Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Which route?

My first playthrough with this name gimmick, I named the Avatar "ságh-a-lie", meaning "Above", and give him red hair

My second playthrough I named the avatar "il'-la-hie", meaning "Land", and gave her purple hair.

This is my third playthrough using these names, and I'm naming the avatar "kee'-kwa-lie" meaning "Below", and I gave him blue hair.

I'm playing Revelations if it wasn't obvious enough.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Pneiz1B.png

Happiness lol

Happiness requires promoting Adel, so it's tough to get lol.

...34 out of 35 fame tho. Not bad.

31 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

SE taking them down before you can do so. It's like they're trying to tell people not to talk about their new releases, TWEWY got the same treatment after Neo got announced.

Loving the new elements in Megalomania too.

And yet this upload survived for over a week. Huh. Must be some kinda superpower.

27 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

IMG_20220721_110048935.jpg.f6b3302f488981a078e492f6be063fc5.jpg

The adventure of kee'-kwa-lie begins!

Garon time.

I can't believe Nintendo made a game where a woman on her period is going though a rough time but utilizes her intense mood swings to her advantage to save her beloved, showing young girls that bleeding makes them strong and is nothing to be shamed of, how progressive of Nintendo!

You know, that's an interesting way to look at it.

That is amazing.

And of course, the game has Loogi being a goofball, another point for it.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Funny thing about the happiness rating is that for a ton of characters it requires actually watching their epilogue scene. It doesn't count if you merely meet the requirements.

So if you head straight for the office and depart, you lose out on a lots of points just like that.

Imagine promoting Adel for that.

Thanks Kaga.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

My first playthrough with this name gimmick, I named the Avatar "ságh-a-lie", meaning "Above", and give him red hair

My second playthrough I named the avatar "il'-la-hie", meaning "Land", and gave her purple hair.

This is my third playthrough using these names, and I'm naming the avatar "kee'-kwa-lie" meaning "Below", and I gave him blue hair.

I'm playing Revelations if it wasn't obvious enough.

Best cutscene T-posing Garon time. 

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Phew

i just survived a Kaga style sandwich...

after a shitton of reloading that is and betting on crits lol

I'm realizing I don't know what you're playing. What is it, then?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm realizing I don't know what you're playing. What is it, then?

A japanese srpg studio game. Ya know, i like to pick up one every once in a while, and there's a new shiny one released

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you. I promise I will not laugh very hard at your results!

Sure, whenever you can, as long as you remember. I'm just curious is all, haha. Wait were you the one who killed Derrick or was it someone else? Choose your next words VERY carefully...

*cries*

Yeah i killed him!

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

A japanese srpg studio game. Ya know, i like to pick up one every once in a while, and there's a new shiny one released

Ah, neat. Any beardmen?

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

*cries*

Yeah i killed him!

I thought I remembered as much... Where's my Bölverk?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, it was intentional, but I started the entire game over just to recruit him so im forgiven... Right?

...Fair enough. I will grant you mercy.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought I remembered as much... Where's my Bölverk?

...Fair enough. I will grant you mercy.

Wait... Surely we can find some agreement here...?

Yay~

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

ZsKCkco.png

Well, that's kind of amazing.

So uh when are these games gonna start making use of the localization feature added in that one update? This looks pretty good ngl, but as always, moonrunes.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Alright I'm at chapter 8 and this is already the funniest writing I've ever read.

How is this game not a parody.

And just you wait until you get to chapter 14. The bad thing about Revelation is that it has the least amount of Garon scenes. The best thing about Revelation is that it has the single greatest Garon scene to have ever been Garoned.

Seriously, I lost my shit for like three minutes straight the first time I saw it. If you haven't seen it one of the times I linked it here before, you're in for a treat.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This looks pretty good ngl

2IL6nAL.png

I think you will like this dude as well. 

One thing i really like about this game is the unit design, how they all interact, elemental system and the skill system. Then again, JP SRPG studio games always excel at that and i usually find the units there super fun to play with.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh when are these games gonna start making use of the localization feature added in that one update?

You jest, but iirc there is one jp srpg studio game that was being translated. Atleast i saw it on twitter. It wasn't this one tho.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

How is this game not a parody.

Maybe it was a parody all along?

Edited by Shrimpy

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

2IL6nAL.png

I think you will like this dude as well. 

He looks angry and evil.

I dig it. I mean, he does look like the kinda dude that would REALLY benefit from a long sagely beard, but we can't win 'em all.

Also is that a gothic loli with a scythe I spy on the map? How... How cliché.

One thing i really like about this game is the unit design, how they all interact, elemental system and the skill system. Then again, JP SRPG studio games always excel at that and i usually find the units there super fun to play with.

Too bad about the moon runes, as always.

You jest, but iirc there is one jp srpg studio game that was being translated. Atleast i saw it on twitter. It wasn't this one tho.

Now that is rad.

Regardless of intent, it is a most beautiful plot line.

I do wish that I had the aptitude for making games, since I've got a ton of ideas. I guess they'll stay in this cranium 'o mine for now, though.

...Y'know, if I win the lottery and get to retire before I'm 80, maybe I should go to game development school and do that as a hobby in my elderly days.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also is that a gothic loli with a scythe I spy on the map?

