Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

It's particular funny with Sacred Stones, considering we know for a fact that some heads weren't always screwed onto the same bodies. Like how L'Arachel's lost her head to someone else.

protoface.png

The one that's always stood out to me of these is Moulder. Everyone else is either basically the same with very minor differences, or just plain worse, like Forde and Kyle looking like the most forgettable duo of cavaliers ever, Neithys having all the loooks of the most generic dancer imaginable and Garcia making a meme face.

And then there's Moulder, whose old portrait... there are days when I honestly feel I like it better than the final one. The robe wrapped around his torso is more unique and his slightly tilted face somehow makes his right eye look more natural. Though his head's shape does look a bit off. Either way, I've even been tempted to give him the beta portrait in my hack. It's such a weird thing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

FE1 I stopped after the first chapter and FE11 I stopped after that same map in FE1, though I don't remember what the chapter was.

So you didn't get the devil axe there, alright.

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I find the Pegasus trio really confusing in general. They all have the exact same posture and expression, which they also share with Sasha and Lina. But as far as I can see, nothing about them is copy & pasted. They were all individually drawn that way from the ground up.

They may share the same mouth, nose and chin shape, but they're not in the same place for any of them.

I doubt it was easier to edit those to keep them than just draw them at the time.

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don’t you guys find it a bit odd that FE Engage was only officially announced about four months from when it gets released?

From the FE games I'd have been around for the ads of, 3H was a messy announcement which got pushed back 1 year from their intended date, FatesWakening were always going to be impacted by being staggered international releases never minding their own development cycles (same with TMS which had major changes in tone on top of who knows what else), Warriors was a spinoff that was first announced as part of the Switch's early lineup before the FE Direct and came out within the year and SoV and Engage were released within four months of announcement, same with 3 Copes, seems to me like they're tightening prerelease windows with the newer games in particular.

The part that's strange to me has been the fact that 3 Copes looks to be not getting DLC now, though that could have been based on how sales were for AoC's expansion pass.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

While I’m not really holding out any hope, it would be interesting if Engage actually turned out to be one of the darker FE games in the series. Hey a poor boozed up old man can dream, can’t he?

I'd be shocked if they did so, not the vibe I've been getting.

But hey, this is the first trailer. Who knows right?

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But hey, this is the first trailer. Who knows right?

If it isn’t The Black Company/Thieves’ World/The Sacred Band of Stepsons/Kane Series in the form of FE then I’ll be very drunk and upset!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

THAT'S DUNCAN OVER THERE!

I can't wait to see the adventures of Larry, Eileen, Rodney, and Taylor in Courseball.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

I hope this implies you have Xenoblade X.

What's that? Did they give Consul X her own game or something?

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t think Laura could get any hotter, but this design might be even better.

At this rate, you might try to marry Laura in real life whenever she shows up again. Don't worry, there is a precedent for this.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah they simply thought the nukes would kill him.

Lol. Lmao.

Tbf Shin Godzilla was the first grounded solo Godzilla film since uhhhhhh literally 1954 so I can understand why they didn't come up with any crazy ways to take out the Big G.

Shin Godzilla was mutated by feeding on nuclear waste rather than the fallout of a nuclear weapon, so they had some reason to think the force of such a weapon might kill him. Godzilla being empowered by radiation wasn't fully established until the Heisei movies I think.

MonsterVerse Godzilla gets stronger from being nuked in the face because he's built different.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Absolutely_disgusting.png

Fie's CS2 outfit is a psychological tactic. She taunts her enemies with what they could be hitting if she didn't have a 100% evasion rate.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Trails ain't a sandbox franchise like Star Wars.

But all the major Star Wars spinoffs nowadays are either before or after the OT. Trails already has more variety than that.

Asking the hard questions.

Relatable quote:

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But all the major Star Wars spinoffs nowadays are either before or after the OT. Trails already has more variety than that.

I mean, unless it's during the OT any series has to be set before or after.

I mean, the real issue is that they're all tied to the clone wars or the Rebel Alliance at least by characters involved with them, even Mando having Boba Fett counts.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Asking the hard questions.

It's funny looking at this video only a few days after my brother questioned the same thing while playing Fire Emblem for the first time. I didn't even think about it before then.

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I mean, unless it's during the OT any series has to be set before or after.

I mean, the real issue is that they're all tied to the clone wars or the Rebel Alliance at least by characters involved with them, even Mando having Boba Fett counts.

I could've worded that better, what I meant is basically what you said in that mostly everything nowadays is tied to the OT or is a "rebels vs. empire" story. You don't see much set before the prequels or during/after the sequel trilogy, for example.

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Ah yes, to drink or not to drink? Such a morally complex dilemma.

Don't drink it if it's a salve, that's not what you do with it.

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I could've worded that better, what I meant is basically what you said in that mostly everything nowadays is tied to the OT or is a "rebels vs. empire" story. You don't see much set before the prequels or during/after the sequel trilogy, for example.

