• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I looked up the Korean Engage spoiler.

Omoshiroi. That's all I'll say.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

oh no

not again

I don't have enough popcorn for this

I need to go back in time and make TLOU tank so hard. Saw a Tweet about this but the fact that Western game devs want to initiate film and TV just reeks of an inferiority complex.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dunno you could be right or wrong, but that's just my opinion, male chars are almost never high up on my lists design wise cause they usually feel "plain" or "stale" to me.

Keep in mind personal preference is also a thing. Me, I have a preference for beards. A design with a good beard is, for me personally, elevated even if it is simpler in terms of attire - that's obviously not something I'll find in fictional girls. Usually. And, of course, just in general I personally prefer functional, subdued designs. Our standards differ greatly, and that is fine.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Last of Us and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Back when there was controversy going on with TLoU 2, I had it easy. I found both to be profoundly unremarkable!

"Cimematic experiences" need to die.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I still question the point of this anime.

You know how people are about play order, so it will still be considered mandatory viewing.

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

New Iceberg

I'm just glad Rixia was included.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

This made me go back and rewatch all of the Hotel Mario cutscenes to see if I remembered the line correctly

Nice of the princess to invite us over for a picnic, eh Luigi?

5 hours ago, Benice said:

This doesn't mean what I think it does, does it? I AM just a degenerate and there's nothing weird about what Mario's saying, right?

Wendy's pennies do, in fact, pinch back, so make of that what you will.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As if releasing info willy-nilly for momths wasn't enough, the people in charge of the Korean Engage website made a massive mistake and released a spoiler. They took it down swiftly, which naturally means that the spoiler is now everywhere.

No way... I can't believe they leaked Kelik from The Last Promise as an Emblem.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Last of Us and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

This supports my theory that the western video game industry is filled with television industry rejects. Just like how video game critics are just rejected movie critics, why else would they like The Last of Us so much?

I need to go back in time and make TLOU tank so hard. Saw a Tweet about this but the fact that Western game devs want to initiate film and TV just reeks of an inferiority complex.

Mainstream'ing gaming was a mistake

just like mainstream'ing internet

or mainstream'ing nerd hobbies

or mainstream'ing anything really

Mainstram'ing was a mistake

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Back when there was controversy going on with TLoU 2, I had it easy.

I love how the controversy never was about the game itself, but both who loved and hated it were going about character sexualities 😂

Atleast seemed to me that way as an outsider, so i am probably wrong lol.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm just glad Rixia was included

Just for you!

Next year's Iceberg Rixia will be the face of Trails part?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

F for those of us who fell to encounter the Korean Engage spoiler and warn the rest of teehee.

At least I think so, but neither of you seem all that bothered by it. Either way, it’s appreciated. But I’m staying far away.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There is a surprising amount of overlap with Shrimpy. By which I mean, there is ny overlap.

At least you’re both based Timerra enjoyers.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know how people are about play order, so it will still be considered mandatory viewing.

Kingdom Hearts moment.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

This supports my theory that the western video game industry is filled with television industry rejects

They're literally making a TLOU TV show too so this checks out.

The director of whatever talked about adapting "the best story in video games" which would be fine if he didn't have this to say about it

20221228_093538.jpg

You know this man only played like Space Invaders or some shit. It's like the same kind of energy that indie devs have when they make a "revolutionary RPG with no grinding" and you can tell they haven't played anything past the SNES era.

I honestly really hate this idea that stories can only be emotional if they're "grounded" or whatever.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

love how the controversy never was about the game itself, but both who loved and hated it were going about character sexualities 😂

The first controversy was when the game leaked and it turns out Joel dies. People were jacking off to every trailer but the moment they found out Joel dies, it did a massive 180 lmao.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

At least I think so, but neither of you seem all that bothered by it.

If anything I'm more intrigued by the plot now.

20221228_093538.jpg

A guy who only played one game in 1977 more like

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Realism in video games was a mistake.

facts

Also complaining about fiction as if it was real, or with real morality in view.