0WtzZCY.png

gothic yes, but not loli lol

Axe Knight with LOTSA STR, Good RES and weak DEF.

One of her skills which i really like is any hit >= 80 will surely hit. Helps alot with axe pain the ass hit rates lol.

Also has a Nosferatu passive at less than 25% HP.

Edited by Shrimpy

Went through the Antartica battle. Not too shabby on the writing, a tad cliched -hard not to be in the modern world- but I approve.😄 It lives up to SRW's standards for the continent. The pivot to GGG stuff later during the fight felt odd, and I was reminded why the newer version of Potential is bad on bad guys.

But, then came the next mission of more GGG, and all was forgiven. I thought Guy was done with the upgrades with Goldion Doublehammer, I was wrong. Goldion Finger is the only attack with a base power of more than 8000, and it looks so absurd it seems fake. Nor I was not expecting Guy to get more subpilots than the Combattler and Voltes. I'll sure be abusing GGG Final tho', one Soul, three Bravery, and two Love is 😋. And then, if somewhat anticlimactically, came the titular Gaogaigar vs. Betterman clash. I turned on the animations when I had Masaki Cosmo Nova it, he said the voice sounded familiar, my neurons immediately fired up into overtime. I took another listen, Betterman!Lamia throws some distortion over it to emphasize them as being beyond human, but yup, I can tell it's him.😈

And WTF is Betterman Cataphract. That it doesn't have five subpilots is disappointing, particularly considering its newly-improved rival, yet the Cataphract joining with more than 20k HP & Large HP & EN Regens is amazeballs good. Having the only pilot with innate SP Recovery is a cherry on top. Attacks are sufficiently strong to boot. Lastly, I like the edgy, psychedelic, retro aesthetic of the Bettermen, their backstory seems neato from Lamia's profile. This is what I want out of latecomers. Jonas's long overdue upgrade just a little earlier... I hope he gets another boost, since his new strongest attack is 6450, comparable to the Wings of Light Uso picked up forever ago in a machine that doesn't seem half as special, and practically matched by the Hell & Heaven of ye olde GaoGaiGo. 30 is totally biased in favor of GGG, since aside from the Kakuseijin V2, it's all got pretty strong stuff, with fairly fun writing. The "let's not conceive children" conversation was a touch of nice unexpectedly serious writing too.

With that, Chapter 8 is done. All the bad guys are getting ready for their final confrontations. Only two chapters left to go. I'm looking forward to the conclusions!😎

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, it's caught me super off guard that tomorrow is Live a Live day.

I've seen the reviews for the game go up, 7-8 range it seems. Not that I expect you give one iota of a damn about them.😉 I'll pick it up at some point in the future, though not immediately. (I won't be getting XC3 on release either, so I'm balanced between you and Armagon.)

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

In all seriousness, Super Princess Peach is actually one of the most insane games Nintendo has ever released.

I should try emulating the fifth Starfy title (the only one to be translated), since it was made by the same people who worked on Super Princess Peach, hence the elusive starfish monster that shows up. I for some reason forgot about it back in the DS era.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

One of her skills which i really like is any hit >= 80 will surely hit. Helps alot with axe pain the ass hit rates lol.

I seen similar parts (accessories) in SRW30 recently. Though they can guarantee hit rates as low as 70% I think. Parts that do the same for evasion also exist, so enemy attacks below 20 or 30% are guaranteed to miss. You can even find a part that guarantees both hits and evasion. Kinda overshadowed with all the more brokenly good stuff however.😆

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda overshadowed with all the more brokenly good stuff however.😆

and thus skills you can use (spirits, was it? Don't remember the exact name) that can buff hit too 200% for one attack or reduce enemy hit alot.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

0WtzZCY.png

gothic yes, but not loli lol

Axe Knight with LOTSA STR, Good RES and weak DEF.

Also has a Nosferatu passive at less than 25% HP.

Sounds like something, all right. Glad it's not a loli.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've seen the reviews for the game go up, 7-8 range it seems. Not that I expect you give one iota of a damn about them.😉 

They can say what they like. It's not often I get MY nostalgia appealed to on this level. And, I genuinely respect Live a Live's boldness and creativity, rose-tinted glasses aside.

'll pick it up at some point in the future, though not immediately. (I won't be getting XC3 on release either, so I'm balanced between you and Armagon.)

Hah! The universe is balanced.

Conquest Chapter 12 has a random weird bit:

Spoiler

How does Elise speak to Gunter in Valla when she's sick? She says she talked to him and he was lonely, but I don't get how her sickness would cause her to see him (not hallucinate).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And just you wait until you get to chapter 14. The bad thing about Revelation is that it has the least amount of Garon scenes. The best thing about Revelation is that it has the single greatest Garon scene to have ever been Garoned.

Seriously, I lost my shit for like three minutes straight the first time I saw it. If you haven't seen it one of the times I linked it here before, you're in for a treat.

I did lose it at the Garon scene where he unironically says "Mwahaha" when his portrait was the same stern face it always is.

I also love how the story basically forced a reason why Azura didn't explain anything in the other routes with the whole Valla curse thing.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

I honestly can't tell sometimes. I can't in my right mind believe that this story was meant to be taken seriously.

If it was a parody, I'd take back every bad thing I said about Fates and rightfully call it a masterpiece.