Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

VAN NO!

https://images2.imgbox.com/3f/91/G15L1ryg_o.png

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I do wish that I had the aptitude for making games, since I've got a ton of ideas. I guess they'll stay in this cranium 'o mine for now, though.

...Y'know, if I win the lottery and get to retire before I'm 80, maybe I should go to game development school and do that as a hobby in my elderly days.

Benice i finally bought Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2!

I will play it soon, i swear

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I honestly can't tell sometimes. I can't in my right mind believe that this story was meant to be taken seriously.

According to the devs, it was

Ebjtvf0d o

--------

So, guys... what did I miss?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Benice i finally bought Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2!

I will play it soon, i swear

Eyy, hope you enjoy both of 'em! They're two of the series' best, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

VAN NO!

I can't believe Van steals candy from children, what has society come to?

Van might accept candy as payment from everyone, so I imagine his financial situation is less than ideal.

Here I thought I would eventually catch up to your Trails playthrough. I'll get you next time, Gadget!

Edited by Lightchao42

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Eyy, hope you enjoy both of 'em! They're two of the series' best, in my opinion.

I will. And now, reading your review from yesterday...

On 7/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Benice said:

Still, Yakuza Kiwami's gameplay is phenomenal. The challenging bosses actually require you to make use of the different abilities your styles have as opposed to simply just using Beast on everything, the change-up system is fantastic, and it just feels like the culmination of ten years of making games in the Yakuza 3-K1 Engine.

I did this the whole game.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

I now simp Dimitri

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB_X5gkXUAA9VJR.jpg

And now I see that Fates is your favorite FE. What else happened?

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Here I thought I would eventually catch up to your Trails playthrough. I'll get you next time, Gadget!

You never stood a chance to begin with. I've been no-lifeing this series for a long time already.

Look on the bright side, you'll soon outpace Sooks! You just need to finish Crossbell and the first two CS before

> Boss squad suddenly moves

> Bow Knight and Axe Knight reinforcements destroying me

> Retrying at save point without success

> Me: "What to do what to do AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" 

1LtgVT7.png

> Personal Skill: Half bow Damage, surviving Bow one shots thanks to that

> Evaded 2 lethal axe attacks (So triangle disadvantage because horseslayer was equipped) like a boss, after Luna'ing and almost giving me a heart attack in the progress one of em

> Ensured i survived the onslaught and paved the way to victory

Henceforth she is the new MVP-chan.

My Pegasi luck is truly something ❤️

And Luna got unequipped in favor of far attack evasion. Ballista slayer now!

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

And now I see that Fates is your favorite FE

Aftermath of 3 Copes.

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

What else happened?

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

new teehee lore?

anyone keeping notes of all the lore

Edited by Shrimpy

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

1LtgVT7.png

Marcia?

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Aftermath of 3 Copes.

FFFFFFF

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

anyone keeping notes of all the lore

nope

not that I know of

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Aftermath of 3 Copes.

Didn't like the game or was the discussion around it too much to bear? I don't blame you if it's the latter, I had to take a break from the internet myself.

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Jeralt should've gone to Jugdral

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Went through the Antartica battle. Not too shabby on the writing, a tad cliched -hard not to be in the modern world- but I approve.😄 It lives up to SRW's standards for the continent. The pivot to GGG stuff later during the fight felt odd, and I was reminded why the newer version of Potential is bad on bad guys.

But, then came the next mission of more GGG, and all was forgiven. I thought Guy was done with the upgrades with Goldion Doublehammer, I was wrong. Goldion Finger is the only attack with a base power of more than 8000, and it looks so absurd it seems fake. Nor I was not expecting Guy to get more subpilots than the Combattler and Voltes. I'll sure be abusing GGG Final tho', one Soul, three Bravery, and two Love is 😋. And then, if somewhat anticlimactically, came the titular Gaogaigar vs. Betterman clash. I turned on the animations when I had Masaki Cosmo Nova it, he said the voice sounded familiar, my neurons immediately fired up into overtime. I took another listen, Betterman!Lamia throws some distortion over it to emphasize them as being beyond human, but yup, I can tell it's him.😈

Oh yes, Final GGG is busted, heh. Though, it does come to a slight detriment of the King J-Der, since it needs Renais and Mamoru to be at its strongest.

What makes it even more broken is that everyone who was a pilot before joining Guy (so everyone sans Mikoto) is still classified as a pilot. So all those pilot abilities you may have given them or can still buy to them? Still work and they stack. I need to confirm that, though, but I remember reading about it.

Hahaha, oh yes. They always remember to bring up Seiyuu and character relations. Even in the non-voiced games.

And WTF is Betterman Cataphract. That it doesn't have five subpilots is disappointing, particularly considering its newly-improved rival, yet the Cataphract joining with more than 20k HP & Large HP & EN Regens is amazeballs good. Having the only pilot with innate SP Recovery is a cherry on top. Attacks are sufficiently strong to boot. Lastly, I like the edgy, psychedelic, retro aesthetic of the Bettermen, their backstory seems neato from Lamia's profile. This is what I want out of latecomers. Jonas's long overdue upgrade just a little earlier... I hope he gets another boost, since his new strongest attack is 6450, comparable to the Wings of Light Uso picked up forever ago in a machine that doesn't seem half as special, and practically matched by the Hell & Heaven of ye olde GaoGaiGo. 30 is totally biased in favor of GGG, since aside from the Kakuseijin V2, it's all got pretty strong stuff, with fairly fun writing. The "let's not conceive children" conversation was a touch of nice unexpectedly serious writing too.

With that, Chapter 8 is done. All the bad guys are getting ready for their final confrontations. Only two chapters left to go. I'm looking forward to the conclusions!😎

A shame on that, but I guess it would've been even more broken if it had access to a large Seishin pool? But yeah.

Fun trivia, despite the original Betterman being already in Compact 3 (and currently in DD too but its storyline is still on-going), this is the first time Lamia is playable. In Compact 3 he'd just show up as an allied unit in some maps and once the Betterman storyline finished... that was it. He never joined the party proper. SRW 30 almost seems to tease going the same way... and then double teases by making Lamia being unlockable instead of automatically joining. Well, at least...

Spoiler

before the Post-Game Storyline where they join automatically if not already.

Overall, yeah, you'd be a little on point. Since GGG vs Betterman is a debut, it's not surprising they get favored. Doesn't always happen that way, but it happens enough to sense a pattern.

FYO1g5OVQAEUK_9?format=jpg&name=large

I posted this on Twitter a few hours ago, i have waited six long years for that to show up on my Switch home screen.

Between this and Xenoblade 3, next week will be the week of peak.

5 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Conquest Chapter 12 has a random weird bit:

Reveal hidden contents

How does Elise speak to Gunter in Valla when she's sick? She says she talked to him and he was lonely, but I don't get how her sickness would cause her to see him (not hallucinate).

Rookie mistake for trying to make sense of Fates' writing, Dayni.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I was able to snag an early copy of Xenoblade 3.

....by which i meant it's set to arrive at the latest on the 27th, two whole days before the game actually comes out (also i got it through eBay, which is pretty safe).

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

did this the whole game.

I suppose that that's also an option. Giving Yuya the fish was not something that I'd considered.

Okay, did most of southwest The Reach stuff. Got the final fragment of Mehrune's Razor, cleared Namira's shrine of Draugr, among other stuff. Still got the Dwarven Ruin added by the Dawnguard DLC to tackle in the area... how curious for this one thing to be added considering the DLC's theme. Anyway, due to a dragon, I ended up close to Karthspire, so I guess I'll do the main quest now. Though I could drag Delphine and Esbern around since they're Essential and all. Well, even finishing that quest I'll remain in The Reach as I still got stuff to do. But that's for next time.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What makes it even more broken is that everyone who was a pilot before joining Guy (so everyone sans Mikoto) is still classified as a pilot. So all those pilot abilities you may have given them or can still buy to them? Still work and they stack.

Sooooooo you're saying if gave everyone level 1 Attacker, I'd end up with a 100% damage boost? That can't be right. Gliiiiiitch! -Or do you mean just SP Recovery?

If only I had gotten all the new subs to Great Ace beforehand, I should use up a few of the many sim battles I haven't done to fix that, the extra 25% starting SP would be nice.