The first controversy was when the game leaked and it turns out Joel dies. People were jacking off to every trailer but the moment they found out Joel dies, it did a massive 180 lmao.

lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nice of the princess to invite us over for a picnic, eh Luigi?

I hope she made lotsa SPAGHETTI

No way... I can't believe they leaked Kelik from The Last Promise as an Emblem.

They did, indeed. He is the most broken of them, too. His Engage ability, Weight, brings forth the power of one whose soul has already passed.

This supports my theory that the western video game industry is filled with television industry rejects.

I mean, infamous David "Cagey Davey" Cage actually was a Hollywood reject that found success in turning his shitty movies into shitty """"""""games"""""""

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I looked up the Korean Engage spoiler.

Omoshiroi. That's all I'll say.

I don't understand, say it again in non-weeb.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I love how the controversy never was about the game itself, but both who loved and hated it were going about character sexualities 😂

People were REALLY angry that their badass manly man made a mistake and got killed by a woman who works out in the apocalypse. I guess they just wanted a rehash of the first game.

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At least you’re both based Timerra enjoyers.

lol I meant to write "any" but forgot the A. There really was a surprising amount of overlap. I would've thought there'd be less, considering our differing proclivities.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bocchi conquering the world

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As she should.

New trendy anime of the season, huh. Odd that it's yet to invade my recc feed, like the past trendy animes of each season.

Thinking about games to get during the winter sales. I know I want Rune Factory 5 (Steam version b/c it seemingly has less performance issues), but anything besides that... I was considering Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia because it rarely has gone on sale, yet the demo didn't entirely sell me on the game, yet the demo simply might've been too short? Maglam Lord has also been on my list, but I know it's a squarely 7/10 game and the price tag still seems $5 too high for its ideal sale price point IMO (and if I'm getting RF5, do I need another hubbypon-hubbypon simulator?). I generally dislike asking for stuff, and I've already gotten four games for Xmas, so I hesitate to ask for more than just RF5.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You mean Amuro's portrait in GC itself?

Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-10-14-31-AM.pn

YES.

I can get used to it tho'!😀

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps you're just used to his late 20's CCA self, heh. Since GC is one of the few to use the One Year War in its story and thus teenage Amuro... actually, it might be the only one. Since both Classicverse and Alpha 1 had facsimiles of the thing. Though early Classicverse still had Amuro as his teenage self. But by late Classicverse, and in Alpha 1, he's already Zeta Gundam era Amuro.

Despite all the instances of UC Gundam showing up, it has been only thrice that they used the entirety of the conflict of the story that began it all? -Well, I kinda get why they wouldn't do it frequently, I suppose it's easier to shove it into backstory than tell it and then jump into whatever from Z-ZZ-CC and other UC stuff they want to retell. Plus it lays some groundwork for prior conflicts the present day finds itself the continuation of.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The game is hella chaotic and I love it. I only just played the Novice level version of each cup and I already want Nintendo to make a new F-Zero.

Don't be surprised if you can't go much higher. F-Zero can get brutal from what little I've played of GX. I couldn't complete more than the first two story chapters (not much of a story, just "a day in the life of Captain Falcon" in the form a bunch of races of varying levels of uniqueness) on Normal difficulty.😆

Nonetheless, I do yearn to see the franchise resurrected. Though Hard and Master difficulties are well beyond my capacities, I would still like to see the franchise maintain its perfect technical performance and intense difficulty, while expanding on the underdeveloped large cast of zany characters for something of an expanded casual appeal. Nintendo needs to remember it has racers other than Mario Kart, whose monopoly on the company's racing ventures is stultifying.

don't understand, say it again in non-weeb.

Interesante.

New trendy anime of the season, huh. Odd that it's yet to invade my recc feed, like the past trendy animes of each season.

