Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, got reminded of Jelanda from VP looking at that girl.

Having looked it up, I can kind of see it.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Sooks and Armagon were so careful to disclose absolutely nothing when they played the game, and then you came about and started dropping images and spoiler boxes.

Like, this is legit the first time I have ever seen what the game's cutscenes look like. I had not seen it before. This is apparently gamebreaking spoilers.

I don't think not talking about the game at all is necessary, it's a nonlinear narrative about teenagers in robots who fight monsters and some other stuff that Armagon and Sooks would hunt me down for mentioning. But I am considerate of Trails spoilers, so I think that balances it out.

Also, it's kind of difficult to talk about the plot in a way that "makes sense" if you don't have the game's context, which is probably another reason why some avoid discussing it.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Pretty sure it was me that said that.

Anyway. I drew Lumera's death.

la9o65eK_o.jpg

In case someone gets mad at me, this isn't a spoiler. The game's not been leaked yet. This is just what I think is going to happen.

I mean, c'mon, it's really obvious. Okay maybe I took some creative liberties, but more or less this is going to be it, watch.

There's a goof in this drawing that's haunting me, please nobody notice

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I don't think not talking about the game at all is necessary, it's a nonlinear narrative about teenagers in robots who fight monsters and some other stuff that Armagon and Sooks would hunt me down for mentioning. But I am considerate of Trails spoilers, so I think that balances it out.

Also, it's kind of difficult to talk about the plot in a way that "makes sense" if you don't have the game's context, which is probably another reason why some avoid discussing it.

I mean, I already clicked a couple of your boxes and promptly forgot their contents. It's really not all that, reading a single line isn't going to ruin the game for anyone.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty sure it was me that said that.

Anyway. I drew Lumera's death.

la9o65eK_o.jpg

In case someone gets mad at me, this isn't a spoiler. The game's not been leaked yet. This is just what I think is going to happen.

I mean, c'mon, it's really obvious. Okay maybe I took some creative liberties, but more or less this is going to be it, watch.

There's a goof in this drawing that's haunting me, please nobody notice

I'm surprised it wasn't Vander in the open shirt and trunks outfit.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a shame the alternate outfits seem to be Somniel only. No joke, I'd have everyone fight in their training clothes or even swimsuits otherwise.

I think everyone was looking forward to that. Sadly, IntSys is still a company that isn't happy unless it does something horribly wrong for no reason.

You know, the House That Cannot Stand was tragically (for American democracy) terribly funny for the first two days. Now on day three... it is no longer amusing.🙁 Worry over the institution is gaining ground.

-Although, the angel on one shoulder 😇 is also open to hearing the devil on the opposite's argument 😈, that letting the party with the illiberal tendency boil alive in a cauldron of its own making, is good for the sake of weakening the public perception of said party and thereby helping the cause of democracy.

---

...Time for dessert, then more RF5. I unlocked the knight guy and RF's second book-loving princess. A few comments so far.:

• Even on Hard the game feels too easy at the start if you're fighting the things you're supposed to.
  • Wild items feel a little too plentiful as well, and weed, lumber, and stone regeneration on your farmland is mega-fast. Should only happen at the start of every day!
  • Is 10 FP/LP really the maximum this time? Merely chatting with people every day has gotten me to 1 with almost everybody. I feel it makes gifting irrelevant when free idle chatter grants waaaaaaaaaaaay too many points! Gimme Relationships Merciless (I'm not using the word "Hard" here) Mode.

I saw three bachelor/ette events were available. Only one being a guy's, I picked Murakumo's. Did things change in RF4? Because for RF2 and 3 IIRC, all romance events were requests, I was caught off guard by them not being them in this game. Still 10 events per candidate? Also, making each event a multi-day process and being only able to have one active at once? Different, and I don't mind it, might make things better.

Lastly:

20230105151600-1.jpg

"nice, good-lookin' person".

Very subtle, and the language is pretty ordinary, I could see it being written this way unconsciously. Nonetheless, I can't help but ponder if they consciously had to remind themselves not to use the word "woman/lady" instead.😄

Much too early to say again, but I honestly won't rule out Murakumo, a little surprisingly so to me.😆 Maybe the best first impression of the guys, seems sweet, I like that he is a bit different design-wise from the other guys. ...And b/c Hina exists, that "gay uncle" trope popped into my mind and I don't understand why I'm finding it funny, but I do; if she said "Uncle Ares" at the possible wedding... 🤣I also might seriously be craving "daddy" energy for the first time in my life.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know, the House That Cannot Stand was tragically (for American democracy) terribly funny for the first two days. Now on day three... it is no longer amusing.🙁 Worry over the institution is gaining ground.

-Although, the angel on one shoulder 😇 is also open to hearing the devil on the opposite's argument 😈, that letting the party with the illiberal tendency boil alive in a cauldron of its own making, is good for the sake of weakening the public perception of said party and thereby helping the cause of democracy.

It's amazing how they're now upon the 12th voting round.

And now I wonder. Will something... special... happen tomorrow...?

I saw three bachelor/ette events were available. Only one being a guy's, I picked Murakumo's. Did things change in RF4? Because for RF2 and 3 IIRC, all romance events were requests, I was caught off guard by them not being them in this game. Still 10 events per candidate? Also, making each event a multi-day process and being only able to have one active at once? Different, and I don't mind it, might make things better.

