Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I want to complain about this game starting off with literally the exact same anime funny moment but

50001Ul.jpg

this line almost makes it salvageable. Almost.

6 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

I'm on the final stretch of my course. If all goes well, I'll deliver my final paper next week. I also have the flu.

I hope your course and final paper go well and that the flu isn’t too bad for you. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

image.png.d525e67008b88eb212620a8d67817c2c.png

Come at me bro.

…You know Saint_Siegfried, I’m loath to admit that this probably isn’t your first, second or thousandth picture of Camilla that you have downloaded on your PC. The real question is how many of them aren’t safe for work?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Can also just pause and think about how stupid the title for the new FE game is? I mean really, Engage? How exciting!

I mean, regardless of the meme title I think the logo they use for it sucks.

The font, the red to blue accenting on the edges of it, not a fan of it.

https://i.redd.it/ni2qtv9o5nn91.png

>no Seliph

>no Hector or Eligood

>no Ephraim

My Disappointment Is Immeasurable And My Day Is Ruined | Know Your Meme

At least F!Byleth fans will seethe

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hope your paper returns well and the flu isn't too bad.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope your course and final paper go well and that the flu isn’t too bad for you. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Ty ty. I already started the treatment for the flu with the medication, but the final paper, haha...

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…You know Saint_Siegfried, I’m loath to admit that this probably isn’t your first, second or thousandth picture of Camilla that you have downloaded on your PC. The real question is how many of them aren’t safe for work?

Rule34.xxx says there's currently 3,366 images so far.  Margin of error is approximately 6,856,739,826,755,539,725,916,845,518,936.

This trailer has heated us all up a bunch so lets cool down with some nice old uncontroversial Sacred Stones.

DGxUOP2.png

This is currently how I feel.

rIjhZkg.png

It's interesting that the GBA games (And I'm guessing games before them as well) acknowledged the sexism within their universes yet more recent games seem to ignore it for the most part.

LJ9u3kw.pngi2UaVRA.png

I can't tell if I like Ephraim or not.

Also, unrelated but when I searched Ephraim to make sure I was spelling his name right I came across "Ephraim x Eirika" as the first autosearch.

So that's fun.

WH6HE7P.png

This on the other hand is an image I could use for a lot of twitter arguments.

AzUAN3Q.png

One thing I will give credit to Fire Emblem for yet also critique it for is the consistent portrayal of the Manakete of being under threat of slavery.

I respect IS for being willing to talk about such a horrible practice but I also think they don't dive deep enough into it as it deserves.

D07sIeb.png

The moment of truth, which side shall I pick?

The plan is still to go this run on easy then next run on normal but it'll all depend on how I feel by the end of one of these so I'll make sure to keep a save as Ruben suggested.

Ultimately I must start with Eirika because that seems the most appropriate.

Also I'm still conflicted on my feelings towards Ephraim.

49 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Dew it

DEW IT

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben: Beardtarian

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

First time I get centrism let’s gooo

Alright I'll do it, but it must be a collaborative effort to decide on what the names of each side is and what they represent as well as who goes where.

18 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

https://i.redd.it/ni2qtv9o5nn91.png

>no Seliph

>no Hector or Eligood

>no Ephraim

Be glad that it seems they were only allowed one per game (Or continent rather) and that they didn't open the door for more Fates royals.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

1 minute ago, Punished06 said:

>no Seliph

>no Hector or Eligood

>no Ephraim

I am going to bet there'll be more than these 12 available as rings.

To me it makes no sense to limit themselves like this and not use any of the other popular characters.

FEH alts in this also confirms that Zenith is a legend in this setting, FEH OCs confirmed as DLC /s

But knowing our luck I'll be on the money

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This trailer has heated us all up a bunch so lets cool down with some nice old uncontroversial Sacred Stones.

Why yes, the joke salt machine is heated up.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Alright I'll do it, but it must be a collaborative effort to decide on what the names of each side is and what they represent as well as who goes where.

For sides:

In Shambles?

Riding the crest of the salt wave?

Chill penguins?

Be glad that it seems they were only allowed one per game (Or continent rather) and that they didn't open the door for more Fates royals.

I think the chances that that'll be proven wrong are there, especially with so many swordies here.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also, unrelated but when I search Ephraim to make sure I was spelling his name right I came across "Ephraim x Eirika" as the first autosearch.

So that's fun.

