Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh man.

Oh God 

Oh yeah, getting up today was a bitch.

My blanket fortress...

I can tell you woke up early, you don't usually come on here at this time.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It'll be worth it when you have a baby blue-colored summoner.

You can't summon baddies onto the map either, right?

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can tell you woke up early, you don't usually come on here at this time.

Actually, I'm always at work at this hour. I just don't always have time to post before things get busy haha.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You can't summon baddies onto the map either, right?

Not baddies, no. For more baddies, you go to the tower.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, BrightBow said:

Admittedly Ismaire being drawn in complete profile looks a little weird.

So in my short little journey of looking at spoilers for Sacred Stones you guys were talking about, I found and remembered this take which now makes me realize something.

Many ancient Egyptian paintings were drawn in complete profile as there was a belief that in art a person must have their full body be shown.

Another odd connection between Jehanna and Egypt comes forth!

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I'm always at work at this hour. I just don't always have time to post before things get busy haha.

Oh, heh.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not baddies, no. For more baddies, you go to the tower.

I only did the tower once in Eirika's route. I might do it a few more times here for grinding purposes.

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

The fact that the intro has the first note of Warmth is gone just kills me.

I'd actually play this though. That'd be so stupid but so much fun.

Looks like the Framme preview just came out. With that, the initial roster is showcased.

I must say, I appreciate how unique the (apparent) starter team of Engage is. A mage, a healer with martial arts and... okay, Vander is a bit more traditional, but then again, the last traditional Jeigan we had was Fred 10 years ago, and the only one who mained axes was Titania all the way back in PoR. And he's Vander, so he's cool no matter what.

...Honestly though, healer with martial arts. I may have to rethink my stance. That's so frigging cool, it could perhaps compensate for her likely being another Elise/Lissa type. Just perhaps.

All in all, good stuff. Though the one I'm looking forward to learn about the most is still the ultra possessed gray-skinned dude(?) that can be seen in a menu in one of the leaked screenshots. Here's hoping that wasn't just there to fill the menu during testing or anything like that. They looked like the sort of wildly unorthodox character mainline FE sorely needs.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So in my short little journey of looking at spoilers for Sacred Stones you guys were talking about, I found and remembered this take which now makes me realize something.

Many ancient Egyptian paintings were drawn in complete profile as there was a belief that in art a person must have their full body be shown.

Another odd connection between Jehanna and Egypt comes forth!

Yet another Ismaire design W. Top 5 SS designs.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I'd seriously rank the designs in this game. It has some of my favorite character design in the series. They are varied, elaborate without feeling bloated and just generally pretty. Maybe I'll have to ponder on an actual ranking of them when I get home. I mean we all know who the obvious winner is, but...

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I only did the tower once in Eirika's route. I might do it a few more times here for grinding purposes.

The tower's a bit boring, but it serves its purpose of making Ewan be trainable.

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

She's my fav. already

I cannot blame you. She's piqued even my interest, and I'm the guy whose favorite Birthright scene is the brutal murder of Elise. I imagine someone who actually enjoys that kind of character would be having a ball with this one.

Really cannot wait to see the possessed dude. That one could be some serious stuff.

Interesting tho that that attack wasn't brave

And Gauntlets have advantage over bows, interesting

Martial arts may work differently from Houses gauntlets.

Also she has a chain guard command? What's up with that?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Martial arts may work differently from Houses gauntlets.

I think it's the weapon she has equipped.

It says in the disc. "Can't do consecutive attacks"

It's some kinda training weapon?

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think this is a fun idea that makes bows less... traditionally simple?

Hopefully Bows are really strong tho

Starting to feel that end of summer here too.

It's going to be miserable some time soon and I'll miss even this weather.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just been made aware this is a thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Mex

... I don't know what to react to that, admittedly, hahaha.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Weirder than learning that Tito's pet cockatoo is still alive at 62 years of age (which is still parroting Croatian obscenities and sweet-nothings its long-dead dictator owner once said). Also, more interesting, cultural exchanges are always nice to hear about, even if the root cause was state-imposed bans on the geopolitical-cultural juggernauts. Sometimes, you just have to try having fun with what you've got access to.

As a random factoid you may already be aware of, the Caesar salad was invented in Tijuana. Though the geography of its birth is mostly b/c Prohibition was in force + gambling was legal on the other side of the border. It otherwise probably would've been born in SoCal.

Well, that's not something I knew about.

Yugoslavia is one country I know very little about that I probably should fix, due to it's formation being a mess waiting to happen, it's place in WWII and the Cold War period and of course the problems that would come from being a multi-ethnic state, I'm curious to see how avertable the collapse that happened (mainly the actual wars that came from that) might have been in hindsight come to think of it.

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Recently it popped into my had the idea of if Smash brothers was a Fire Emblem game and what that would look like.

Half the characters I can't even think of what class they would be.

Like Falcon being a Grappler, Shulk being a Swordmaster and Kirby is Xane?

Yeah, some just complicate things and don't fit in neat boxes. Like the Belmonts. Or Snake. Or Dedede.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have decided to continue playing every Zelda game that aren't the two DS titles.

Cowardice!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hey, it beat the karts.

(Related question, why Wii over 7? asking as someone who's only played 7)

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, one that's turning into a favorite to write is an Awakening idea that basically boils down to: "What happened to Emmeryn between Chapter 9 and Paralogue 20". I'm not going to deny that I find some ease with it since it relies mostly on OC's with Emmeryn as just about the only canon character present, at least for the majority of the planned story. Though then I wonder just how much it could qualify as an Awakening fanfiction if actual canon elements are minimal to begin with. Well, I'll still write it out as I want to write it.

I'm curious if you're going to write it with the place being affected by Plegia in some form considering it's proximity.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I appreciate how unique the (apparent) starter team of Engage is. A mage, a healer with martial arts and... okay, Vander is a bit more traditional, but then again, the last traditional Jeigan we had was Fred 10 years ago, and the only one who mained axes was Titania all the way back in PoR. And he's Vander, so he's cool no matter what.

And of course swordie Alear, but ho hum that's hard series standard.

Looking at the combat footage, she breaks the archer. Is it going to be Bow > Mage > Brawl > Bow for a second triangle? Don't know, feel like they would have used colour coding for that too. It also reverses the pseudo triangle from 3H (And actual triangle in 3C).

Side note, people are noting the weight in these animations. I wonder if Kelik could handle it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All in all, good stuff. Though the one I'm looking forward to learn about the most is still the ultra possessed gray-skinned dude(?) that can be seen in a menu in one of the leaked screenshots. Here's hoping that wasn't just there to fill the menu during testing or anything like that. They looked like the sort of wildly unique character mainline FE sorely needs.

I do not recall that one.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And of course swordie Alear, but ho hum that's hard series standard.

They have pepsi hair.

Side note, people are noting the weight in these animations. I wonder if Kelik could handle it.

What about the devisian knights? Can they handle the weight of the soul of one who's already passed?

I do not recall that one.

Third one from the bottom. See them there?

Shinon is one of the few Archers in the series that are fun to use tho xD

But like, is it fun having a broken unit handed to you though? He requires 0 investment to get there and dominates... well, pretty much everything honestly.

Archers really need to be offensively kinda overpowered. No enemy phase is a massive detriment that more than justifies having more busted player phase combat abilities. Sure he's powerful, but Shinon is still going to kill a single unit per turn. Big stats makes them a situational nuke, unlike other classes who just become game cleaners.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, lightcosmo said:

But like, is it fun having a broken unit handed to you though? He requires 0 investment to get there and dominates... well, pretty much everything honestly.

Thing is, he is a good Archer

Which is not only super rare pre-Fates, but he can't solo EP due to lack of 1 rng counters

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Archers really need to be offensively kinda overpowered. No enemy phase is a massive detriment that more than justifies having more busted player phase combat abilities. Sure he's powerful, but Shinon is still going to kill a single unit per turn.

Yeah, but he can also function as a psuedo tank with those defensive stats. 20/14 is amazing for a starter unit that isn't a knight, and either way he's right behind Gatrie DEF wise.

Thing is, he is a good Archer

Which is not only super rare pre-Fates, but he can't solo EP due to lack of 1 rng counters

Well, as i said Xbows can counter albeit not perfectly reliable, but hey, EXP is EXP isn't it?

If i recall, RD puts quite a few enemy mages/archers in for him to fight as well (not to mention the javelin/hand axe spam for enemies)