Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

$223 for two new pairs of prescription glasses because I don't have eye insurance. At least the exam itself was free (but only because I got two pairs).

I rarely do this but I'm gonna need to ask dad if he can send me what I just paid because rent is due at the end of the week.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have two different mercenaries that I gotta pick from. One I've not used before, the other's a tough lady. And I gotta make room for Beard Pegasus Knight next chapter. Ahhh stupid Fire Emblem, why is this always a problem...

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I looked up the Korean Engage spoiler.

Omoshiroi. That's all I'll say.

I’ve seen the spoiler as well, and I called it a few weeks ago. Anyone with two brain cells could’ve called that from outer space.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

MAKE IT STOP

Blues scale moment.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, I see it too. Mario's actor rushed through the line and it leaves things up to interpretation.

Phew.

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, that was certainly a line.

Hotel Mario's writing really makes you think at a level most games don't expect you to. It must have been directed and written by David Cage. Wait... David Cage...

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cimematic experiences" need to die.

Oh no, speak of the devil, I said David Cage and game devs immediately start writing poorly.

(By the way, what is the problem with "cinematic experience" games? I know Heavy Rain in particular is really bad, but I don't know what's super wrong about trying to structure a game a bit like a TV show.)

21 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I’ve seen the spoiler as well, and I called it a few weeks ago. Anyone with two brain cells could’ve called that from outer space.

Yeah, everyone knew that Toothpaste-chan was gonna say "It's toothpastin' time" and toothpaste all those guys.

I haven't seen the spoiler, by the way.

20221228_093538.jpg

Dude he's right, I've never seen a game that has a narrative that makes you fee-

THE TEARS DON'T STOP

Seriously, I have no idea what this guy is talking about. There are so many games that are narratively driven or have relatively normal people starring.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wendy's pennies do, in fact, pinch back, so make of that what you will.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nice of the princess to invite us over for a picnic, eh Luigi?

Over there! It's Bowsuh!

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Just proves how GOAT Engage designs are!

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, everyone knew that Toothpaste-chan was gonna say "It's toothpastin' time" and toothpaste all those guys.

Worse.

Your Terraria life.

I will hack into your computer, start up Terraria and put a block of crimson in your house.

Cowering Detective Pikachu - Meming Wiki

Alright you win, I'll bring in mage Ignatz.

That's how I felt as well haha. It's super fan. Try winning by murdering the people in the lead, it's a legit strategy!

There was a death mode I tried out that was basically a track loop and you had to be the last one standing but non the of CPUs made an attempt to attack each other so really it was just a normal race with one asshole trying to kill everybody with minimal success.

Hey, it's okay. It happens. Not everyone's going to investigate every single character they find in Smash. In my case it really only got me into Mother 3!

It was Smash that got me into Fire Emblem which is my all time favorite franchise, so that's got to count for something.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Gaming standards basically control what the male chars look like (usually a shirt and pants of some kind) but female chars have dresses, skirts, etc to make them stand out. (And all of their variants) Seeing different colored pants isnt exactly appealing. Xd

Male hairstyles are usually somewhat plain, where girls usually have differing hair styles.

Males usually look "functional" in games whereas females look "fashionable" imo.

Sure you can argue its possible the other way around, but most artists can just be more creative with female chars i think.

It's a social thing really. Women have a history of their value being place on their looks which extends to modern day, so they are often allowed more flavor in their outfits and looks. It's why girls who dress more traditionally masculine like are socially acceptable but men wearing skirts, makeup and other traditionally feminine things are not as much so.

Not that tomboys don't have discrimination of their own to deal with but it's far less than a tomgirl.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's a shame S2 dropped the ball. Animation-wise I mean, narratively it's fine but man.

Oh actually I haven't watched session 2 yet. I finished it only when there was 1 session.

Take back then, my list of anime I've watched from start to finish has shifted from 2 to 1.

You know, I really hate how easy videogames make everything seem. When I'm playing a game, all I have to do is press a button and the items I want to grab warp to my character's hand. In real life, I have to move my hand toward the item and recall the essential motions, which runs the risk of failure and pushing the box, within which rests an egg, to the ground, with the ensuing eggsplosion.

That's a lot of words to say I bopped the box I meant to grab and got egg all over the ground. Because I am really skilled at hands.

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Just proves how GOAT Engage designs are!

I suppose so. Funny how things turn out.

...Zephia's a thing, though. If there's a reason for me to want her to turn out to be playable, it's so I can reclass/redress her into something that doesn't make me want to cry blood.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh no, speak of the devil, I said David Cage and game devs immediately start writing poorly.

(By the way, what is the problem with "cinematic experience" games? I know Heavy Rain in particular is really bad, but I don't know what's super wrong about trying to structure a game a bit like a TV show.)

It's lazy. It doesn't use the advantages of videogames at all, and instead people just make movies.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

You must have read the wrong spoiler. In actuality, Vandad takes off the mask and reveals his true identity as Garon, and then he says "it's saltin' time" and salts all his new children.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Over there! It's Bowsuh!

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Fun fact: Hotel Mario's voice actor didn't fade from existence after Hotel Mario. His latest work is Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart in 2021, where he plays Zurkie. He plays this Zurkov character in every Ratchet and Clank, in fact. He also scored a role in Fallout New Vegas, and a minor role in Last Airbender.

What I'm getting at is, these are all decently big names to end up in the resume of the man who said "you know what they say, all toasters toast TOAST"

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Cowering Detective Pikachu - Meming Wiki

Alright you win, I'll bring in mage Ignatz.

I love winning.

There was a death mode I tried out that was basically a track loop and you had to be the last one standing but non the of CPUs made an attempt to attack each other so really it was just a normal race with one asshole trying to kill everybody with minimal success.

That's how all my races went lololololololol

Though in the higher difficulties they do start attacking. It's really annoying.

It was Smash that got me into Fire Emblem which is my all time favorite franchise, so that's got to count for something.

I never did pay much attention to Marth and Ike. Ended up getting into it by other means.

Oh actually I haven't watched session 2 yet. I finished it only when there was 1 session.

Take back then, my list of anime I've watched from start to finish has shifted from 2 to 1.

Watch Paranoia Agent and bring the number back up to 2.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

I suppose it boils down to games are meant to be interactive media. So if a game is trying to be like a TV show... it elicits the question of "Then why not make it a TV show to begin with? Why made it a game at all?"

So mostly it's the playing the game / watching the game "play" itself ratio that people could have issues with if it tilts too much in the latter's favor.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Zephia's a thing, though. If there's a reason for me to want her to turn out to be playable, it's so I can reclass/redress her into something that doesn't make me want to cry blood.

You ever see a demo finish in under 5 minutes including bits you couldn't play?

Well, try Papetura, a game that will tell you to stop playing and buy it that quickly!

I have to comment on the audacity at least. It's not like it's low effort, the visuals are pretty good actually, but it's one of those game where movement and acting are slow and methodical, with puzzle solving that I barely got to see as my paper guy turned around and walked back into the cell I'd just left.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I really hate how easy videogames make everything seem.

Then you should play Death Stranding, the game that reminds you that vehicles are a luxury.

s lazy. It doesn't use the advantages of videogames at all, and instead people just make movies.

I guess that's fair.

You must have read the wrong spoiler. In actuality, Vandad takes off the mask and reveals his true identity as Garon, and then he says "it's saltin' time" and salts all his new children.

You are my toothpaste now.

What I'm getting at is, these are all decently big names to end up in the resume of the man who said "you know what they say, all toasters toast TOAST"

If that isn't an inspirational comeback story, I don't know what is.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Then you should play Death Stranding, the game that reminds you that vehicles are a luxury.

You know, before I knew very little of this game. Seeing the box art I thought for sure it had to be some kind of ethereal, abstract experience.

Then I was told it's Amazon Simulator.

I guess that's fair.

Doesn't help that most of them play the same and aren't even good stories lol. Games with less gameplay make better use of the medium and tell better stories than these high production hodgepodges.

You are my toothpaste now.

Garon does have sparkling white teeth. Must be from using Aleargate. 9 out of 10 dentists recommend it!

If that isn't an inspirational comeback story, I don't know what is.

I mean if you ask me he only fell down. But then, he already won life when he got to be the main characters of Hotel Mario.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh i hate her aswell

To be honest, I'm almost surprised to find that her and Yunaka are the only designs I outright hate. Veyle is more on principle. Can't just skip the dragon loli for once, can they...

$223 for two new pairs of prescription glasses because I don't have eye insurance. At least the exam itself was free (but only because I got two pairs).

I rarely do this but I'm gonna need to ask dad if he can send me what I just paid because rent is due at the end of the week.