Don't disagree, just that phrase came to mind.

The upcoming Tales of the Jedi series is disappointing because it's all about Clone Wars dudes and Ahsoka, not because it's origin tales about jedi. At that stage Visions would seem like a fine vehicle for it but I get not doing that for a show entirely animated in TCW style. And I doubt we'll get much post Sequel stuff in case they decided to do another..... Oh jeez I just remembered tRoS again, are there any defenders for that movie?

55 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You don't see much set before the prequels or during/after the sequel trilogy, for example.

Closest we got is that Lego Star Wars Holiday Adventure and The Ninth Jedi, both of which are post-TROS stories but non-canon.

38 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The upcoming Tales of the Jedi series is disappointing because it's all about Clone Wars dudes and Ahsoka, not because it's origin tales about jedi.

We do at least get young Dooku.

I do not trust Musse at all.

Spoiler

Agate showed up again?

Hamel keeps getting name dropped?

Estelle and Joshua were just name dropped?

PLAYABLE AGATE?

LETS GOOOO

This game is good guys. The constant Sky references make me happy.

Edited by Sooks

aY5gvEV.png

--------

Hmm

Ellie feels like she will have a similar arc to that idol girl from P4. The one that had a kinda saucy dungeon iirc?

Anyway, some not so positive words...mostly about gameplay XD

• As i said yesterday, the dungeon length is really really getting to me...especially with gameplay i don't exactly vibe with. Don't misunderstand, the gameplay ain't bad...but it's a pretty standard jrpg with session/combos being it's main thing. Granted, very robust/strong standard turn based, but i don't exectly vibe with standard turn based...still, it being this robust makes it more fun that other jrpg with same-ish gameplay, so it's not that bad
  • Not being able to switch out Itsuki is super super duper ultra omega Stupid with capital S. With only 3 active members at a time, having one not being switchable and just eating effective attacks whenever enemies strong against him appear is a bruh momento.
  • Bosses getting a 2nd free attack...i don't like this. Especially since it's a direct thing. I don't mind a boss getting more than one attack per round, but 2 attacks at once instead of being split over a round...especially when the boss is effective against Itsuki, then you have a dead lord every turn
  • Ya know...the UI outside battle is shit. Important stuff on the map ain't marked for example. All monsters on the field/outside battle having the same model (aside from color to differentiate between normal/savage) is something that could've been done better. No run button is a bruh moment and movement outside dungeons is kinda...stupid? Especially in Shibuya
  • Do characters get some other Emblemsonas or are each stuck with only one Emblemsona?
  • Also feels like Tsubasa should've been MC as it seems the story revovles around her journey as an Idol.

And no, Wraith, that doesn't mean i hate the game like you do....

yet

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Bosses getting a 2nd free attack

I complained about this on Discord and got told to git gud.

But I agree, these double actions are not good. Just in general.

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Do characters get some other Emblemsonas or are each stuck with only one Emblemsona?

They have the one but it's Fire Emblem so class upgrades are a thing. Branching.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I complained about this on Discord and got told to git gud.

They can tell me that if i keep losing 😛 

I won ch2 boss first try, but i find the whole concept of free attacks without any drawbacks like that stupid.

Especially since the game -atleast so far- has no turn manipulation of any kind.

But I agree, these double actions are not good. Just in general.

Double actions could work if bosses don't one shot you or you have some way to manipulate turns. Or if they are split in the round

In fact, i could argue that splitting the boss attacks in one round could make it more dangerous with smart boss design, without it feeling like complete bs

They have the one but it's Fire Emblem so class upgrades are a thing. Branching.

naruhodo.gif

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

7 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Especially since the game -atleast so far- has no turn manipulation of any kind.

iirc there's like a break mechanic? But that's about it.

This is why buffs/debuffs are so important. Doesn't make double attacks less cringe but you can at least mitigate it.

8 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

naruhodo.gif

I don't remember exactly if there's a level requirement (probably) but Master Seals are needed. And you can always go back to the other branch later (but that requires a Master Seal too).

Just one page? Guess it was a slow day, huh.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope. You see, what I did was, I grabbed a stock photo of an arctic wolf, I went "zwoop" on paint.net and shrunk it down to a GBA-friendly size. Then I threw it on this program called Usenti, which allows you to lower the color count in an image. And then I spent an hour tinkering with it to make it look not garbage.

It still looks WAY too realistically detailed for anime GBAFE, of course, but... good enough? I mean, it IS supposed to look rather off-putting, being a monster and all... I'm not an artist, I can't draw an anime wolf, so it'll have to do.

How convenient. Usenti, huh. Sounds familiar... if it was something from back around 2011 then I guess it is, haha.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's particular funny with Sacred Stones, considering we know for a fact that some heads weren't always screwed onto the same bodies. Like how L'Arachel's lost her head to someone else.

protoface.png

It's always fascinating to see the development history of a game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt