• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Is it me or does Ethel kinda look like Shulk

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Your use of an emoji is suggesting that you have some fondness for Aprilis.

nah not really. Just sad she isn't playable because she really really really needed it. She is imo hella underdeveloped.

And dw i won't spoil 😉

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm... Ys X first, or Ys V Remake? I'll assume they'll share in the new combat

Probably.

IIRC Kondo wants Ys X first

Mega Man ZX plays very good but this Metroidvania formula is uhhhh....well let's just say i actually have no clue where to go because the map screen is one of the worst i've seen.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bovine-Sigh-2.png

Ahahahahahahahahahaha! I can't take this seriously!

*insert Young Link taunt here*.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The epicness of the final boss helped make up for it however.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Obviously the game isn't done, so is there anything in particular I should focus on doing?

Save the gacha for last.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Welp, today was rough. Hope everyone here had a better day.

Hope you're doing better man.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Is it me or does Ethel kinda look like Shulk

Inb4 descendant.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i actually have no clue where to go because the map screen is one of the worst i've seen.

People who played Souls games:

mQLQGvf.png

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

72aqkgaq5fo41.jpg

Inti why? This doesn't tell me shit.

Dear lord... This is more confusing than just usin' a mental map...

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm quite late, but like others have said, hope things'll turn up for ya.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hope you're doing better man.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Thanks as well!

Although it’s not really things that are looking bad for me (although I was pretty mad at myself for doing something dumb earlier), it’s for a friend I was worried about.

Hope you and your friend can be alright.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Welp, today was rough. Hope everyone here had a better day.

Oh same! Tomorrow will be better, okay? I’ll pray for you and your your friend 😉

Okay, almost finished going through the first area of Maya Road. Also now went through the Firefly Festival. Man, I still don't have Margaret at 10LP yet. Should've rememberd the pre-marriage event won't trigger then, if I recall. But the bar certainly fills out slowly... but I can trust it will reach 10LP by the time I'm in the final dungeon of Act 2.

*Wakes up from the middle of sleep with my heart racing* 😰

What gives? Is my brain tired of being bothered by that one thing I don't need to say, so it had to cruelty remind me of the inevitability of death? Because "Heat death of the universe, I don't want to die but I know I will!" violently surged through my soul as I clumsily panicked into consciousness. 

My eyes are heavy, but I don't want to return to slumber right away. This has happened before, I need the bright noise of the TV and the similar brightness of a computer, things to palliatively treat the mind before heading back to sleep. Please don't tell me May is going to be a mortality anxiety depression month. Can't I catch a break?😞

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I do want that upswing, since before starting Ys IX, I bingewatched a series of food from the Titanic vids by the only person on YouTube who I've ever actually followed (I really really really don't venture that far into the World Wide Web). I thought the depressing stories from a slow-burn human tragedy owed much to human error from exactly 100 years ago would be the saddest part of said vids.

Nope! Some commenters were congratulating the guy on his 30th birthday last month. His 30th, 30. He is only 30? Having put out for over a year a series of fascinating and educational videos on food and history despite being neither a trained chef nor having a history degree? And happily married to his man? *Sniffles*...

955129BUKPL_509x.jpg?v=1625786376

I'm a useless vagabond of a human accomplishing absolutely nothing that shall one day die laden with regrets! His vast collection of Pokemon plushies is worth more than me!

Just another ordinary day for me, isn't it? Alternating between surprising highs, and I Feel Like A Bawling Anime Girl lows.

Comparisons are no good. One can't gauge such a fickle, meaningless thing as success based on other people's experiences.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Out of sheer boredom, I did something I didn’t expect to do: I tried teehee’s favorite Awakening mod. I picked hard difficulty instead of lunatic, since Ruben said most of his units were struggling to do damage, and I want an army of 2nd gens since I remember those being the interesting characters (meaning I need to rotate out units to get every kid), and I just felt like playing matchmaker. I was having decent fun so far, but the first 10 or so chapters of Awakening were never the problem.

Hope you enjoy it and use Gregor! I... probably should get back to it at some point, but unfortunately, Awakening ranks a wee bit lower on the list than a game in a genre I don't like that's blowing me away by how amazing it is and a platformer that's doing the same even though I technically already played it before.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

900x.jpg

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

What is this game? It sounds great.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Although it’s not really things that are looking bad for me (although I was pretty mad at myself for doing something dumb earlier), it’s for a friend I was worried about.

Ahh... It's that kind of thing, I see. Well, in that case, I hope things will get better for your pal!

Welp, turns out, I've made a terrible mistake in Exit Fate. There's a special section, I won't go into detail, but I had to make important and irreversible team choices. It's really cool, but I believe I may've made some bad choices. I might have to go back and undo them.

...Except, I was a complete idiot yesterday. Misclicked and overwrote my save. So now I'm going to have to go back to the previous one, which is two hours earlier. Luckily I didn't do that much, I could probably do it again in far less time, but... Still sucks.

Fuck me and my stupid twitchy finger.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fanmade map better

Dev maps from my experience are usually crummy. They are either not detailed enough, leaving the player confused, or way too bloated, making the player confused, haha.

Oh yeah this episode was a 10/10.

If there were any doubts, they are now gone. The anime is superior to the manga.

58 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dev maps from my experience are usually crummy. They are either not detailed enough, leaving the player confused, or way too bloated, making the player confused, haha.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it depends.

There we go, back where I left off. Did a few extra things while I was at it, too. Good thing I keep a lot of saves. Infinite saves are the best in games like these.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hope you and your friend can be alright.

9 hours ago, Elina said:

Oh same! Tomorrow will be better, okay? I’ll pray for you and your your friend 😉

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh... It's that kind of thing, I see. Well, in that case, I hope things will get better for your pal!

Thank you guys, that really does mean a lot.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

What is this game? It sounds great.

Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman

Story of the game (originally released on PSP in 2010) is that Darkdeath Evilman tries to capture the Super Baby that shall grow up and save the world. The Unlosing Ranger, who has never lost a single battle, goes to confront Evilman -but gets hit by a car en route. The dying Ranger passes his powers onto a random teenage bystander, who as the new Unlosing Ranger then loses to Evilman, and then spends the game in hero-training via turn-based roguelike dungeons so that he then go back and defeat Darkdeath Evilman.

Unfortunately, Nippon Ichi Software games -Z.H.P. is no exception- tend to be more grindy than Grindr, albeit without any of the STDs. NIS video games and Best App alike I would hazard do not align with your preferences.

Z.H.P. (no idea if it actually means anything) was recently bundled in a $40 USD "Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 2" with this game:

900x.jpg

Makai Kingdom: Reclaimed and Rebound, a grind-heavy SRPG.

Why the human portrait yet the book form? Zetta destroyed some important book of prophecy, only to realize that'd be very bad, so in a moment of panic, he bound himself to the book to keep it intact. NIS stories are not known for being consistently serious.