Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Still totally broken as of recent versions of Proton by the looks of it, RIP me.

That a phone model? Sounds like a shame.

There's always something like Bluestacks instead...?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Oh jeez we're going there.

Please no, there's some rumours already

We all know...

Spoiler

...he adopted/surrogated with Brock.😝

---

This is triggering a memory I would not think would have resurfaced. That being when I was a child, I would pseudo-envision myself (by no means a copy) in the Pokemon world as the "Chosen (no doubt introduced to the specialness of the word by the aforementioned Tales game) of Pokemon", who at some point in their variations (I got bored easily and never stuck to one version for long), also became Ash's little brother. The significantly later edition I most clearly remember is that Ho-Oh combined Ash's DNA with the powers of all Pokemon (summoning a council of legendaries for the creation occasion) for a living bridge between the two... well Pokemon are more than one species. The specific circumstances of the meeting and at what Ash's "Mewtwo" met his original varied. Sometimes he was an infant, other times a young boy wildling (no doubt influenced by the anime's Kangaskhan episode), I think there was young but civilized as well, and I did attempt a rival/adversarial young adult rendition about Ash's age who would challenge him for a while before coming to his side but it never went far. Though I believe living a secluded existence on a hidden island nurtured solely by Pokemon was the Chosen of Pokemon's usual upbringing, a Houndour I was fond to make his "brother", maybe a Kirlia for the "sister", Chancey as a "mother", I forget if there was a "father", though technically the entire island inhabitants' duty was to nurture it and its Poke powers (which could involve partial or complete shapeshifting into Pokemon form for use of every Type and Move) before their eventual and by destiny inevitable departure into the human world.

Since I retained some fondness for this fiction as late Black & White, which was late into high school, I have a version of this Chosen of Pokemon entirely divorced from Ash and instead showing up in a version of B&W's events (but not B2&W2, I never played that). Wherein during the final battle, having had all their Pokemon faint against Ghetsis (played out as a scripted Pokemon battle in my head ala FE and stuff like Zephiel OHKOing Cecilia), dropped the guise of a trainer and used their clearly inhuman Pokemon powers (still in scripted battle format, stuff like Recover, maybe Fire Blast, preceded by maybe Psychic type and a Fighting type moves, things humans semi-feasibly in the Pokemon world perform)  in front of N to continue the battle against Ghetsis (although they were still exhausted themselves and it was either the B&W Player Trainer or N who defeated Ghetsis, I forget how things went), asking N at some point during this where he belonged if Pokemon and humans should be separated. After the battle, the Chosen proceeded to let himself fall through a hole in the wall and flew away, leaving N unable to talk with him despite obvious curiosity after what he saw. I can't remember if I ever continued it past that.

The silly mind of a young Aspie who looked within rather than without!😅 Who, also when young, would often step outside into their front yard or backyard and engage in what they labeled "Private/PT Time", which was but pacing around, lost in the thoughts of imagination of what video games and cartoons they watched.

The above might sound embarrassing to admit, but there was nothing wrong with that. If I feel any real embarrassment over admitting it, it's a sign I'm not truly humble yet and need to work on that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Fixed a spot of faulty memory.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

wut

JP dub's been murdered by copyright so I can't find good clips (any clips I do find keep skipping over stuff) of it but the Ash-Greninja vs Mega fight used this in JP

The English dub, which was readily available off of Pokemon's own channel is....we'll see for yourself

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, i didn't realise they used different music for different Regions! XD

Pokemon is like the one anime that, albeit in spirit, remains 4Kids'ified. JP is optimal past the initial Kanto/Johto seasons.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

guess? But it's like same energy as saying that in living in a post Elizabeth II world... and before that hearing all about living in a post Pope John Paul II world... and so on...

What I mean is, when you hear enough "we are in a post X world", the phrase kinda starts loosing its oophm.

Yeah but those are like real people, they have to die eventually. Whereas fiction can keep going for ever and ever if the right conditions are met.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Reveal hidden contents

74jmv0.jpg

Bold of them not to use Misty as one of the three, though.

Also, smh, why is Brock not there but Paul is!? Some logic I'm missing because I can see why Meowth is in.

Spoiler

Haha well. There is speculation that the new girl may be Ash's daughter. Now watch as that happens but they never confirm the mother.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The above might sound embarrassing to admit, but there was nothing wrong with that. If I feel any real embarrassment over admitting it, it's a sign I'm not truly humble yet and need to work on that.

But I think it's nice to look back on. We all liked to create nice little fanfic fantasies in our heads. Hell, we might still do. I know I do because, just like drawing, it looks better in my head rather than putting it on paper haha.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but those are like real people, they have to die eventually. Whereas fiction can keep going for ever and ever if the right conditions are met.

Perhaps, but the same could be said for the people that work behind the fiction. The decision only needs to be agreed upon once, after all.

Hide contents

Haha well. There is speculation that the new girl may be Ash's daughter. Now watch as that happens but they never confirm the mother.

Spoiler

Now see, before XY I would've agreed. Now after XY... I still agree but only like 85% sure of it.

It's my hill to die on. But still, can't ignore Serena has way too much of a lead in the race there.

But I think it's nice to look back on. We all liked to create nice little fanfic fantasies in our heads. Hell, we might still do. I know I do because, just like drawing, it looks better in my head rather than putting it on paper haha.

I'd say gotta agree there, heh.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

'll see for yours

Y tho

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

It's my hill to die on. But still, can't ignore Serena has way too much of a lead in the race there.

Spoiler

Watch it be Misty for Nostalgiabait

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Hide contents

Watch it be Misty for Nostalgiabait

Spoiler

As much of a troll move it'd be... nah, I just don't see it anymore.

Barely anyone from back then is still around directing the anime. Most of the Misty stuff was dub only to begin with to boot. And the current directors favor Serena anyway, plus the fan reception in Japan at least too.

But yeah, who knows... hence if true the next lead is Ash's child, that for me it's 85% sure it will be left ambiguous, 10% they outright say it's Serena, and 5% it will be someone else.

Ok something's going on here because my Twitter posts specifically are not embedding. Or maybe it's a desktop issue.

Anyways 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Armagon1000/status/1603791327359307776

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Now see, before XY I would've agreed. Now after XY... I still agree but only like 85% sure of it.

Spoiler

Journeys did confirm it was indeed a kiss after all.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Y tho

Idk. But at that point, it pretty much expelled all doubt that JP was superior in this regard.

JP also just gets the cooler OPs (except for Kanto and Johto where English clears).

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

And the current directors favor Serena anyway

Spoiler

Good

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Journeys did confirm it was indeed a kiss after all.

Spoiler

Huh

I mesn it was obvious, didn't know it was confirmed xD

Or maybe it's a desktop issue.

Mobile.twitter doesn't embed on Desktop i noticed

8 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Mobile.twitter doesn't embed on Desktop i noticed

So mobile Twitter embeds on mobile Serenes but desktop Twitter doesn't embed on desktop Serenes. Ok.

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I mesn it was obvious, didn't know it was confirmed xD

It's cause they never showed it before.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Anyway going to go get Sparks of Hope

Kino.

Anyway, watch Gundam 00.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

...ah.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Fun fact, Butterfree has been with his GF for 1,200 episodes.

That's a long ass time but somehow not with this series.

I remember that I cried my eyes out the first time I watched this episode

I don't know what to feel now

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

..and XY but the guy with the Charizard used Action Replay.

The guy with a Darkrai in D/P used cheats. Ash should've won after all the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Infernape >>>>>>>>>> Asspull frog

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And when I think about, I still find myself self-inserting along similar lines!🤣

Sure I often give my not-me special powers and circumstances, but I frequently make them younger than the character they're connected to, more boyish, not intending to outshine that other character (though still important obviously b/c itself self-interested fanficting). To use a comics-with-which-I-have-extremely-little-familiarity-comparison, more a self-inserted New Robin than a New Batman -either of whom exists alongside the existing Batman. This seems true of when I was young and wholly innocent, and remains true as an adult of nearly 30 who not infrequently adds a 🍆🍆 aspect.

If I'm this consistent with a sorta idealized otherworldly self of mine, then were I to speak Japanese -assuming my understanding of the language is correct- I would definitely use "boku" as my pronoun. I totally don't have the manly macho masculinity of "ore". I don't think you'd guess that of me if you saw me IRL.😆

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

Anyway, watch Gundam 00.

Sorry, I don't watch anime, not for the foreseeable future.

If 00 were to show up in a fan-translated SRW (*checks list* nope! only the mobile games, both parts of Z2, and Operation Extend), or were I to go beyond SRW and play one of the legion Gundam games that exist and 00 was in it, sure, I'd probably enjoy its suits and any residual story present.😃

You know one thing I wish IntSys would copy from Monolith's book?

Release the game early.

Give it to me now. Please. I need Yoga Emblem in my life.

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Anyway going to go get Sparks of Hope

Doubt will start it today tho. Maybe tomorrow....maybe during xmas vac

Hope you enjoy it and destroy plenty of foes with Loogi.

18 minutes ago, Green06 said:
Anyway, watch Gundam 00.
9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If 00 were to show up in a fan-translated SRW (*checks list* nope! only the mobile games, both parts of Z2, and Operation Extend), or were I to go beyond SRW and play one of the legion Gundam games that exist and 00 was in it, sure, I'd probably enjoy its suits and any residual story present.😃

Super Robot Taisen V(ENG): 00 Qan(T) All attacks - YouTube

The guy with a Darkrai in D/P used cheats. Ash should've won after all the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Infernape >>>>>>>>>> Asspull frog

At least there it was a testament of Ash's strength and that of his Pokémon. That it would take a team of legendaries to take them down... and they still beat the "invincible" Darkrai plus the Latios, while the other finalist got swept 6-0 like everybody else. So Ash may have placed best of 4, but he was definitely the runner-up of the tournament.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Super Robot Taisen V(ENG): 00 Qan(T) All attacks - YouTube

Didn't realize there was a movie, and I didn't scroll far enough down Akurasu's master series list.😅

I'll have to add V (and the other two) to my games eventually then.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't realize there was a movie, and I didn't scroll far enough down Akurasu's master series list.😅

I'll have to add V (and the other two) to my games eventually then.

Yep, Awakening of the Trailblazer, and like the one time Gundam actually had aliens.

That a phone model? Sounds like a shame.

There's always something like Bluestacks instead...?

Proton's used by Steam to allow Windows titles to run on Linux distros. Usually takes some messing with, but there's no sign of progress on that with Another Eden.

I'd have to see how Bluestacks is separately.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We all know...

Reveal hidden contents

...he adopted/surrogated with Brock.😝

---

This is triggering a memory I would not think would have resurfaced. That being when I was a child, I would pseudo-envision myself (by no means a copy) in the Pokemon world as the "Chosen (no doubt introduced to the specialness of the word by the aforementioned Tales game) of Pokemon", who at some point in their variations (I got bored easily and never stuck to one version for long), also became Ash's little brother. The significantly later edition I most clearly remember is that Ho-Oh combined Ash's DNA with the powers of all Pokemon (summoning a council of legendaries for the creation occasion) for a living bridge between the two... well Pokemon are more than one species. The specific circumstances of the meeting and at what Ash's "Mewtwo" met his original varied. Sometimes he was an infant, other times a young boy wildling (no doubt influenced by the anime's Kangaskhan episode), I think there was young but civilized as well, and I did attempt a rival/adversarial young adult rendition about Ash's age who would challenge him for a while before coming to his side but it never went far. Though I believe living a secluded existence on a hidden island nurtured solely by Pokemon was the Chosen of Pokemon's usual upbringing, a Houndour I was fond to make his "brother", maybe a Kirlia for the "sister", Chancey as a "mother", I forget if there was a "father", though technically the entire island inhabitants' duty was to nurture it and its Poke powers (which could involve partial or complete shapeshifting into Pokemon form for use of every Type and Move) before their eventual and by destiny inevitable departure into the human world.

Since I retained some fondness for this fiction as late Black & White, which was late into high school, I have a version of this Chosen of Pokemon entirely divorced from Ash and instead showing up in a version of B&W's events (but not B2&W2, I never played that). Wherein during the final battle, having had all their Pokemon faint against Ghetsis (played out as a scripted Pokemon battle in my head ala FE and stuff like Zephiel OHKOing Cecilia), dropped the guise of a trainer and used their clearly inhuman Pokemon powers (still in scripted battle format, stuff like Recover, maybe Fire Blast, preceded by maybe Psychic type and a Fighting type moves, things humans semi-feasibly in the Pokemon world perform)  in front of N to continue the battle against Ghetsis (although they were still exhausted themselves and it was either the B&W Player Trainer or N who defeated Ghetsis, I forget how things went), asking N at some point during this where he belonged if Pokemon and humans should be separated. After the battle, the Chosen proceeded to let himself fall through a hole in the wall and flew away, leaving N unable to talk with him despite obvious curiosity after what he saw. I can't remember if I ever continued it past that.

The silly mind of a young Aspie who looked within rather than without!😅 Who, also when young, would often step outside into their front yard or backyard and engage in what they labeled "Private/PT Time", which was but pacing around, lost in the thoughts of imagination of what video games and cartoons they watched.

Spoiler

Brock is doing too much raising of pokemon and siblings to raise a human kid with Ash Ketchum.

I can relate a little. I didn't go for that angle myself, but I definitely get the wandering around and visualising whole storylines in your head.

(Play B2W2, figure out how the Chosen'd fit in that narrative)

2 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I remember that I cried my eyes out the first time I watched this episode

I don't know what to feel now

At least they met again.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Proton's used by Steam to allow Windows titles to run on Linux distros. Usually takes some messing with, but there's no sign of progress on that with Another Eden.

I'd have to see how Bluestacks is separately.

Oh, Linux.

Then try with your actual phone first then? But yeah, Bluestacks can also be an option.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It has pretty boys

HAxeqn8.jpg

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The 00 Qan (t) also appears in SRW UX, which I installed on my 3DS already. Too bad only the menus are translated.

I'll go back to SRW J after I complete my current platinum run, I promise

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, Awakening of the Trailblazer, and like the one time Gundam actually had aliens.

It's A Wakening, not Awakening

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Dainy a Linux enjoyer?! Which distro are you using?

50 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Dainy a Linux enjoyer?! Which distro are you using?

Pop!OS since this year.

Formerly was mostly Ubuntu since 12.04 or something (No, I did do upgrades. so it wasn't just 12.04). Functionally Pop!OS complicated some things in terms of applications but I haven't ran into much worse than that since the change barring that encryption ID issue that came up in August and that was something new for me anyways.