Also, on the underlined, I'm presently sitting on 75000 PP (and 1.8 million credits). I haven't given anyone any skills or enhanced their starting ones. Making PP global instead forcing each pilot to build up their own stash has brought out the hoarder in me.😅 I should splurge with the final battles being all thats left, saving some reserves for the small handful of units that I know have yet to join.

I saw the Advent battle has unlocked BTW. I didn't attempt it because ?????? HP with Triple Action and that abomination of a MAP turned me off, although I'm happy he doesn't have HP Regen at all. Should I wait a little longer before trying to destroy him?

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though, it does come to a slight detriment of the King J-Der, since it needs Renais and Mamoru to be at its strongest.

Hmm? I don't think the game said anything about this. Does it weaken J-Quarth? Because either Phantom Phoenix got weaker, or my standards for raw attack power got higher.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A shame on that, but I guess it would've been even more broken if it had access to a large Seishin pool? But yeah.

You know I've applied the criticism to Masaki's familiars before. But with 30, I've been going back and forth on the Super AI crew. Fire J-Decker is strong enough without a sub, but Super Build Tiger could use the buff. Haro, the Reinforce Jr., and the Eldora Soul mean they wouldn't need full Spirit lists, a couple could be enough. I understand lorewise why the Super AIs count as one pilot, so I'm conflicted here.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun trivia, despite the original Betterman being already in Compact 3 (and currently in DD too but its storyline is still on-going), this is the first time Lamia is playable. In Compact 3 he'd just show up as an allied unit in some maps and once the Betterman storyline finished... that was it. He never joined the party proper.

Listen, if you want to heroically reside in the shadows, there is a right way to do it. You build a battleship with a drill and staff it with former bad guys and a few dimension travelers.

Even in 30, the Bettermen don't hop on board the Drei. Since they're seemingly semi-spiritual beings able to warp at will, I guess they're able to sense when they're being called upon and instantly show up where they need to be. It seems like a good compromise for these highly aloof entities. "Of the Dreikreuz and functionally in it" for gameplay, but not "in it" narratively. It works because they're supernatural in a way that permits this solution. If they were a group of perfectly humans, even with wormhole technology it'd be a bit of stretch to have them pop in all the time IMO.

Knowing it's been so long since Folka's Wonderswan Color game and yet the Bettermen hadn't shown up since, adds to this for me perhaps. So long since their last appearance, an appearance that itself was a tease. Gotta appreciate the rare fruits when you can eat them.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Overall, yeah, you'd be a little on point. Since GGG vs Betterman is a debut, it's not surprising they get favored. Doesn't always happen that way,

Like with Knight's & Magic and Majestic Prince? Narratively, the former feels like a "vassal" to the Rayearth stuff (and Lelouch of the Re;surrection feels the same way with GUNxSWORD). In gameplay the Ikaruga is solid, Goldleo has a great MAP but an underwhelming strongest attack, while the Tzendolg is bad outside of a rare natural S terrain rank and having two pilots.

Majestic Prince's upcoming final battle is going to feel unsatisfying I think. Although I take it SRW30 is only season one of the anime and that might be the reason why? As for it's units...

• I like the subdued Asagi so I'd like to use Blue 1.
  • Ange's gender ambiguity isn't badly done so Black 6 has caught my interest. 
  • I suppose I could slip the lead Red 5 in as well.
  • Rose 3 is downright bad, it needs something stronger than pervy Charge.
  • Gold 4 has a flavorful Ace Bonus, but it's not enough. Having the DLC, Excellen sorta blows all the other Support Attack pilots out of the water with her Ace Bonus. Shino is better than nerdlinger too. Freischutz need more oomph and more ammo. 
  • Purple 2 has a neat Custom Bonus, but I rarely use support-oriented units, I haven't used the Resupply command (although I have used the Spirit of the same name a few times) at all this entire game. Kei's unique Ace Bonus works even if you don't field her. So I've acquired a few baker's dozens of cakes that unless the Ace Bonus is unlocked early, ends up being a poor use of a part slot. I'm better off selling the Kei's Cakes for 5000 credits each. Admittedly, free money for doing nothing after reaching a point is pretty good, if implying women should stay in the kitchen.

Sure, the Majestic Prince crew have -and kinda depend on- Rabbit Formation. Which, if I fielded half the crew and kept them adjacent, would have a diminished yet respectable 6600 power, compensating for their attacks otherwise barely breaking 5000 (or not at all for Purple and Rose). These story-wise novices -which I concede justifies making them weaker in gameplay and dependent on teamwork- could use a tune up next appearance. Although the Expansion Pack's added Rabbit Formation Plus looks like it fixes their maximum damage. Blue-Black-Red+ would have a diminished value of 7100, that's plenty solid for a strongest attack, more than many ultimates.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Gaming-wise, I played through Metroid Dread. Was fun, except where I got cursed by Metroid for the third time and found myself unable to finish the game due to the difficulty of the final boss. I've swapped over to Kirby and the Forgotten Land on my Switch.

And as I've been copiously typing, I've resumed playing SRW30 (I took a break from 30 that began because of a couple days I spent in the hospital due to a skin infection, didn't bring my laptop with me). Should be done with this looooong game by the start of August.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Didn't like the game or was the discussion around it too much to bear? I don't blame you if it's the latter, I had to take a break from the internet myself.

Shrimpy's thoughts on Three Hopes from what I've remembered they've said. To take care of some of the explaining for them if they don't mind.:

• 1st half of all the stories? Great!
  • 2nd half of all the stories? 💣
    • The Lions had the least bad second half.
    • Golden Wildfire was more like Golden Dumpster Fire. Or Golden Offshore Oil Rig Fire. Or Golden Amazon Rainforest Fire. It was that bad. If you like the taste of human kidney, Shrimpy can give you Claude's because boy he got butchered. (Don't ask for the liver, Ruben took it and has it pickled in a glass jar at his house.)
    • Rhea was cast in a very good light. Too good, because she and Dimitri being open to reform, made Edel's and Claude's calls for violent radical revolution unnecessary.
    • Shez, Shrimpy described them as a "Have your cake and eat it too" situation. Listening to fan feedback, the developers made Shez not special, except they also made Shez special! The writers' vacillations left Shez unsatisfying, because what specialness they have is underdeveloped due to the want to keep Shez normal limited the time spent on the specialness.
    • The Things That Go Bump In The Night were poorly written ofc.
    • Byleth was better now they could speak, but they needed more story presence, I think.
    • New girl Monica is SoV's Faye with the hots for Edelgard. A waste of a character, if you could even call her one.
  • Gameplay-wise, Shrimpy does not like normal Musou at all. Yet Three Hopes was good, except it forced too many tedious side battles on the player.

Shrimpy has also realized their fondness for Three Houses might be due to the game being one of the first things they played after they went through the Five Stages of Grief (well, two stages at least- Anger and Depression, not sure how much Denial, Bargaining and Acceptance there was) with the Trails franchise. They still like the characters of Three Houses, but the narrative has sunk in their eyes in new retrospective analysis. They are done with Fodlan and want Fire Emblem to move on.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sooooooo you're saying if gave everyone level 1 Attacker, I'd end up with a 100% damage boost? That can't be right. Gliiiiiitch! -Or do you mean just SP Recovery?

If only I had gotten all the new subs to Great Ace beforehand, I should use up a few of the many sim battles I haven't done to fix that, the extra 25% starting SP would be nice.

Also, on the underlined, I'm presently sitting on 75000 PP (and 1.8 million credits). I haven't given anyone any skills or enhanced their starting ones. Making PP global instead forcing each pilot to build up their own stash has brought out the hoarder in me.😅 I should splurge with the final battles being all thats left, saving some reserves for the small handful of units that I know have yet to join.

I saw the Advent battle has unlocked BTW. I didn't attempt it because ?????? HP with Triple Action and that abomination of a MAP turned me off, although I'm happy he doesn't have HP Regen at all. Should I wait a little longer before trying to destroy him?

I think so, yes. It's not that it's a glitch, it's likely they just never bothered to give them separate unit slots for subpilot versions when they could just use the ones they already have. But then that brings a perhaps unintended consequence. Like I said, I don't remember if that actually happens.

Perhaps? Try it out and see how it goes. Interesting how the world of 30 is the successor of Zverse. Since it's not just a cameo thing for Advent to be there, after all.

Hmm? I don't think the game said anything about this. Does it weaken J-Quarth? Because either Phantom Phoenix got weaker, or my standards for raw attack power got higher.

Wait, got it wrong. Kaidou, not Mamoru. In previous SRWs, which used GGG and GGG FINAL, Renais and Kaidou would be J's subpilots in the King J-Der.

Oh, nothing happens game-wise. Just, as the story of GGG goes, they not being in the King J-Der means it loses access to stuff, like the J-Phoenix attack it has in other SRWs but not this one, for obvious reasons.

You know I've applied the criticism to Masaki's familiars before. But with 30, I've been going back and forth on the Super AI crew. Fire J-Decker is strong enough without a sub, but Super Build Tiger could use the buff. Haro, the Reinforce Jr., and the Eldora Soul mean they wouldn't need full Spirit lists, a couple could be enough. I understand lorewise why the Super AIs count as one pilot, so I'm conflicted here.

I could see the logic of "counts as one pilot" thing there.

Listen, if you want to heroically reside in the shadows, there is a right way to do it. You build a battleship with a drill and staff it with former bad guys and a few dimension travelers.

Even in 30, the Bettermen don't hop on board the Drei. Since they're seemingly semi-spiritual beings able to warp at will, I guess they're able to sense when they're being called upon and instantly show up where they need to be. It seems like a good compromise for these highly aloof entities. "Of the Dreikreuz and functionally in it" for gameplay, but not "in it" narratively. It works because they're supernatural in a way that permits this solution. If they were a group of perfectly humans, even with wormhole technology it'd be a bit of stretch to have them pop in all the time IMO.

Knowing it's been so long since Folka's Wonderswan Color game and yet the Bettermen hadn't shown up since, adds to this for me perhaps. So long since their last appearance, an appearance that itself was a tease. Gotta appreciate the rare fruits when you can eat them.

It's even weirder because his reason for leaving in Compact 3 is the same he gives in SRW 30 (whether or not Guy stops him if you recruited him or not), that the threat to humanity is over and thus he must go back to hibernation. Except, Compact 3 does operate on the "choose the order of the chapter missions" system that 30 would reuse, and even if you do the Betterman final map for last, you still have the final fight with the Shura King left, so Lamia leaving is like... uh huh. Even just being playable for that one stage could've been a thing. Or just be an NPC one last time could've still made sense instead of just peacing out. And if you don't do the Betterman finale last... gets even more ridiculous. lol

Compact 3 in general was like this. Its debuting series have yet to appear in another mainline game. Betterman showed up again for DD, and 30 got GGG vs Betterman. But the rest of Compact 3's debuts, Mechander Robo, Acrobunch, and Vision of Escaflowne? Still unique to Compact 3. Again, for mainline games. Since I think Escaflowne did got to show up in Cross-Omega.

Like with Knight's & Magic and Majestic Prince? Narratively, the former feels like a "vassal" to the Rayearth stuff (and Lelouch of the Re;surrection feels the same way with GUNxSWORD). In gameplay the Ikaruga is solid, Goldleo has a great MAP but an underwhelming strongest attack, while the Tzendolg is bad outside of a rare natural S terrain rank and having two pilots.

Certainly, thanks to the decision of making Knights and Magic share a world with Cefiro. So yeah, Rayearth was going to end up as the larger partner, thanks to the Pillar stuff.

Majestic Prince's upcoming final battle is going to feel unsatisfying I think. Although I take it SRW30 is only season one of the anime and that might be the reason why? As for it's units...

• I like the subdued Asagi so I'd like to use Blue 1.
  • Ange's gender ambiguity isn't badly done so Black 6 has caught my interest. 
  • I suppose I could slip the lead Red 5 in as well.
  • Rose 3 is downright bad, it needs something stronger than pervy Charge.
  • Gold 4 has a flavorful Ace Bonus, but it's not enough. Having the DLC, Excellen sorta blows all the other Support Attack pilots out of the water with her Ace Bonus. Shino is better than nerdlinger too. Freischutz need more oomph and more ammo. 
  • Purple 2 has a neat Custom Bonus, but I rarely use support-oriented units, I haven't used the Resupply command (although I have used the Spirit of the same name a few times) at all this entire game. Kei's unique Ace Bonus works even if you don't field her. So I've acquired a few baker's dozens of cakes that unless the Ace Bonus is unlocked early, ends up being a poor use of a part slot. I'm better off selling the Kei's Cakes for 5000 credits each. Admittedly, free money for doing nothing after reaching a point is pretty good, if implying women should stay in the kitchen.

Sure, the Majestic Prince crew have -and kinda depend on- Rabbit Formation. Which, if I fielded half the crew and kept them adjacent, would have a diminished yet respectable 6600 power, compensating for their attacks otherwise barely breaking 5000 (or not at all for Purple and Rose). These story-wise novices -which I concede justifies making them weaker in gameplay and dependent on teamwork- could use a tune up next appearance. Although the Expansion Pack's added Rabbit Formation Plus looks like it fixes their maximum damage. Blue-Black-Red+ would have a diminished value of 7100, that's plenty solid for a strongest attack, more than many ultimates.

About that... well, localization actually changed a few things there. And that's all I'm saying since it's a topic that can... cause quite a ruckus. Like on the Steam forums.

Majestic Prince got a boost in the Expansion Pack, as it incorporated elements from the Movie. But yeah.

>implying women should stay in the kitchen.
>Kei being the archetypical "bad cook"

... does not compute... lol

You'd think it should work when she's not deployed as otherwise... where she gets the time to make them? XD

Finally, I've finished Chapter 12 of CotF! However, it's too late for the finishing touches before uploading, so I'll do that tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

TMhWzF7.png

Old man pls. This is the first empty level up i get i think xD

Of course the old guy has bad growths.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I did lose it at the Garon scene where he unironically says "Mwahaha" when his portrait was the same stern face it always is.

Garon is always a joy to watch.

I also love how the story basically forced a reason why Azura didn't explain anything in the other routes with the whole Valla curse thing.

Valla in general is peak dumb. I love it that way.

I honestly can't tell sometimes. I can't in my right mind believe that this story was meant to be taken seriously.

If it was a parody, I'd take back every bad thing I said about Fates and rightfully call it a masterpiece.

If it was a parody it was the single most successful story in the series. It accomplished what it set out to do in ways no other game in the series ever has.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Garonquest was updated. This put the hack in my mind once again, and I was struck by inspiration. So I wrote more supports for Garonquest.

I wrote a support between Garon and Peri. It was fun.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

And now I see that Fates is your favorite FE. What else happened?

As it turned out, Three Hopes wanted to appeal to me as opposed to fans of Three Houses.

And it even failed at that. Because Koei are useless. Pieces of shit, why remove my favorite character from Fodlan?

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

1LtgVT7.png

Heeeey this game lets you put generics in your team? How neat.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't ask for the liver, Ruben took it and has it pickled in a glass jar at his house.

I can confirm I have Claude's liver in a jar in my living room. Every time I pass by it I point and get a nice hearty chuckle out of it.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know what's funnier. That he threw nothing, or that the guy still got knocked out. XD

Never underestimate the power of strongly thrown air.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it was a parody it was the single most successful story in the series. It accomplished what it set out to do in ways no other game in the series ever has.

