• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Not that it ended up being too much of a good idea. Latin America metaphorically and practically literally fell apart, to be preyed upon by foreign powers... mainly the Anglo ones.

Then again, not like we were heading to a Hispanic Commonwealth either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally that's what I always did.

In practice, if you don't do any optional battles, I don't think anyone is reaching 20/20 before the Sacred Stones's is over. You don't need every single stat point you can get either, unlike some games (FE12 on its higher difficulties comes to mind). EXP tended to slow down around level 15 once the route split started, so I could see someone promoting units once that EXP slowdown begins.

The smartest of players -usually those who have counted by hand the numbers of cells the game's small intestine is comprised of- know exactly what they need to get through the game, and hence are fine with promoting early. Later promotion in the games with finite leveling is good if the situation calls for it, or if the player is more unsure of what they need later and are not willing to sacrifice the future to benefit the now.

Therefore, I consider my approach with SS to be irrational. Since I know from many playthroughs that a 20 promotion is not necessary for SS and that reaching 20/20 is unlikely. I nonetheless stick to it as an irrational creature.

I noticed a time or 3 in the two games I played so far that sometimes you’ll get one around 18-20 that’ll bump 4-5 categories 

LET'S GOOOOOO PLAYABLE BOS!

From spoiled-brat/local bully to a man who has found true purpose. Ya love to see it.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What isn't okay is the Gald cost of warping -why does it exist?

That sounds like such an arbitrary limit. What, was Namco afraid the player would warp too much?

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

And i put Fodlan games up for sale. 35€ each i want, or trading for TMS/13Sentinels each

Man, i know you said it, but Hopes really soured you on Houses to the point that you're willing to sell that one too.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

And i put Fodlan games up for sale. 35€ each i want, or trading for TMS/13Sentinels each

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Gl with TMS if you get it!

Today's main thing. I actually can't believe I had to do that. I would've assumed there'd be a dancer casting magic animation on the repository, but nope. Not for Tethys, at least.

So, I had to take matters into my own hands.

I am having way too much fun with this little project, I swear.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Today's main thing. I actually can't believe I had to do that. I would've assumed there'd be a dancer casting magic animation on the repository, but nope. Not for Tethys, at least.

So, I had to take matters into my own hands.

I am having way too much fun with this little project, I swear.

She spin

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I forgot about this happening! I also dont remember it really being needed at all, maybe im wrong on that though. 

My problem might be my willingness to go off the beaten path before doing the main objectives. Take for instance the optional cave near the mountain village where the Hellion that becomes the Lord of the Land Seraph of that village is located. I raided the cave well before that side quest became available. I did open some shortcuts in the process, but footing the whole thing still took me a little while to go from Pendrago through the plains into the mountain trail to the village, and then back into the mountain trail to the cave to the Hellion leech then out of the cave back to the village and then onwards to my next destination. Because again, I might not spending very much money now, but I'm hoarding it for if I need to spend it, and I ain't spending 6k of my 160k funds for a single use of teleportation.

Thankfully, it's pretty easy to avoid enemy encounters even without Rose's sneaking talent and Holy Bottles. -Although by avoiding battles, I can't amass Grade to up the Lord of the Land boons, nor can I activate Windstepping for a much-desired running speed boost. And reason avoiding encounters is easy, is because the game's generic-looking outdoor environments are a little too big for their own good.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That sounds like such an arbitrary limit. What, was Namco afraid the player would warp too much?

You are allowed free warps -from save points to other save points within the same town.😑 That's 95% useless, no city is big enough to get much use out of it. And triggering the Windstepping mobility boost is very easy in towns.

I don't like to be a XenoShill, but... how could I not think about it? From the Fallen Arm to the Eryth Sea and best of all it's always free!

Makes you appreciate the little things more in the games that have them.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

qUGlPsu.png

Though not right now. It's my brother's birthday after all.

Correct me if I'm wrong- Isn't the game where you play as a guy whose lineage has been destined to forever fight evil. And, once he mates with a lady he has chosen from several options, dies. Then, you take over playing as his son, and this process then repeats several times?

I wasn't expecting this of you. -Oh wait, Dragon Quest V.

Hope you're enjoying your brother's birthday too.😃

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Man, i know you said it, but Hopes really soured you on Houses to the point that you're willing to sell that one too.

I was planning more houses runs sometime, but after Hopes...

nah

So  since i am not planning to play it again, might use it to get a game i wanna play XD

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

How disgussting. Where?

Have you put it up somewhere public if it's still up?

28 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

How disgussting. Where?

Have you put it up somewhere public if it's still up?

On a German online classified advertising website. Usually the easiest way for me to sell the games. If it doesn't work there i put them on ebay

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong- Isn't the game where you play as a guy whose lineage has been destined to forever fight evil. And, once he mates with a lady he has chosen from several options, dies. Then, you take over playing as his son, and this process then repeats several times?

I wasn't expecting this of you. -Oh wait, Dragon Quest V.

Hope you're enjoying your brother's birthday too.😃

Five generations, yes. Well, not quite DQV, haha.

It's an SRPG, so... actually, I don't even remember why I wanted to get this game. But I did, played it for a while but never finished it, and now I want to do a full playthrough.

Well, it won't be as enjoyable as it could be, but is still a pleasant time to have.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Come to think of it, Agarest's gameplay is pretty much like Gaiden/SoV.

You have a node-network world map, visitable towns, free-roam dungeons where you still get into SRPG battles... huh, I never made that connection before.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Jesus Christ.

And then out of spite i guess, Luxin (Xenoblade youtuber) made a spreadsheet comparing localization delays of various JRPGs throughout the years and it really shows how much NISA sucks (even brings up how Atelier is succeeding where Falcom is failing).

Seeing Reverie taking about as long as the first Dragon Quest game being localized (which was a time where localizations understandably would not be simultaneous, or anywhere near it) really shows how slow it is.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You are allowed free warps -from save points to other save points within the same town.😑 That's 95% useless, no city is big enough to get much use out of it. And triggering the Windstepping mobility boost is very easy in towns.

I'm trying to think of anything remotely as arbitrary as this in recent memory.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then out of spite i guess, Luxin (Xenoblade youtuber) made a spreadsheet comparing localization delays of various JRPGs throughout the years and it really shows how much NISA sucks (even brings up how Atelier is succeeding where Falcom is failing).

Oh boi

Poor guy, he will be hunted out of the community soon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

-tweet-

Lmao

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

even brings up how Atelier is succeeding where Falcom is failing

Gust was smart

Falcom are idiots

16 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Gust was smart

It is worth noting that Gust was actually bought by Koei Tecmo instead of partnering with them. 

However, Gust does not have a boomer-ass "wait one year until after JP to begin localizing", which still puts it over Falcom.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is worth noting that Gust was actually bought by Koei Tecmo instead of partnering with them. 

However, Gust does not have a boomer-ass "wait one year until after JP to begin localizing", which still puts it over Falcom.

That, and they kept closing the gap with every game until we get same day loc and their sales kept increasing

even if the legendary tighs helped alot, they've been closing the distance before that

...looking at the list CS5 is at more than 3 years now? Lmao, has it really been that long? Bruh

Now, i don't expect same day for Falcom games, but more than a year is damn unacceptable. Even worse are the fans who are slaves to the series and are just bootlicking Nisa atm for their precious series. Toxic positivity at it's finest.

Fun to watch from outside tho, ngl.

Yes, i know my words will bite me in the ass when it comes to Ys 10, but even there i am slowly letting go i feel.

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων