Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it strange i dont prefer the Kuro design? 

With Kuro i don't like her hat, but i like everything much more than CS3-5.

I think her CS2 design is my fav. tho.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

What happened with Persona 5 was the way the calendar system was implemented turned the game into a slog I had not seen since FE4. The way it was all paced just made everything feel like a chore, even stuff that I would normally like doing in other games. 

Ngl just imaging a Calendar system on top of TMS makes me shudder.

Calendars in games need to die xD

Then again when i try a Persona i can never go past the prologue due to...everything honestly. It's the anti-Shrimp type of game.

- Bland School setting [x]

- Bonding shit [x]

- Calendar [x]

- Black hole self insert [x]

- so so Turn based gameplay [x]

- Concepts as enemies [x]

It just has everything i dislike/hate in the genre hah.

Also hate how non-anime peple make an exception for it on everything while calling everything else "weeb trash", despite Persona being one of the most weeb series out there.

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd say this is more of an artstyle product. Kuro artist is the same as Crossbell's.

I thought that was supposed to be a sign of her maturing. She is 20 in that game, yeah? Games like to show maturity with thinner/narrower eyes after all!

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

With Kuro i don't like her hat, but i like everything much more than CS3-5.

I think her CS2 design is my fav. tho.

Yeah I'm not a fan of her hat either, since she has long hair it looks kinda out of place.

Why her 2 design though?

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

"Jacket" + shorts > Belto-mania

That's totally fair! 

I personally dont feel it suits Fie as a character but we all have our preferences!

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Calendars in games need to die xD

Unless it's like a farm sim I agree.

Atelier did calendars right (in some games) but even then, the series became better when it dropped that for good.

Black hole self insert [x]

Not just that but one who's silent. Like if he's gonna be a black hole, at least make him a character.

Bland School setting

Persona 6 should be set in college, it'd be like infinitely more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like if he's gonna be a black hole, at least make him a character.

Eh

Atleast with silent MCs i can imagine a good character for them, and i don't have to listen to a character i hate talk while wanting to throw away my controller every time they open their mouth

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Persona 6 should be set in college, it'd be like infinitely more interesting.

And make it a college then and not school but everyone is 2 years older

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm still trying to figure out who the fuck this anime is for.

Cold steel simps are the biggest partvof Falcom's fanbase

20220921_080043.jpg

I kid you not, his name is Martin S Robinson. Martin S Robinson lmaooooo this is like the whitest name in the series.

I apologize to any real people named Martin S Robinson.

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Atleast with silent MCs i can imagine a good character for them, and i don't have to listen to a character i hate talk while wanting to throw away my controller every time they open their mouth

Understandable. However, I have played CrossCode, which has pretty much shifted my opinion on silent MCs as a whole. Aside from very few exceptions, I don't want 'em.

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

And make it a college then and not school but everyone is 2 years older

Mmhmm.

But realistically, college Persona would just be school 2.0.

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Cold steel simps are the biggest partvof Falcom's fanbase

Yeah but like.....Cold Steel ended. And these are OCs. And like we already know in extensive detail what happens here. 

GODZILLA CONTENT IN 2022 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reiwa-era's weird, we got one live-action movie and then three anime movies and then an anime TV series and now this is the second short film.

- Bland School setting [x]

- Bonding shit [x]

- Calendar [x]

- Black hole self insert [x]

- so so Turn based gameplay [x]

- Concepts as enemies [x]

Persona 2 mostly avoids these problems. You do start at a school for both halves, but it's only for two dungeons in Sin and one dungeon in Punishment. No bonding, no calendar. Tatsuya is emphasized as cool in Sin, but I wouldn't say he is hogging the limelight, and in Punishment he actually talks because he is no longer the player character. Instead of Shadows, you're pretty much fighting plain old demons in 2.

It's the one thing I didn't cross off b/c the game's age that keeps me from making any kind of recommendation, with way too frequent random encounters which would turn you off anyhow.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Persona 6 should be set in college

Assuming it even comes out.😛

I saw some people complaining that it been six years since vanilla Persona 5 released and Atlus still hasn't said anything of Persona 6. They're getting a little frustrated with Atlus now saying the upcoming concert won't contain any game announcements. Like I get they're porting P3 and P5 this year, but not announce P6 when it'll probably be years before it actually releases? -Unless they're changing their approach for once and narrowing the announcement-release gap.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but like.....Cold Steel ended. And these are OCs. And like we already know in extensive detail what happens here. 

I dont understand what people mean when they say this: CS chars -along with alot of games- are by all definitions an OC. 

Now if you mean a self insert, thats different, but I dont truly get the term OC when its a brand new setting like that. 

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But realistically, college Persona would just be school 2.0.

So nothing changes so why should they do it? Especially when the school thing is big in nipponland

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cold Steel ended

And their sales plummeted right after

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Instead of Shadows, you're pretty much fighting plain old demons in 2.

Sounds more like SMT ngl

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

saw some people complaining that it been six years since vanilla Persona 5 released and Atlus still hasn't said anything of Persona 6.

I wouldn't worry, Persona 5 made Atlus a shit ton of money, no way they won't make more after that.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless they're changing their approach for once and narrowing the announcement-release gap

Most likely. Persona 5 came out at the time where the West was still behind by a significant amount of time.

...just realized you meant for JP releases and not localizations but MegaTen games after P5 got ww releases, correct me if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

dont understand what people mean when they say this: CS chars -along with alot of games- are by all definitions an OC. 

Ok my point was that these are brand new characters. Which is great but if the appeal is to appeal to CS fans, this isn't really it.

An anime in the Trails universe would conceptually be neat but making it based on a event very extensively covered by the games is just an anime adaptation of a game with a few extra steps.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

So nothing changes so why should they do it?

I mean, it would be neat if the treated college like college is what I'm saying.

Not just for Persona but like animanga in general.

Sounds more like SMT ngl

I mean, Persona began as a spin-off.

Fie means fairy- Sylphid is obv close to Sylph, which can also define a fairy as well. That is awesome!

Are Estelle, Joshua, Fie the only Trails chars with name meanings?

Estelle meaning "star" and her being like the sun means she is the brightest star! 

Astray means to be lost, which i mean... Sums that up well enough.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok my point was that these are brand new characters. Which is great but if the appeal is to appeal to CS fans, this isn't really it.

So what does that have to do with the term OC? Like OC in general is used as a negative term, is it not? I don't know why them creating more chars for a setting is a negative thing? The concept just baffles me. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, aren't they considered successful though? 

Cold steel are

Kuro sold half of CS5 iirc

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it would be neat if the treated college like college is what I'm saying.

Grand blue jrpg when

oolong-tea-grand-blue.gif

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

? I don't know why them creating more chars for a setting is a negative thing?

Because one upping existing character by some newbies is usually...done badly

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Grand blue jrpg when

They're already making one

ogp.png

Heh.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So what does that have to do with the term OC? Like OC in general is used as a negative term, is it not? I don't know why them creating more chars for a setting is a negative thing? The concept just baffles me. Xd

It's like the context.

I'm not saying you're wrong but it's also just like, a lot of things that go into this.

Cold steel are

Kuro sold half of CS5 iirc

Kuro isnt CS arc, isnt it in a new setting? Isnt that one Calvard?

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Because one upping existing character by some newbies is usually...done badly

I mean, the series after CS started has that sooooo much anyways, might as well go all in on gameplay with more chars! 

Also, do you mean for example Gaius' one liner in the latter games about the wind and then dissappearing for a whole chapter? Xd

Not much to one up there lmao

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's like the context.

I'm not saying you're wrong but it's also just like, a lot of things that go into this.

Hmm... I see.