Okay so we know a big reason why Fate's story is so £̴̨̢̩̝̥͍͓̖̣̬͒̐̎̀͂̔͐̀͐͘͜͝µ̸̛̦̖͙̻͖̰̥͙̰̪̯̍̽̒͌̑͒̿̈́̚̕¢̴̧̛͕͕̱͕͎͉͇͎̥̜̈́̀̃͂͗̓̇̑̕k̶̛͚̳̪̩̩̟̦̳͖̳̙̔̏̀́͑̆̚͝͝ḯ̶̡̙̯͕̯̞͇̭̦͍̓̈́͊̂̿͐́͛̓͘ņ̶̦̖̬͙̩̙͎̬͙̝̃̑̇̋̎͐̔́̎̆͘ģ̸̖̩̮̟̯̙̖͕̻̔̅̃̌͒̈́̓͐̕͜͠ ̵̛̛̹̩̫̣͍̬̤̭̯͂͒̊̆̆͗̑́͠ͅͅį̵̡̡̣͎̤̯̠͓̥͔̈̇͐̊́̇̿̔̕͠͝ñ̷̢͓̣͈̭̦̼͙͉̓̈́̀̏̐̈́̏́̚͜͝ͅ§̴̡̤̫͕̰̩̞̫͓̲̋̒̏́́̍́͗̄̚͝ͅå̸̢̱͎̥̟͕̩̗̪̅̓́̿̏̇͌̇̽̍̚͜ͅñ̶̡̧͚͙̞̰͖̖̺̪̹̍̿̌̈͗͂̓͛̌̇͘ề̶̼̬̮̻̼̩͙̼̖̗͚̎͑̅͗̐̅̂͐̂̅  is because the story was original going to be significantly longer, which begs the question...

Would it be okay if Fates had a really good story but it had to be told through hour long cutscenes and dialogue boxes?

And maybe get rid of the three routes thing, it's cool in theory but in practice it's so obviously trying to get you to play them in a specific order and none of them work isolated on their own as a story.

29 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm getting tired of having to head up and down all the time, Ruben and Shrimpy are one and the same, some of us like Mario + Rabbids now.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Didn't like the game or was the discussion around it too much to bear?

Both

Well, i am fine with the gameplay, but the story.....

Terrible

Especially Olden Trashfire.

Put then Edelfans on reddit who act all high and mighty to the mix and i am awaiting saving by toothpaste-chan.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Jeralt should've gone to Jugdral

Blame the peeps over here 😛

Shrimpy's thoughts on Three Hopes from what I've remembered they've said. To take care of some of the explaining for them if they don't mind.:

• 1st half of all the stories? Great!
  • 2nd half of all the stories? 💣
    • The Lions had the least bad second half.
    • Golden Wildfire was more like Golden Dumpster Fire. Or Golden Offshore Oil Rig Fire. Or Golden Amazon Rainforest Fire. It was that bad. If you like the taste of human kidney, Shrimpy can give you Claude's because boy he got butchered. (Don't ask for the liver, Ruben took it and has it pickled in a glass jar at his house.)
    • Rhea was cast in a very good light. Too good, because she and Dimitri being open to reform, made Edel's and Claude's calls for violent radical revolution unnecessary.
    • Shez, Shrimpy described them as a "Have your cake and eat it too" situation. Listening to fan feedback, the developers made Shez not special, except they also made Shez special! The writers' vacillations left Shez unsatisfying, because what specialness they have is underdeveloped due to the want to keep Shez normal limited the time spent on the specialness.
    • The Things That Go Bump In The Night were poorly written ofc.
    • Byleth was better now they could speak, but they needed more story presence, I think.
    • New girl Monica is SoV's Faye with the hots for Edelgard. A waste of a character, if you could even call her one.
  • Gameplay-wise, Shrimpy does not like normal Musou at all. Yet Three Hopes was good, except it forced too many tedious side battles on the player.

Shrimpy has also realized their fondness for Three Houses might be due to the game being one of the first things they played after they went through the Five Stages of Grief (well, two stages at least- Anger and Depression, not sure how much Denial, Bargaining and Acceptance there was) with the Trails franchise. They still like the characters of Three Houses, but the narrative has sunk in their eyes in new retrospective analysis. They are done with Fodlan and want Fire Emblem to move on

Basically. And to add to this, the game does something worse than "tell, don't show" (which is already a sin)...

It has "Tell, show the exact otherwise", especially in regards to the church.

