for someone not even interested in playing the games lol.

Ah, not to worry. Now that I have a line to look up, I can do it myself.

...Or I would, but it's late and I'm tired, and I doubt Xenoblade will be in my mind tomorrow morning, so... Yeah. Hurray, I am still unscathed by spoilers.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well, the thread has certainly exploded. I’ve had a pretty good day, hope everyone else’s was good too.

Rogue Legacy 2 is on sale, hmm…

17 hours ago, Ace_ said:

I'm at the spirit temple 😎 

Nice, enjoy! That temple has a cool gimmick, at the very least.

13 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Best dungeon in the game. Enjoy that one.

But they didn’t say the water temple there.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, the thread has certainly exploded. I’ve had a pretty good day, hope everyone else’s was good too.

Mine was great. Rogue Legacy 2 and Exit Fate are still awesome games. It was an uneventful day otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

palpatine-star-wars.gif

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Y E S

Now you, too, are like seeds.

Yeah, exactly!

One note in and I'm getting PTSD from that stupid dance of his.

Best character.

I can confirm.

Oh hey, you new? Welcome!

yeah I'm new 😛 thanks

13 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda. I literally put of Majora's Mask deliberately when it came out because I thought I'd hate the time limit. Then I got it as a Christmas present... and it remains perhaps my favourite game of all time. I have played through it in excess of 20 times.

Best dungeon in the game. Enjoy that one.

IV remains my favourite. Though I may have a different mindset because I played the DS remake first as opposed to the original. You know what I like about the DS remake? The enemies can totally destroy you if you don't pay attention. The entire bit where you can assign abilities to different characters and have a new game plus where those abilities carry over but levels don't. I like the idea of customization.
I should note this isn't some bit where I came in early and it's what I grew up with either. My first Final Fantasy was X. Which has a special place in my heart for being my first and all, but it's not my favorite.

Thanks, I'll definitely enjoy it.

13 hours ago, Dayni said:

It is on NSO with the N64 emulator, which I wasn't expecting to be honest.

Welcome by the way.

Well, regardless of what happens, hopefully you get somewhere on that front.

As for the latter, you know the jail would be needed for that much info.

Yeah, the DS remake comes highly recommended from me too. Even without NG+, having that customisation which can unlock more abilities from non-permanent members is a nice addition. GBA/PSP has the postgame Lunar Ruins though (Apparently the recent rerelease doesn't?).

It doesn't help FFIV was made easier and abilities were removed in the SNES version compared to the SFC.

Thanks for the welcome 🦊

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nice, enjoy! That temple has a cool gimmick, at the very least.

But they didn’t say the water temple there.

I loved the water temple. Everything about it was great. Especially the fight with Dark Link.

Edited by Ace_