• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh so this is the point where you need to complete some obscure quests to unlock the "good" ending then!

Multiple endings? In an interconnected series?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I do!

Based as always.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well you can unlock regardless so it doesnt matter much.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I do!

Lets look at your track record Shrimpy. How often is a female design not your favorite? Xd

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Lets look at your track record Shrimpy. How often is a female design not your favorite? Xd

3F230mo.png

I don't talk about designs often tho, so i honestly don't think about it that much

Enjeji is special because people are making a scene about the designs lol

Also not fav =/= not caring XD

You'll find me hating of all Fates designs equally for example

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The PSP ver is better... Cause the controls single-handedly.

Imagine holding up on the controls stick for the PS4 ver and being made to move down instead!

This is a constant thing and its annoying af.

The controls being objectively better on PSP is a shock.

Because you'd think they wouldn't fuck up on a controller with more inputs!

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rather than "multiple endings" I think the ending gets expanded if you accomplish certain objectives... maybe, since I wouldn't know for sure. How else will you unlock the Vivi ending?

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You forgot bonding or something?

But that’s just pointless fanservice.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also before you say "there is a canon choice" there's none Ü

Has there ever been one? I mean there’s the pushed one, but eh…

34 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The controls being objectively better on PSP is a shock.

Because you'd think they wouldn't fuck up on a controller with more inputs!

Not slightly better, about 4x better imo.

The Remake controls are terrible, for example, you can swap modes when using the BS in CC now, but the inupt almost never responds properly.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Rather than "multiple endings" I think the ending gets expanded if you accomplish certain objectives... maybe, since I wouldn't know for sure. How else will you unlock the Vivi ending?

The ending changes depending on whether or not you complete the (5?) obscure quests and complete the game or complete the game twice and the second time say you want to do the good ending and... that's all.

I didn't exactly feel like starting my Xmas games nor continuing XS Ep. III today.

ULJS00143-00609.jpg

I did this instead.😆

My unintentionally long break from AP means I don't mind going into this. And I don't have to complete my second run either, I want to see the roads not taken, Space at the first split, one of the Electromagnetic battles, and ideally, if I play long enough, Little Bharm. Since I'm already familiar with most of the story, I can play this even when tired and not mind it. NG+ means I have 1.8 million funds inherited from the first run, and a slew of ace pilots for what that's worth. While A Protag, Trowa, Domon, the Dragonar-3, and probably Quattro (for more Hit & Evade) will remain constants, I'm pretty open to changing up the rest of my team.

Comparing the numbers... Vysaga seems perhaps a tad inferior to the Razangriff. Light Edge is only 100 stronger than the F-Solid Bazooka, though Linear Missile Launcher is 300 weaker than Seismic Slicer. They have the same Mobility and Armor despite Razangriff being a Real and not a Super -albeit a Real designed to look tanky. Vysaga does have After/Doubleimage and the Razan doesn't, not an unappreciated benefit in a game with dodge decay. And the size difference should make the Vysaga slightly more damaging too. Aesthetically, I like the Razangriff, Alteisen's brother from another mother who inherited long-range bombardment genes and none of the balance issues. Playing OGs2, I got the Raven upgrade, so I didn't use it in its grounded form. I'm just a tad saddened by the fact that the Gundam Heavyarms Kai will essentially be a Razangriff 2.5 offensively, and I suppose an Aestivalis with the Heavy frame would be tankier too.

Lammy's personality seems colder and more evil than in the OGverse. Evil laughter? Never did that in OG. Her bluntness sounds like more than the merely result of a emotionless android too. Parallels- it was Bullet who got in trouble with Captain Lee over insubordination, it's the Dragonar Trio getting Brightslapped and Shiro getting grilled too. A Portable wins here. Another question on the Dragonar team- why does Dragonar 1 lose the Cavalier 0 armor with no explanation? What, Kaine couldn't get pounded by Meio and have that permanently destroy the armor to show the noob has far he has to go? Feels like it was there for "training wheels" during the first two missions -but the Super route gets no such equivalent unless Great Mazinger was supposed to fulfill that role.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

So TIL that Kung Fu Panda popped the fuck off in China to the point that it had a lot of Chinese people wondering on how the hell America made a movie more authentically Chinese than actual China. Digging a bit deeper, it seems one of the factors at least is that the CCP controls 100% of the Chinese film industry so it's pretty subject to censorship (or at least that was the case when the movies came out, idk if things have changed much since then). I do remember that bit from the Film History class i took, there were a lot prominent Chinese filmmakers that were essentially "exiled" once Mao took over.

Things should be no different. The Chinese state has always been suspicious of anything and everything not under its direct control. If anything, I'd expect censorship to have grown a little with the rise of the current chairman, whose commitment to good old red ideology and concentration of power is greater than basically any leader since Mao. On video games, things have relented a little recently after very real fears that the domestic market was doomed to die under severe regulation -though nobody in China who likes video games should sleep easy. The possibility of another iconoclastic Cultural Revolution isn't unimaginable right now.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's what LP's exist for. Skip the gameplay, enjoy the story!

I don't think that is quite the same. -At least for me. You can read entire LPs in three days, finishing games that fast is much less likely for certain genres. Not playing the game itself removes you from it and overall, it feels "lighter" to me, you lose some gravitas, some immersion, you don't feel it you would had you played it. -But again, this is just me.

>Alear JP VA same as Rex

Gigachad incoming?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think that is quite the same. -At least for me. You can read entire LPs in three days, finishing games that fast is much less likely for certain genres. Not playing the game itself removes you from it and overall, it feels "lighter" to me, you lose some gravitas, some immersion, you don't feel it you would had you played it. -But again, this is just me.

I feel ya. Also watching stuff can be a big pain in the ass.

Reading is easier, but not every game is on lparchive, sadly

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Not slightly better, about 4x better imo.

I didn't specify the scale, but 4x does put a number on it.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

The Remake controls are terrible, for example, you can swap modes when using the BS in CC now, but the inupt almost never responds properly.

Well that's a waste of an option.

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wish it was just that

Hm…

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Anyway Sooks play TMS

Perhaps.

A long way down the line, perhaps.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RIP

😞

RIPPPP

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't exactly feel like starting my Xmas games nor continuing XS Ep. III today.

ULJS00143-00609.jpg

I did this instead.😆

You know, I had forgotten to ask you what would be your next SRW play... well, I got the answer anyway. XD

Another question on the Dragonar team- why does Dragonar 1 lose the Cavalier 0 armor with no explanation? What, Kaine couldn't get pounded by Meio and have that permanently destroy the armor to show the noob has far he has to go? Feels like it was there for "training wheels" during the first two missions -but the Super route gets no such equivalent unless Great Mazinger was supposed to fulfill that role.

I would assume it's what happened in the Dragonar anime too. But yeah, it does make it a kinda parallel to Great Mazinger in being something you get to use before that first route merge. Though unlike Great, you never get the Cavalier back.

Yeah, it was a joke. Games are meant to be interactable with, so just watching someone else play, while serviceable to a degree, is just not the same to playing the game yourself.

That said, as a fanfic writer, I do find it convenient when I only need to look up things for research/reminders, instead of having to play the game all over to reach those bits. So having an archive ready to look up to is handy in that way. Still, some things are still needed to play the games themselves to find out... *grumbles in Garreg Mach full layout*

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don't gamble with your soul Sooks. There are some abysses that are best left alone and unstarred at. 

But I already played Trails of Cold Steel.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Shut up old man

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

- Friedrich Nietzsche