Also Almyra got the Valla in conquest treatment

9 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Ruben and Shrimpy are one and the same

And we are Kaga

Edited by Shrimpy

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Okay so we know a big reason why Fate's story is so £̴̨̢̩̝̥͍͓̖̣̬͒̐̎̀͂̔͐̀͐͘͜͝µ̸̛̦̖͙̻͖̰̥͙̰̪̯̍̽̒͌̑͒̿̈́̚̕¢̴̧̛͕͕̱͕͎͉͇͎̥̜̈́̀̃͂͗̓̇̑̕k̶̛͚̳̪̩̩̟̦̳͖̳̙̔̏̀́͑̆̚͝͝ḯ̶̡̙̯͕̯̞͇̭̦͍̓̈́͊̂̿͐́͛̓͘ņ̶̦̖̬͙̩̙͎̬͙̝̃̑̇̋̎͐̔́̎̆͘ģ̸̖̩̮̟̯̙̖͕̻̔̅̃̌͒̈́̓͐̕͜͠ ̵̛̛̹̩̫̣͍̬̤̭̯͂͒̊̆̆͗̑́͠ͅͅį̵̡̡̣͎̤̯̠͓̥͔̈̇͐̊́̇̿̔̕͠͝ñ̷̢͓̣͈̭̦̼͙͉̓̈́̀̏̐̈́̏́̚͜͝ͅ§̴̡̤̫͕̰̩̞̫͓̲̋̒̏́́̍́͗̄̚͝ͅå̸̢̱͎̥̟͕̩̗̪̅̓́̿̏̇͌̇̽̍̚͜ͅñ̶̡̧͚͙̞̰͖̖̺̪̹̍̿̌̈͗͂̓͛̌̇͘ề̶̼̬̮̻̼̩͙̼̖̗͚̎͑̅͗̐̅̂͐̂̅  is because the story was original going to be significantly longer, which begs the question...

Would it be okay if Fates had a really good story but it had to be told through hour long cutscenes and dialogue boxes?

Yep. Thay's the Kaga approach lol. I'm used to that.

And maybe get rid of the three routes thing, it's cool in theory but in practice it's so obviously trying to get you to play them in a specific order and none of them work isolated on their own as a story.

FE needs to ditch routes period. They have proven multiple times over that they clearly can't do it right.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

And we are Kaga

Don't forget we are Garon too. But that was obvious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE needs to ditch routes period. They have proven multiple times over that they clearly can't do it right.

The problem also is how they do routes.

First, the big elephant in the room, is the repetitive gameplay, especially obvious in Fodlan. Atlesst Fates cooked up objectives and stuff in the map with map reuse to make em feel fresh so it ain't really an issue, but the map reuse  issue does exist.

Then the way they so routes is they want all sides to appear good most of the time. The prospectives offered are usually lacking.

Then the way they do routes and how they are all disconnected with each other...

Funny enough, a (fixed) Birthright and Conquest into an expanded Heirs of Fate would've been ideal route progression imo, with Birthright and Conquest offering 2 "Normal/Bad Ends", and Heirs of Fate the True End with the kids fixing their parents mess.

Yet they are usually afraid of True Endings, and they tried a golden ending once (Revelation) and sucked at it

Edited by Shrimpy

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

The problem also is how they do routes.

First, the big elephant in the room, is the repetitive gameplay, especially obvious in Fodlan. Atlesst Fates cooked up objectives and stuff in the map with map reuse to make em feel fresh so it ain't really an issue, but the map reuse  issue does exist.

Reused maps don't necessarily have to be an issue. I mean, obviously the same places are going to exist in the same world. But as you said, they need to feel different. Like the Conquest Valla map. The Corrin/Gunter/Azura gauntlet makes it feel super unique, and then Revelation has a more traditional take on the map. That's neat. Do it more like that.

Then the way they so routes is they want all sides to appear good most of the time. The prospectives offered are usually lacking.

A legit villain route would be super fun, if they just had the courage to go for it.

Then the way they do routes and how they are all disconnected with each other...

This.

Funny enough, a (fixed) Birthright and Conquest into an expanded Heirs of Fate would've been ideal route progression imo, with Birthright and Conquest offering 2 "Normal/Bad Ends", and Heirs of Fate the True End with the kids fixing their parents mess.

Yeah, that would've been cool.

Yet they are usually afraid of True Endings, and they tried a golden ending once (Revelation) and sucked at it

Golden ending, as long as you're not a fan of Izana and Scarlet lololololol

Garonquest real golden route