Probably because it's less "trendy". It's a passion project adapting a niche 4koma manga and it shows because holy moly, the animation is excellent. A variety of different styles are used, including claymation and straight-up live-action footage and it serves the narrative.

The story is also just a tribute to music too.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-10-14-31-AM.pn

YES.

I can get used to it tho'!😀

Heh, like I said, that's just teenage Amuro. XD

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite all the instances of UC Gundam showing up, it has been only thrice that they used the entirety of the conflict of the story that began it all? -Well, I kinda get why they wouldn't do it frequently, I suppose it's easier to shove it into backstory than tell it and then jump into whatever from Z-ZZ-CC and other UC stuff they want to retell. Plus it lays some groundwork for prior conflicts the present day finds itself the continuation of.

When you need to add the likes of Zeta/ZZ, it's certainly by necessity to have the OYW be a thing of the past, yes. Then again, Classicverse managed just that. On the other hand, it took until SRW 4 for SRW to actually actually adapt the anime storylines instead of they being intertwined with the OG stuff, which is why you had OYW era stuff all the way over to Cosmo Babylon War era stuff (F91) at the same time. After all, for SRW 2 and SWR 3, it wasn't so much the One Year War, but rather the Zabi Family throwing their lot with Bian, then taking over DC after his demise. So the DC and Principality of Zeon were one and the same in effect.

And then Alpha 1's case is that the OYW got temporarily put on hold, because it's the timeline where the Federation believes Bian (hard not to considering what happens in the backstory), so the war reaches a truce... which gets broken by the time Alpha 1 proper begins.

But yes, usually it's just best to put the OYW as background stuff. And in SRW's current state, it will remain there, more so now that they're putting the Original Trio firmly in the Veterans role. Now that iterations of all three of Amuro, Koji, and Ryoma in their late 20's exist.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Post-reboot Doctors got slapped a lot lmaoooo (except 13 and I can guess why).

You mean they didn't have Rose's mum slap her for old time's sake? 0/10, Doctor Who is terrible /s.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But yes, usually it's just best to put the OYW as background stuff. And in SRW's current state, it will remain there, more so now that they're putting the Original Trio firmly in the Veterans role. Now that iterations of all three of Amuro, Koji, and Ryoma in their late 20's exist.

Judging from the brief glimpse of him I got during the Expansion Pack teaser "battle", won't Devolution upset this As Old As The Laws Of Anime Permit trio though?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking about games to get during the winter sales. I know I want Rune Factory 5 (Steam version b/c it seemingly has less performance issues), but anything besides that... I was considering Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia because it rarely has gone on sale, yet the demo didn't entirely sell me on the game, yet the demo simply might've been too short? Maglam Lord has also been on my list, but I know it's a squarely 7/10 game and the price tag still seems $5 too high for its ideal sale price point IMO (and if I'm getting RF5, do I need another hubbypon-hubbypon simulator?). I generally dislike asking for stuff, and I've already gotten four games for Xmas, so I hesitate to ask for more than just RF5.

As for me, I will get nothing. Got my sights set on nothing. The only game I was considering was Deep Rock Galactic, and for undiscernible reasons it went on sale before the general Steam sale began, so... Okay!

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesante.

See, was that so hard? Why'd you have to say it in weebish, ya friggin' baka?

Probably because it's less "trendy". It's a passion project adapting a niche 4koma manga and it shows because holy moly, the animation is excellent. A variety of different styles are used, including claymation and straight-up live-action footage and it serves the narrative.

The story is also just a tribute to music too.

Right, I understand.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, looks like your mod has a positive outlook so far!

It would seem that way. I'm glad. I'd love to get some reactions to the wilder stuff that happens later.

EDIT: Speak of the devil... There it is. Gahahahahahaha...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Judging from the brief glimpse of him I got during the Expansion Pack teaser "battle", won't Devolution upset this As Old As The Laws Of Anime Permit trio though?

Perhaps at some point, if they stick with Devolution. Though it might be hard to, considering their nature as digital lifeforms.