Add $88 to this because I went back and had them apply anti-glare to the lenses.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

By the way, what is the problem with "cinematic experience" games? I know Heavy Rain in particular is really bad, but I don't know what's super wrong about trying to structure a game a bit like a TV show.)

Are you trying to make a TV show or are you trying to make a game?

Film. TV. Games. Three different mediums with different storytelling strengths. You shouldn't try to imitate the other.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Seriously, I have no idea what this guy is talking about. There are so many games that are narratively driven or have relatively normal people starring

Xenoblade 3 Ch.5 and 6 clears the medium.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh actually I haven't watched session 2 yet.

Don't. Just read the mango from where S1 left off.

NaWg0Zx.jpg

Isn't class segregation so funny?

1KUFyYD.jpg

Again, just like me fr.

Y7ACTgz.jpg

Pretty sure it's determined on how important the person is to the story.

RtV5wJE.jpg

Ah goddammit, Petra's not gay enough.

VXI6bZS.jpg

Hanneman, why do you have a uterus on your wall.

IZGIn8L.jpgnYPEOB8.jpg

Advertising a history of Europe book and then spending most of the time on the Roman Empire is peek realism.

xUjT6Wy.jpg

Thank god we have journalists.

eRL5csf.jpg

Tell that to the Inuit.

rUEsRcn.jpg

"Killing is bad unless god says I can" is also peek realism.

YsVMcV2.jpg

Fortunately for you, Ignatz, I was threatened by a multi-colored bearded guy to recruit you.

AaeMtsK.jpg

I hope at least one of you got the joke I made last time where I suggested Ashe and Manuela might be related because Manuela's voice actress also voices Ash from Pokemon.

Su0ZTKT.jpg

Man, thank god women can't be predators or else this would be really creepy!

oqv6DLG.jpgxtAtCNN.jpg

Give me a fucking sitcom with these two.

mHhFFsP.jpg

I'm glad this game continues the FE tradition of having the first couple maps requiring the most strategical involvement.

LllJzGv.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't think they were going to keep you a secret in this route.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't. Just read the mango

This typographical error is risible to me.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

VXI6bZS.jpg

Hanneman, why do you have a uterus on your wall

Why wouldn't he?

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Fortunately for you, Ignatz, I was threatened by a multi-colored bearded guy to recruit you.

Damn right. You let that boy paint you a picture.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

1KUFyYD.jpg

Again, just like me fr.

As an aside, if you liked Lysithea from VW, using her here and getting her Edelgard support might be cool.

Unfortunately the part that would’ve been cool to use her for happens off screen because 3H moment, but y’know.

RtV5wJE.jpg

Ah goddammit, Petra's not gay enough.

Not for you she’s not, but for others…

https://fe3h.noobsaigon.com/dorothea/petra

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

NaWg0Zx.jpg

Isn't class segregation so funny?

This would be one of the first things to go if I had control of 3H's development. Why are we walking into the bedrooms?

Back to your point, it's a shame this isn't acknowledged. Imagine if one of the characters from a rich background was up with the noble kids and face being ostracised or a lord who lost out having to come to terms with that fall from grace. I don't get how Bernie's counted in this lot, same with Linhardt. Petra's location could make sense with her being pushed about as a result of her position as a hostage, Annette and Mercedes are in weird places with the links to nobility but both still have ties, especially Annette. Finally Lysithea, while part of a house that has fallen far from prominence she has much more to be stressing about than being left in the lurch. None off these actually confront this potential angle. Better to scrap it imo.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

VXI6bZS.jpg

Hanneman, why do you have a uterus on your wall.

Funny, this crest is (Paralogue from Part 2 spoilers):

Spoiler

The Crest of the Beast.

I'm going to try to avoid reading anything into that.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Su0ZTKT.jpg

Man, thank god women can't be predators or else this would be really creepy!

He, Petra and Lysithea being so young bothers me in context.

Less than another character's age bothers me, but it does.

LllJzGv.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't think they were going to keep you a secret in this route.

I mean, it's still White Clouds so far.

And this could be your first route after all lol

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately the part that would’ve been cool to use her for happens off screen because 3H moment, but y’know.

?

..... It's been a while

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Not for you she’s not, but for others…

https://fe3h.noobsaigon.com/dorothea/petra

3H of all games having a unit who could be interested in the player but not being so is amazing, shame they didn't follow through in full with M!Byleth or have this happen ever.