I suppose. In RF4 there's technically just the one Pre-Marriage event, but then you needed to do certain Town Events in order to do the Pre-Marriage one (in addition to the standard fare of double bed, LP high enough, etc). How many would vary, but usually it'd be just one or two. Though Margaret needed four Town Events for her Pre-Marriage Event. Can't speak about how many are required in RF5. Could be dynamic again. And yes, Town Event could take days to finish. Oh, and the Pre-Marriage Event is also a Town Event in itself.

The main problem is... the Town Event system. It's completely random, so it's frustrating to get the event you want unless you save scum (since thankfully, once the game sets a day to be a Town Event day, you can just save before going to bed, then if it's not the event you want, you reload and try again). From my understanding, RF5 improved on that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's amazing how they're now upon the 12th voting round.

And now I wonder. Will something... special... happen tomorrow...?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This quip attributed to Einstein is very wrong in many situations. But in the House right now? Yep, swap the suits for straitjackets.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I firmly believe that a person having any kind of power over others is a bad thing.

And thus human civilization collapsed.

We kinda deserve it tbf.

Nah but for real, not only has there always been someone in power since the stone age but this sort of hierarchy has been observed in other species of primates, as well as other animals entirely. Animal heiarchy+human intelligence is honestly an unbeatable combo but this isn't just something we came up with. The first kings (and i mean the first kings) did not wake up one day and go "hmm imma just rule because i feel like it". Realistically, they had to convince a bunch of people that they were fit for the job. Several thousand years of snowballing later and well, we know what happens.

Yeah, it's probably just a coincidence that most of the rich and powerful in Latin America are white while most of the impoverished are dark skinned.

This wasn't your point tho?

Well it may interest you to know that the Great Wall just...didn't work.

Oh i know it didn't work. Building things that don't work famously is a human trait.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FlvMTPoX0AMqe4V.jpg?width=1104&height=62

You can give Sommie a tiny top hat.

Sommie looks photoshopped in this.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

And not creating safety standards was a choice made by those in charge.

It....took us until like the 1900s for safety building measures to be put in place for anything. Before then, it was "just don't die bro". The ancient Egyptians did get paid for building the pyramids but like

26ae967139835fcad902fd5b314eaa4a.jpg

people definitely died doing this. Not that people don't die building stuff today but a lot of it is usually preventable.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A6XAUpd.png

>Kaga end

>Veyle in chains

na08vly70z9a1.jpg

She has chains in the one art we have of her. 

*Meanwhile at IntSys*

"CEO-san, we have a major problem"

"What is it, intern-kun"

"It's K.A.G.A sir! It's escaped from it's containment cell"

"God help us all"

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, this is legit the first time I have ever seen what the game's cutscenes look like.

I.....posted one before tho?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

s 10 FP/LP really the maximum this time?

I think the points cap out at 10 but the number keeps going. This was the case in RF4.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, making each event a multi-day process and being only able to have one active at once? Different, and I don't mind it, might make things better.

The one problem is that it automatically starts should you dare to step within range. 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't speak about how many are required in RF5.

Well for starters, marriage and children is only possible post-game (which it's Rune Factory tbf). Before you can marry someone, you have to go through all their romance events (it's usually three). After that, a final romance event unlocks which leads into marriage.

Me going back in time to stop Monolith Soft from adding Elemental Awakening in Torna (there is literally no counterplay, you just eat shit for playing the game)

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me going back in time to stop Monolith Soft from adding Elemental Awakening in Torna (there is literally no counterplay, you just eat shit for playing the game

Mod it out, its not that difficult.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

If you can successfully name me five times a person in power did something that changed the world in a positive way on par with the terrible changes people in power have made, I may rethink my view.

1. Nelson Mandela ending apartheid peacefully
  2. Any number of abolitionist politicians
  3. Joaquim Chissano for pulling Mozambique out of civil war and turning it into a democracy
  4. Atatürk, for his sweeping reforms that modernized Turkey, greatly improved women's rights, and fostered positive relations with neighbouring countries
  5. Ghandi, for obvious reasons
  6. Aung San Suu Kyi, constantly fighting bravely for democracy in a troubled country.
  7. Jose Ramos-Horta and many others like him who take up the torch for cultural minorities.
  8. Tawakkol Karman and many others who fight for women's rights
  9. Medha Patkar and many others who fight for the poor
  10. Celebrities like Paul Newman who use their platform to help people
  11. Environmentalist leaders like Chico Mendes
  12. Rigoberta Menchu, advocate for indigenous peoples
  13. Youth advocates like Kirthi Jayakumar

Authority is a tool for education, administration of goods, and empowerment. While it is often used to cause harm, authority as a whole is not bad; without it, we don't have things like hospitals, schools, transportations, etc.. Additionally, people like MLK are people with power; even if they're not politicians themselves, they certainly hold great sway over happenings. Power builds platforms. You can also see this in a negative light with stuff like the NRA.

It's very easy to rue the damage caused by those in power, but what we can do as a society can only be done if we are indeed a society.

1 minute ago, Sinon said:

I don’t hate it

Well, the problem with it is: it kinda dissuades the player from wanting to use Blade specials (or in Torna's case, also the driver specials)

So the core is kinda affected by the fact that the enemy gets huge boosts for you playing the way it wants you to.