Fire Emblem was a mistake.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

AzUAN3Q.png

One thing I will give credit to Fire Emblem for yet also critique it for is the consistent portrayal of the Manakete of being under threat of slavery.

I respect IS for being willing to talk about such a horrible practice but I also think they don't dive deep enough into it as it deserves.

I mean, kinda? I'd rather not spoil at the minute.

11 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

but it must be a collaborative effort to decide on what the names of each side is and what they represent as well as who goes where.

Left - optimist, right - pessimist

Up - Elitist, Down - Casual

Edit: Scratch that, Dayni has better suggestions XD

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

9 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Rule34.xxx says there's currently 3,366 images so far.  Margin of error is approximately 6,856,739,826,755,539,725,916,845,518,936.

S-so shameless...!

I like you

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

>Sacred Stones

>uncontroversial

Haha...

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The moment of truth, which side shall I pick?

Like I said before, Ephraim's route is better but it is harder. Also, if you really like Joshua, you should go with Eirika. Just don't complain later about being stuck with the inferior story and villain

11 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also, unrelated but when I search Ephraim to make sure I was spelling his name right I came across "Ephraim x Eirika" as the first autosearch.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I am going to bet there'll be more than these 12 available as rings.

To me it makes no sense to limit themselves like this and not use any of the other popular characters.

You're right. CHADliph and CHADphraim are too cool to share the spotlight with other main characters, so they let Sigurd and Eirika to be their representatives, how nice of them

1 minute ago, Punished06 said:

You're right. CHADliph and CHADphraim are too cool to share the spotlight with other main characters, so they let Sigurd and Eirika to be their representatives, how nice of them

Seliph did it because he likes seeing his dad doing cool things and letting his Cousin get a spotlight too is also in character for him and Ephraim stood back because he didn't want the spotlight. As for Alm, they drew straws and Celica won. Same with Hector and Eliwood (It was Hector's idea). Chrom let Lucina go as a present but insisted on her not using the Falchion.

The real crime is no confirmed L'Arachel, real protag of SS

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

For sides:

In Shambles?

Riding the crest of the salt wave?

Chill penguins?

Care to elaborate on what some of these entail?

13 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Left - optimist, right - pessimist

Up - Elitist, Down - Casual

I was thinking of something like this, just a bit more focused on the trailer itself.

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Being quoted on a forum really is the best way to feel heartbroken about a grammar error I made.

Damn you dyslexia!

11 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

>Sacred Stones

>uncontroversial

Haha...

In truth I don't think there is an uncontroversial Fire Emblem game.

Except, I don't know, FE1? Can't really rock the boat if there wasn't a boat to rock to begin with.

12 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

Like I said before, Ephraim's route is better but it is harder. Also, if you really like Joshua, you should go with Eirika. Just don't complain later about being stuck with the inferior story and villain

That's part of the reason I chose Eirika first since I plan on playing them in quick succession. Better to leave the game on a high note, right?

14 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

I hate that I find this more funny than anything. Fates has numbed my reaction to incest.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Care to elaborate on what some of these entail?

In Shambles would refer to those who were not believing in the leaks and are currently dealing with everything we just saw

Riding the crest of the salt wave are those of us shitposting at the minute about the results of this trailer/the leaks being legit.

Chill penguins are those just taking it easy, not getting mad or making much of any fuss.

What are we missing from here?

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Being quoted on a forum really is the best way to feel heartbroken about a grammar error I made.

Damn you dyslexia!

That's not why I quoted it though?

I hate that I find this more funny than anything. Fates has numbed my reaction to incest.

28 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

In Shambles would refer to those who were not believing in the leaks and are currently dealing with everything we just saw

Riding the crest of the salt wave are those of us shitposting at the minute about the results of this trailer/the leaks being legit.

Chill penguins are those just taking it easy, not getting mad or making much of any fuss.

These are good, I like these.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hype riders

And this makes four sides!

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's not why I quoted it though?

No I know, I was talking to myself because my god so many times has it happened where I post something and then only notice in a quote that I made a mistake.

It doesn't matter to anything I know, but still.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

ya know, browsing outside the fandom, the reactions seem much more positive

Because this fandom is full of cynics.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

ISHIN REMAKE

WE'RE GETTING ISHIN!

THE DREAM IS REAL!

...Unreal Engine 4 is kinda weird, though.

I noticed that.

When was the original made?

Edited by Punished Dayni